watch now

Author Topic: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center  (Read 236552 times)

Feathered Fairy

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #240 on: July 08, 2013, 12:39:29 pm »
I got your back! Will be praying for you!  Check out these links:
http://natural-fertility-info.com/increase-ivf-success
http://www.myhealthtips.in/2013/07/top-10-yoga-poses-that-increase-metabolism.html?m=1

Consult Dr P or Dr M first before trying out on herbs, massages & yoga. You may call at Kato first to ask if it's safe to try. But, as for me Im currently doing the yoga daily, for relaxation & to loose those belly fat from the oocytes retrieval... Ill be seeing an acupuncturist too prior to transfer.

I will keep you updated sis, hopeful143! 🐣
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 02:26:17 pm by mama squeak! »

Baby2014

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #241 on: July 08, 2013, 05:28:04 pm »
hello everybody. it's been a while since i started reading here. thank you everybody for the informations. i just finished my 4th LIT. and i responded well with the therapy. so we are planning to do IVF. but we havent decided yet where aRE we going to have it. as i see their website at response dito, Kato is doing good. baby dust to all of you who will have the FET. Sana mag BFP na kayo at sunod na rin kami. ;)

hopeful143

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #242 on: July 11, 2013, 06:43:54 pm »

hi Feathered fairy,
Thank you for the websites that you shared. i tried acupucture too and planning to go back when we have a schedule of transfer...
When do you intend to have the transfer?

« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 02:26:51 pm by mama squeak! »

jac168

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #243 on: July 12, 2013, 09:38:59 pm »
Hi mgs Sisses,  Im new in here... Have read sis someday mom's success story, very inspirational and informative.  Thank you for sharing your story.  Just want to ask sis someday mom did you try accupuncture during the ivf treatment?  Anybody can suggest what is the best time to do accupuncture eg before egg retrieval etc? 

To sis caycay, i have read that you mentioned you will have the polyp removed first.  Have you removed it na?  If yes, where and who is the doctor who removed the polyp?  Is it through hysteroscopy?  Dr. Mendiola pa rin ba?  Around how much charged kaya?  Im thinking of having hysteroscopy soon coz nag ultrasound ako and it has polyp again.  If ever this is my 4th time to remove polyp na.  Hope you to hear any info about this. 

Thank you very much mga sisses for sharing your stories.  Take care everyone!

mrs.trish

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #244 on: July 13, 2013, 11:22:36 pm »
Hello again! We had our 1st visit at Kato last Friday. Spent 12k+ for B-scope, ELPFB, SA, clomiphene & PF. Will have another b-scope on Mon, my cd6. Ours is a case of unexplained infertility (all tests are good) so sabi ni Doc possibly ang fimbriae ko ang may problem. Anyways, sa mga nag IVF na sa kato, how much did you pay per visit after cd3?

sbg

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #245 on: July 20, 2013, 09:26:58 pm »
@mrs. trish, costs vary each time, usually range from 4,500 to 14,000 depending on blood tests and meds. Once you decide to go through IVF, they'll give you a schedule of expenses so you'll have an idea of how much you'll need to prepare at each stage. For minimal stimulation ivf, estimate about Php270k total up to embryo transfer.

Baby2014

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #246 on: July 21, 2013, 09:33:23 am »
hello Feathered Fairy how was your transfer? wishing you all the best. we will have also IVF there in Kato in September. Will be praying for BFP pati rin kay hopeful143.  :)

charmedlyf

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #247 on: July 21, 2013, 04:57:17 pm »
Hi ladies! I am new here obviously. I just want to share my wonderful news with my journey with KATO.
My husband and i have been married for more than 5 years. I've been pregnant twice however, both ended with ectopic pregnancies. Now, our only hope is thru IVF. We have been searching for the right center to have our IVF ( visited different clinics/facilities)  we had to delay since we were still saving for the procedure, accidentally my husband stumbled upon KATO's website. So we immediately paid a visit to their clinic and we loved it! Everything went so fast from my 1st check up to the transfer.

My protocol - Minimal Stimulation (clomiphene and 2 puregon injections only)
1 egg was harvested unfortunately the next day they had to stop xulture because it did not fertlize.

Next cycle, minimal stimulation but a little different protocol (added gonal f injections) harvested 4 eggs.  3 fertilized and 2 were on Blastocyst!
( 1 grade A and 1 grade B)

Requested for 1 blasto transfer first week of July.
A week after,  BHcg result shows BFP!!!  :D  ;D ;D

Last friday, checked my BHCG level and it was amazing and gestational sac -- already present! Yay!

Sending baby dust to everyone!


