watch now

Author Topic: European Tours Thread 3  (Read 104946 times)

Moirae

  • Guest
Re: European Tours Thread 3
« Reply #180 on: October 14, 2012, 04:29:28 am »
Am in Venice right now but will be in Spain next week, problem is luggage is already overflowing. Anyone knows a reliable balikbayan box service in barcelona? Thanks.

melodymedley

  • Guest
Re: European Tours Thread 3
« Reply #181 on: October 14, 2012, 12:06:44 pm »
@risky07: I preorder my boots online - yung mga shops sa Multiply but it takes around 6-8 before the goods reach me. You can check their on-hand stuff baka may size ka and type na model. I have two knee-length pairs from Janilyn - yung isa nasira na, the other one, I am still using. Aldo and Charles and Keith sell boots pero above Php  3,000; but you can buy them below 3K kapag naka-sale.

@Moirai: Enjoy Venice sis! I think may LBC sa Barcelona. Not sure where and how much but I recall sa worlwide map ng website nila, meron. If you will be flying from Venice to Spain, better buy extra luggage na rin sa flight mo kasi cheaper online. (I suffered 70 euros extra baggage fee, ouch!)

fabulosity

  • Guest
Re: European Tours Thread 3
« Reply #182 on: October 14, 2012, 11:01:16 pm »
Am in Venice right now but will be in Spain next week, problem is luggage is already overflowing. Anyone knows a reliable balikbayan box service in barcelona? Thanks.

Sis, I'm pretty sure there's an LBC in Spain. Oh you'll love Barcelona and let me tell ya, I did some serious shopping there! Don't forget to hit the Zara and Mango stores, prices are the cheapest, ANYWHERE, believe me! And don't forget the Mango outlet and Zara has one too(Lefties was the name, I believe).

And there's so much to see, especially if you're into art/architecture. So much more than Madrid, definitely. And the food, LOVE! La Boqueria and tapas bars are musts!

Hope this helps! You'll love Barcelona!

riksy07

  • Guest
Re: European Tours Thread 3
« Reply #183 on: October 15, 2012, 09:51:51 pm »
@mrs research, @melodymedley

Thanks for the reply sissies! I did check out S&H in Landmark and cute ng boots nila. I have yet to check out Janilyn.

I did a bit of research kasi and the average temperature in the places I'll go to (London, Paris, Rome) in late March and early April are around 9 degrees Celsius. Hindi pa ako nakakaexperience ng temperature that low. Can I still wear Uggs-ish boots for that temperature or would that look funny na? Lamigin din kasi ako mga sis. Do you advise buying boots here na (I'm thinking of buying one knee length one and one that's like calf length lang) or can I just buy a pair here and then sa Europe na lang magshop for another pair? I was thinking kasi of alternating my footwear to give them time to breathe and recover after days of long walking.

Sorry if it's OT na.

juana_antonia

  • Guest
Re: European Tours Thread 3
« Reply #184 on: October 15, 2012, 10:07:26 pm »
March and April are too late for wearing Uggs or Uggish boots unless may snow pa which I doubt.  Spring na by then.  Kung lamigin ka at malamig pa din weather that time, you can wear leather boots.  If I were you, I would just buy there, mas madaming choices and nicer designs.

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: European Tours Thread 3
« Reply #185 on: October 15, 2012, 10:10:11 pm »
^^Personally, I don't like Uggs. They look funny and make your feet/legs look big. That's just me ha. I'll go for flat heeled leather boots and buy them here or online so you have time to break them in. Never walk with brand new boots otherwise you'll end up with blisters galore.

For alternate footwear, you can bring ballerina flats (my Repettos saved me during this trip!) or any flat comfy shoes will do. This recent trip of mine I only had two footwear, my Repettos and leather boots. The average temperature we experienced during our trip was 8-10C. Carry na sa leather boots since meron ka pa naman socks or thights.

And don't forget to bring travel umbrellas. Spring can be a little wet out there specially in London and Paris.

melodymedley

  • Guest
Re: European Tours Thread 3
« Reply #186 on: October 16, 2012, 09:59:18 am »
@risky 07: I am a fan of boots, but not a fan of Uggs. You can just wear one or two layers of leggings, knee socks and boots. I bought two brand new pairs of boots early in my trip (scored one nice leather one on sale in Germany for 80 euros) and wore them during the trip. My feet did not suffer, although flats lang naman kasi sya.

9 degrees is the temperature of say, Mount Pulag. :)

melvel

  • Guest
Re: European Tours Thread 3
« Reply #187 on: October 16, 2012, 10:27:03 am »
Is there a place where I can purchase sturdy, not so expensive low-heeled leather boots locally?  I tried checking out Nine West but this brand is so overpriced here.  I would prefer an ankle boot only, the slouchier the better (I hate structured and stiff boots).


^Vain_Chiq^

  • Guest
Re: European Tours Thread 3
« Reply #188 on: October 19, 2012, 07:26:27 pm »
^Sis try the ukays. I got a steal before with a brandnew leather Rockport boots in Anonas for 180php. And you know what? when I checked the boots online it costs 6k! It's been with me for 3 years already and it's still in very good shape. Next week, we'll be in pinas for our holiday and I will scour the ukay again for some boots since the nice ones are pretty expensive here although they do go on sale :).

summer_princess

  • Guest
Re: European Tours Thread 3
« Reply #189 on: October 22, 2012, 10:14:26 pm »
Found a very affordable boots from Payless. Deal breaker is the material: super soft, low heeled & semi slouch, I don't like stiff looking boots. Super cheap at just ph1650!

