watch now

Author Topic: US TV: Scandal  (Read 37585 times)

hisana

  • Guest
US TV: Scandal
« on: May 26, 2012, 06:09:12 pm »

Anyone else watching this? It's some new political drama created by Shonda Rhimes (Grey's Anatomy) and starring Kerry Washington as Olivia Pope. Seven episodes pa lang.

I'm not a fan of politics, Shonda's shows or Kerry Washington so I wasn't inclined to watch it at first, pero pinanood ko na rin kasi on break yung mga shows that I usually follow, LOL. I think it has potential, though I did not find the first episode that impressive, and their cases seem interesting. Medyo-OA lang minsan talaga si Olivia. Masyadong larger than life, even for a TV character.

One major thing I don't like about it is yung president. He doesn't act lovesick very well and hindi ako kinikilig sa scenes nila ni Olivia. Or baka bwisit lang talaga ako sa mga married men who have affairs!


Mindy

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Scandal
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 09:17:14 pm »
Gave the show a shot for 3 episodes. Gave it up. Not a fan of the lead, not a fan of Shonda Rhimes (she tries so very hard to do an Aaron Sorkis here. FAIL!) Is a fan of two of the characters on the show, but they were not enough to make me stay around and watch. Blogged about the first time I watched it.

I thought this series was gonna be cancelled, but it's getting a second season. Booo! hehe.


enitsirhc

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Scandal
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 12:32:27 am »
Not entirely a fan but I do like watching this TV series.

Makes me want to leave my profession and create a company like that of Olivia Pope - it's not about the rules, the laws but it's about the client.  ;)

I just dont like Olivia Pope's affair with the president.

Parang pilit kasi yung plot na yun.

 :D

hisana

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Scandal
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 10:04:44 pm »

Been watching season 2. Yeah, I totally agree, kahit hanggang ngayon hindi ko pa rin feel yung supposed great love ni Olivia at ni president sa isa't isa. Pilit! But everything else is starting to grow on me. Even Abby. Even the first lady.

enitsirhc

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Scandal
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 10:13:37 pm »
I am loving Huck more and more.  ;D

cherrhys

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Scandal
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 08:03:31 am »
I just started to watched the show but have watched until the latest episode.  I'm actually hooked because of the twists and turns of the story.  The last part of the latest epi was like "What the....??!!"  So I'm not sure where the story is going or what's the point.  Maybe I'll watch some more just to satisfy my curiosity.

simplykristine08

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Scandal
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 02:15:26 am »
I soooo love this series! Parang homeland lang, you can't stop watching kasi ang ganda ng twists!! :)

I love huck too! Grabe, gagawin nila lahat para kay olivia. Can't wait for tomorrow's episode! Nagagwapuhan ako kay president. He really love Olivia.

lady gwenhwyfar

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Scandal
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 12:38:24 pm »
Di ko din gusto si Kerry Washington (Olivia Pope), pero i like the series. not a big fan, but i still watch it.

I also love huck :)

simplykristine08

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Scandal
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 05:37:34 am »
Omg huck, what did you do???

hisana

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Scandal
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2012, 10:15:54 am »

Oo nga, why?! And if the president's injuries are that serious, parang malabo din na makabalik sya sa office, no? I'm guessing rehab for something like that is extensive.

Even after the numerous flashbacks, I'm still not a fan of Olivia and the president's affair. Kahit anong proclamations of love nila, na kesyo you own me, etc. (Masyado na akong cynical at jaded, I know.)

On a lighter note, I love Olivia's outfits.  Parang gusto ko ganun din isuot ko when going to work, pero parang hindi bagay kasi nasa lab lang naman ako, LOL.




simplykristine08

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Scandal
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2012, 04:31:23 pm »
^ kaya nga siguro si vice eh president na. mukhang seryoso talaga ang injuries ni president. iniisip ko bakit kaya ginawa ni huck yun, sino may utos at ewan ko na. nagagwapuhan ako kay president!! :D hindi ko maimagine na ganun ang ugali ng asawa ni mr. president kasi mas kilala ko sya sa criminal minds as hotch's girlfriend :D

hisana

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Scandal
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2012, 05:41:26 pm »
I've always thought there was something off about huck's gf, but I did not suspect na killer sya! Did not see that coming. About Verna's move to out huck in order to save her career, hindi na ako nagulat. I hear they do that all the time in politics, LOL. Papakawalan pa kaya si huck sa lagay na ito...or maybe ang mangyayari is makikipagtulungan na lang sya sa feds para mahuli si becky, let's hope.

