watch now

Author Topic: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center  (Read 236637 times)

meg1104

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #260 on: July 24, 2013, 09:11:58 am »
^ got that. Thanks :)

jac168

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #261 on: July 24, 2013, 10:07:29 pm »
Hi Sis Sbg,  thank you very much for sharing your story.  I understand the feelings that you mentioned especially during the waiting period and when calling kato for the embryo status.  I tried ivf in taichung 2 years ago but with no success.  Tried Kato this July with minimal stimulation, but due to husband's low count and minimal stimulation only, we got 1 egg only, matured but did not fertilized. :(. 1st cycle ended in a span of 10 days... Tsk tsk tsk...

Possible pala sa kato Dr. P egg harvest, then Dr. M embryo transfer... 2 doctors taking care of one patient.  Parang kakaiba din...   Glad you did not go to taichung anymore.  Its a lot more convenient to do ivf in Here.  Take care, hope everything will go smoothly.  Will pray for you... As for us, long journey to go since i still need another cycle to remove polyp before can proceed with transfer.  1st cycle parang medyo hirap na sa fertilization stage...    Hope we can all be successful with Kato. 

Admittedly, kato environment in doing ivf is far more relaxing than in Taichung.  Sana quality of treatment is very good as well. 

Take care and God Bless. 

sbg

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #262 on: July 25, 2013, 01:07:56 pm »
Jac168, thank you and will pray for you and all our sisters here too. i'm so sorry to hear about your recent Kato result.
Actually yung sa min kasi, we were really surprised din na i produced more than 5 eggs with minimal stimulation. In our previous IUI's kasi mas marami pa stimulation ginawa sa kin pero the most i produced was 2 eggs lang. I'm guessing the break i got from TTC in Jan-Feb helped para makapahing naman matres ko plus i've been taking metformin and other vitamins nga since september 2012.

I'm not familiar with polyps, parang first time ko lang to hear about it. So if i understand you correctly, you need to have it removed first before you can do IVF again? Is that surgery or laparoscopy? How long after the operation before you can do IVF again?

Can i ask you din if you've done immunological tests already? I know of 1 case kasi na they tried IVF in Taiwan 2x and 2x din failed before they tested for immuno factors. They found out the wife was positive for LAT and NK cells when they returned to PH. They got treatment for those then returned to Taiwan a 3rd time and they were successful na.

If you don't mind, can i ask you about your profile and TTC history din? It's alright if you're not comfortable sharing it. :)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 01:13:24 pm by sbg »

meg1104

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #263 on: July 25, 2013, 03:23:58 pm »
^ sis, if not so successful and "cycle ended in 10 days...." So, expenses stop na also?

How much more else ang risk factor sa money?

jac168

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #264 on: July 25, 2013, 10:28:49 pm »
Sis Sbg, im 33 Years old going 34 on December, dh 36 yrs old. Para saan yung metformin med?  Yes endometrial polyps have to be removed first before can transfer.  So, egg retrieval 1st cycle, then polyp removal through hysteroscopy (outpatient procedure, pero nakakasawa coz ive done 3x na in the past), pabalik pabalik talaga kasi ang polyps then third cycle tsaka transfer... Long way to go.

Ive tested sa immunologist before, immuno doc said little bit high nk cells.  But my ob said i dont need to do LIT since never been pregnant.  Kung may miscarriage tsaka daw factor ang LAT...

Yes once did not fertilize, stop na this cycle.  Try again next cycle.  Nakakalungkot, parang waste of money coz in the middle palang stop na.  As of last visit, spent 75k na, to go back next week to pay for other charges ng embryologist even if did not fertilize.  Maybe will total to 100k... Tsk tsk tsk...  But at least no loss in hotel accommodation, plane fare etc if ivf is done outside the country.

