Author Topic: Event Stylist II  (Read 247999 times)

mary_anne26

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #360 on: July 08, 2014, 07:12:18 am »
Hi foxy which one did you make??? I admire you for the extra effort of styling your own wedding....Thats what we also did in our wedding. Nice one

foxy04

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #361 on: July 08, 2014, 11:22:20 am »
Hi mary_anne26. Those are list of event stylist. The photos are not mine I just handpicked it from their website  ;)

I might try doing DIY details on my wedding. I'll share divisoria finds on my next blog post.

Are you doing DIY din?

yummieyomi

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #362 on: July 10, 2014, 02:16:00 pm »
Finally, I was able to meet Teddy Manuel. He's nice! Actually, during our meeting tawa lang kame ng tawa. I'm just a bit shocked when he emailed na his quotation for the styling of our church and entourage. It cost us for almost 100k! What more kung kasama pati reception styling?! oh well.. haay.. the price of getting married! Si h2b kasi ang daming pinalagay sa church. But I didn't know na aabot ng ganun yung cost.

sasa_1126

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #363 on: July 11, 2014, 01:38:37 am »
Hi :) Do you have any feedback on Manuel Sonny Francisco. Saw his works on bride and breakfast kasi, mukhang maganda. Met him once and super ok naman kausap.Di pa lang ako set to get him for florist/event stylist. thanks :)

clairetez

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #364 on: July 22, 2014, 08:52:58 pm »
Hello mga sis, any review po for Mr.Hardinero?
Oks po ba sila?

subzero

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #365 on: August 26, 2014, 09:43:26 pm »
Mine is from bataan. My green affair, you can check his works. Nagagawa rin siya sa manila at vert affordable. Please tell na refer kayo ni rea reyes. :)


Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #366 on: August 27, 2014, 01:21:45 am »
thank u for all the ideas and recommendations!!

z0z

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #367 on: August 28, 2014, 02:03:19 am »

First, thank you all, been lurking for a while and I must say, you all are very helpful.

Here are my experiences so far with inquiring:

Henry Pascual:I tried emailing Henry Pascual on both email addresses posted on his website but they are just dedma. As in it has been 2 months.

Gideon Hermosa: Replied fast, but won't really accept inquiry unless the event is a year or less

Something Pretty: Replies fast and very friendly. I was about to impulse book but when I checked their weddings, I got the feeling of they all look the same. They are good though if you're going for the rustic look (very DIY feeling). Price is very reasonable though.

Ceasar Pascual: Very prompt in replying, I have yet to receive a proposal for a package. Price can be reasonable to bongga depending on the flowers and theme. I stalked his works, he's a really good florist.

Teddy Manuel: Same with Henry, dedma.

Eve and Company: Same with Teddy and Henry, dedma

Michael Ruiz: prompt with replying but quite expensive for me. He's good though.

This is all for now, I'll give an update once I get replies or if I find another stylist.

foxy04

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #368 on: August 28, 2014, 11:50:19 am »
Hi! I would like to get some advice lang. I wanted the venue to be more personalized and I'm planning to do some DIY. Did anyone experience here doing some DIY and endorsed it to their event stylist.

Need some advice  :)

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #369 on: August 28, 2014, 12:39:55 pm »
Sharing some of my experiences as well:

Chasing Dreams: Prompt replies and easy to talk to. I also like that their services are priced separately. You can easily choose and pay for what you want. The only thing that held me back from booking their services is that they wanted to charge me for out of town fee. Di naman talaga out of town venue namin. None of our suppliers charged OOT fee. Might still get some items from them though :)

Something Pretty: Prompt replies. Pero as previously mentioned here, medyo same look sila for their events. Further, our theme is not rustic, so decided not to book their services.

Nikki Chatto: When I sent a text message to ask for her rates, she promptly responded and asked if I had a theme or pegs so she can give a better estimate. After I replied, Nikki also responded and gave me her ideas and sent an estimate. Mukha naman madali sya kausap. Haven't met her though :)

Henry Pascual: When we asked for their rates or packages in one bridal fair, the person manning their booth arrogantly told us: Our rates start at 100k up. Di ako sure if pwede pang mababaan un. (Ang arrogant talaga ng pagkasabi) We did not even ask for a discount. We just simply asked "May we ask for a copy of your rates or packages for event styling for a wedding". I haven't met Henry Pascual personally, pero we are never going to book him because of that incident. Don't want to deal with suppliers (or their personnel) with attitude.

