Author Topic: Event Stylist II  (Read 247673 times)

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #540 on: February 18, 2015, 11:45:15 pm »
Ahh, ok! I worked with her kasi for my cousin's wedding and she was very flexible -- still not cheap of course, but less expensive than I expected. In any case, good luck with your search! :)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #541 on: February 19, 2015, 03:47:54 am »
^Ah really? Well perhaps i should give her a shot and inquire (I never did). Kaso yun nga i think she is more floral.. the rest of my shortlisted stylists are non-floral stylists, the ones who can deal with some fabrication and more props than flowers. I have na kasi flowers from my florist and caterer at the reception :)

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #542 on: February 20, 2015, 08:09:58 pm »
I had tea with a good friend this afternoon and was sharing my "hunt for a stylist" woes when she told me, "I should have told you... next to your caterer, flowers are the next big expense!"

Lol. If only I knew. :)

Anyway, I had a meeting with Scenta's owners today (Ray and Bing) -- I like them. Gets nila style ko and they don't try to up-sell (yesss!) any of their services. Ray also appears to be very creative: he brought a sketchpad with him and he assured me that he tries not to repeat any of the backdrops he makes for his brides.

They quoted me almost Php 140k (!) for my entourage, ceremony and reception but will try to negotiate and see where we can cut down on the cost. The inclusions were pretty good though, so I'm keeping them on the short list.

My fiance said that he's willing to up the budget for our styling to Php 100k max now but a part of me feels bad that we're spending that much (more than my dress!) on flowers that will die the next day. :(

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #543 on: February 22, 2015, 06:59:59 am »
^reese17 Honestly parang mura ang 140k ha, for ento, church plus reception! I've received quotes of 140-225k for reception only. And im just being real, not just to make you feel better, but ako na non-flowers ang styling, i dont get to keep any of the props anyway after. So same lang as flowers, the next day parang wala na :p Some stylists even admitted to me they will charge me the full cost of what they have to buy to style my wedding even if i dont get to keep the materials after. Yun na daw yung PF nila. Not sure how fair that is but i guess fair enough if they dont charge a separate PF....

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #544 on: February 22, 2015, 09:39:50 am »
^nakapili kana ng stylist mo sis sparklingjewel?  Or still in search pa?

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #545 on: February 22, 2015, 11:59:35 am »
^^Sis sparklingjewel, have you tried Nikki Chatto and Teddy Manuel? Nikki gave me a wild estimate for chandeliers on trees and string bulb lights for around 180k. You may want to check her out since I remember you wanted to have lights and all for your reception? You may also want to meet with Teddy. He's really nice and easy to talk to. :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #546 on: February 22, 2015, 12:29:43 pm »
^sis caleeice, what is the price range of Nikki Chatto for floral styling? Is she in the same price range as Teddy M? She's one of the people I am thinking of meeting with, but her arrangements aren't as elaborate as Teddy and others, but if she's at a a better price range, I will meet her. Thanks so much!!

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #547 on: February 22, 2015, 12:47:15 pm »
Sis, I don't know about Nikki Chatto's rates for floral styling. Sorry. Try to text her, she promptly responded to my messages before :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #548 on: February 22, 2015, 01:20:03 pm »
Thanks sis Caleeice!!

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #549 on: February 22, 2015, 01:56:08 pm »
sparklingjewel, she's definitely more of a florist nga, although her props are nice. I'm not sure what you're planning on props-wise, but would it be cheaper to just have what you need fabricated (like by a production house or a carpenter or whatever) and then asking your florist/caterer to set it up?

I read kasi what you said about pricing and I think it's a little weird -- parang pagkakakitaan ka pa ng stylist? I'm not getting married in the Philippines, but my stylist is sourcing props for me and she isn't charging the full cost of fabrication because she's going to keep everything and add it all to her inventory anyway.

torrea

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #550 on: February 22, 2015, 08:57:58 pm »
Hi, I'm having my wedding at Tagaytay Highlands Feb 2016. We didn't get their in-house stylist Michael Ruiz because I felt like he didn't listen to us and he was too expensive. As in more than what Teddy Manuel quoted me.

In the end we got Serge Igonia but I was thinking of getting another stylist for the props (i.e. Backdrop, wall and ceiling treatments, etc.) has anyone done this before? Any suggestions?

