Author Topic: Solo Parent Welfare Act  (Read 49359 times)

atemai

• entrepreneur
  • Super GirlTalker
  • pwetty me
    • my blog :)
Re: Solo Parent Welfare Act
« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2013, 01:27:19 pm »

^ thank you, @slickchick :)

my son stays with my mom in leyte and i work in cebu.  san po ako dapat kumuha ng id? :) 

tuwing birthday lang naman ng anak pumupunta sa house ng mama ko ang ex ko, he buys toys and chocolates for and wala talagang ni ha ni ho or any other means support other times of the year. 
The 7 wonders of the world: to see, to hear, to touch, to taste, to feel, to laugh and to love

slickchick

• WaRpEd & TwIsTeD
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Enjoying the Best of Both Worlds...
« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2013, 01:42:33 pm »
^ sis, so basically, you go home to leyte to see your son and your mom? if that's the case, i think it would be better if you apply for your Solo Parent ID in Leyte. one of the requirements kasi is barangay clearance and the clearance usually comes from your barangay of residence. in case naman you need to avail of the solo parent leaves sa work, your Solo Parent ID that was issued in leyte should be honored in cebu (your place of work), as long as para sa son mo yung paggagamitan mo ng leaves mo.  :)

P.S. I hope your mom and your son were not badly affected by typhoon Yolanda. hope they're ok.  :)
Sky above me... Earth below me... Fire within me...

freelancer_babe

• I'm a
  • Super GirlTalker
    • The Lady Programmer
« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2013, 07:27:05 am »
Solo Parent welfare act is advantageous to single moms working for a local employer.

I'm a freelancer, daming benefits ang di ko makuha because I'm basically self-employed. Like, I can't apply for solo parent leave, because it doesn't apply to freelancers. Walang leave ang mga self-employed/freelancers.
Catch a man a fish and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity. (Karl Marx)

slickchick

• WaRpEd & TwIsTeD
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #83 on: December 16, 2013, 05:22:15 pm »
^ sis, in terms of the solo parent leaves, it would be difficult for you to avail it. i guess even if you're a contractual, it would still be difficult (i.e. no work, no pay policy for contractuals). not for anything and with due respect to your being a freelancer, being self-employed would give you more flexibility in terms of planning out your schedule. unlike employed single moms who have to follow the usual office/company hours and usual work days. I do hope amendments would be made to the Solo Parent welfare act to cover not only work leaves and work schedules. I hope it can be structured, similar to how the Senior Citizens law works - i.e. providing discount to children's medicines, clothing, school supplies, and even tuition fees.

freelancer_babe

• I'm a
  • Super GirlTalker
    • The Lady Programmer
« Reply #84 on: December 16, 2013, 10:14:41 pm »
^ oo nga no? pati pala contractual kawawa.

yap sis, there are pains to being a freelancer. i like the flexibility, but unlike what most think, not all freelancers do have that time flexibility (there are freelancers who still work on a fixed schedule). not to mention we don't have benefits and bonuses.

i really do hope there's more to get from the solo parent welfare act. having plenty of discounts will help a lot.
Catch a man a fish and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity. (Karl Marx)

momentum

• Super GirlTalker
  • ♠ Get What You Give ♠
« Reply #85 on: December 27, 2013, 02:18:52 pm »
I just came home from the Municipal of Paranaque to have my Solo Parent I.D renewed.
To my surprise, ang daming hinihingi na nila ngayon na requirements!!  >:( kala ko 1x1 i.d picture nalang yung kelangan, yun pala they have this new rule to submit the following requirements!!:

http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t534/helperpics/445742A1-0B3E-4A4C-A5A7-4D58A6633AE1_zpsbt3gshxc.jpg

They told me all documents that i have to present should be in year 2014 like the affidavit, baranggay certification etc . And once you submit the requirements, you have to wait 30 days for it to be processed PLUS my visitation pa from their office sa house ninyo to verify

