watch now

Author Topic: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center  (Read 236589 times)

sbg

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #280 on: October 21, 2013, 03:16:52 pm »
teachme, I can relate very much to your TTC journey. I, too, have a full-time job and I travel extensively kaya aside from mental stress, physically demanding din job ko. Several times I thought about stopping work, but I couldn’t bring myself to do it kasi I’d lose income and with all the meds and doctors’ fees, we really couldn’t afford it. Baka lalo lang ako ma-stress kung walang panggastos di ba? So, don’t give up.  :)
As for me, it was a learning experience. I’ve learned a lot and still learning. I’ve learned that the OB you choose makes a big difference especially for cases like ours na medyo nasa advanced maternal age na, kasi each has their own specialization. Hindi lahat ng OB pareho.

Like I mentioned in my previous post I really started full work-up when I began to see my OB Dra. Madamba-Burgos and my immunologist Dra. Aleta.


 Tests I took:
1.       LAT
2.       APAS
3.       Lipid Profile – Fasting Blood Sugar, Cholesterol, etc
4.       TSH
5.       FT4
6.       Serum Insulin
7.       Anti-Thyroid Antibody
8.       Primary Immuno-deficiency Panel
 

I’ve also been taking meds and vitamins
1.       Metformin, 500 mg 3xday – since Sep 2012 up to now to control my sugar and I think it helped with my PCOS too.
2.       Vit D3, 5000 IU 1/day since Sep 2012
3.       Vit B (Neurobion) 500mg, 1/day since Sept 2012
4.       Folic Acid, daily since June 2011
5.       Aspilet EC, daily since Sept 2012
6.       Prednisone 10mg, 1/day since Sept 2012
 
Okay naman yung count and quality of sperm ng husband ko but OB prescribed vitamins pa rin para mas mag-improve and quality.
1.       No alcohol a month prior to sperm collection.
2.       Vitamins
a.       Rogin-E, 1/day
b.       Conzase, 1/day
Before the procedure, I cut down on my caffeine intake. Coffee drinker kasi ako talaga, so bawas lang but I couldn’t stop completely. Nagpahinga din ako from clomid and any stimulation for 3 months (Dec 2012-Feb 2013) but I continued taking my vitamins. Then March 2013 nga, nagconsult na kami sa Kato.  Surprisingly and luckily, even with minimal stimulation, I produced about 6 eggs, but 3 lang yung nafertilize. After the transfer, pahinga lang ulit for another 3 months from stimulants but tuloy with vitamins. We decided to do the transfer 3 months after the hasrvest para makapahinga yung katawan ako. But aside from that I continued with work and travel. Nagstop lang ako mag-byahe a week before my scheduled embryo transfer and haven’t traveled since. Buti na lang supportive naman yung boss ko so they understand why I have to take it easy.

I tried acupuncture din 2x. I liked it and I would have continued to go if only I was not working. Weekends are full kasi so ang hirap sumingit sa schedule and weekdays naman morning lang ako nakakasingit so I had to take mornings off work to go there.

To be honest sobrang takot din ako sa needles like you can’t imagine. The first time I had to test for APAS, nanlamig ako and I had to ask my husband to hold my hand while they were drawing 6 tubes of blood. Buti na lang uso na ang vacutainer, at least 1 tusok lang ng syringe. But after that nasanay na ako sa sobrang dalas ako kunan ng dugo. Suki na nga kami sa HP and St Lukes.

I understand that not all OB’s recommend or believe in immunol tests. But if you’re to ask me, based on my experience, I would recommend you see an OB who specializes in high-risk pregnancies, kasi nasa ganung category na tayo at 35. Also highly recommend you see an immunologist para lang matest na lahat ng possible causes. If I had known in 2011 what I know now, I always say, I would have taken all the tests na maski magastos instead of waiting to have a miscarriage before taking all those tests. Traumatic makunan e.

If you can afford it, I think it’s a good idea to stop work or take a long vacation para totally stress-free.
I hope this helps. God bless sis!  :)
 
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 04:33:38 pm by sbg »

Baby2014

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #281 on: October 22, 2013, 05:17:52 pm »
thank you sis sbg sa mga info. I'm having also my IVF sa Kato. Tapos na kami sa OPU. waiting nalang kami for the next cycle for the transfer. :) pagkatapos ba ng treatment kailangan balik na sa OB na dati? tuloy pa rin ba take mo ng aspirin kahit pregnant kana? ako rin kasi, im taking aspirin since april 2013. then i had also LIT. thank you. and have a safe pregnancy.

teachme

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #282 on: October 22, 2013, 10:50:49 pm »
Salamat sis sbg sa advice.  Nakakaencourage talaga yung mga success stories like yours. God bless you.

sbg

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #283 on: October 23, 2013, 12:50:21 pm »
You're most welcome teachme! Will pray for you and your husband. :)

Baby2014, goodluck with your transfer. Will pray for you too. Postive thinking lang palagi. :) 7 days after your transfer you'll know na if positive or negative. If positive na, you'll still continue going to Kato until your 10th or 12th week kasi i-momonitor nila yung baby and yung BCHG and Progesterone levels mo to make sure they're at correct levels. If not, they'll prescribe meds to correct or improve them. After the 10th or 12th week, Kato will give you a doctor's referral addressed to your OB then balik ka na sa OB mo. Pero ako hindi ko na hinintay yung 10th week; as soon as nalaman ko BFP na, i went to see my OB and immunologist immediately para lang sure. Since APAS ako, OB told me to start injecting innohep na everyday, then tuloy-tuloy pa rin yung aspirin and other vitamins daily until delivery. Also confirmed with my immunologist if kailangan ko pa booster shots for LIT since March yung last ko na injection, but she said since 100% na yung LAT ko the last time, no need na raw for booster shots (buti na lang). But she did ask me to test for NK cells and buti naman normal yung sa kin.
As of today, i'm 18 weeks na, and so far, things look okay and i pray na sana tuloy-tuloy na problem free. Still working my regular job except stop na travel and long drive. :)

« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 01:43:22 pm by sbg »

Baby2014

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #284 on: October 24, 2013, 01:10:12 pm »
thank you sbg. i will be praying for your safe pregnancy & delivery. :)

Baby2014

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #285 on: November 14, 2013, 01:38:04 pm »
hello everybody. it's my CD11 today. sabi ni doctor M, we are ready. so tentative date of ET is on NOv. 21. balik ako sa nov 17 for progesterone check. sana umabot ako sa standard ng kato para tuloy tuloy na. praying for positive result. salamat sa inyong lahat mga sis. will update you for the result. next month na siguro.  :)

denzon

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #286 on: November 18, 2013, 08:02:26 pm »
About two weeks ago, I emailed Kato Center in Makati ans inquired if there is a possiblity that they would give me a recommendation through emails as I am based in Qatar right now but considering a treatment in the Philippines. I mentioned that I am willing to pay for a fee for their recommendation thru email.

The next day I was so happy that they immediately responded and advise me to send them my test results and other docs.

However, up to mow I didnt received any response. I sent a follow up email last week and to no avail.

Disappointed here.

dette8888

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #287 on: November 20, 2013, 11:45:27 am »
Just wanna share din. =)

-Hubby & I are both 36 yrs old
-Me: high FSH (37); hubby: low count and motility
-October 16: 1st appointment with Kato
-Due to high FSH, I was under natural IVF. I was able to produce 3 eggs, but only 1 fertilized. A 2-day transfer was done (grade 3 embryo) on the same cycle.
-October 31: OPU by Dr. Perillo
-November 2: ET - by Dr. Ong-jao did the transfer, with the assistance of Dr. Mendiola
-November 14: 1st b-hcg - 159, got BFP on the hpt too
-November 20: 2nd b-hcg - 1200
-Next appointment will be on November 24th for 3rd b-hcg and sonogram

« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 11:48:03 am by dette8888 »

Johanna2010

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #288 on: November 20, 2013, 02:16:34 pm »
hi sis! congrats! ...can i ask kung natural ivf ka sa kato? and how much cost ng ivf mo.tia!

dette8888

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #289 on: November 20, 2013, 02:39:18 pm »
hi sis! congrats! ...can i ask kung natural ivf ka sa kato? and how much cost ng ivf mo.tia!

Thanks much! =)

Yes, sis natural IVF ako. Hindi ako pwede sa minimal stimulation dahil mataas masyado yung FSH ko. Hindi pa kami nag-a-account ng gastos namin pero P168,000 (pag positive pregnancy) + gastos every visit (hormone tests, ultrasound, medicine, consultation fee, etc.), usually nagre-range between P7k-12k, depende kasi kung ano mga ginawa sa iyo. Isang egg lang nag fertilize sa akin, so walang frozen embryo. Pag meron kasi eh may additional fee pa yun.

Johanna2010

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #290 on: November 21, 2013, 09:48:31 am »
ah ok..thanks sis..ask ko din sana kung kasama sa SOP ng Kato ang immuno test?

dette8888

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #291 on: November 21, 2013, 09:56:55 am »
ah ok..thanks sis..ask ko din sana kung kasama sa SOP ng Kato ang immuno test?

ay sorry sis, hindi ko alam kung kasama..

Johanna2010

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #292 on: November 21, 2013, 11:01:03 am »
ah, thanks sis.congrats again! take care!

sbg

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #293 on: November 21, 2013, 11:05:41 am »
Johanna2010, hindi SOP sa Kato ang immuno tests so i highly recommend you consult with an immunologist first before trying IVF. I know some friends who've had multiple failed IVF's who found out afterwards that they have immune issues pala. Sayang time and money.

Johanna2010

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #294 on: November 22, 2013, 12:33:02 pm »
Thanks sis sbg! :)

belle4beauty

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #295 on: December 03, 2013, 07:19:02 am »
Congrats sa mga sisses na nagbfp!

Sana may makapagshare ng experiences nila with iui sa kato. Pati na rin expenses. TIA! :)

maman

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #296 on: December 03, 2013, 09:22:32 am »
Sis belle4beauty, we spent roughly 35k for our IUI with Kato. That includes various tests like hssg, sperm analysis, blood screening and monitoring.

belle4beauty

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #297 on: December 03, 2013, 05:33:21 pm »
^^thanks for sharing sis maman. Im choosing between going to dra. Jing fernandez of st lukes or kato for iui. How was your experience sis? Masakit ba hssg? Dun kasi ako natatakot pati sa madaming blood tests.

maman

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #298 on: December 03, 2013, 06:30:51 pm »
^ Mine was painful. I had it done twice na. The one in Kato was more painful than the one I did previously in Asian. To some women though it's not as painful. It really depends on your body and your pain tolerance. Don't be scared. It's better to get tested and properly diagnosed than not to know what's wrong with our repro system. :)

belle4beauty

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #299 on: December 04, 2013, 09:41:08 pm »
^^thanks for giving me a heads up sis. I dont know if my pain tolerance increased na after having acupuncture sessions but i can tolerate needles na compared before. Baka sa January na ako magstart ng workup sa Kato. Thanks again sis. :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close