watch now

Author Topic: Obagi Users Thread 3  (Read 42949 times)

mizteaza

  • Guest
Re: Obagi Users Thread 3
« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2014, 12:54:50 am »
^ googled the La Lumier by Uno. Uno is a networking company is it? Anyways, obagi is produced in the states and the set from uno doesn't look like it has been approved and produced in the states. Obagi makes their own products. they dont hire another company to make it for them. So I think it couldnt be the same manufacturer.

cherness

  • Guest
Re: Obagi Users Thread 3
« Reply #101 on: April 14, 2014, 06:53:34 pm »
been using obagi nuderm for 4 weeks now. i still have that flaky skin peeling galore though ang puti na ng leeg at face ko pantay na sa kamay ko hehe.. do you have an idea how long will the peeling last? medyo atat na ko mawala to para di na ko magpowder.

unboreddiva

  • Guest
Re: Obagi Users Thread 3
« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2014, 05:43:26 pm »
Statement by Dr. Obagi on why he left Obagi Medical (he now has ZO Medical):
https://www.zoskinhealth.com/dr-obagi/obagi-medical-products-inc

"The focus for OMP became making shareholders happy and meeting numbers. The company was creating products that were not based on my philosophy of skin health restoration, which was very difficult for me. I became very uncomfortable with that because the products were a deviation from my philosophy.

In addition to that, I wanted to continue evolving my products so that they were relevant to what we were learning about skin health. As I said, skin health science is evolving and we owe it to our patients to constantly improve our products based on what we are learning about skin. I was committed to skin health but once the company went public it became clear that my priorities were not in line with OMP’s goals."

I came across this article because I, too, was curious as to why Belo was prescribing ZO Medical by Dr. Zein Obagi to me.  :)

OD

  • Guest
Re: Obagi Users Thread 3
« Reply #103 on: July 26, 2014, 12:22:31 pm »
Reviving the thread :)

I just started with the regimen. I'm using the set except for the toner and cleansing gel since I do OCM and I still have a full bottle of witch hazel.

I was advised to do it every other day and its only been a week since but I do recognize noteworthy surface improvement. I've several bumps that looks like milia but essentially are deeply rooted comedones that seemed to take years of exfoliation before they'd be ripe for extraction. I've grown averse with extraction na kasi. I was using selected Beauche products prior and M2 lotion but the combo just won't cut it for those stubborn blocked pores. Miraculously, most have gone up to the surface nearly ripe for gentile extraction.

I'm also supplementing the regimen with a massage technique I got from the raw foodist Tonya Zavasta and that has helped incredibly with managing shedding skin. Surprisingly, vigorous rubbing of such nature seems to help with taming the inflammation caused by the rapid exfoliation. Maybe it's bec the skin draws more blood to surface skin thus alleviating inflamed skin.

This is such a finance hog though so I'm already scouting for cheaper sources. Meron sa olx, formerly sulit, and offers the full-sized product for nearly a third of the SRP. I wonder if anyone here has tried those and if the products proved to be authentic.

Veevee

  • Guest
Re: Obagi Users Thread 3
« Reply #104 on: August 08, 2014, 07:46:03 pm »
been using obagi nuderm for 4 weeks now. i still have that flaky skin peeling galore though ang puti na ng leeg at face ko pantay na sa kamay ko hehe.. do you have an idea how long will the peeling last? medyo atat na ko mawala to para di na ko magpowder.

Hi sis! How's your face and neck now? Are you done with the program? I'm on my 6th week of Obagi [textspeak!] Derm from HOO and my skin is still peeling like crazy. My skin lightened a bit pero it's often namumula and talagang flaky esp in the afternoon onwards. I wonder when will the flaking and peeling ever stop? Also my doctor told me to undergo Ultra Peel while into the program. Sabi nya, aside from doing the usual regimen, she also introduce chemical peeling. I wonder why? Does that mean the results in me for the (base on the past 5 weeks) is not as expected or hoped for? TIA :)

angelvenus

  • Guest
Re: Obagi Users Thread 3
« Reply #105 on: November 22, 2014, 11:44:07 pm »
Sisses any update here sa obagi? Those usjng this po, anymore feedback. Balak ko pa lang kasi bumili. Thanks

juana_antonia

  • Guest
Re: Obagi Users Thread 3
« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2014, 01:12:06 am »
^Sis Obagi is really effective if used properly. May downtime nga lang talaga, and ayun nga, expect mo na parati ka magpi-peel, but that is how you renew your skin talaga e. I have used this for years, and pag nag-stop ako nawawala ang glow ng skin, iba talaga pag naka-Obagi. HTH :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Obagi Users Thread 3
« Reply #107 on: November 23, 2014, 10:32:59 am »
^ sis me too Ive been using Obagi for years but I am starting to get scared of hydroquinone use especially since this is banned in Europe. Ive been trying to look for an alternative product and might try Zein Obagi brightenex. Problem is, you can't purchase it online and can only buy in Belo. Its 7800 for one bottle =( And I am not even sure if it will work as well as Obagi blender and clean.