Aldo has good boots too but pricey for me at 5k up.

I was able to score an Aerosole ankle high, 2in wedge, super comfy as well! Got it for just roughly ph1600. I'm really in Europe mode now LOL.

Hunting for coat now, Surplus shop has an overrun Old Navy coat, good material too. Just lookin on some more options.

melvel

  • Guest
Re: European Tours Thread 3
« Reply #190 on: October 23, 2012, 06:18:13 pm »
I found slouchy boots at Aldo finally.  Meets all my requirements: slouchy, flat/low-heeled and not faux-leather. It's the Kibel style.

Do I need a coat pa if I'm going during the summer?  I do have a leather jacket (which I've worn a grand total of 3 times), so I'm thinking baka pwede na yon?

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: European Tours Thread 3
« Reply #191 on: October 23, 2012, 08:07:24 pm »
^sis, summer doon ka pupunta? You won't be needing your coat or boots. Ang init kaya. Temperatures  sometimes reach 30C mid-noon to 3-5PM. If you're worried of getting cold, just bring a light sweater/cardigan. Also make sure your hotel has a/c as it sometimes gets stifling hot.

melvel

  • Guest
Re: European Tours Thread 3
« Reply #192 on: October 23, 2012, 08:13:55 pm »
^Yup we're going in the summer. I get cold easily so I always bring a jacket wherever i go.

Yung boots naman, i just wanted a non-heavy boot kasi I always travel in boots, no matter what the weather. Weird, I know.

juana_antonia

  • Guest
Re: European Tours Thread 3
« Reply #193 on: October 23, 2012, 08:37:31 pm »
^^I was about to say that.  Summer like July and August? In Italy nga halos nakahubad na yun mga tao during those months. 

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: European Tours Thread 3
« Reply #194 on: October 23, 2012, 09:11:33 pm »
^^Well, whatever floats your boat! That's not weird.  :)

^I know! That's the reason hubby and I don't travel in the summer there. Para lang kaming nasa Pilipinas sa init kakatamad umikot. Plus you get big crowds since school's out.  :P 

foxymom

  • Guest
Re: European Tours Thread 3
« Reply #195 on: October 24, 2012, 08:40:50 am »
@melvel: no need for coat. a light cardigan will do :)

melvel

  • Guest
Re: European Tours Thread 3
« Reply #196 on: October 24, 2012, 07:39:46 pm »
Thanks everyone!  I won't bring a coat na, maybe just a couple of scarves na lang and a light jacket.

Our trip planning is going well but we haven't found a place in Paris that we liked yet.  Yun na lang talaga ang major expense na not yet settled.

riksy07

  • Guest
Re: European Tours Thread 3
« Reply #197 on: October 24, 2012, 10:06:51 pm »
@juana_antonia, @mama squeak!, @melodymedley

Thanks for the reply sisses. Nadala lang siguro ako sa cute na Uggish booties na nakita ko sa Payless. :) As for the umbrella, I found one sa Marks and Spencer na super small. I read here somewhere about the M&S umbrella and it sure was very lightweight and small. From what I remember, the thin long-ish one costs Php795 while the round-ish, stouter one (shorter naman) costs Php900+, I forgot the exact amount. Ang gaganda rin ng coats sa M&S. Kaso lang waaay out of budget.  :(

summer_princess

Wow sis, you bought na the Payless boots. I was looking at them palang, haven't really tried them on when I passed by their Glorietta shop. I also checked the Surplus Shop for coats. I'm just not sure if what I found was an Old Navy overrun (what I found costs around Php1,500).

summer_princess

  • Guest
Re: European Tours Thread 3
« Reply #198 on: October 24, 2012, 11:13:02 pm »
Hows winter kaya in Paris? Doable pa kaya ang sight seeing?

I don't really mind the cold weather, yun Lang I read somewhere that some shops closes early in December. Is this true?

I've experienced winter from the windy city-Chicago and it's not good.

People won't go out as its very dangerous, slippery snow..

Ganito rin ba sa Paris?

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: European Tours Thread 3
« Reply #199 on: October 25, 2012, 08:42:47 am »
^Visiting Paris or any city in Europe in winter is a trade off. You get the city all to yourself, no big crowds. Prices of hotels and air fares are cheaper. You have the wonderful Christmas markets! Love the mulled wine, it's a hot and spicy wine usually served during Christmas markets. They're called le vin chaud in French or der Glühwein in German. Plus you get to experience all the Christmas displays and lights. You have to take a stroll along the Champs-Élysées and end up at the Tour Eiffel. This would be the best time to visit museums since it is so cold outside.

The downside, it's going to be cold and wet. Some stores/attractions/restaurants will close early or some will not even open depending on the prevailing weather. And of course, days are shorter. You get light starting at 8:30 to 9AM and gets dark around 5PM. You essentially have only 8 hours of daylight.

Be sure to wear rubber soled boots or shoes, better the boots for extra warmth and it will keep your feet dry. Plus a thick coat, nice warm scarf, hat and gloves and you're ready to go!

 :) 

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close