Author Topic: Solo Parent Welfare Act  (Read 56099 times)

freelancer_babe

• I'm a
  • Super GirlTalker
    • The Lady Programmer
Re: Solo Parent Welfare Act
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2013, 06:53:34 pm »
^ ayos ah, masubukan nga.

sana applicable rin sa akin ang medicine discount.
Catch a man a fish and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity. (Karl Marx)

babyboo.0326

• Senior GirlTalker
  • "Believe..."
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2013, 01:27:10 am »
^^ yup happened to me. may scholarship na binibigay yung private school na pinapasukan ng kid ko. the school still ask proof of income (or no income, from the barangay) at kailangan below a specific income (sa school ng kid ko P85,000 for the single parent). tapos, may interview rin.

hi, sis!

ask ko lang, did you go to the school and asked if they offer scholarship for single parents? ang prob ko kasi, nag-exam na before yung anak ko and then pumasa naman siya, so he gets 10k less na sa tuition fee niya every school year until he graduates from high school. baka hindi na nila i-offer sakin yung single parent scholarship because of that. :-\
"One should always be in love. That is the reason why one should never marry.  -  Oscar Wilde"

freelancer_babe

• I'm a
  • Super GirlTalker
    • The Lady Programmer
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2013, 06:31:49 am »
^ You can always ask naman, para maaga pa lang applied na ang scholarship - I mean without spending funds.

Sa school ng kid ko, these scholarships are announced later. Kumbaga binabayaran ko pa ang tuition fee bago nila i-announce na may scholarship pala. So the refund happens later.

Usually din sis ganun, pag inavail mo na ang isang scholarship, di na pwede sa isa pa. Do ask around.
Catch a man a fish and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity. (Karl Marx)

babypink1109

« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2013, 06:52:22 am »
HR namin announced this na last year pero pending parin daw until they get a word from legal. :( Ang samin naman, additional 7 days lang na leave.

momentum

• Super GirlTalker
  • ♠ Get What You Give ♠
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2013, 06:55:05 am »
mga sis ano yung scholarship na inooffer sa inyo? and what level in elementary inooffer ito?
sorry for the stupid question hehe, kasi my daughter is going to school for the first time this June
I wanna avail sana this in the future..ito kasi kinakatakutan ko, ang tuition fees :(
----♣ Get Busy Living, or Get Busy Dying ♣----

slickchick

• WaRpEd & TwIsTeD
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Enjoying the Best of Both Worlds...
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2013, 08:32:34 am »
additional question na rin to sis momentum's question -- is the scholarship thing offered by DepEd or DSWD? or depende sa school ng bata? ang mahal na kasi ng tuition fees ngayon, especially sa private schools. kaya lang syempre, as mothers, we want to give our kids the best education possible. so kahit mahal, i really try to put my son in a private school. thanks in advance mga sis!
Sky above me... Earth below me... Fire within me...

freelancer_babe

• I'm a
  • Super GirlTalker
    • The Lady Programmer
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2013, 08:50:18 am »
mga sis ano yung scholarship na inooffer sa inyo? and what level in elementary inooffer ito?

Sa school ng kid ko, the scholarship is offered late - kung kailan nakapagbayad na ng first installment saka pa lang i-a-announce. The scholarship is offered by the school, and it depends sa income ng single parent. The last time I asked, the requirement for a single parent was - less than P85,000 per annum income ang qualified.

Meron ding scholarship sa school ng kid for those na nakapag-top sa batch nila. You know, those first and second honors - they get full or half tuition fee discount for the next year's tuition.

Magha-high school na ang kid ko, and she wants to be in the junior band - may scholarship na naman doon which I try to apply kung makuha ang kid ko sa band.

But well, do go ask your school. Mas maganda kung sa enrollment pa lang, may scholarship na agad. But in my case, cash out pa muna ako bago makapag-apply ng mga scholarships.

additional question na rin to sis momentum's question -- is the scholarship thing offered by DepEd or DSWD? or depende sa school ng bata? ang mahal na kasi ng tuition fees ngayon, especially sa private schools. kaya lang syempre, as mothers, we want to give our kids the best education possible. so kahit mahal, i really try to put my son in a private school. thanks in advance mga sis!

