Author Topic: Event Stylist II  (Read 247663 times)

soontobemrsmacho

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #560 on: February 25, 2015, 11:06:48 pm »
^thanks sa advice sis! I will really try to take my time talaga and scout others. My tendency in life kasi is to get everything done FAST eh. sad but true.  :-[ I don't take the time to think things though sometimes! Keep us updated naman once you book na sis, I'm curious who you'll be getting after all that.  :)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #561 on: February 26, 2015, 12:26:41 am »
^Sure sis, i  will. But give me around a month more, hehe. Styling to me is too important to rush booking. I have rushed booking other things din naman sis, such as our tent (Forsc Ink) and invitations (Annasthetic Designs) but only because i was already about 95% convinced they were the best choice for us after doing my research and considering how they fit our requirement. :) Hindi lang talaga ako yung type of bride na papasok sa bridal fair, ma-eentice ng super daming freebies and super big discounts tas book agad ng supplier I've never heard of... no, especially if the supplier is not reputable/ well-known for good output in the wedding industry. I'll just get the flyer and look at it later, hehe. But I never impulse-book kahit 80% off pa yun. Actually after every fair, I throw out nearly 70% of the flyers I got, pag feel ko wala nang chance that i'll consider them :))

 Just let me know if you need help sis, maybe i can help you out naman. :) I have contacted many suppliers for each item naman. For styling, i think at least a dozen options.

soontobemrsmacho

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #562 on: February 26, 2015, 06:09:50 am »
^Sure sis, i  will. But give me around a month more, hehe. Styling to me is too important to rush booking. I have rushed booking other things din naman sis, such as our tent (Forsc Ink) and invitations (Annasthetic Designs) but only because i was already about 95% convinced they were the best choice for us after doing my research and considering how they fit our requirement. :) Hindi lang talaga ako yung type of bride na papasok sa bridal fair, ma-eentice ng super daming freebies and super big discounts tas book agad ng supplier I've never heard of... no, especially if the supplier is not reputable/ well-known for good output in the wedding industry. I'll just get the flyer and look at it later, hehe. But I never impulse-book kahit 80% off pa yun. Actually after every fair, I throw out nearly 70% of the flyers I got, pag feel ko wala nang chance that i'll consider them :))

 Just let me know if you need help sis, maybe i can help you out naman. :) I have contacted many suppliers for each item naman. For styling, i think at least a dozen options.

^ super thanks sis!!! I'm also considering teddy manuel and robert blancaflor if you have any info for them!  :)

I need to take my time talaga with booking suppliers...so far luckily I have no regrets naman with the ones I have booked so far. For the things that really mattered to me I got top tier suppliers, for a lot I'm just going mid-range. :)

Styling definitely has to be a top tier for me.  :)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #563 on: February 26, 2015, 06:50:23 am »
^Be prepared to spend at least 200k i think for the reception styling :) You can also backread this thread, our sisses already provided a lot of information about both of them here.

Ako din i went top tier for very select items lang like venue, coordinator and the rest even photos and video ko mid-range na although mid-range ones that im still very happy with :)

soontobemrsmacho

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #564 on: February 26, 2015, 07:58:29 am »
^my budget sis is 220k max for church and ceremony.  :'( hopefully okay na yun...

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #565 on: February 26, 2015, 11:28:08 am »
^Let me know when you get their quotes :)

soontobemrsmacho

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #566 on: February 27, 2015, 12:59:10 am »
^ will do for sure sis!  :)

czarina1987

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #567 on: February 27, 2015, 11:41:37 am »
i want to get an event stylist din, sana may budget pa :(

iphoneberry

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #568 on: February 27, 2015, 02:45:15 pm »
anyone tried to hire Wedding by TV (weddings by tuesday vargas)? I'm following their instagram account and magaganda siya. Normal quote nila is 25K in manila.. wala pa yung flowers niyan.

czarina1987

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #569 on: February 27, 2015, 05:42:40 pm »
may styling pala sila, akala ko coordination lang, sounds pricey though

simang

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #570 on: February 28, 2015, 12:34:27 am »
sis czarina, kami hindi na kukuha ng stylist. Kami ng sister ko magconceptualize lahat and then DIY na lahat. sa estimate ko gagastos din kami dito ng around 5k for the DIYs and the rental ng gamit. Sana maexecute namin ng mabuti. Hehe. :)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #571 on: February 28, 2015, 05:30:50 am »
I've contacted a total of 19 stylists since December. From there, only three are in my shortlist. Just sharing my experience.

