watch now

Author Topic: Coffee Lovers (THREAD 2)  (Read 64600 times)

artificialstar

  • Guest
Re: Coffee Lovers (THREAD 2)
« Reply #120 on: November 03, 2014, 02:27:47 pm »
It's not bitter naman sis without sugar? I can do without the cream, but not without a little sugar. I always add a teaspoon or two to mine, but then again I've always had dark roast, so it's really strong for me without sugar/syrup. I love Starbucks' vanilla syrup btw.  :D

D4thAngel

  • Guest
Re: Coffee Lovers (THREAD 2)
« Reply #121 on: November 03, 2014, 04:03:28 pm »
Coffee lover here as well. I bought my own coffee machine, kaya I can stay away from Starbucks. Barako beans ang gamit ko, kahit pa nasa mild lang ang setting ng coffee, ang rich rich pa din . Sa instant, I like Nescafe and lately nasarapan ako sa Kopiko café blanca. There is this brand named Nova at SnR, kaso it has been out of stock for months na. Anyone here familiar with the brand? baka po may alam pa kayo mabibilhan.

Lady Blue

  • Guest
Re: Coffee Lovers (THREAD 2)
« Reply #122 on: November 03, 2014, 11:25:59 pm »
^ Uyy ako din barako fave ko :D My everyday fix. And I'm so lucky kasi I live in Lipa City. Very common ang barako beans here kaya mura. Pero I treat myself to other varieties once in a while.

^^ Sis artificialstar, nope, hindi sya bitter for me. O sanay lang siguro ako ng walang sugar. I love dark roast as well.  Syempre kanya kanya naman tayo ng preference eh. :)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 11:33:23 pm by Lady Blue »

artificialstar

  • Guest
Re: Coffee Lovers (THREAD 2)
« Reply #123 on: November 04, 2014, 10:38:57 am »
Masarap naman yung beans ng cafe de lipa but it triggers my rhinitis, dunno why  :'(

^ copy sis. I'll give it a try para maiba naman coz I haven't tried medium roast. But have you tried Verona? How different are their taste? :)

Lady Blue

  • Guest
Re: Coffee Lovers (THREAD 2)
« Reply #124 on: November 04, 2014, 08:36:34 pm »
^ Ethiopia is on the milder side compared to Verona, pero I love it kasi it tastes a bit like dark chocolate :D Yung dark chocolate na 90% cocoa ha, mapait pero masarap :D

insanelypurpleprincess

  • Guest
Re: Coffee Lovers (THREAD 2)
« Reply #125 on: November 04, 2014, 08:47:58 pm »
We finally have a Nespresso for home use so it's something that will keep me and my brother in the house... until we finally get sawa with it!

D4thAngel

  • Guest
Re: Coffee Lovers (THREAD 2)
« Reply #126 on: November 04, 2014, 08:58:09 pm »
Wow sis Lady Blue, nainggit naman ako at mura dyan. Nasa magkano per kilo kaya?

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: Coffee Lovers (THREAD 2)
« Reply #127 on: November 16, 2014, 06:30:01 pm »
My latest coffee bean addiction:

Caribou French Roast
Joe Coffee (Tall, Dark and Handsome)
Peet's Coffee (Major Dickason's Blend)

All beans are dark roast because I prefer strong coffee plus I only use a French press since I get to control the flavor and strength of my brew.

Then my default coffee pag naubos na hoard ko is our own barako coffee. Last I bought it was Php350/kg from our suki in Tagaytay. Cheaper daw if bought from the palengke mismo.

