watch now

Author Topic: Running a Marathon  (Read 11293 times)

ButHonestly

  • Guest
Re: Running a Marathon
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2012, 01:38:24 pm »
Wag kalimutang mag-train. :) And train hard!

airish_2

  • Guest
Re: Running a Marathon
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2012, 08:51:09 am »
bakit ganun pag tumatakbo ako sumasakit yung likod ko sa bandang bewang.

ButHonestly

  • Guest
Re: Running a Marathon
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2012, 03:03:55 am »
bakit ganun pag tumatakbo ako sumasakit yung likod ko sa bandang bewang.

Warm up po muna. Kahit brisk walk lang or jog. Then mag mainit na katawan, stretching muna. :) Pwede na yung stretching nung nasa elementary pa tayo  during line formation. Then hanap po kayo ng pace or bilis na comfortable kayo. Hmn, make sure po the whole time, maayos yung running form nyo para walang sasakit. Kung pano tumakbo mga bata, yun po ideal running form. :)

airish_2

  • Guest
Re: Running a Marathon
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2012, 07:57:14 am »
^nag warm up ako stretching tapos brisk walking nung nagstart na ako tumakbo mga pang 6 na ikot sumakit bewang ko.

ButHonestly

  • Guest
Re: Running a Marathon
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2012, 09:11:20 am »
Baka po first rigorous activity nyo ito in weeks or months? Hmn, dapat po muna painitin muna mga muscles bago magstretch. Brisk walk ng 1-2 rounds, then stretch. :)

kalaiyaan

  • Guest
Re: Running a Marathon
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2012, 09:53:40 am »
@airish_2 
Sumasakit din likod ko sa first 3km, pero nawawala din naman agad basta tuloy lang ang takbo, tsaka wala rin sakit the next day.
Napansin ko lang kapag pala 3x a week ang takbo minimum 3km darating yung point na hindi na masyadong pinagpawisan. Nakakamiss kasi yung ang init init ng cheeks at sobrang pula. :)

FieryAngel027

  • Guest
Re: Running a Marathon
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2012, 04:10:17 am »
Yes, minimum jog for me is 10k pero hindi pa rin ako pagod. Pinagpapawisan ako mga 8k na. Huhuhu

raven03

  • Guest
Re: Running a Marathon
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2012, 07:14:09 am »
^&^^ which means you girls are ready for a longer run!

Kakainggit naman kayo, ako till now 5k ang binubuno hehe. My cousin just finished a half marathon in long beach, she gave birth 9 months ako. She inspires me, kasi sya nga nakaya nya, ako pa na walang excuse?

Let's share our training tips/experiences here guys!

jazzlawyer

  • Guest
Re: Running a Marathon
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2012, 04:49:20 pm »
I'm creating this thread as Marathon is not considered as a fun run.

Also giving out some terms and information na makakatulong.

Marathon
as defined by Merriam Webster;

: a long-distance race: a : a footrace run on an open course usually of 26 miles 385 yards (42.2 kilometers) b : a race other than a footrace marked especially by great length
2
a : an endurance contest b : something (as an event, activity, or session) characterized by great length or concentrated effort

Which means, 3k and 5k are under the category of fun run
10k to 18k are considered as middle distance runs.
21k and up are under the category of long distance run.
21k is also known as half-marathon and 42.109k is a full marathon or simply marathon.

Therefore, it is inappropriate to say.... I ran a 5k marathon.

While Ultra Marathon as defined by Mirriam Webster;


: a footrace longer than a marathon

Yes, we also have ultra marathon races here in our country, such as 50k Tanay Run, 50k, Tagaytay to Nasugbu Run. The BDM (Bataan Death March) 102km, and our very own version of 100 miller, Bataan Death March 160.

Running is much more fun with friends, family, relatives or with running groups.

If you have any questions about marathon and ultra marathons please post it here, I'm not a coach or something, not a fast runner too, just an ordinary person who just want to share what I've learned and my personal experiences to individuals who are interested to be a marathoner someday.

 haha sis whitelady17 after TBDRM 2012 I havent registered for another full mary yet because of my knee injury (they call it runners knee or ITBS?) it sores in the middle of running. haaay I hope i can get back on the road soon. target to run half mary again for condura.

gorgeouschef

  • Guest
Re: Running a Marathon
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2012, 09:19:22 pm »
hi girls

may gusto ba magjoin sa Kennon Road glbal marathon??  :D

chocochips_31

  • Guest
Re: Running a Marathon
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2012, 10:20:55 pm »
finished my first 21K half marathon last October 28 (Unilab Run United Philippine Marathon)! Very fulfilling! :)