juana_antonia

  • Guest
Re: Obagi Users Thread 3
« Reply #108 on: November 23, 2014, 05:30:09 pm »
^That is why ia thought I won't be able to buy Clear and Blender here since both are HQ based but meron naman, prescription is needed nga lang. I am in England btw. Ang dalang ko lang gamitin, especially sa weather here, dapat i-taper talaga ang dose.  I am scared to change kasi baka may downtime na naman yikes. But let us know if you're on it na para may feedback. :)

angelvenus

  • Guest
Re: Obagi Users Thread 3
« Reply #109 on: November 23, 2014, 07:45:21 pm »
Ok lang po ba to use this for a long time? Pano if maintenance na lang, ano na lang gagamitin?  Ilang days o weeks ang downtime? Also may procedure pa ba like facial during treatment? Thanks po.

angelvenus

  • Guest
Re: Obagi Users Thread 3
« Reply #110 on: November 23, 2014, 08:54:04 pm »
Sis ang target ko sana is [textspeak!] acne, acne scars and bumps (comedones)? Ok ba for me to  use obagi? For the whole set i need to shell out 28k so i need to research first before purchasing kasi sayang ang 28k kung hindi magwork. Thanks sa advice po

juana_antonia

  • Guest
Re: Obagi Users Thread 3
« Reply #111 on: November 23, 2014, 10:26:30 pm »
^Matipid naman sis ang Obagi, first few weeks lang magastos. Halos one year umaabot sa akin ang one set. Ang downtime usually three weeks lalo na first time. Mag-improve appearance ng scars mo.

angelvenus

  • Guest
Re: Obagi Users Thread 3
« Reply #112 on: November 23, 2014, 11:17:09 pm »
Saan po ba bukod sa house of obagi i can buy the product? Kasi sa HOO advice nila is buong set na meron pa nong professional C, from other line ng obagi. Baka sa ibang derm clinic iadvise nila na kahit hindi complete is ok lang sa kanila. Thanks again po

angelvenus

  • Guest
Re: Obagi Users Thread 3
« Reply #113 on: November 24, 2014, 07:59:47 pm »
 Thanks sis chili1113. Already bought my obagi set, dati pala ang freebie yung clear. Ang nakuha ko freebie ay wash at toner lang. Parang lugi ako.. mas like ko na clear na lang ang freebie. Bakit ganon sabi sa akin after 2 weeks pa daw dapat gamitin yung vitamin c kasi baka daw ako magkapimple dahil sa mga prinick.. nagadvise din yung doctor na magepiduo gel daw ako. Sana umeffect at ang mahal nito..

angelvenus

  • Guest
Re: Obagi Users Thread 3
« Reply #114 on: November 24, 2014, 09:36:01 pm »
Ay ganon ba sis dapat maintenance phase na? Bukas pa ako magstart. Ask ko pala sis, ginamit niyo [textspeak!] tret na kasama sa set? E hindi  ba .1 na yun? Dapat ba ako magstart sa lowest possible concentration (.025)? Thanks

angelvenus

  • Guest
Re: Obagi Users Thread 3
« Reply #115 on: November 24, 2014, 09:58:29 pm »
Yes sis. .1% kaya nga po ako natakot.. ok lang ba na gawin kong .025% instead na .1%? Thanks

angelvenus

  • Guest
Re: Obagi Users Thread 3
« Reply #116 on: December 06, 2014, 06:09:00 am »
2 weeks of using obagi set.. wala naman significant changes except for a few cystic pimples on my chin and upper lip. As of peeling and redness wala naman ako napapansin. I decided to try na the .1% the derma gave me and alternately use it with epiduo gel.. thanks sis

OD

  • Guest
Re: Obagi Users Thread 3
« Reply #117 on: December 10, 2014, 08:44:40 pm »
Obagi has greatly improved my pigmentations which I believe is attributable to Beauche. The latter, just like obagi really is quick-acting but with over-use can be more a bane than a boon to achieving blemish-free skin. I'm currently at the tail-end of a 2-week rest but I am thinking if I should extend to a month and use a subtler bleaching preparation. What do you gurls use as substitute for the Clear during off-obagi period?

angelvenus

  • Guest
Re: Obagi Users Thread 3
« Reply #118 on: December 11, 2014, 08:25:35 am »
Hi sis chili, am on 3rd week of my obagi treatment i upped na my tret to 0.05 para mas makita ko yung effect, due kasi ako ng check up bukas sa hoo and baka magtaka yung derma na wala changes sa face ko.. pansin ko lang lalo naging oily every morning and i think nagstart na ako magpurge kasi may mga bumps na nagstart sumulpot ganon din with cystic acne pero the rest of my face is ok naman.. walang redness or peeling. Sana iallow na ni doc yung vitamin c ko para magamit ko na..

Serena.

  • Guest
Re: Obagi Users Thread 3
« Reply #119 on: December 21, 2014, 12:39:42 pm »
been using obagi nuderm for 4 weeks now. i still have that flaky skin peeling galore though ang puti na ng leeg at face ko pantay na sa kamay ko hehe.. do you have an idea how long will the peeling last? medyo atat na ko mawala to para di na ko magpowder.


sis cherness, nasa 1st stage ka pa lang.. after 6 weeks mag clear na yan and then after 12 weeks start na yung glowing ka! :) best to finish the 18week cycle using the whole line. you're lucky nagwwork sayo ang nuderm, sakin nag plateau na been using it for years kasi :(

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close