Hmmm wala akong masyadong medical history coz may year na we will rest muna, concentrate on work, then may year na go ulit.  My tubes are ok naman.  DH very low count, then i frequently has polyp that re occurs every 3-4 months.  We are not very hard working in terms of TTC journey... Im quite nervous pagdating sa mga treatments or doctors kasi.  So, if can avoid needles, doctors, hospital better... Hehe   Nung egg retrieval day, i was so nervous coz in taiwan theres anesthesia and tulog ako, in kato, gising ka with local anesthesia... Very nervous, just to know hindi pala talaga masakit... Hehe

Thats all, take care and God Bless!!

mrs.trish

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #265 on: July 26, 2013, 03:59:41 pm »
Got good news today! Out of the 4 eggs harvested, only 2 got fertilized. 1 was frozen at day 2 (Dr.M wanted to make sure na may matira) & the other reached early blasto today. Sana tuloy-tuloy na. Kahit isang blasto lang happy na kami. Our ET will be next month.

Tanong ko lang mga sis, what are the foods that I should eat and what should I avoid before and after transfer? I am not a cofee drinker, not a fan of soda, always avoided junk food (although I'll surely miss chocolates and J.Co donuts) so I guess I'm on the right track. Kaso lang ayaw ko ng pineapple pero like ko naman ang avocado. Ok ba ang ripe mangoes? I read somewhere na bawal daw. Favorite ko pa naman.

Sana lahat na tayo dito magka baby na.     

jac168

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #266 on: July 27, 2013, 07:17:10 pm »
Mrs. Trish, i heard from a doctor after transfer better to eat food na neutral taste, meaning not too salty, too spicy, too sour, medyo plain lang daw dapat.  Keep warm din body, wag daw malalamigan.  Like other sis here always wearing socks daw para hindi cold feet from aircon room.  Maybe plain food will also mean do not eat too oily.  Goodluck!

sbg

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #267 on: July 29, 2013, 01:38:32 pm »
Jac 168, metformin was prescribed to me because of my PCOS so i've been taking it since July of 2012. It's actually an anti-diabetic drug but also used in treatment of PCOS.
Can i ask you who your OB and immunologist are?

mrs.trish, congrats on the successful harvest and best of luck on your FET next month. :)

Feathered Fairy

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #268 on: July 29, 2013, 05:06:35 pm »
Hi mrs. trish on my case it's CD 3, 10, 12, 14 then my retrieval was on day 16. Kato's very strict with hormone levels so they are asking you to come back more often (but I guess that's my case) everything would really depend on how you'll respond to the medicines.

Both hormones and TVUs are done on the CDs above... But on the day of retrieval they'll check if the hormone levels are correct before they'd pursue the harvest.

Goodluck! God bless,

I read your very informative blog. I must say you have a knack for writing. My dear friend, I wish to console you and make you feel that It is not the end of the road.   Do not feel disheartened. You will also be a wonderful mom someday! I can feel your sentiments, very much! I was once in your shoes.  I felt so devastated, after a failed IVF way back yr 2007, that we discontinued any treatment. Im just glad that now that we are more ready emotionally, physically & financially, we chose the right IVF Center for us.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 06:41:20 am by Feathered Fairy »

Feathered Fairy

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #269 on: July 30, 2013, 04:37:47 pm »
hello Feathered Fairy how was your transfer? wishing you all the best. we will have also IVF there in Kato in September. Will be praying for BFP pati rin kay hopeful143.  :)


Note: This message is awaiting approval by a moderator.
Finally Pregnant! 4wks,1dy

7dpt beta-hcg: 101.3
12dpt beta-hcg: 1003
•Gestational sac seen

Our IVF Quest with Kato:
My mindset was to "Never Give up, Never Lose Hope, Keep on Trying. Deep within, I know I'll become a great mom."

1st month:
 Oocytes Pick-up by Dra Perillo
LMP: May 30
~June 16 (CD14) egg retrieval
(7 precious embryos made it to blastocyst stage) 🙏⚪1⃣⚪2⃣⚪3⃣⚪4⃣⚪5⃣⚪6⃣⚪7⃣
     
2nd month: Transfer month
~July 17 (CD18)  progesterone count is 22.8. Good count , we can proceed to embryo transfer then <double blastocyst>; praying for a safe pregnancy & healthy baby or babies 👶👶 (prior to embryo transfer  , as we talked with the embryologist & claims we had 57% chances of successful IVF ( good quality eggs)~ it lifted up my spirit; he advised not to think abt it & continue on a normal daily activity)
~Remaining 5 embies for vitrification.


