watch now

Author Topic: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet- Thread 3  (Read 130719 times)

amberstar

  • Guest
Re: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet- Thread 3
« Reply #120 on: July 03, 2012, 09:53:03 pm »
@martintine, i started at 158.6lbs and stopped at 121.4lbs.(that's my hi range).  Iba ang Personal eating plan, iba ang refeed at iba ang maintenance.  You have to go thru these 3 stages.  Refeed is the stage where you already reached your goal weight and you have to reintroduce the food slowly to your body, like more protein & veg, then mixing different kinds of protein in 1 meal, carbs, bread, biscuits, milk, alcohol, etc...  The # of refeed days varies din, personalize din siya, sa akin it's 19days. It would take time (1-2weeks) before your refeed plan would be available so it would be best if you could order your refeed 2-3kg before reaching goal weight.
@Sisa, I feel for you, i bet halos lahat tayo dito ay emotional/binge eater, you're not alone, it's just that we should learn to stop this habit for our own good, i know i know... easier said than done... try reading books about emotional eating, try reading geneen roth's book(women, food & god), maraming aha moments dun... Use this situation to your advantage.  I'm also in the process of learning what triggers my emotional/binge eating...  I know i have a long road ahead of me... Cohen is a very effective vehicle in loosing weight and balancing hormones but sadly solving the mystery behind our emotional/binge eating is harder kasi we have to dig deep inside ourselves. 

martintine

  • Guest
Re: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet- Thread 3
« Reply #121 on: July 03, 2012, 10:05:07 pm »
Hi amberstar! Thanks for the info you provided. We almost have the same starting weight, I at 159 lbs. I lost 12 pounds after one month, I admit I cheated 3 times because Idid not have time to prepare my meals. I was surprised that during the seminars, I was already full by eating salad, so I assume that my stomach got smaller  :D

About the refeed and maintenance, do you have to measure your meals? Thanks again for the info

freshpicks

  • Guest
Re: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet- Thread 3
« Reply #122 on: July 03, 2012, 10:33:09 pm »
Thanks sis kreez, francesigh! Kaya toh. I need to move on and bawi nalang. Uminom din ako ng maraming water after.

Sisa, kayang kaya mo yan. Just stay focused and think of the the benefits. Im sure your bf has a good reason for moving. Its probably for the best of you both.

Poligals, sa labas lang sa bilihan ng fruits and veggies. I learned it lang din from one of our sisses here. The name of the stall is rizal dairy talaga. Katapat ng bigasan

kreez

  • Guest
Re: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet- Thread 3
« Reply #123 on: July 03, 2012, 10:55:47 pm »
mga sis question pala, sino na sa inyo ang nagtravel while on the program.  Yung mga 2-3 hour flight ok lang sana kaya lang ang pinagpplanuhan ko na eh yung trip namin sa pinas... matagal pa naman kaya lang i want to be prepared :D.  Kasi that will be a 14-hour flight, hindi ko pa sure kung pano ko imamanage yung pagkain sa plane tapos yung time adjustment pagdating sa pinas kasi 6hours ang difference.  for the flight kasi it means I have to prepare 3 meals with me... hmmm doable naman baka inoover think ko lang :D

Tips dun from dun sa mga madalas magtravel ha, thanks!

chochie26

  • Guest
Re: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet- Thread 3
« Reply #124 on: July 04, 2012, 04:05:06 am »
Hi everyone! i registered at Cohen online last friday and just did my blood test this morning! Excited na ako! Anyone from here from California?


amberstar

  • Guest
Re: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet- Thread 3
« Reply #125 on: July 04, 2012, 10:10:36 am »
@martintine, sa refeed may weighing and computations, as in medyo complicated kaya nga maraming umiiwas sa refeed stage, pero i find it fun kaya i enjoyed it.  Sa maintenance wala ng weighing, unless you want to, kasi it's advised to eat the amount of food sa last day of refeed(which by the way is a very large amount of food) :) which i'm planning to do after i loose these weight that i gained.
@chochie26 and rogue0214, welcome!
@kreez, just prepare the food in advance, it's doable, i traveled for 7days, bring all the meat that i needed tapos puro reheat na lang(veg&fruit i bought sa supermarket abroad), nakalusot naman sa manila, HK, china so i bet ok lang din yung siya i-hand carry, just tell them you're under a strict medical diet if they questioned you.  Hindi worth mag deviate kung airplane food lang kapalit, yucky! :P

Sisa16

  • Guest
Re: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet- Thread 3
« Reply #126 on: July 04, 2012, 11:53:14 am »
Dear Sissses,

ang sakit sakit ng ulo kakaiyak at kakaisip.hahah!Tinalo nya ang first day ko nagstart ako sa Cohen. ANyway, Salamat sa mga comforting words mga kapatid. I have to learn how to be alone. Siguro, mas nanaig yung fear na mag-isa ka na lang sa isang foreign country. Maybe this is the time for me to appreciate the things around me, go out and enjoy. I do not go out kasi i prefer being with my guy.