Ang awkward ng scene between abby and david. What the hell was that.


simplykristine08

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Scandal
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2012, 03:27:17 pm »
^ same here sa gf ni huck. lalo nung nasa AA meeting sila, alam ko merong kakaiba sa babaeng to. at tama ang hinala ko, she's there to set huck up. relieved ako na hindi nga si huck ang killer. at grabe talaga ang epekto din ni olivia sakanilang lahat. i know na ang pinakareason ni huck for not leaving with his gf eh dahil hindi eto willing ibigay ang name nya pero im pretty sure merong effect pa rin yung usapan nila ni olivia.

grabe nga ang ginawa ni verna. ang dumi talaga ng pulitika!

patriotic act, ano yun? sorry engs lang! sana makalabas sya!!

i just found out na gay pala si huck in real life :D

alinkshel

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Scandal
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2013, 11:22:48 pm »
I just finished watching the latest episode of season 2 and I find the series very interesting. Perhaps dahil medyo relate ako sa ”manipulative” nature ng work nila, or I simply find President Grant charming. Hehe...

But I must agree, I’m also not fascinated with the actors. I’m not saying they’re not good but I only see Fitz and Huck’s portrayal as something to look forward to. Actually, I’m always distracted by Olivia’s lips, among other things.

I’m kind of intrigued on where this will lead. I’m seeing Hollis as the main stirrer, but who knows it might be larger than that.

simplykristine08

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Scandal
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2013, 01:54:51 pm »
^ i also like huck and charming nga si fitz :)

ebiko

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Scandal
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 04:14:48 pm »
President Grant on olivia "don't wait for me"  :'(

she broke the engagement with the senator, because Fitz told her to do so, and by the turn of events, the death of lady justice Verna  -- Fitz had a change of heart?! 


can't wait for the next episode.

simplykristine08

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Scandal
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 04:20:53 pm »
^ true. grabe din si verna, pinapatay nya si fitz. what a friend!! i think it's when he found out that they rigged the election. tapos kasali si olivia. ang taas siguro ng tingin nya kay olivia and he wasn't expecting that she's capable of such thing.

ang charming ni president fitz!

ebiko

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Scandal
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 04:20:54 pm »
^ same here sa gf ni huck. lalo nung nasa AA meeting sila, alam ko merong kakaiba sa babaeng to. at tama ang hinala ko, she's there to set huck up. relieved ako na hindi nga si huck ang killer. at grabe talaga ang epekto din ni olivia sakanilang lahat. i know na ang pinakareason ni huck for not leaving with his gf eh dahil hindi eto willing ibigay ang name nya pero im pretty sure merong effect pa rin yung usapan nila ni olivia.

grabe nga ang ginawa ni verna. ang dumi talaga ng pulitika!

patriotic act, ano yun? sorry engs lang! sana makalabas sya!!
 

huck is already free, since sarah langston  is an "illegal" president -- dahil buhay pa si President Grant, her authority over the so-called violation of Huck regarding patriotic act is illegal, thus he was freed from being tortured by the CIAs.

simplykristine08

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Scandal
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 04:27:21 pm »
^ ow, okay. thanks sis!

ebiko

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Scandal
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2013, 04:29:27 pm »
^ true. grabe din si verna, pinapatay nya si fitz. what a friend!! i think it's when he found out that they rigged the election. tapos kasali si olivia. ang taas siguro ng tingin nya kay olivia and he wasn't expecting that she's capable of such thing.

ang charming ni president fitz!


yes! ang guwapo nga niya ... i also love, milly, her strength, and the gift of gab, kasama na din ang pag-aarte, para lang ma-save si fitz ;D 

and yes, i find her way of interrogating the 2 security escorts of the president para lang mag-confess sila kung bakit biglang nagbago yung mood ni fitz after nila manghuli ng ducks, na magbabanggit siya ng name, at kapag sa tingin ng mga security escorts e yun ang taong tinutukoy niya -- blink lang sila ...  ;D at nabuking nga sila dahil nung sinabi yung name ni olivia, pareho silang nag-blink. effective!

dapat yata pinapanood ito ng COMELEC at mga candidates, it is so easy to "RIG" an election, memory card/card reader [?!] lang ang kailangan ...

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close