Author Topic: Event Stylist II  (Read 247832 times)

mamey

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #480 on: January 19, 2015, 01:19:04 pm »
hi sparklingjewel, just to bounce off more ideas; i saw some people use painted bottles on their tables and some driftwood then maybe scatter some fat candles on the driftwood.

we're the same, i also don't want to spend so much on styling. so far, the only thing for decors that i got from a supplier are the string lights with the incandescent bulbs - 5k. the rest i sourced myself and i'm DIY-ing. i bought string led lights on line - 110m in total. at least we get to keep them after the wedding.

we're also recycling our own mason jars - mainly jam and pasta sauce jars (we buy pasta sauce weekly so we accumulate a LOT)

sis where did you buy your string lights? peg ko sana ganto kung kaya :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzL87CnTEROAd0VTRHhjZk8tRVprdE9JWFduMmpPTEZENUdB/view?usp=sharing

Thanks sis

120515

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #481 on: January 19, 2015, 04:26:24 pm »
hi mamey, those do look like the warm white led string lights that i got but based on the photo, they seem to be using around 100 strings at 15-20m each. mine are only 10-m each and they're about S$8/string. i got them from qoo10.sg, the seller is "Finer" :-) it might be more cost-effective if you get a supplier who will allow you to rent them if you need so many.

mamey

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #482 on: January 19, 2015, 05:10:09 pm »
Thanks sis! :) is it okay lang ba to bring them from here to pinas? i check in mo sha sis? hopefully makahanap ako ng supplier ng ganyan or maybe lesser lights but with full ceiling drapes. thanks

z0z

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #483 on: January 19, 2015, 05:21:36 pm »
Sis sparklingjewel, sorry but my comment is not about your spending power. It's just to set the expectation on how he stylists quote nowadays. I think it's more of trend now with weddings, that's why they charge more than they used to.

I agree, most of the props they use are on way or another eh they used na before and we don't have to pay for it as if we bought them, to think we can't take them home. I think the game now for them is more of the law of supply and demand and we are at the losing end.

Maybe you can try what one of our sis here did (fionnaaple) where she provided her AE some of the props they would put on the table as centerpieces.

Anyways, if you have a budget, I'd say go for it. The best deserves the best :)

120515

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #484 on: January 19, 2015, 07:05:29 pm »
yup, mamey, as long as you put them in your check-in baggage, you should be able to bring them home. we have a lot electronic stuff for our wedding decors, which we will be bringing home on our first philippine trip this year :-)

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #485 on: January 19, 2015, 09:28:01 pm »
Has anyone worked with Jo Pafin (Love in Bloom)? Our AE highly recommends her as well as the other supplier we've booked (l/s). Are her rates okay kaya?

artemis26

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #486 on: January 20, 2015, 08:39:52 am »
Meron na bang nakapag-transact with Carla See of See Flowers by Carla? Meron syang booth nun bridal fair sa SMX last Saturday-Sunday. Mukhang ok naman syang kausap, kaso I cant find reviews about her work online.

fionaapple

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #487 on: January 20, 2015, 10:01:35 am »
...I think it's more of trend now with weddings, that's why they charge more than they used to.

I agree, most of the props they use are on way or another eh they used na before and we don't have to pay for it as if we bought them, to think we can't take them home. I think the game now for them is more of the law of supply and demand and we are at the losing end.

Maybe you can try what one of our sis here did (fionnaaple) where she provided her AE some of the props they would put on the table as centerpieces.

Anyways, if you have a budget, I'd say go for it. The best deserves the best :)

Yes, sis. these were my realizations about event stylists when I was planning our wedding. Many wedding industry "service providers" have the audacity to ask for exorbitant fees for their services because those who have the budget are willing to pay at least a hundred grand for the decors alone. My husband and I were not exactly on a tight budget but we could not imagine ourselves spending 100k (or more) just to make the reception venue look great in the photos, so we chose not to hire a stylist anymore.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 10:02:32 am by fionaapple »

trissy0906

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #488 on: January 20, 2015, 02:42:48 pm »
Sisses,

any feedback on Dave Sandoval? :) I love his style and i'm thinking of booking him..

vitug.annie

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #489 on: January 20, 2015, 04:28:07 pm »
Yes, sis. these were my realizations about event stylists when I was planning our wedding. Many wedding industry "service providers" have the audacity to ask for exorbitant fees for their services because those who have the budget are willing to pay at least a hundred grand for the decors alone. My husband and I was not exactly on a tight budget but we could not imagine ourselves spending 100k (or more) just to make the reception venue look great in the photos, so we chose not to hire a stylist anymore.