Question lang,sis, hindi ba masama ang puro mushroom?haha!araw araw nakamushroom ako eh. Konting konti lang talaga ang gulay na allowed sa akin so it is either mushroom and cabbage or mushroom and spinach or mushroom and asparagus.

And dito sa office this morning, nagdala ang officemate ko nung weighing scale. Well, there was an 8 kg difference from the last time I weighed in.heheeh. Pero syempre I have to take into consideration na hindi yun ang ginamit ko the first time I weighed. Pero ang sarap ng feeling na bumaba na ang timbang ko. When they asked me how much did I lose, I just whispered "effective". Sabi ba naman ng mga kaofficemate ko eh hindi calibrated ang scale at mag +10 sa weight. Hmp, syempre, panira sila ng mood talaga.

amberstar

  • Guest
Re: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet- Thread 3
« Reply #127 on: July 04, 2012, 03:10:37 pm »
@sisa, naku maghanda ka na sa iba't ibang klaseng comments during your cohen journey, may ibang puro negative ang comment maybe dahil sa inggit o ewan (lalo na kung skinny ka na to the point na you'll be confused if you really wanted to be skinny or not) may iba naman na supportive, ang importante you're doing something you know would be good for you.  Ako din maraming natangap na negative comments, kesyo mas maganda ako tignan nung mataba ako, kesyo tumanda ako tignan at ano-ano pa, considering some of these people are my family & my close friends.  Ang sinasagot ko lang eh, katawan ko at ako ang bahala, and i don't think there's something wrong if chose to be live a healthy lifestyle. ;)   

poligals

  • Guest
Re: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet- Thread 3
« Reply #128 on: July 04, 2012, 03:44:26 pm »
Cohenites,

Where can I buy CHROMIUM vitamins? I read in a post that it is already included in Centrum but I'm taking Mosvit. Should I shift to Centrum or better if I take Chromium separately?

kreez

  • Guest
Re: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet- Thread 3
« Reply #129 on: July 04, 2012, 04:00:11 pm »
@amberstar hahaha oo nga sis, hindi worth an deviation kung airplane food lang.... sige magbabaon ako ng 4 meals para sure na hindi ako kapusin sa plane :D thanks for the advise. 

@sisa16, wow nice! tuloy tuloy na yang weigh lose mo na yan.... makikita nalang nila super payat ka na! re. your boyfie... hang in there everything will go well,

rogue0214

  • Guest
Re: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet- Thread 3
« Reply #130 on: July 04, 2012, 04:44:36 pm »
wala pa din yung referral ko para sa blood tests. Sana bukas e-mail na sakin para Saturday morning makapunta na ako ng clinic. So excited to start this diet program. hehe. Sana mag qualify ako.  :)

Sisa16

  • Guest
Re: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet- Thread 3
« Reply #131 on: July 04, 2012, 05:42:44 pm »
@sis kreez, uwi ka ng Pinas? Inggit much!! Pero paghahandaan ko din pag-uwi ko.haha! Actually, one of the reasons kung bakit nagtry ako magCohen's eh kasi uuwi sa January at of course,madidinig ko na naman na mataba ako. For a change naman, gusto ko marinig na ang sexy tee hee!.. Sis, I am sure yun sasabihin nila syo na u lost a lot of weight.

