Author Topic: Groom's suit  (Read 203916 times)

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: Groom's suit
« Reply #440 on: July 06, 2015, 10:53:26 am »
How long before dapat magpagawa ng suit? 10 months pa wedding namin pero excited si h2b haha. Takot lang ako kasi ang laki ng pinayat niya over the past year (20+ lbs), di ko alam kung papayat pa siya or (wag naman sana!) bumalik sa dating size niya.

It depends on who will make your suit at gaano kadami ang gagawin nila.  There are some who says a few months before the wedding.  A tailor once told us that it was easier to make menswear, because they do not tweak it like a woman's.  No embroidery, no beading.  Unless it's a customized Barong Tagalog, then I think 4 months.  Pero it's better to ask your tailor, he knows to how to gauge it better.

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Groom's suit
« Reply #441 on: July 06, 2015, 11:22:17 am »
My fiance is planning to make a trip to Kamuning to buy his suit material. Do you ladies have any recommendations?

He'll most likely have the suit done at Cornell's in Makati.

hallerski

  • Guest
Re: Groom's suit
« Reply #442 on: July 06, 2015, 11:59:01 am »
Does anyone here have feedback on kingsmen? They quoted mo 12k for a 3pc suit. Might check them on Sunday but still looking for other quality suppliers. Recos are very much welcome! :) tia!! :)

Hi sis, you may check-out Manny Aquino Mondelo Couture. He's a gown designer but he does 5-pc suit too.. His location is Makati, somewhere in Chino Roces :)

vhanya

  • Guest
Re: Groom's suit
« Reply #443 on: July 06, 2015, 12:08:51 pm »
JE & Co, RM Manlapat, Cornell's and Arvox Tailoring are my hubby's go-to suit tailors. I would suggest that you buy your own tela though. I would recommend Armani cloth for that classic, understated clean look.

hallerski

  • Guest
Re: Groom's suit
« Reply #444 on: July 06, 2015, 12:38:01 pm »
My fiance is planning to make a trip to Kamuning to buy his suit material. Do you ladies have any recommendations?

He'll most likely have the suit done at Cornell's in Makati.

I heard K Wool is better than Armani fabric.. I'm not so sure though. Better check din with the tailor :)

lyr3hs

  • Guest
Re: Groom's suit
« Reply #445 on: July 12, 2015, 12:29:21 pm »
Hi sisses! Any feedback sa suit ni Emil Ocampo?

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Groom's suit
« Reply #446 on: July 12, 2015, 02:17:32 pm »
Some tailors make suits really quick! My fiance had his made in HK and it only took 4 days. In fact my fiance didn't even bother to fit it anymore and just had it delivered to Manila. When he did fit it, it fit perfectly! :D That really impressed me.

So i think 2 months leadtime is already very safe to have a suit made. Locally they're not as fast as HK but i think 2 months is safe.

msdianne

  • Guest
Re: Groom's suit
« Reply #447 on: July 16, 2015, 03:36:54 am »
Anyone had heard or reviews of SARTO Manila?

anneshirley

  • Guest
Re: Groom's suit
« Reply #448 on: July 22, 2015, 11:01:13 am »
We're looking at Cornell's for the entourage suits - they're within our budget (I was quoted 13.5K for a wool jacket and trouser set and 1.5K for shirts) and the workmanship is really good for that price. Most of my male entourage are based in QC though, so could you girls recommend anyone nearer that area around the same quality/range?

I contacted JE&Co also but their starting suits are pricier, and I think yung matitipid sa gas is mawawala rin sa price difference haha

lyr3hs

  • Guest
Re: Groom's suit
« Reply #449 on: September 12, 2015, 08:01:06 pm »
Any guidelines in choosing a Groom's suit supplier? Parang it looks all the same to me. Can someone educate me in choosing a nice suit for my groom? :) thanks

anneshirley

  • Guest
Re: Groom's suit
« Reply #450 on: September 12, 2015, 09:18:52 pm »
Hey lyr3hs, this is a good guide: http://www.gq.com/gallery/how-to-buy-a-suit-slideshow#1. Guys are less fussy about shirts and trousers; it's really the jacket that will define whether the suit is well-made or not. Basically the less number of bunched-up fabric on the jacket, the better. Another indicator I use to gauge whether it's a good suit: if the rest of the jacket stays put when the wearer raises his arms :)

Re: finding good tailors, I just base it on feedback from relatives, friends and officemates. So far I'm looking at Cornell's (I get the most consistent feedback on them).

lyr3hs

  • Guest
Re: Groom's suit
« Reply #451 on: September 13, 2015, 11:28:34 pm »
^thanks sis! :) Around how much sa Cornell's? Do they have a website/fb page where I can find some samples of their suits?

msdianne

  • Guest
Re: Groom's suit
« Reply #452 on: September 17, 2015, 07:41:46 pm »
Can you help me find a good tailor for our entourage? 10K per suit.

anneshirley

  • Guest
Re: Groom's suit
« Reply #453 on: September 18, 2015, 09:52:31 am »
Hey lyr3hs, sorry I just read your post now. When I inquired with them in July, they quoted me 11K for a polywool suit and 13.5K for a wool suit. Shirts naman start at 1.5K (cotton).

They don't have a website or FB page (at least to my knowledge) but they've been tagged in several Bride & Breakfast PH entries, you can check those out :)

twinxz

  • Guest
Re: Groom's suit
« Reply #454 on: September 18, 2015, 11:42:16 pm »
@msdianne

try Galang Tailoring in Arnaiz near Pio del Pilar Elementary School. According to wawies, he's recommended by Mel Orlina. 4pc Suit (vest, pants, polo, coat) ranges from 7k above depending on the materials used.

LavenderBlossom

  • Guest
Re: Groom's suit
« Reply #455 on: October 19, 2015, 05:27:51 pm »
Mga sis saan located ang cornell's?

zaji731

  • Guest
Re: Groom's suit
« Reply #456 on: October 19, 2015, 09:55:31 pm »
Cornells is around Kalayaan, Makati. Just before City Garden Grand Hotel. You can check their exact location in their FB page.

But I recommend Galang Tailoring siyempre :) aside from being nice and accommodating, super sulit ang rates nila. They quoted H2B 9000 for pants/vest/suit/undershirt and material they're using is an upgrade na from the usual armani that they use.

My brother's suit (best man) was quoted 7000 for suit/vest/pants/undershirt

LavenderBlossom

  • Guest
Re: Groom's suit
« Reply #457 on: October 20, 2015, 02:15:44 pm »
^ sis anong fb name ng cornells? Hini sya lumalabas sa search bar ko when I tried. Yung galang tailoring saan sya sis? What's their number?  :)

twinxz

  • Guest
Re: Groom's suit
« Reply #458 on: October 21, 2015, 01:30:48 pm »
^sis Galang Tailoring is in Arnaiz Ave. (Libertad) near Pio del Pilar Elementary School, Pasay. Sorry I don't have the calling card of Mang Totoy with me. When I get home, sana maalala ko to post it here :) or PM me na lang..

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Groom's suit
« Reply #459 on: October 21, 2015, 11:09:48 pm »
@zaji731 - would you know if they also makes barong? Or just suits?

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close