Author Topic: Event Stylist II  (Read 247839 times)

vhanya

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #460 on: January 11, 2015, 08:29:45 pm »
I like Robert Blancaflor's setup :) the one by Joyce looks very wintery

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #461 on: January 11, 2015, 10:59:27 pm »
Thanks sis Vhanya for your sharing your opinion :) Actually that's also my personal choice but my mom said joyce's setup more lush and sulit esp most people arent aware of the difference between different flower types.

vhanya

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #462 on: January 12, 2015, 01:22:42 pm »
I have hybrid flowers din on my wedding and our guests were more appreciative of them compared to the normal roses. Trust me it pays better to have a lil unique look for your event styling.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #463 on: January 12, 2015, 01:53:14 pm »
^Thank you sis Vhanya!! That's very good advice and something really worth considering. How soon did you book your stylist? My wedding is still in 2016 but I am worried the prices might go up kasi.

vhanya

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #464 on: January 12, 2015, 02:59:11 pm »
I booked mine really early. More than a year before my wedding :) If you already know the look that you want for your reception, go ahead and book na.

It gets complicated if you keep changing your mind though :) Im very lucky coz I've always known what I wanted from the start.

I didn't like the high topiaries for the table setup coz I wanted my guests to be able to see each other and talk to each other without disruptions haha!

Mine was done by Henry Pascual. It had a modem whimsical look.

http://brideandbreakfast.ph/2014/05/13/strokes-of-sophistication/

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #465 on: January 14, 2015, 09:03:03 pm »
Still having so much trouble finding a eception stylist for our outdoor garden reception :( Hindi kasi typical stylist na puro flowers ang gusto naming setup, we want a lot of props na wooden and rustic. So the stylist we're looking for is more of one who can provide or make the props. I've come across about five but none of them are too affordable. I feel like they don't yet have the props so they budgeted to make them. Given this it would be wiser for us to look for someone who has a lot of existing props already so the rate will be more of a rental fee.

Can anyone suggest suppliers? Thanks!

clueless_bride

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #466 on: January 15, 2015, 07:08:16 pm »
sis try chasing dreams... may FB sila...
gumagawa sila ng mga props..  ;)

Still having so much trouble finding a eception stylist for our outdoor garden reception :( Hindi kasi typical stylist na puro flowers ang gusto naming setup, we want a lot of props na wooden and rustic. So the stylist we're looking for is more of one who can provide or make the props. I've come across about five but none of them are too affordable. I feel like they don't yet have the props so they budgeted to make them. Given this it would be wiser for us to look for someone who has a lot of existing props already so the rate will be more of a rental fee.

Can anyone suggest suppliers? Thanks!

kisses1417

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #467 on: January 15, 2015, 07:58:35 pm »
Very nice @vhanya! Me too i dont like high topiaries even for the principal sponsors ayoko din. Though usuallly yun ang inooffer ng ibang stylists kasi it looks bongga but for me, may elegance din talaga pag low lang yung mga flowers, props and luminaries 😊

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #468 on: January 15, 2015, 08:58:50 pm »
Me naman I like a combination of tall and low arrangements. But I don't also like topiaries since it is so common and Robert Blancaflor did that already for my 1st wedding. But it seems like I will go back to Robert to do my styling since his modern, straightforward and elegant styling is very "me." I will also check Badang Rueda out. I was tempted with Joyce Aguilar since her proposal had the most number of flowers included, although she proposed topiaries.

vhanya

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #469 on: January 16, 2015, 12:21:45 am »
^I get you. My "tall" arrangements were the phanaelopsis orchids. That's it. But it's included in the modern look that I was going for.

^Did Robert have a mockup for your first wedding? I would advice on it so you can see the "look" and make adjustments.

The one by Joyce Aguilar was really too much for me. I get people who want that really "bongga" look but it's not me. I think we like the same "look" =)


kisses1417

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #470 on: January 16, 2015, 07:41:28 am »
^Badang Rueda is really good. Generous sya sa flowers, maganda arrangement nyalalo sa principal sponsors, my sister's florist and stylist is badang.  Though mataas na rates nya i think, lalo na he's doing Heart's wedding in balesin.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #471 on: January 16, 2015, 12:46:09 pm »
Sis clueless_bride thanks for the suggestion, i looked at their fb page kaso wala silang katulad na execution sa hinahanap ko :(

Masabi ko lang, super tagal sumagot ng mga florist/ stylist these days ha! kaloka. There are some I contacted back in November until now no reply, not even seenzoned. I guess they dont need more business. Looks like it's going to take me about two more months before we can actually decide who to book, bagal pumasok ng quotations and Im not happy yet with those I already have.