@sis rouge0214: usually 24-48 hours bago sila reply pero napansin ko lang, kasi sa time difference ha, puro madaling araw sila nagrereply sa akin. so kahapon ka nagregister di ba? hintayin mo until tomorrow morning.. :) :) :)

@sis amber: thanks sa payo. really appreciate it. :) i already called the bookstore at pinareserve ko na ang nag-iisang book ni Geneen Roth na available sa kanila. Baka sakaling kumalma ang puso ko pag nabasa ko na.muah!

amberstar

  • Guest
Re: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet- Thread 3
« Reply #132 on: July 04, 2012, 07:20:59 pm »
@kreez, bring all your extra food allowances like crackers, sugar free gum & fruit para walang reason magdeviate.  Anyway you could ask for diet sodas & water on board naman diba.. ;) kawawa naman yung flight attendant, mapapagod sa kakarefill ng water mo, syempre need maka quota ng 8-12 glasses  ;D
@sisa, try mo din book na beck's diet solution, eto di ko pa nababasa pero ang sabi ng iba this one is also recommended.  I'm trying to buy one pero wala pa dito sa pinas eh.  Just use this moment to concentrate paying attention to yourself, at kung skinny ka na at makita ka ni bf, baka magsisi siya at iniwan ka niya dyan mag isa.. hahaha... :D careerin mo muna itong cohen and emotional eating tapos pag goal weight na shopping naman.  Don't buy shoes din if di kailangan, lumiit paa ko after mag cohen so definitely ikaw din.  Good luck and keep us posted. :D

Sisa16

  • Guest
Re: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet- Thread 3
« Reply #133 on: July 04, 2012, 07:36:16 pm »
@sis amberstar: sige sige tingnan ko din yan. i love books! kaso focused ako sa mga fictions. Itry ko yan,sis. Thanks.

Ladies,btw, my question ako. May bloodtest pa ulit when you finished your 4th week,db? When is that? From the date you had your first blood test or from the time you started your diet program?

kreez

  • Guest
Re: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet- Thread 3
« Reply #134 on: July 04, 2012, 08:49:17 pm »
@amberstar, thanks sa tips sis ha, really appreciate... buti nalang pinaalala mo yun nga palang water! sabihin ko nalang agad dun sa attendant baka pwede na nya ako bigyan ng isang bote na tubig (1.5liter na agad yun) sabihin ko sa kanya otherwise babalik sya ng babalik sa kin hahaha nanakot! 

@sisa16 sa september pa naman ang uwi ko, kaya lang marami kasi kaming nakasched na travel din before that kaya medyo nag hahanda na ako hahaha.... sis gogogo lang yun nga ang motivation mo pag uwi mo sasabihin ka nila na sexy ka na!

Cristal

  • Guest
Re: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet- Thread 3
« Reply #135 on: July 04, 2012, 09:49:18 pm »
Sad to say but Cohen made me constipated! :( was never a problem before even with other diets. Why oh why?

amberstar

  • Guest
Re: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet- Thread 3
« Reply #136 on: July 04, 2012, 09:55:33 pm »
@Sisa, it should be from the date you started your eating plan.
@cristal, yes contipation is one of the problem you'll encounter, pero you could drink senna tea or senokot tablet naman.  It's expected na since we're consuming less food so most of the food we take are used up by our body, mas less ang waste produced.  Don't worry it would be ok once you reach refeed and maintenance.
@kreez, dapat piliin mong seat yong malapit sa CR.  ;D

Cristal

  • Guest
Re: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet- Thread 3
« Reply #137 on: July 04, 2012, 10:28:11 pm »
Thanks sis amber star! I'm drinking abs tea once daily...maybe I should double that para walang constipation. I'm inspired sa weightless mo. Ako I have a thyroid problem and I was always blaming it for my weight gain. Ang totoo Pala is I eat too much...too much junk food too! With my sickness, I really need to cut down on calories...that's the only way I can lose weight.

poligals

  • Guest
Re: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet- Thread 3
« Reply #138 on: July 04, 2012, 10:37:41 pm »
Guys, asking again regarding Chromium. I remember reading this from the old threads. Where can I buy this and recommended brand?

Cristal

  • Guest
Re: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet- Thread 3
« Reply #139 on: July 04, 2012, 10:57:04 pm »
Sis, are you referring to chromium picolinate? Supplement to help hunger pangs and to lose weight? If yes, I bought mine in healthy options. Solgar yung brand.

Also Pala, I have so much energy despite the controlled food intake. I usually sleep late, like 1-2am then I wake up ng 10am. Since I started Cohen, I'm alsleep by 10:30-11pm tapos up by 8am.  Is this caused by Cohen kaya???

Tapos during the day, Im not that hungry din. Kaya Siguro a lot of people stick to the plan, once your body gets used to it, everything should be a breeze.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close