D4thAngel

  • Guest
Re: Coffee Lovers (THREAD 2)
« Reply #128 on: November 16, 2014, 10:34:11 pm »
Aww, super mura sis. Dito 500grams lang yang P350 na yan, Gourmet Farms yata yung huling nabili ko. Hopefully pag nakapunta sa Tagaytay mahanap ko yan.


artificialstar

  • Guest
Re: Coffee Lovers (THREAD 2)
« Reply #129 on: November 17, 2014, 01:19:31 pm »
^^ Sis, where did you get Peet's coffee?  ;D

I tried Starbucks Pike Place. Masarap sya -- the only coffee so far that I can drink black, medyo nutty sya. Will try naman Ethiopia next. BTW, masarap din yung Ethiopian coffee ng Blue Notes. It's fascinating how coffee originated from Ethiopia, makes me wanna visit Africa. Hehe.

The last time I brewed barako with a bit of brown sugar, yung officemate ko nagcomment na parang Nescafe instant coffee daw lasa. :o So I think that's a compliment to Nescafe? Or am I not brewing it right? Also my dad usually drinks Nescafe instant. He complains when I give him brewed coffee from Starbucks, but when I brewed barako, he liked it and asked for 1 more cup. LOL.

^ Sis, ano pong coffee machine ang gamit mo?

D4thAngel

  • Guest
Re: Coffee Lovers (THREAD 2)
« Reply #130 on: November 17, 2014, 02:28:07 pm »
I am using Delonghi, sis. For me kasi tapangan ko lang ng konti yung Nescafe ko with less sugar pa, parang mildly brewed barako na din, hehe.


mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: Coffee Lovers (THREAD 2)
« Reply #131 on: November 17, 2014, 05:36:05 pm »
^^sis, I get them in the states. I hoard lang naman every time I go visit family there.  ;D

u8mypinkcookies

  • Guest
Re: Coffee Lovers (THREAD 2)
« Reply #132 on: November 18, 2014, 08:07:20 pm »
loving kopiko cafe blanca right now :D alternate sila ng kopiccino for brekky!

artificialstar

  • Guest
Re: Coffee Lovers (THREAD 2)
« Reply #133 on: November 19, 2014, 01:05:06 pm »
^^ ooh, okay sis. i thought may retailer dito hehe.

i'm now thinking of buying green coffee beans and roasting them myself.  :D sissies, do you know of any shop here that sells green coffee beans? yung alam ko lang kase is from sweetmarias.

fredprinz

  • Guest
Re: Coffee Lovers (THREAD 2)
« Reply #134 on: November 19, 2014, 02:02:26 pm »
Can anybody tell me the difference of the coffee selection that Starbucks Reserve have over their usual shops?

quennna

  • Guest
Re: Coffee Lovers (THREAD 2)
« Reply #135 on: November 19, 2014, 05:09:08 pm »
coffee drinker here too..
i drink at 6 cups a day .... kaya sa gabi dilat na dilat :((

10tequilashots

  • Guest
Re: Coffee Lovers (THREAD 2)
« Reply #136 on: November 22, 2014, 04:55:12 pm »
hi,

Can anyone recommend a good espresso machine? I'm open to buying kahit mid to high-end basta worth it. :)

Lady Blue

  • Guest
Re: Coffee Lovers (THREAD 2)
« Reply #137 on: November 23, 2014, 02:23:25 pm »
Sorry sis D4thAngel for very late reply...

Barako beans here in Lipa City market is P190 per kilo.

iwannabeasupermodel

  • Guest
Re: Coffee Lovers (THREAD 2)
« Reply #138 on: November 23, 2014, 02:27:45 pm »
coffee drinker here too..
i drink at 6 cups a day .... kaya sa gabi dilat na dilat :((

Wow sis kalako max na dpat ang  3cups a day. Maybe i should push for 6 then haha!

I love Department of Coffee. ;)

Kristalle

  • Guest
Re: Coffee Lovers (THREAD 2)
« Reply #139 on: November 23, 2014, 03:41:10 pm »
hi,

Can anyone recommend a good espresso machine? I'm open to buying kahit mid to high-end basta worth it. :)

i recommend Cafe Bustelo if you're into espresso coffee (note: not machine ha, just the coffee). sa totoo lang, i don't think one needs a high end one, only good coffee. delonghi is a good brand btw.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 03:43:18 pm by Kristalle »

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close