Me:32 y, blocked fallopian tubes
DH: 31 y, normal

mrs.trish

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #248 on: July 21, 2013, 05:40:59 pm »
^Wow congrats! We also had our harvest this morning. Wala naman palang pain. We have spent 80k for the procedure so far.
4 were harvested but only 1 is matured as of this morning so they will perform ICSI on it today. Hopefully the 3 others will also mature tomorrow & hopefully they will all reach the blastocyst stage. Baby dust to all.

charmedlyf

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #249 on: July 21, 2013, 08:09:32 pm »
Yes wala talagang pain during the procedure kahit na minimal lang din ang anethesia
Yan talaga ang nagustuhan namin ni hubby sa KATO, kasi hindi bugbog ang katawan
Sa meds.

I'll be praying na mag mature lahat at umabot sa blastocyst!  :)


jerictine

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #250 on: July 22, 2013, 10:30:24 am »
happy Monday everyone. Can't wait for my CD3 to come para maka start na din kami. CD5 na kasi nung nag 1st visit kami sa KATO last July 7...kaya next cycle na lang daw kami. Minimal stimulation IVF din kami, 260K ang sabi ni doc lahat lahat na daw yun hanggang transfer.

Congrats sis charmedlyf, pahawa kami ng blessing  :) Question naman, ano yung mga preps na ginawa mo before the procedure? Vitamins? pa share naman please...TIA! Excited na ko at kinakabahan din at the same time.

sbg

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #251 on: July 22, 2013, 02:26:16 pm »
mrs.trish and charmedlyf, buti pa sa inyo walang pain yung. sa kin meron because of the speculum going in and out several times. i asked bakit ganun, Dr. P explained kasi daw kailangan hugasan each time para sure malinis. oh well, so happy tapos na yun.  :)

i just had my transfer last july 9, yun walang sakit. so far blood tests are okay, BHCG shows BFP  :) pero still waiting for the ultrasound on friday kung may sac na nga.  :)

to all, let's keep praying for each other.  :) this forum has helped me a lot so i want to say thank you to everyone for sharing your experiences too.

jac168

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #252 on: July 22, 2013, 10:34:36 pm »
congratulations to charmedlyf and sbg!!!  So happy to hear pag may success stories.

To all sisters na nag success sa kato, hope you can share your stories.  Questions like:

- how many times have you done ivf before it became successful?  Where and when did you do ivf in the past?
- in your recent ivf,  how many eggs retrieved?  How many fertilized and how many transferred?  What meds have you taken or injected?  How many times per day? 
- who was your doctor in kato in the recent success?
- what factors you think made you successful in this ivf?  Any secret formula :) ?
- what did you do after embryo transfer?  How many days bed rest?  Strict bed rest even eating or wee wee?  Did you eat anything that is believed to contribute to the success?
- how many times did you try in kato before it became successful?  If more than one time, what changes made in the succeeding cycle?
-  please share your profile, age, condition, infertility problem such as blocked tubes, low count. Etc.

Thank you very much.  If you can share your journey as detailed as possible, we will greatly appreciate it!  God Bless to all.  :)

charmedlyf

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #253 on: July 23, 2013, 01:40:45 am »
Hi sis think happy thoughts ha! Nakaka excite at nakaka kaba talaga ang stage natin na ito
Congrats sa BFP mo! :) tuloy tuloy na yan!

Nung harvest wala ako maciado preps na iba aside from the meds they gave me. As well as before ng transfer.

Nung nag transfer na ito mga ginawa ko
- naka socks all the time
-hot soup
-no caffeine and dairy
- i ate lots n lots of pineapples
- ang walang kasawaan na NUTS
-no cold water, juice , or anything na malamig
- no standing for more than 10mins
- did not shower for 4 days
Nag punas lang ako at wash ng private part ko kasi naka vagunal suppository ako.

I was not on total bedrest, tumatayo pa rin ako to go and pee hindi ko nagamit yung inorder ko na bedpan. I read kasi somewhere na kailangan may blood circulation pa din so ayoko naman na nakahiga lang all the time.

And syempre maraming maraming dasal at support group na makakatulong sayo! :)

jerictine

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #254 on: July 23, 2013, 11:30:46 am »
hi sis charmedlyf, for how long ka nag rest? enough na ba ang 2 weeks or matagal na yun? :P
TIA!

charmedlyf

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #255 on: July 23, 2013, 11:43:10 am »
^Hi sis! After ng transfer bed rest lang ako i only stand pag mag cr. most of the time nakahiga ako or upo pag kakain dto na lang din sa bed.