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #551 on: February 22, 2015, 11:37:34 pm »
^Yes sis yung charging the full cost is weird pero i kinda gave in kase wala namang PF yung stylist. Pag may PF i will demand they dont charge me the full cost of bought props.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #552 on: February 24, 2015, 09:17:31 am »
Sisses who among you have inquired or worked with Flowers Unlimited (not Flowers Unlimited Tagaytay---ibang entity yun, cheaper i think)? I have sent them inquiries, fb messages and texts and halos deadma lang sila! I am trying to get a quotation out of them so I can consider them as my stylist kaso ni wala pa ngang quotation deadma na :| Not a good sign of our future working relationship. I'm giving them maybe 1-2 more days to reply else i will probably cross them out na from my list.

Same thing happened with Il Fiore--- super late na nagbigay ng quotation sakin tapos nagfollowup sabi ko, sa sobrang tagal ko nagwait i just booked another florist even before they sent their quotation. Haha. Sobrang impatient ko :)) Well i just think it's part of customer service kasi. If they can't even coordinate with me well, i don't think I should be working with them...

xxIcePrincessxx

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #553 on: February 24, 2015, 11:24:00 am »
^^sis torrea Badang Rueda is also one of the in-house stylist of Highlands. You can check with him, baka he might fit your styling requirements more :). He did Chiz & Heart's gorgeous setup :)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 11:25:40 am by xxIcePrincessxx »

annodam

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #554 on: February 24, 2015, 01:21:43 pm »
Hi, I'm having my wedding at Tagaytay Highlands Feb 2016. We didn't get their in-house stylist Michael Ruiz because I felt like he didn't listen to us and he was too expensive. As in more than what Teddy Manuel quoted me.

In the end we got Serge Igonia but I was thinking of getting another stylist for the props (i.e. Backdrop, wall and ceiling treatments, etc.) has anyone done this before? Any suggestions?

sis torrea, I'm not a tagaytay highland bride, but our venue is in Molino, u can try Manuel Sony Francisco "Tita Sonya", he replies fast on email and agreed to provide the VIP table and backdrop only, centrepieces we availed thru the venue's supplier

happydee

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #555 on: February 25, 2015, 07:55:47 am »
Good morning! Are there some sissies who know how much a reception styling at the beach approx. would cost? Theme would be vintage/shabby chic... no need of too much flowers... I just want to add a little bit of extra deco... Thank you <3

soontobemrsmacho

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #556 on: February 25, 2015, 08:47:14 am »
Hi guys!! <3

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a quote from an event stylist? The meetings were last week pa and up to now there has been no quote! Kinda starting to panic coz im a December bride and the amount they quote me will also determine how much I can spend on small little extras for the wedding.  :o

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #557 on: February 25, 2015, 01:02:00 pm »
^It depends sis, especially if you have very specific requirements (like i do) and i know exactly what materials to ask for. Pag hindi fit sa standard styling packages nila they take longer to make the quotation. I have so many stylists who gave me an initial quote and after I said may kulang pa sila hindi na nagsubit ng bago. Or when i ask for a breakdown of the total cost hindi na magrereply, malamang kasi di nila alam pano hahatiin or they dont want me to see that.

Overall, mga 2.5 months na ako kumakausap ng stylists and until now i have not yet booked any. Still ongoing ang pagmeet ko sa mga shortlisted ones (yung mga maayos kausap, may potential ang styling skills) until March. Weekends lang kasi ako pwede makipagmeet. As long as we can meet at least 3-5 options siguro i won't mind the ones who won't reply anymore (why would i want to work with them anyway diba).  I will probably book by end March. :)

soontobemrsmacho

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #558 on: February 25, 2015, 01:24:52 pm »
^ thanks for the info sis! so far we've only met with 2 naman, si Jo Claravall and Gideon. baka they aren't replying na once I gave them my budget. hehe. Or maybe its too low for them for both reception and ceremony?  ???

Im not too too particular about what kind of flowers are used, but I do want kasi super nice décor!

You're so matiyaga and patient naman!! I'm so impatient. When is you wedding sis?

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #559 on: February 25, 2015, 04:13:53 pm »
My wedding is in December sis. No rush naman for me to book, i always take my time until I feel like I've inquired with enough suppliers to be confident about who to book. :) I have never changed suppliers after booking, which is also a plus in the end. I think 3.5 months will be enough na for me to make a decision on the styling. :) Take your time sis.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close