watch now

Author Topic: My Party Show was a "NO SHOW"  (Read 8890 times)

simple_elegance

  • Guest
My Party Show was a "NO SHOW"
« on: May 07, 2012, 09:07:31 am »
Just want to air out my feelings regarding my daughters 1st birthday last weekend. The show I booked for her party was a no show. It was really disappointing considering I have been planning for months and whats worst was that the whole theme was based on that talents show.

I started planning my daughters party with only "rainbow" in mind as a theme, but when my host recommended that talent, I was inspired to make the partys theme carnival and the higlight would have been that show. But disappointingly, the talent was not able to make it, for what reasons I dont know. We spent a good number of times apologizing and explaining why the show that was earlier announced, was never shown. Suffice to say, everyone eagerly awaiting for the show was disappointed, mself and my husband all the more. I felt that the party was not executed the way I want it to have been and to put it simply, I am not happy. I was really sad and disappointed. My daughter is my 3rd child, and with all the parties I have thrown for his 2 older brothers, every one went without a hitch and was perfect (based on my own terms). She is my youngest, my only girl and I wanted it to be perfect. I know she would'nt have noticed, she would'nt even care. But I know, and I care. And it really saddens me and I feel that I was not able to give her my best. But I know with the grace of God, I will just take it as His will and what is important is the memories we have made with the help of people who took time and effort to be with us.

I am hoping I will hear his side of the story, of what happened why he did not show up. Luckily I paid through the host and still had a 50% balance at the end of the party, which they graciously did not take from me since the show I had booked with them was a no show.


aubrey28

  • Guest
Re: My Party Show was a "NO SHOW"
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 12:01:13 pm »
Grabe! This is sad naman. May I know kung sino sya.

iluvmysoldier

  • Guest
Re: My Party Show was a "NO SHOW"
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 12:16:54 pm »
grabe naman, nakakadisappoint talaga yung ganon  :( d nagpasabi kahit a few days before the party para nakapaghanap man lang ng last minute replacement?

devigels

  • Guest
Re: My Party Show was a "NO SHOW"
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 12:41:30 pm »
hi sis, my pp kba kausap dyan. pm mo naman skin kung sino yan.

stormy

  • Guest
Re: My Party Show was a "NO SHOW"
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 03:15:04 pm »
Golden show ba ito? Kasi circus theme.

simple_elegance

  • Guest
Re: My Party Show was a "NO SHOW"
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 03:56:12 pm »
Golden show ba ito? Kasi circus theme.

Will PM you sis.

theconceptqueen

  • Guest
Re: My Party Show was a "NO SHOW"
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 04:45:36 pm »
@ simple_elegance That's so sad.Until now ,still no explanation was given to you?Being a mother myself,I know how it feels.I hope you can share with others who this talent is to avoid a similar situation to happen.We parents,work and strive hard for our kids.Kindly PM me,Sis.

whitelady17

  • Guest
Re: My Party Show was a "NO SHOW"
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 04:49:05 pm »
sis maybe you could name that person / company para other sisses here will have an idea, when they research that person / team sa search button. Hayz what are your next step / plan sis?

simple_elegance

  • Guest
Re: My Party Show was a "NO SHOW"
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 04:53:50 pm »
sis maybe you could name that person / company para other sisses here will have an idea, when they research that person / team sa search button. Hayz what are your next step / plan sis?

I really did not want to name him, kaya lang I've been thinking that its my responsibility to do so so our other sisses will be warned. The show I got which was a NO SHOW at my daughters party was the Golden Show. I have privately messaged him on Facebook asking for an explanation, but its been 2 days and still no word from him. I am hoping to hear his side and be enlightened on why he did not show up at my party.

theconceptqueen

  • Guest
Re: My Party Show was a "NO SHOW"
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 05:02:16 pm »
^ Thank you for sharing.

stormy

  • Guest
Re: My Party Show was a "NO SHOW"
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 06:12:57 pm »
^^i know how you feel sis. Most mommies here are like you, mabait. Naagrabyado na pero gusto pa rin na maging patas. Kaso kailangan rin sabihin sino kasi para maiwasan na mangyari ulit yun nangyari sa iyo (mas mangungulit sa supplier ang mommy).  Sana makapagbigay sya ng magandang paliwanag bakit d sya sumipot. Happy ako na host/magician napili ko sis, isa ako siguro sa kinakabahan if ang napili ko golden show kasi yan at ballon show ang nirekomenda last saturday sa akin.