The hunt for event stylist continues... :)

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #370 on: August 28, 2014, 02:40:03 pm »
^Will PM you. :)

z0z

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #371 on: August 28, 2014, 03:22:54 pm »
^^^^^

I totally agree with you girls! and to think lots of money is involved.

I also find it funny na once they have worked on a celebrity, their prices triple right away.

chizzyness

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #372 on: August 29, 2014, 08:14:47 am »
^oh that is so true sis! once may celebrity na nagbook sa kanila, suddenly the prices are sky rocketing. an event stylist asked us how much is our budget and it's not that low, but they said it's not the usual price they charge.. sabi ko sa sarili ko, budget nga yun eh.. can't you work around that budget? and gusto ko na rin i-reply yan din ba charge niyo nung wala kayong celebrity clients? haha... and lastly, ang pagreply nila super tagal! too long to kwento here.

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #373 on: August 29, 2014, 10:14:40 am »
You could try Zenas Pineda -- I worked with her for a cousin's wedding and her reception flowers were very elegant.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 11:53:26 pm by sevenstars »

coffee_art01

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #374 on: September 01, 2014, 05:21:49 pm »
Ako mga sis i'm eyeing Made by Lai. got there rate kaya lang I was not able to talk to her yet. Yung mga details. Wala pa din sya masyadong portfolio.

sourgrapes244

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #375 on: September 01, 2014, 09:17:27 pm »
We were supposed to book Something pretty, they quoted me 83k for the ceremony and reception stylings. Hindi naman nila ako binigla sa price kasi sinabi naman nila sakin na below 50k hindi kayang makuha mga gusto naming mangyari ng fiance ko. Dumating kami sa point na nagbigay sya ng option na kahit yung sa ibang part ng reception eh caterer na lang bahala basta magfocus sila sa table setups and backdrops sa reception. Si Florist Gids gusto ng fiance ko dahil sa Kris TV, nagandahan din ako pero namahalan kami pareho when we received the quotations. We want a travel wedding theme kasi, marami kaming gustong gawin.

chizzyness

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #376 on: September 02, 2014, 11:16:57 am »
^i think okay na rin yung 83k sis. sa iba kasi 80k reception pa lang! pero kung gusto mong mabawasan yung price, why not yung mga malaking props or super important details na lang ang kunin mo sa kanila? the rest, i-diy mo na lang. or simplehan mo lang yung design sa ceremony since mas mag-stay ng matagal yung guests sa reception area para ma-achieve mo pa rin yung gusto niyo :)

z0z

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #377 on: September 06, 2014, 01:18:45 am »
I inquired with Dave Sandoval, he was very pleasant, funny kausap.

His quotation was almost the same as Michael Ruiz, so hard to haggle kasi my wedding is a week before valentines, double daw prices ng flowers :(

I might book him, reception styling is 159k for 100 pax.

Sa tingin nyo? Exxage ba?

chizzyness

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #378 on: September 06, 2014, 07:09:02 am »
^medyo mahal yan for 100pax lang sis z0z. Try mo inquire Moki Gray Designs ang alam ko kasi before pang reception styling lang talaga siya. for sure nagtaas na rin siya ng rates pero wala sa 100k yung complete package niya last year.

fionaapple

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #379 on: September 06, 2014, 08:06:59 am »
^ yup. For me 159k is too much for styling lang. Pero nasa sayo yan kunggano ba kaimportante sayo ang styling. Pero for me, hindi siya necessity.

For other couples, 159k buong budget na nila yun.:) on my part, i dont want to get too carried away with all of the pomp and expense being offered for sale by all the wedding industry suppliers.

It's not just about the money for me. We can afford a reception stylist but i chose not to hire one. I felt that such an expense is not necessary to have a decent, modest wedding. And that is all i want for my wedding. Kasi i want my wedding to reflect who i am as a person.
 
Again, it's your preference pa rin. Tsaka ang bride lang naman ang nakakaalam how she wants her wedding to look and feel like.:) mas maganda naman talaga ang reception kung may stylist, kasi makukuha mo tlaga ang look na gusto mo.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close