watch now

Author Topic: Running a Marathon  (Read 11288 times)

ycel0612

  • Guest
Re: Running a Marathon
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2014, 06:56:24 pm »
Isa ito sa item sa bucket list ko and I am now starting to fulfill it. Naka sign up na ako for 3K sa March 30, subok lang muna hehe

Nag download ako ng running plan na apps, yung Couch to 5K. Started week 1 last week. 5 minutes warm up muna then 8 reps of run for 1 minute, brisk walk 1.5 minutes then cool down for 5 minutes.
Medyo wala akong problema sa breathing kasi one month na ako nag work out sa elliptical machine ng 30 minutes straight pero pansin ko sumasakit yung knees ko kapag malapit ng mag 1 minute ang takbo ko.
This week, 1.5 minutes na ang running, hopefully sanay na yung knees ko.

arjeeh

  • Guest
Re: Running a Marathon
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2014, 02:55:16 am »
^ I am also doing this couch-to-5k. I'm now on Week 5 (Day 3). From 8 minutes non-stop jogging to 20 minutes?! I don't know if I can finish it but I'm determined. I'll first join my first 5K run this coming March. Good luck sa atin!

whitelady17

  • Guest
Re: Running a Marathon
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2014, 01:20:47 am »
I've been running for 2 years now. I started from fun runs mga 5k,6k, 10k then this year naka 3 10k ako then I will run for Run United 1 on March 16 for the Half Marathon. Tumatakbo ako twice a week with my officemates. Nung last run ko ng 10k sa run1000 parang may naipit na something sa my knee ko then last night nahulog ako sa gutter pipilay pilay tuloy ako pumasok. I dont know if I will be erady for the half marathon or parang nakukulangan ako sa training ko. Some says I need a program for strength & endurance iba naman sabi magtatakbo lang daw ako ng magtatakbo. Ano ab talaga?

Sis, I think, hah you are very much ready for a half-marathon. I was also afraid of adding up a distance, two years ako sa 10k, 15k, 16k but never sa 21k.

Then nag 21k ako noong nag sign up ako sa TBR, after ng TBR ko, never looked back na..

Currently, mas madami ang ultra marathons ko kesa marathons ko.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close