This sucks!! >:(  >:(
----♣ Get Busy Living, or Get Busy Dying ♣----

sexykha

• GirlTalker
« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2014, 10:06:17 am »
I just came home from the Municipal of Paranaque to have my Solo Parent I.D renewed.
To my surprise, ang daming hinihingi na nila ngayon na requirements!!  >:( kala ko 1x1 i.d picture nalang yung kelangan, yun pala they have this new rule to submit the following requirements!!:

http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t534/helperpics/445742A1-0B3E-4A4C-A5A7-4D58A6633AE1_zpsbt3gshxc.jpg

They told me all documents that i have to present should be in year 2014 like the affidavit, baranggay certification etc . And once you submit the requirements, you have to wait 30 days for it to be processed PLUS my visitation pa from their office sa house ninyo to verify

OMG talaga? klngan dated 2014 na? e late December lang ako ngcompile ng requirements ko, for submission na lang.. oh no! sana accept pa din nila :(

lovely_carrot

• Senior GirlTalker
  • I'm a little bit of everything all rolled into one
« Reply #87 on: January 09, 2014, 11:59:27 am »
^Sis saan pwede kumuha ng application form? wala bang na da download lang online?
God help you if you are an ugly girl but too pretty is also your doom, 'cause everyone harbors a secret hatred for the prettiest girl in the room ~32 flavors

sexykha

• GirlTalker
« Reply #88 on: January 09, 2014, 01:09:45 pm »
^Sis saan pwede kumuha ng application form? wala bang na da download lang online?

sa dswd mismo kung san ka located, like ako sa pasig :)
may list of requirements na din dun..

mariadj

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2014, 05:44:35 pm »
mga sis, pano magpa renew ng mag eexpire na card? Should it be a month before or after? kasi in my case, umabot ng almost 3 months yung application ko eh, tapos do I have to go to the same process pa rin ba?
TIA
"For You did form my inward parts; You did knit me together in my mother's womb." - Psalm 139:13

slickchick

• WaRpEd & TwIsTeD
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2014, 08:52:13 pm »

sis, sobrang hassle naman yan... but i think depende sa city where you reside. sa quezon city kasi, hindi naman ganyan yung requirement sa pagri-renew. need lang dalhin yung old solo parent ID. and then a short interview. pero need pa rin mag-antay ng ilang araw bago makuha yung new ID.

lovely_carrot

• Senior GirlTalker
  • I'm a little bit of everything all rolled into one
« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2014, 03:58:30 pm »
How about yung affidavit sis? san kumukuha nun?

thanks in advance  :)
God help you if you are an ugly girl but too pretty is also your doom, 'cause everyone harbors a secret hatred for the prettiest girl in the room ~32 flavors

keebler

• Probationary
« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2014, 01:00:42 am »
I also tried applying for a Solo Parent ID. Went to our City Hall. Bastos ng andon sa desk. I was with my boyfriend (who is not the dad of my son) that time and she right away assumed we lived together by saying "Naku ma'am, di ka maaapprove nyan kung magkasama na kayo sa bahay." I asked her "Pano mo naman nasabing magkasama kami sa house? And she responded by saying "Eh magkasama kayo." What a stupid answer! l then asked her if she gets paid for what she's doing or volunteer work ba, sabi nya empleyado sya don so I told her "You are not paid to assume, you are paid to assist people who come here to your office." Then I talked to the person beside her if they have a form or list of requirements and she handed me one and she was much nicer too.
By the way this is in Muntinlupa.

slickchick

• WaRpEd & TwIsTeD
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #93 on: February 03, 2014, 12:28:55 pm »
^ naku sis.. may mga ganyang city hall employees talaga. i'm not sure if it is in this thread or another single-parent thread here in GT that a sis complained about a case similar to yours - na kasama si bf sa cityhall then nag-assume si social worker. i'm just thankful that in quezon city hall, mababait naman yung mga social workers (or at least yung mga natatapatan ko). may pagka-chismosa lang minsan, like they ask me (while waiting) ilang years ka na single parent, bakit hindi ka na pa mag-asawa or mag-boyfriend ulit.. medyo pabiro naman kasi yung pagtatanong nila so i just ride along by answering "ay naku mam, ayaw ko po ata mag-asawa pa.. sayang ho kasi yung additional 7 days solo parent leave ko eh.. "... hehe..  :D

momentum

• Super GirlTalker
  • ♠ Get What You Give ♠
« Reply #94 on: February 05, 2014, 11:22:13 am »
sis, sobrang hassle naman yan... but i think depende sa city where you reside. sa quezon city kasi, hindi naman ganyan yung requirement sa pagri-renew. need lang dalhin yung old solo parent ID. and then a short interview. pero need pa rin mag-antay ng ilang araw bago makuha yung new ID.

