watch now

Author Topic: I can't understand my mom :(  (Read 6097 times)

kvandenhaak

  • Guest
Re: I can't understand my mom :(
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2012, 05:46:03 am »
I read something about parenting before na as a parent, you want to give everything to your child and you want to always be there no matter what. That's inevitable. But one of the best measures of being a good parent is when you are able to equip your kids to make the right decisions even if you're not there :) Dont lose hope ilovesiomai, just be there for your mom and if you can too, talk to your brothers din :)

I'm a mom of a 2nd grader and this is what I always tell my child na dapat matuto syang maging independent kasi I won't be around forever. I just attended a parenting seminar in our church about two weeks ago and of the parenting skills that mentioned is that we should learn to keep the balance between love and puting borderlines. I don't want my child to be weak and immature. Nakakaawa sila!

lonelymiss28

  • Guest
Re: I can't understand my mom :(
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2012, 07:40:19 am »
ilove.siomai: noong magco-college na ako ayaw akong pag-aralin ng mama ko, she even encourage my papa na hwag nga akong pag-aralin. so itold myself na walang ibang tutulong sa akin kundi sarili ko lang talaga, so i ask help from my aunt na gusto ko talagang mag-aral kaso walang pampa aral sa akin, and God is so good talaga kasi binigyan nya ako ng pang start sa college and the rest is history and oo nga pala noong 3rd tr college ako nag start na ako mag part-time (tutor) then ako nag nagbabayad ng schooling ko since then and di na rin ako tumigil sa pag work.

my point is kung talagang gusto mo makatapos di issue ang walang pera, gawa ka ng paraan kung kelangan na humingi ng tulong sa mga kamag anak hingi ka, kung kelangan dun ka tumira para in exchange na makatulong ka sa kanila gawin mo. always think 5 years ahead sa future mo ....ano ang gusto mo maging in 5 years na kelangan mong paghandaan ngayon???

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: I can't understand my mom :(
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2012, 12:30:04 am »
kvandenhaak - Agree. That's why it shocks me how some of my  friends who are also mothers are proud to say that their kids dont know anything about life. One of my friends are so happy to share stories about how 'baby' her 17-year old son is na hinde daw marunong mag de-shell ng shrimps and didnt know what to do when the flush in the toilet didnt work. I seriously can not comprehend how she can find it amusing when it's basically like sending your son unaarmed in a battle.

Msfi

  • Guest
Re: I can't understand my mom :(
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2012, 01:17:58 am »
^^i agree with sis lonelymiss28, ilove.soimai  Hindi dap at maging hindrance sa gusto mong mag aral ang wala kayong pera. If you really want to finish your studies, go work for it. You don't  just sit and wait til you have the money para makapag-aral ka. Paano kung Hindi manage ang situation nyo?  Masakit nga Lang isipin na your parents are wasting their money sa mga walang katuturan, pero malay mo Baka makonsensya mom mo pag nakitang nagpapakahirap ka para may mangyari sa buhay mo at matauhan. But don't wait for that to happen, sayang  ang oras.

I have a friend who had to enroll every other year kasi she works and save in-between. She didn't want her grades to suffer pag mag working student sya kay a ganun ginawa nya. She's able to ge a good job after graduating and now nasa states na sya. 

kvandenhaak

  • Guest
Re: I can't understand my mom :(
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2012, 02:56:29 am »
kvandenhaak - Agree. That's why it shocks me how some of my  friends who are also mothers are proud to say that their kids dont know anything about life. One of my friends are so happy to share stories about how 'baby' her 17-year old son is na hinde daw marunong mag de-shell ng shrimps and didnt know what to do when the flush in the toilet didnt work. I seriously can not comprehend how she can find it amusing when it's basically like sending your son unaarmed in a battle.

Because in the Philippines, it sound sosyal. Where else can you see 30 years old with yaya? The heck? In other countries, you will be bullied because they think you're a wimp if you don't even know some basic skills.

lonelymiss28

  • Guest
Re: I can't understand my mom :(
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2012, 02:55:18 am »
marami ring pilipinong ganyan dito sa canada ayaw nilang pagawin mga anak nila and very proud silang sabihing anak ko walang alam sa pag fix ng mga gamit sa bahay.

one time may tinirhan kaming pinoy and since asawa ko mahilig mag carpentero, he painted the deck grabeh naghanap ng ibang ipapa trabaho sa asawa ko . nahihiya lang kami kaya ginawa na rin ng asawa ko pero sabi ko last na yun. my husband installed potlights sa buong kitchen and fix all the cabinets and ang reason ng friend namin di alam ng anak nyang gumawa ng ganon (hes in his 30s na) so sa iba na lang nya ipapagawa yun. mula noon di na kami nakituloy dun at kaya lang naman kami nakituloy dahil nahiya lang din kami at kaibigan nga namin at sobra nang-insist na dun kami tumuloy. geezzz!!!

Longhair

  • Guest
Re: I can't understand my mom :(
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2012, 02:04:51 pm »
Talk to your mom sis. Ask her, if by helping your brother, does it make him better or worse?  Kasi kung lumalala & panay pa rin tulong nya, then she'd better be ready for the worst.

I totally agree sis, kung ayaw makinig ng Mom mo sayo, focus ka na lang sa school.
Let her handle all the drama, anyway, kagagawan naman nila yan.  Pray ka sis for
Him to touch your Mom & your brother's heart.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close