I sent them all an initial email with complete details--- materials needed, along with attached pegs. One of them said they super appreciated how clear I was kasi yung iba daw mageemail e wala pang idea ano ipapagawa or kahit theme manlang. And I wanted a number right away when they replied. Lol.

4 were crossed out for being way overbudget (i give a little leeway naman pero exag overbudget lang quote nila), 4 were crossed out kasi magulo/ malabo / mahirap kausap, tipong magbibigay ng quote for just 3-5 of the dozen items I asked for or pipilitin akong bigyan ng packages na hindi fit sa needs ko. Another 5 I crossed out even if they were within budget and had potential because I have followed up twice, thrice in the last two weeks and have not gotten a response (pet peeve ko to because I don't want a supplier na hindi responsive or yung once a month lang kung magreply). Another 2, I already met with but were not convinced of their styling skills (wala masyado naipakita, or puro improvise ang gusto gawin sa requirements ko tapos panget yung improvised.) The last three I also scheduled for meetings and saw real potential.

The unsurprising thing is, yung mga super popular names na sa W@W and GT sila yung mga hindi nagrereply (Something Pretty, Moki Gray). Or nagsend nga ng quote pero puro kulang, minadali, walang breakdown, at hindi na nagrereply once you clarified something (Stylento, Grass Events, Angel of Hearts). The ones I ended up seeing potential in in terms of output and malinaw kausap are all new names and yung iba province-based pa. :) It's not that wala silang clients, puno rin daw sila pag weekends, pero i think their load can still accommodate me. Hindi ko ipipilit sarili ko sa supplier who doesn't need and have time for an additional client. :)

If you have an outdoor reception as well or planning to source a non-floral stylist, send me a pm. I think these people deserve to be referred. :)


caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #572 on: February 28, 2015, 07:28:49 am »
Grabe sis sparklingjewel, ang tiyaga mo mag-research and to reach out to all of them!  Hope you were finally able to find a stylist for your wedding. :)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #573 on: February 28, 2015, 07:43:01 am »
^Sis caleeice due diligence lang hehe :) I am certainly not the type to spontaneously book random suppliers i have not heard about, even if offered 80% discount! Lol. Madali lang naman mag-inquire, ang mahirap pagtiyagaan yung mga hindi maayos kausap or hindi nagrereply. I give a reasonable amount of time; 2.5 months na almost since I started transacting with them, pag di talaga ok, drop.

By far this is the supplier that has taken me the most time to choose. The rest I usually settle within a month of shortlisting and inquiring. But that's okay, since i did request so much to be done din naman and very specific requirements talaga that these stylists do not normally have yet. :) I have gotten used to doing the same process for each supplier since it's been working naman for me, no regrets on any of my booked suppliers :)

« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 07:48:07 am by sparklingjewel »

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #574 on: February 28, 2015, 12:20:42 pm »
sparklingjewel: I noticed sis, while GT has recommendations that have been SUPER helpful, there are many many good suppliers not usually mentioned here. It is good that you are looking beyond the GT sphere of favorite suppliers.

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #575 on: February 28, 2015, 03:28:34 pm »
^That's true sis! I have a number of suppliers who have not been mentioned here at all, but in fair they are good at what they do. That's why I also follow a number of wedding websites because aside from getting some ideas from the weddings they blog about, I also check out new/upcoming suppliers that are featured in their posts. :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #576 on: February 28, 2015, 03:59:11 pm »
^sis calaeeice, kindly pm the wedding websites you follow! id love to browse through them too! Thank you =)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #577 on: February 28, 2015, 10:02:16 pm »
^Sis Chili1113 that is so true. As mentioned, lahat ng mga stylist "favorites" in my experience actually suck in customer service (which to me is part of what i demand from a supplier, if ever, so fail yun).
I have considered them too as well as those unknown. In the end, it really is the total package that matters. I don't mind booking one who has no reviews compared to one with rave reviews pero personal experience ko naman sa kanila sucks. :p

I feel like whenever I uncover a good unknown supplier parang i found a treasure chest no one knows about. Haha!! Though i do recommend them (those deserving) to other sisses here so they won't be super unknown nadin :)

maukris

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #578 on: March 01, 2015, 10:30:03 am »
^sis pwede mo ba pm sakin name ng mga stylist and there rates in avaialable.
Prenup styling lang sana gusto sis.. Salamat...

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #579 on: March 01, 2015, 02:44:55 pm »
^Sis i can give you the stylists but it would be better if you contact them yourself since i never asked them for their prenup styling rates, and that might be very different. The rates I have are all customized to my garden reception requirements (non-floral, heavy fabrication, heavy on lighting).

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close