joban99

  • Guest
Re: Running a Marathon
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2014, 09:16:43 pm »
Hi sisses, Id like to ask how can I train for a half marathon given my current situation. This is my situation, I run on a treadmill during my lunch break so I only have 45 minutes to run. I do this from Sunday to Friday and I rest on Saturday. Im currently running at 8.4km/hr and am running 6km in 45 minutes every day on the treadmill. Id like to run longer, but I dont have enough time as my break is only 1 hour long. I dont want to exercise after work as Id rather spend my evenings at home and with my family. My weekends are Friday and Saturday and so Im planning to run for a bit longer on Fridays. But I dont know if this will help prepare me for a half marathon (21k) which I plan to do by July. So again, Id like to train for a half marathon, but I only have 45 minutes a day to do so. Is this possible? If yes, can you pls tell me how? Thanks very much. :)

jazzlawyer

  • Guest
Re: Running a Marathon
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2014, 09:32:37 pm »
^ sis try mo to run 10k... tapos level up to at least 16k before you decide to run a half marathon. try also training on the road.. sign up ka nalang ng ibang fun runs para matrain ka. usually naman sunday mornings yun =) alam ko this february may PSE bull run for 10 or 16k.

I was running 10kms and 16kms for months before i did half mary. that way, di ka mahabaan masyado sa 21km =) it will also strengten your endurance.

Sometimes I work Overtime on sundays. What I do was I get up sunday morning for a race then shower (home or gym near my office) then derecho na office. I like doing my everyday workouts before I go the office.

My last half mary was last week for 7-11 run. Im not a fast pacer but I think my 2:25 time is ok na. My PR is 2:20 last december at the Milo Marathon. Will be running my 2nd full Mary this february  ;D

Goodluck!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 09:39:14 pm by jazzlawyer »

joban99

  • Guest
Re: Running a Marathon
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2014, 09:50:39 pm »
Thanks sis, yes Im actually gonna try running 10k this Friday, but on the treadmill lang. Ill see how far and long I can go, but Im pretty confident Ill be able to run 10k this Friday. Unfortunately I live in the Middle East (Kuwait) and they dont hold marathons or runs here unlike in the Phil. Pero uuwi kami ng family ko on July and thats when I plan to run the 21k. Yes, Id like to run on the road/pavement, but maybe on Fridays when I dont have work. So do you think running 45 minutes a day is enough to prepare for 16k and then later on to 21k? If yes, how so? Thanks sis and congrats on your running time for your half marathon, I dont know much about marathons yet, but I think 2:25 is a good time. Also what does PR mean? Thanks again. :)

jazzlawyer

  • Guest
Re: Running a Marathon
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2014, 10:18:42 pm »
PR sis is Personal Record  :) oh i see I missed that kuwait part. hehe

anyway, I felt that 45 mins run on the threadmill isnt enough for you to prepare yourself for half mary. Im also a threadmill runner because busy din sa work pero i try to run on the pavement every chance i get. I think pwede na 45 mins a day kahit twice lang sa weekday then try having 1 longer run preferably on pavement on weekends =)

try also speed training. kahit less 20-30 mins lang.... speed meaning you exert more effort than your regular pace. example 200 meters jog than 300 meters sprint. paulit ulit. it helps to have a stronger lungs during a long distance run. and it can improve your average running time din =)


joban99

  • Guest
Re: Running a Marathon
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2014, 01:54:27 am »
Thanks sis. Yeah, Im gonna start doing 1 longer run sa weekend (which is Friday for me) and Ill try incorporating the speed training on the weekdays. Im a guy talker by the way, I dont know how to edit my profile kaya it says girltalker, hehe.. Anyways, thanks again sis. :)

annamarie88

  • Guest
Re: Running a Marathon
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2014, 02:41:55 am »
grabe nag fun run ako 3k years ago, nabigla tuhod ko, bigla na lang during the run naningas sya and dndrag ko na lang right knee ko, eversince wala na ako kahit jogging lang sa village, so sad.. kaya nga hindi na ako bumili ng running shoes, training shoes na lang!! sadness haha

whitelady17

  • Guest
Re: Running a Marathon
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2014, 02:18:14 pm »
Hi sis annamarie, why don't you try to do it again this year? For week 1 starters, just walk around muna the park, subdvision, walk lang hah no runs yet. Then try mo na sa second week ang 1 minute run 2 mins walk, check mo if may pain. Then 3rd week 2 mins run 1 min walk. Hopefully makabalik ka sa running

annamarie88

  • Guest
Re: Running a Marathon
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2014, 10:27:00 am »
^sige sis whitelady17 itry ko ulit.. Scared na ako kasi pag tumagal, nagllock sya oh my.. Tapos ang sakit hehe
Thank you.. :)

icantspellyou

  • Guest
Re: Running a Marathon
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2014, 11:12:13 am »
I've been running for 2 years now. I started from fun runs mga 5k,6k, 10k then this year naka 3 10k ako then I will run for Run United 1 on March 16 for the Half Marathon. Tumatakbo ako twice a week with my officemates. Nung last run ko ng 10k sa run1000 parang may naipit na something sa my knee ko then last night nahulog ako sa gutter pipilay pilay tuloy ako pumasok. I dont know if I will be erady for the half marathon or parang nakukulangan ako sa training ko. Some says I need a program for strength & endurance iba naman sabi magtatakbo lang daw ako ng magtatakbo. Ano ab talaga?

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close