iluvmysoldier

  • Guest
Re: My Party Show was a "NO SHOW"
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2012, 07:33:20 pm »
hay salamat at hindi siya ang nakuha ko sis. dapat sana maging mas responsible sila kasi tayong mga mommies grabeng effort para maging flawless ang birthday party ng anak natin tapos ganon ganon lang masisira na nila. hay nako kung sakin nangyari yan napagsalitaan ko na ng di maganda yan.

robinemz

  • Guest
Re: My Party Show was a "NO SHOW"
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 02:08:22 pm »
i feel for you sis.. nakakasad to hear na the then reputable Golden Show would be able to do such. Naku i recommended them pa naman sa isang sis dito:(( . i do hope they could give you a valid reason for not showing up. kaso sana they could have informed you early on. what's sad eh ni-change po pa talaga yung theme because of them tapos sila na highlight pa talaga ang wala. kakaloka talaga yan.

carmel

  • Guest
Re: My Party Show was a "NO SHOW"
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2012, 11:19:33 am »
Simple_elegance: I commend you for being gracious even after what happened. Didn't the PP give any explanation? And the 50% DP that you paid, won't that be returned to you considering they were a no show?

Hope you feel better.

iflipcess

  • Guest
Re: My Party Show was a "NO SHOW"
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2012, 11:18:50 pm »
what happened sis? good thing he made it on my son's birthday last may 17, it was actually one of the highlights, i hope he can explain his self sayang, highly recommended pa naman sya.

Edlyn_rn

  • Guest
Re: My Party Show was a "NO SHOW"
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2012, 02:19:33 pm »
Nyay! Nag pm din ako sa kanya sa FB & available sya sa 7th birthday ng son ko. Natakot naman ako bigla..

mommamymy!

  • Guest
Re: My Party Show was a "NO SHOW"
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2012, 10:24:28 pm »
aww, so sorry to hear that sis. i would feel the same if ganyan mangyayari sa birthday ng anak ko, lalo na if pinag-planuhan talagang mabuti. how about your DP? nabalik ba nila. i hope they could give a good explanation why wala sila sa birthday ng baby mo. isa pa naman sila sa mga highly recommended entertainment ng mga PP.

chamykrikz

  • Guest
Re: My Party Show was a "NO SHOW"
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2012, 03:12:56 am »
Hello Siss... I actually know about this issue... there was a misunderstanding about the booking... both of them didn't get to the same page. it's just like this, it's always "1st come 1st serve basis"... the other was asking for a deposit but the other did not respond. whoever pays 1st, gets the booking. I really can't blame them both since they got into this issue. the host and the golden show are really good friends till they got into this situation. it's just that they didn't confirm things well and thoroughly...
I feel sorry about what happened to your party.. I'll be in your shoes if that happens to my kids party.. :(

simple_elegance

  • Guest
Re: My Party Show was a "NO SHOW"
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 10:35:16 pm »
Sis chamykrikz, thank you for sharing your knowledge of what happened. Actually, the golden show has responded to my message to him thru FB. I will post it here once I get on a computer. Its pretty hard kasi to copy paste pag naka mobile. Anyway, I just hope that he did not double book at all. He knew he would be coming from Tagaytay that afternoon, and Im sure he knew that weeks before. If he was being booked for another event, DP or NO DP, he shouldnt have accepted the 2nd booking or better yet, he should have just turned down the 1st one who hasnt made a confirmation by making a DP. That would have at least given me time to look for an alternative show. It was really disappointing to have to explain to all your guests why the show they have been waiting for will not make it anymore.

I understand his explanation that some bookings without DP dont materialize thats why he booked another event, but then as he said he and the host Yoyomaster are good friends. Wouldnt your
good friendship be proof and confirmation enough that the event your good friend booked for you is really and 100% confirmed? And to think Yoyomaster was the host as well, not just the booker. He was there and he was there very early.

I have gotten over the situation. Im not the type to hold grudges. In fact, I still want to hire
him for my kids parties in the future. His reputation precedes him and I want to see it for myself.

kiz_me1109

  • Guest
Re: My Party Show was a "NO SHOW"
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2012, 05:26:02 am »
Grabe. Very unprofessional. Kung sakin nangyari to baka kung ano pa ang magawa ko sa kanila. Aside from the money I you paid na nasayang lang, na spoil narin yung celebration na minsan lang sa buhay ng anak mo mangyayari.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close