^same here sis fionaapple, I'd rather spend on good food siguro-- add more food on our menu, add more buffets, salad bars, sushi bar, cheese boards, cocktails, anything na maeenjoy ng guests ko.. I can spend that amount too sa styling IF I WANT but I won't.. apparently.  :-\ ---that's me though, peace. :)

sis fionaapple, nacurious ako sa ice cream supplier mo.. PM mo naman sakin.. :)

120515

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #490 on: January 20, 2015, 04:43:44 pm »
we'll also have individual cakes on each table in our wedding colors, which will serve as table number holder, table decor, and additional dessert all in one ^_^

subzero

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #491 on: January 20, 2015, 08:36:07 pm »
Sis jj is so nice and very stress free. Once lang kame nagmeet, through facebook lang kame naguusap.

And the day of my wedding, my problem who will pick up my cake- and he volunteered para daw hindi ako mastress. He told me that we have sis here na naginquire na sa kanya.

Highly recommended siya sis. You do nkt need to break your bank- 100k up for a very wonderful setup even our bouquets are so perfect.

Tell him that you are referred by rea.

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #492 on: January 21, 2015, 11:17:39 pm »
^ echoing the same sentiments re expensive styling. I can't believe that most of the stylists I've asked are quoting me 100k++! Note that my pegs aren't complicated (I just want a lot of tea lights and local roses) and I didn't even think of inquiring with the big names like Vatel or Ernest. :o

I mean, I love flowers and I want the venue to look good but when I think about spending x amount for a day... And it's just flowers, nanghihinayang ako. Still on the hunt for a mid-range stylist! Really hope I find one.

subzero

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #493 on: January 22, 2015, 10:36:59 am »
hi sisses,

I want to share and I am proud of my stylist -- he deserves my commendation and to promote him - because he is so pleasant and very professional.

I must say pwede kong ipanlaban yung set up ng reception ko sa manila.


https://www.facebook.com/pages/MY-GREEN-AFFAIR/184510908268040?fref=ts

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #494 on: January 22, 2015, 11:27:41 am »
Hi subzero, My Green Affair has nice setups! I wonder if they can do other styles aside from rustic garden or shabby chic?

mamey

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #495 on: January 22, 2015, 12:23:02 pm »
hi sisses,

I want to share and I am proud of my stylist -- he deserves my commendation and to promote him - because he is so pleasant and very professional.

I must say pwede kong ipanlaban yung set up ng reception ko sa manila.


https://www.facebook.com/pages/MY-GREEN-AFFAIR/184510908268040?fref=ts

Hi sis ang nice nga. my motif is garden din but not rustic. May I ask how much ang range nila? I'm thinking of DIYs pero my option din is to find affordable stylist nalang dahil minimal lang naman gusto ko na style. thanks sis.

subzero

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #496 on: January 22, 2015, 09:40:37 pm »
hi sis, you can contact him directly. a very satisfied bride here - kaya i want to share to all of you my stress-free event stylist.

naisip ko rin magDIY pero its very time consuming and if its minimal and affordable better give it to professional na lang, to make our time more efficiently and effectively.

he has numbers of events na rin, and posted naman sa Facebook niya, i just send him pinterest / photos then he surprised me on the day of our wedding.

he is from bataan - but he's been working na rin with Ycoy of La Belle Fete Weddings (from Bataan,too)


mamey

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #497 on: January 23, 2015, 07:53:04 am »
Malayo pala sha sis sa laguna wedding ko ehh..

120515

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #498 on: February 01, 2015, 08:29:08 am »
to everyone looking for string lights, i just saw the photos of bea soriano's wedding on bride and breakfast and they used string lights. you guys might want to check out jo claravall (the stylist) to see whether you can rent her string lights :-)

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #499 on: February 03, 2015, 02:54:52 pm »
I've met with 2 florists/stylists already!

Jo Pafin of Love in Blooms - She's good and has an extensive portfolio but I'm not sure our personalities "jive" well together. She questioned my decision not to have flower girls and when I mentioned that I was hesitant to spend on full drapes because of our budget, she told me "kaya mo yan! Para maganda wedding mo!" Hmm. Also, it appears that any amount below Php 100k is not worth her while so she's off the list.

April Samson of Giodino de Manila - They don't have a huge online presence yet but April is classy and I like that she didn't try to up-sell herself. Her couples backdrop and table centerpieces look nice naman and she said she could work with my budget. Looks promising.

On the "Have yet to meet" list:

Abhie Tan of Natural Art - She sent me a proposal with sketches of the tables, arch and backdrop. I was impressed. Still waiting for her to reply as I made some modifications to my initial request. She takes a while to respond to emails. (Turnaround time is 1.5-2 weeks)

Scenta Flora - Met them at the PICC bridal fair but didn't have time to chat. Sent them an email a week ago, no reply yet.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close