Di ko masabi kung how long is enough rest kasi after a week ng transfer may schedule na agad ako sa Kato for BHCg. Then since nag positive sabi ni Dr M. ingat ingat pa rin daw so balik lang ako ulit sa bed if tatayo man ako i make sure na hindi matagal.
Pag naliligo pala naka upo ako at saka mabilis lang. Yung upuan na ginamit ko yung monobloc na may sandalan para di ma strain ang likod ko. 

Mga sis wag lang tayo maciado mag worry kasi bawal ang stress talaga during this time
Nakaka bored ang nasa kama lang, pero enjoy nyo na lang din para naman yun sa health ng baby/ies natin. :)

Sa 2ww, mag stock na lang kayo comedy na dvds para may libangan or read books na lang. :)

sbg

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #256 on: July 23, 2013, 01:05:12 pm »
Jac168, here it is. :) Sorry mahaba.
 Profile & History:
Me – 36, PCOS with Cat I (LAT) & II (APAS) immunological issues, coffee-drinker
Husband – 39, normal, non-smoker

IUI#1 clomid + Puregon cycle, BFN  :(
IUI#2 clomid + Puregon cycle, BFP but had miscarriage at 8 weeks,  :( had D&C. I’ve been reading about APAS and asked my OB (then) if I should test for APAS. She told me protocol is to test for APAS after 2 or more miscarriages, I don’t know why. But I insisted on testing for APAS anyway. Result took weeks so we continued TTC while waiting.
IUI#3  + Puregon cycle, BFN  :(
We got APAS result after IUI#3 and decided to change OB (one of the best decisions I ever made). She had me take a series of blood tests to check immunological factors. Results confirmed that aside from PCOS, I was positive for APAS and LAT was 0% so she referred me to an immunologist, Dra. Aleta and we started LIT treatments to get my LAT up. Additionally, she prescribed several vitamins which I continue to take up to now.

Meds and vitamins I’m on (since Sept 2012):
Metformin 500mg, 2x/day
Neurobion 500mg, 1tab/day
VitD3 5000IU, 1tab/day
Thyrax, 1tab/day
Aspirin, 1tab/day
Folic Acid, 1tab/day

I went on 2 cycles of Clomid (increasing dosage each cycle) but results were still negative. Took a few months break and that’s when we started considering IVF while continuing LIT treatments.

- how many times have you done ivf before it became successful?  Where and when did you do ivf in the past?
- in your recent ivf,  how many eggs retrieved?  How many fertilized and how many transferred?  What meds have you taken or injected?  How many times per day?

Ans.: This is my first IVF. We originally planned to go to Taichung. In fact, we were already communicating via email with Dr. Lee in March, hotel arrangements made and were planning to travel to Taichung by June. At that time I was still undergoing LIT with my immunologist and was just waiting to get my LAT to at least 85% (I started at 0% in Nov 2012). My immunologist asked if we were planning to do IVF and happened to mention that one of her patients told her about Kato opening an IVF clinic in Makati. She didn’t know at the time if her patient was successful but I did my research just the same. So we attended the free seminar, but we weren’t so sold to the minimal stimulation protocol because we thought we’ve essentially done them all before (they’re the same as preparations for IUI). That was in March, and since hubby and I already decided on Taichung, we figured we might as well try IUI in Kato while we’re waiting for June to come. So the plan was IUI, but it turned to IVF as detailed below.
CD3 EPLB blood test, Infectious Disease Screening (Husband), B-scope
I was advised to take Clomid (CD 4-13, 1 tab/day) 
CD8 ELP, 100IU Puregon
CD10 100 IU Puregon
CD12 ELP and B-scope – Dr P told us that I had too many eggs (she saw more than 6) that she said IUI would be risky (I might end up like the Octo-mom). We were told that our only options were to proceed with IVF or stop (meaning  no IUI that cycle and try IUI following cycle). Since we’ve already spent almost Ph30k at this point and this was the first time that I had more than 6 mature eggs with minimal stimulation, we decided to proceed with IVF.
CD14 ELP
CD16 Egg Retrieval – they harvested 6 but only 5 were mature. 1reached 3d and 2 reached blastocyst stage. The other 2 arrested. So I had 3 good embryos to choose from. (the 5-days after harvest when you’re asked to call the clinic every day to ask status of your embies were just nerve-wracking)

We could have done the transfer on the following cycle in April but we decided to postpone to July because of work and personal reasons, which I won’t bore you with.  :P