Thank you Lord for this most wonderful blessing!❤❤❤
Im sincerely wishing you & everyone here a successful IVF❤
P.S.
Congratulations to charmedlyf & sbg!❤

jac168

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #270 on: July 31, 2013, 10:10:56 pm »
Congratulations to feathed fairy!!  Great news.

Ang daming embryo and blasto pa lahat... Ang galing.  Would you mind share to us what meds prescribed to you during the stimulations?  How many days clomid, gonal f etc?

What did you do after the transfer?  Strict bed rest?  Go to work on __th day?  No work just stay home?

Any secret formula?   :)

Take care and God Bless!

Feathered Fairy

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #271 on: August 05, 2013, 04:01:40 am »
Congratulations to feathed fairy!!  Great news.

Ang daming embryo and blasto pa lahat... Ang galing.  Would you mind share to us what meds prescribed to you during the stimulations?  How many days clomid, gonal f etc?

What did you do after the transfer?  Strict bed rest?  Go to work on __th day?  No work just stay home?

Any secret formula?   :)

Take care and God Bless!

hi jack168, can you send me your email add instead? ill email what I did prior to egg retrieval (mini IVF) & post embryo transfer. Thank you

jac168

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #272 on: August 05, 2013, 10:39:06 pm »
Hi feathered fairy, my email address is oktokt8@gmail.com.  Thank you in advance. Take care always and God Bless!  :).

charmedlyf

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #273 on: August 08, 2013, 10:52:24 am »
Update lang mga sis, im on my 7th week na. Went back
Sa Kato last week 6d 4d ko we were able to see the fetal
Pole and heartbeat! Sabi nila doc ok daw lahat ang development
At size para sa 6d4d. My baby's heartbeat is strong din daw
at 130bpm. My DH and i are so happy!

Im still praying for all the moms out there na maging successful
Na sa kanilang endeavors. Wag lang kayo mawalan talaga ng Faith
Continue praying! It really works! God is Good.

Ang tagal din namin to hinintay sana mag tuloy tuloy na excited
Naako mameet si baby! :)

mae8

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #274 on: August 21, 2013, 01:28:40 pm »
Hi sis somedaymom, sbg, charmlyf
Thank u for inspiring me n thru successful story to get pregnant. First time [textspeak!] po ako [textspeak!].
I wanna share my story im 8years married na 5 to 6 iui failed and 1 ivf sa crm failed because my both ovaries polycystic.
Nag try ako s kato repro biotech center. May first consultation nung july gnawa ulit hssg ko ni dr. Mendiola since n try kna before 2007. Buti naman d result patent tubes. Hirap daw tlaga mag conceive s case ko kc polycystic ovaries, hormonal imbalance. Kaya i need injections puregon or gonal f para lumake.. Nagkaroon ako ng 2 mature follicles s left ovary kya last aug 19 nagpa iui ako kd dr. Perillo/dr. Ong-jao d nman masakit at mababait sila. Now im waiting d results after 14 days sept 2 for blood test. Mga sis pls. Pray for me na mabuntis nko kc pag dpa ok we push thru ivf na ulit.  Grabe mga sis nakakapgod n financially n emotionally.


Lei_Glee

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #275 on: August 27, 2013, 07:27:38 am »
Hi mga sis,
Amazing dami na din nabuntis dito sa kato naenganyo nko itry.
Umaabot ba sa million gastos dito?
Do they allow frozen sperms dito? Kasi my hubby always travels abroad hindi niya mahihintay pag ok o hindi pa ok level ng hormones ko..thanks in advance sa magrereply.

mrs.trish

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #276 on: August 28, 2013, 09:29:22 pm »
Praise God I'm finally pregnant! It's another IVF success for Kato & proof that God answers prayers in His perfect time.

Our case: both 38, ttc=3yrs, unexplained infertility, 2 failed IUI
FET on my birthday (1 blastocyst)
BHCG & Progesterone test after 7 days= BFP!

Just continue praying mga sis, it works!