Any more suggestions for rustic garden reception stylist? I already contacted Giordino de Manila, SMP, Moki Gray (lahat halos no reply since Nov 2014)...ayoko din ng stylist na ilang decade bago sumagot, it only means hassle sila sa wedding preps ko esp when I need them na. I also prefer Laguna/ Cavite based stylists para no OOT fee, im already predicting these Manila stylists will charge at least 10-20k to bring in the props.


TIA!



sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #472 on: January 17, 2015, 05:41:16 am »
Received quotations already from Made by Lai, Party Marathon.. parang lahat super overpriced :|
I didn't ask for that many items naman pero nearly 100k ang quote sakin... perhaps because they dont have some of those yet and gagawa/ bibili pa sila instead of just letting me borrow. In any case, parang im not willing to shell out that much for few items :(

Is it just me or mahal talaga ang themed (rustic ako) weddings? I was under the impression mas mahal if the setup uses mainly flowers, since December wedding ako and flowers are expensive then. I guess i was wrong. Maybe il ask the stylists how much if haluan ng flowers. haha

z0z

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #473 on: January 17, 2015, 04:40:22 pm »
^^^
Sis, that is not expensive at all.

The quotations I got, pinakamura na yung 100k, and it's for 100 guests only.

120515

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #474 on: January 17, 2015, 04:50:18 pm »
^ i don't think a rustic-themed wedding should be expensive. the theme itself uses recycled and upcycled decor. my theme is also rustic and what i'm doing is bringing in a lot of warm lights to the venue, hanging mason jars, and tissue paper pom poms in my wedding colors. there will be books and more mason jars on the tables. i have also prepared chalkboard signs and props. the guests will also have their own mason jars, which they can write their names on, which will serve as their glasses, and which will be their souvenir ^

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #475 on: January 18, 2015, 12:49:23 am »
^Parang iba kasi ang laro ng themed reception styling sa classic, floral-based styling ng mga likes of Badang, Zenas, Dave, Gideon, Joyce, Michael, etc eh. I dont think its comparable. Parang sa mga rustic setup, hindi naman talaga dapat umabot ng ganun except if they bought all the materials for your event... yung rustic pa namin halos wala namang flowers, just props really. Ugh. I have the budget, i just dont know if im willing to spend that much on something thats just aesthetics.

^^Sis 120515 actually exactly what i was expecting, na if they have like at least half the materials already and recycle it lang it shouldnt be too expensive, lalo na minimal flowers naman and the props are soo simple lang naman. Haay! Istress! Haha thanks for the ideas sis!

clueless_bride

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #476 on: January 18, 2015, 04:57:46 pm »
sis @sparklingjewel you can also try Something Pretty Manila. prang nakita ko sa page nila puro mga rustic & shabby chic themes...   ???

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #477 on: January 18, 2015, 06:02:23 pm »
^SMP's already crafting (actually, revising) their quote for me sis.. they replied na although super tagal na since I emailed! Had to post on their ig just for them to notice my email, hay nako.

Anyway, i dont think they understood my requirements exactly, so i sent them more pics of my venue and pegs so they can revise. Initial quotation kasi nila super kulang. Haha. I hope they reply soon so i can compare side by side with all the others.

Although honestly, im hesitant to book Something Pretty Manila and Moki Gray, too overexposed na kasi, so many people already getting them and customer service is really bad. There are negative reviews in W@W as well (that they dont remember what was discussed in the detailing and such---kasi too many clients). Im hoping and praying to get about 5 or more stylists before i compare, di pwedeng sila lang.

120515

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #478 on: January 18, 2015, 07:36:15 pm »
hi sparklingjewel, just to bounce off more ideas; i saw some people use painted bottles on their tables and some driftwood then maybe scatter some fat candles on the driftwood.

we're the same, i also don't want to spend so much on styling. so far, the only thing for decors that i got from a supplier are the string lights with the incandescent bulbs - 5k. the rest i sourced myself and i'm DIY-ing. i bought string led lights on line - 110m in total. at least we get to keep them after the wedding.

we're also recycling our own mason jars - mainly jam and pasta sauce jars (we buy pasta sauce weekly so we accumulate a LOT)

subzero

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #479 on: January 19, 2015, 01:27:15 am »
super happy bride here!!! i am so happy with my reception set up! mygreenaffairs
https://www.facebook.com/184510908268040/photos/a.353540774698385.96690.184510908268040/882960658423058/?type=1&theater

Wala pang ilaw yan. JJ is so nice, please tell him you are referred by Rea =)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close