June-July cycle (transfer month)
CD3 ELPF, b-scope
I was told to take Femara CD3-7, 1tab/day and told to come back on CD12. Dr. P asked us how many embryos we wanted to be transferred. We had the following choices:
   Transfer 1 x 3-day embryo on my CD19, and save the 2 blastocysts for future FET’s
   Transfer 2 x 5-day embryo on my CD21, in which case we’ll have 1 left for future FET if this cycle fails.
We had until the next consult day to decide.
CD12 ELP, b-scope – Dr. P said I had 1 mature egg and I should expect to OV by D16. We decided to go with the 2-blastocysts (5-day embryo) because the chance of success was higher (Dr. P explained and showed us a chart)
CD19, transfer day.
   We came in at 8am to do blood tests to make sure my levels are okay for transfer. God the results of the blood test at 9am; Good thing they were okay so transfer was a go. Waited another 2 hours to thaw the frozen embryos. Transfer was very much like IUI so I barely felt any discomfort unlike in the harvest (which was painful for me. I think I have high tolerance to aneasthesia that’s why). The procedure took only 10 mins (maybe less)
Immediately after the transfer, I got up and walked back to the Recovery Room and lied down for 30 mins. After that (and after payment) I was free to go. Dr. M advised me to take Duphaston 1tab 3xday, and Progynova 1 tab 3xday, and Crinone 8% (it’s a progesterone suppository) 1xday for the next 7 days. We were to come back after 7 days for beta HCG blood test.
I laid in bed the rest of that day. Took rest and stayed home for the next 6 days after that.

Waiting for day 7 post transfer was filled with worry and paranoia. I was just watching out for every little change and waiting to feel anything. I don’t know what I was expecting to happen exactly.

Day 7 after FET – blood extracted. The usual 30-45 min wait seemed longer this time. Our number was finally called and as we entered the room I saw Dr. M’s expression was serious and so I was preparing myself to getting bad news. Still with the serious look, Dr. M finally said “…So your HCG is 153, so it’s positive.”  :D I wasn’t sure I heard him correctly so I asked him “huh, did you say positive?!” and he said “Yes.” (still with the serious face). I told him I thought he was gonna say it’s negative judging from his look. He just smiled.
 :) Dr. M told us BHG should double every 2days. We were to come back after 5 days to check BHCG levels again.

Day 12 after FET – blood extracted and BHCG was at 1200, higher than expected. Dr. M says this is a good sign. He said ultrasound will be done after 5 days (d17 post FET). We’re now waiting on that, fingers crossed. 3 days to go.  :-\

- who was your doctor in kato in the recent success?
– Kato doctors were either Dra. Perillo or Dr. Mendiola (whoever’s available the days of your consult). Dra. Perillo did the harvest and Dr Mendiola did the transfer.
I was also continuing to see my immunologist Dra. Aleta.

- what factors you think made you successful in this ivf?  Any secret formula :) ?
I can’t say I did anything different this time and to be honest I still don’t want to get my hopes up at least until we see that sac, heartbeat, and til we get past the 3-month period. I’ve had a previous miscarriage (with my 2nd IUI) at 8 weeks even after we saw the heartbeat.

- what did you do after embryo transfer?  How many days bed rest?  Strict bed rest even eating or wee wee? 
I took 7-day leave from work and just stayed home. Not complete bed rest but I tried not to do anything strenuous.

Did you eat anything that is believed to contribute to the success?
No, not really. I read online that eating pineapple core (I guess that’s the hard stem-like-part of the pineapple) after transfer is supposed to be good for you. Unfortunately, I don’t eat pineapples. (I barely eat any type of fruit and vegetable). I stopped drinking coffee from transfer day. Let me tell you, for someone who takes at least 2cups of coffee a day, it’s a daily struggle.
I still continue to take all my vitamins.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 02:24:17 pm by mama squeak! »

jerictine

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #257 on: July 23, 2013, 01:54:51 pm »
Thank you sis sa lahat ng shinare mo, laking tulong! Congrats again and I'm happy for you. Be safe always. Excited na din tlaga ko. Sana maging okay din yung sa amin...at sa lahat din dito :)

Balitaan ko din kayo pagnagstart na kami sa August cycle ko :)

meg1104

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #258 on: July 23, 2013, 02:18:46 pm »
If first time consultation, best time to go is on the 3rd day of the cycle?

sbg

  • Guest
Re: Ivf- Kato Repro Biotech Center
« Reply #259 on: July 23, 2013, 06:36:42 pm »
If first time consultation, best time to go is on the 3rd day of the cycle?

Meg1104, if first time consultation i suggest at least 2 weeks before your cycle punta ka na kasi if you decide to do IVF, kailangan muna blood tests for you and your husband. So depende sa results yung protocol that they will do for you. Hope this helps.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close