Goldy

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #277 on: August 28, 2013, 11:16:47 pm »
Hi mga sis,
Amazing dami na din nabuntis dito sa kato naenganyo nko itry.
Umaabot ba sa million gastos dito?
Do they allow frozen sperms dito? Kasi my hubby always travels abroad hindi niya mahihintay pag ok o hindi pa ok level ng hormones ko..thanks in advance sa magrereply.


Hi Sis Lei_Glee, as far as i know nsa mga mga 250-300k ang overall expenses depends on your case..and yes they do sperm freezing kasi kami ni hubby before kami umalis we have his sperm stored sa kato and if we decide to go na and do ivf :)

sbg

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #278 on: September 05, 2013, 12:46:46 pm »
mrs.trish and charmedlyf congrats!!! :) So happy for you!

mae8, can i ask you about your history? Have you seen an immunologist na? In my case kasi, after 2 failed IUI’s and 1 miscarriage, husband and I decided to switch to another OB, and I really think that made all the difference. Through recommendations from our friends, we started seeing Dra. Madamba-Burgos September of 2012. She was the one who had me take a series of blood tests and told me to see an immunologist (I was referred to Dra. Aleta of St. Luke’s). We discovered I had immune problems, CAT I and II. Here’s link to some info about 5 categories of immune deficiency related to infertility. http://www.fertilityzone.co.uk/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=20166 .

OB also had me take lipid profile and thyroid tests and found out I’ve problems there too. I’m actually relatively slim but my cholesterol and sugar are very high. OB said I’m TOFI, Thin Outside Fat Inside. J She said I had to make some lifestyle changes. Because of my immune deficiencies, I also had to undergo LIT (took 7 sessions), take meds for thyroid, cholesterol and sugar, and take a lot of vitamins before we started IVF. Basically, I think what it did was prepare my body to make sure it’s in good condition before we tried IVF.

Girls, just to give you an update: I’m currently on my 12th week now, and so far my twins are doing okay. Yes, we’re having twins! As of last week, hubby and I saw them moving already through ultrasound, we were so happy.  :) We’re praying  na sana tuloy tuloy na nga. I’m still so paranoid, though, because of my history of miscarriage so please pray for us too.  :) we had a scare on my 8th week because OB saw on ultrasound I had some subchorrionic hemorrhage and advised that I take home rest for at least 10 days. Good thing it cleared up after 2 wks.

To all our sisters who are also on this journey, please don’t give up hope. If you need any advice or have some questions i can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask. This forum has been a tremendous help to me and I really want to pay it forward.  :) God bless everyone!
 

teachme

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #279 on: October 18, 2013, 01:28:45 pm »
Hi sisses! Im a newbie here but I've been reading posts in Girltalk for quite some time.  Thank you for your information and encouraging posts.

I'm also ttc for 6 1/2 years now and have been to 4 OBs.  I had undergone 4 IUIs since last year and all of them were unsuccessful.  OB can't find anything wrong with me, tubes are okay, no polyps, and regular menstruation.  Although, I produced few eggs, even with maximum stimulation in my 2 IUIs.  Infertility is mainly attributed to hubby's low sperm count.

My last IUI was at Kato and OB recommended to try IVF na.  Hubby and I decided to save fund for IVF so we stopped consultation and treatment in the meantime.  Though, we still religiously take our vitamins, including folic acid for me.  Araw-araw eto ang dasal naming mag-asawa. We are praying for a miracle at the same time asking God for a sign if we will push through with the IVF.

Sis, sbg. thank you for the narration of your IVF journey.  I just have few questions as we prepare for an IVF, hopefully this December.  Anong preparations na ginawa mo before the procedure?  Work ko kasi 8-5, may overtime pa.  I'm planning to take an extended vacation leave before the procedure, but i'm not sure how long it should be.

May mga nabasa kasi ako, nakakatulong daw ang acupuncture. Medyo takot kasi ako sa needles.

I haven't been to an immunologist also. OBs haven't not mentioned one. Do you think it's better to see one first?  By the way, I'm 35 na nga pala kaya lahat ng possible means ginagawa namin.  Any other advice to increase our chances of BFP after IVF?

Thank you in advance and I'll pray for your safe pregnancy.  God bless!

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close