I don't think private schools offered DepEd or DSWD scholarships - I never encountered one. Maybe the reason why such is not offered by DepEd or DSWD is that you have the option to put the kid in a public school (there are good public school around naman, especially the public science high schools which also beats a lot regular private high schools) where the tuition is Free or minimal because these schools are paid by our own taxes.

slickchick

• WaRpEd & TwIsTeD
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2013, 08:55:52 am »
^ thanks sa info sis. my son is just an incoming grade 2 student. and honestly, and with due respect to public schools, there are only a handful public elementary schools that are at par with their private counterparts. but i am considering and open to enrolling him in a science high school, especially if he continues to exhibit academic excellence later on.

momentum

• Super GirlTalker
  • ♠ Get What You Give ♠
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2013, 08:59:12 am »
freelancer_babe thank you sis for the info! will definetly ask the school kung may ganito :)

freelancer_babe

• I'm a
  • Super GirlTalker
    • The Lady Programmer
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2013, 09:03:59 am »
^^ True it's probably difficult to get a good public elementary schools.

But I think we both agree a public science high school is better and it would save us money in the long run. We could just put those funds into a more expensive college degree instead (think - doctor, pilot?). Unfortunately my kid couldn't make it into science high, but I still have chances of getting scholarship with her joining the school band in a private high school (though I still have to spend money on her music lessons outside the school).

^ No problem. Try mo kayang tumawag sa school to save time.

babyboo.0326

• Senior GirlTalker
  • "Believe..."
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2013, 08:13:27 pm »
^Thanks, sis! I'll call school agad. Tapos aayusin ko na rin yung solo parent ID ko. Sana lang pwede pa, makikiusap nanaman ako dahil may backlog pa ako from previous school year na hindi ko pa nababayaran eh  :(
"One should always be in love. That is the reason why one should never marry.  -  Oscar Wilde"

maribel

• Who travels for love finds a thousand miles not longer than one.
  • Close tgether or far apart you're 4ver in my heart
    • Freelance Service at it's best..
« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2013, 08:31:21 pm »
This is very helpful after my one year in my company I'll process na rin siguro my Solo Parent Welfare Act
"To truly love something, you must first give it a chance to fail. If it survives, it is going to be stronger than ever. Distance is pure proof of this, and forever we will love if we survive."

slickchick

• WaRpEd & TwIsTeD
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2013, 12:38:03 pm »
^ process mo na sis yung Solo Parent ID mo.. the 7 days additional leave are really very helpful, especially if your kid is already studying - magagamit mo from enrollment up to yung kung may school events yung bata na dapat present ka. ako nagagamit ko rin if i need to rush my son sa doctor kung may sakit. in my company, they just require that the Solo Parent ID is presented when filing for the leave. usually ganun naman ang requirement.

anniegurl

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2013, 07:53:26 am »
SPLs are really helpful and usually approved to agad specially if valid talaga yung reasons like school activities, check ups etc etc

momentum

• Super GirlTalker
  • ♠ Get What You Give ♠
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2013, 08:09:22 am »
has anyone tried to renew their solo parent i.d recently?
how was the process and any requirements?

slickchick

• WaRpEd & TwIsTeD
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2013, 02:38:55 pm »
^ sis, sa QC area, you just have to bring your old solo parent ID. and tatanungin ka lang ng a few questions (tipong nangangamusta lang - to verify if solo parent ka pa rin). medyo matagal lang ang pagiintay kasi chini-check pa ata nila if single pa rin. in my case inabot ng mga 2 hrs bago na-release new ID ko. however, may nakasabay ako na sinabihan na bumalik after 2 or 3 days kasi may ichi-check pa daw. iam not sure kung ano yung need i-check sa kanya.

momentum

• Super GirlTalker
  • ♠ Get What You Give ♠
« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2013, 03:02:53 pm »
^ ok sis thank you

kath103084

• Devil May Cry
« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2013, 05:59:24 pm »
Pajoin..

I've already enjoyed the benefits( benefit talaga?:-) ) of 7 days Leave with pay on top of my regular SL/VL. due to this SPWA.
Take my advice — I'm not using it.

atemai

• entrepreneur
  • Super GirlTalker
  • pwetty me
    • my blog :)
« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2013, 11:52:59 am »

what if wala proof na annulled na, pwede pa din makakuha ng solo parent id? kasi hiwalay na kami ng asawa ko for 4years and 11months na, our son is with me; but hindi pa kami nagpa-file ng annullment. 
The 7 wonders of the world: to see, to hear, to touch, to taste, to feel, to laugh and to love

slickchick

• WaRpEd & TwIsTeD
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2013, 12:56:08 pm »
^ sis, sa pagkakaalam ko, in your case, dapat ma-prove mo na your (ex)-hubby abandoned you.. tipong walang contact and support sa son mo. with regards to the number of years na dapat hiwalay or no-contact na kayo, di ako sure about it.. try getting in touch with the DSWD or social services branch in your city of residence. sila rin mag-assess sa eligibility mo, in case you apply for a Solo Parent ID. hope this helps.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close