Author Topic: New English Translation of The Roman Missal  (Read 2201 times)

bollin_pop

• Tough Cookie
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • I'm a tough cookie!
New English Translation of The Roman Missal
« on: July 03, 2012, 03:36:24 pm »
It has been decided that the new English translation of the The Roman Missal will be gradually implemented in the Church in the Philippines. As the lay faithful “notice the changes, they are catechized on their meaning and significance.” In a letter written by Archbishop Luis Antonio Tagle, he explains, “The experience of other dioceses teaches us that it will be more beneficial if the program of catechesis occurs with a gradual implementation of the new English translation.”

The proposed Program of Gradual Implementation of the different parts pertaining to the participation of the assembly is as follows:

June – And with your spirit (Greeting, Gospel, Preface, Final Blessing)
July – I confess
August – Gloria
September – Nicene/Apostles’ Creed
October – Pray Brethren, Memorial Acclamation
November – Invitation to Communion (Lord, I am not worthy)
December – Full implementation
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 03:41:49 pm by bollin_pop »

sakuramie

• GirlTalker
    • http://www.mywedding.com/larzandmie/index.html
Re: New English Translation of The Roman Missal
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 12:05:22 am »
yes sis nantoiced ko nga 'to..minsan namamali pa ko dun sa "and with your spirit". Last sunday sa EDSA shrine, implemented na yung "I confess", binigyan kami ng copy para makasunod during the mass.

bollin_pop

• Tough Cookie
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • I'm a tough cookie!
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 11:01:24 am »
^Ako din sis. Hindi pa gaanong used to the new responses. Pero ok din yung gradual implementation. Next year kasi dapat lahat aligned na.

chinkee

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 11:21:01 am »
hi sis,

share lang po..

sa amin dito (overseas) last few months na implement na yung new roman missal ...medyo nasanay na din ako kahit nung una.. "and also with you" pa rin yung nasasabi ko instead of "and with your spirit".. good thing sa church namin..medyo naprep na kami a few weeks before, sinasabi na ng mga priests na ganito - ganyan yung magiging changes..

nung una medyo mahirap kasi yung changes isang bagsakan.. not gradual.. good thing they provided us with booklets tapos dun na lang namin sinusundan kung ano dapat sabihin.. meron din screen projector kung saang page na dapat kasi minsan di mo na masundan yung book.. tapos palaging ina-announce before the mass para hindi makalimutan talaga..

Eventually now, wala ng booklets, projector na lang.. medyo memorize na din yung mga changes.. Hindi naman siya talaga malayo dun sa kinasanayan... I'm not sure, pero diba the reason why they changed it is because medyo not coherent yung translation to English that's why ni-review nila and they came up with the new missal.

binggay

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Career-woman, devout wife, and supermom!
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 01:25:50 pm »
My son, who goes to Ateneo, was the first to inform me about this. Nagulat ako kasi when we went to church, yung reply na "And with your spirit", siya lang ang nagsabi, lahat kami "and also with you". I asked him how we knew it sabi niya yung mga masses daw sa school niya now use the Roman Missal responses.

franc1sgmp

• GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 06:02:27 am »
Mejo awkward pagka ti-nranslate yung "and with your spirit" sa tagalog. literally, it would mean "at ang iyong hininga"

shadow_man

• GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 06:19:31 am »
In our province except with the usual "and also with you" response, we use the same as the new (though really old) Roman Missal now. Our Priest was an old Dominican so he preferred to use the old version which is now called as the new version :)

This reversion to the old translation is in line with Pope Benedict's call to return to Tradition, thus the use of the nicene creed and the new (old) translation closest to the latin version.

Some churches now have allocated time to celebrate the Tridentine mass. Any one of you ever attended a Tridentine mass?

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close