ganun ba sis?! ang unfair naman :P bakit depende pa sa lugar? hindi ba dapat pare parehas lang lahat? dahil pare parehas lang naman ang benefits of the solo parent act to all single moms diba?? grrrr

slickchick

• WaRpEd & TwIsTeD
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #95 on: February 05, 2014, 01:03:47 pm »
^ not sure din sis bakit iba iba according to city. pero dito sa amin sa QC, kapag renewal, need lang talaga dalhin yung expired na card. and yes, same lang din naman ang benefits ng solo parents regardless where you reside.

kiaramae_0403

• GirlTalker
« Reply #96 on: February 08, 2014, 11:56:05 am »
Sa Valenzuela madali lang din magrenew ng solo parent, wala ng hinanap na ibang requirements nung pinakita ko yung old Solo parent ID ko. Konting interview na lang.

enzicey

• GirlTalker
« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2014, 05:27:33 pm »
Ask ko lang mga sisses, nagcconduct pa talaga sila ng house visit to verify if your child is in your custody? Kasi nag-apply ako sa Makati last week, I gathered all requirements except yung affidavit before going to MSWD, so meron akong brgy certificate, indicating my current residency and ceritifying that I am a solo parent, tapos ITR, photocopy of IDs, 2 pcs 1x1 pic, and birth certificate of my kid showing that his surname is same as mine (I'm not married).  So pagpunta ko nga sa MSWD 4/F, chineck yung mga requirements ko then sinabihan ako kumuha ng affidavit na nasa 18th floor pa. Kumuha naman ako for P50. Pagbalik ko sa office ng MSWD, ibang tao na humarap saken at ininterview na ko.  Sinabi ko na 6 mos pa lang ako sa makati nagrrent, while yung anak ko nasa cavite, at umuuwi ako every weekend. Na-decline ako, inadvise ako na hindi nila pwede i-approve kasi daw hindi sila mkakapaghouse visit kung wala rin pala sa makati yung bata, dapat daw sa Cavite ako mag-apply.  Ok na sakin un, I'll just go to Cavite pero sayang lang din kasi yung effort. Nag-leave pa ko sa office para lang asikasuhin.
They stare and make a fuss. One question: Jealous much?

slickchick

• WaRpEd & TwIsTeD
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2014, 06:21:46 pm »
^ hi sis. ilang years na rin ako may Solo Parent ID, and not once did i experience a house visit (from QC area). though every year na nagri-renew ako, laging may interview just to check if single parent pa rin ako, is my son with me, and how's he doing. siguro lang sis, nagkataon na my kid stays with me and lagi ko naman sinasabi yun during the yearly renewal interview kaya hindi pa ako nakaka-experience ng house visit. siguro sis, before proceeding to Cavite, try mo na rin muna tawagan yung social services dept dun, para prepared mo na lahat ng requirements, and mailinaw mo na rin sa kanila yung case mo na working ka in Makati but your child resides in Cavite.  :)

momentum

• Super GirlTalker
  • ♠ Get What You Give ♠
« Reply #99 on: February 11, 2014, 08:44:30 am »
WOW sis enzicey, bakit ang mura ng affidavit mo?
Last year I paid P300 for this..at hindi ako mismo pinakuha sa loob ng city hall, sabi sakin dun sa may Law Office sa labas.

Feeling ko corrupt yung Pque City Hall.  >:(
My aunt got her postal ID sa Post office mismo sa may Paranaque parin but not in City hall and it costed her P200+..samantalang my other aunt got hers sa Pque City Hall and it costed her P300+

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close