watch now

Author Topic: Healthy Options - Thread 3  (Read 203028 times)

oktoberfest22

  • Guest
Re: Healthy Options - Thread 3
« Reply #540 on: March 11, 2015, 04:38:05 pm »
^It's an anti-oxidant, sis. Pampaganda rin daw ng skin and improves circulation.

^^ I've been using Jason Aloe Vera gel on myself and my kids for years now, mostly as after-sun care. I don't find it any thicker than body lotions or creams. Pagka-apply parang sticky nga sya, pero it absorbs really quickly, kaya in a few seconds the stickiness disappears. I find that it's not enough as a moisturizer. Naqlo-lotion pa ako after.

A cheaper substitute is Nature Republic's aloe vera gel. But it's strongly scented, though I like the smell. It's a fresh cucumber scent.


armie8

  • Guest
Healthy Options Biotin, nakakahaba ba ng hair at nakakaganda ng skin?
« Reply #541 on: March 17, 2015, 11:45:19 am »
Hello sisses. I bought Biotin para sana mas mabilis humaba ang hair ko at tumibay ang brittle nails ko. May mga nabasa kasi ako na mabilis sya makapagpahaba ng hair. Pero three days pa lang ako umiinom, parang napansin ko, mas naging oily ang scalp and face ko. Any comments and suggestions? May mga naka experience na ba sa inyo ng ganito? Thanks sa mga sasagot... :)

babyboo.0326

  • Guest
Re: Healthy Options Biotin, nakakahaba ba ng hair at nakakaganda ng skin?
« Reply #542 on: March 17, 2015, 10:41:44 pm »
tried that bottle from healthy options, di ko nalang siya inubos. wala akong napansin any significant hair growth and yung nails ko brittle pa rin naman. baka hindi lang ako hiyang.

aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: Healthy Options Biotin, nakakahaba ba ng hair at nakakaganda ng skin?
« Reply #543 on: March 18, 2015, 12:46:30 am »
I take Nature's Bounty:   Hair, Skin & Nails  with 5000 mcg of Biotin
Or 10000 mcg -- whichever I get to buy

Yes, it helped with my brittle nails -- but I get faster results with my nails when I consistently take my calcium tablets.
 
For the skin -- I do not think it made much of a difference; either way:  good or bad. 

Hair -- well, less hair fall -- after 3 months of consistent intake of this vitamin.
I don't think it made my hair grow any faster though

I am switching to  Viviscal (supposedly better at making hair makapal; better at growing hair faster) after I finish all my existing stock.


The thing is,  these hair vitamins take effect after at least 3 months continuous intake - that's what I read in a medical journal.

babyboo.0326

  • Guest
Re: Healthy Options Biotin, nakakahaba ba ng hair at nakakaganda ng skin?
« Reply #544 on: March 18, 2015, 08:40:39 pm »
pero hindi ka pinimple sis?
hindi naman, sis. i don't normally get pimple din kasi, siguro kung meron man, paisa-isa lang and not regular. try mo rin like what sis aquacharly said, try it for 3 months baka pala ok siya for you  :)

princessgladies

  • Guest
Re: Healthy Options Biotin, nakakahaba ba ng hair at nakakaganda ng skin?
« Reply #545 on: March 19, 2015, 10:08:49 am »
i've been taking Biotin from HO for months na. i started with 5000mcg for 3 months, down to 1000mcg. Now i take 500mcg na lang for maintenance.

sobra hairfall ko before as in nakikita na yun scalp ko kahit malayo. pero now normal hairfall na lang and madami akong new hair na tumutubo. yun mga dating parts na hindi na tinutubuan ng hair sa scalp ko, may mga little hair na kong nakikita.

on the downside naman, hindi lang scalp yun tinutubuan ng hair, mejo napabilis din sa UA, and nagkaron din sa back and chest ng balahibo pero hindi naman mala Sergio.

matagal talaga sya bago makita ang effect. months ang hihintayin pero para sakin, it's all worth it kasi ang sad talaga ng feeling na nakikita ko yun scalp ko tapos continuous pa yun hairfall. pero now, sobrang happy ako sa result kahit ang pangit tignan nun mga nakatayong little hair na tumutubo :)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 10:14:19 am by princessgladies »

armie8

  • Guest
Re: Healthy Options Biotin, nakakahaba ba ng hair at nakakaganda ng skin?
« Reply #546 on: March 19, 2015, 01:42:29 pm »
parang ayoko magkaroon ng hair sa chest and back, lalo na sa UA baka kumapal, hindi pa naman ako mabuhok sa UA hehe

princessgladies

  • Guest
Re: Healthy Options Biotin, nakakahaba ba ng hair at nakakaganda ng skin?
« Reply #547 on: March 20, 2015, 08:22:48 am »
oo sis, kaya nga ako tyaga na lang sa wax kasi wala naman akong choice.

armie8

  • Guest
Re: Healthy Options Biotin, nakakahaba ba ng hair at nakakaganda ng skin?
« Reply #548 on: March 20, 2015, 09:49:04 am »
ok sis, thanks sa info

jaiho

  • Guest
Re: Healthy Options - Thread 3
« Reply #549 on: April 15, 2015, 08:42:10 am »
Just bought Bio Nutrition Garcinia Cambogia. Anyone tried it na? I hope it's effective. 

xxkitkatkissesxx

  • Guest
Re: Healthy Options - Thread 3
« Reply #550 on: April 15, 2015, 10:16:56 am »
How much ang Jason Aloe Vera gel?

catwoman

  • Guest
Re: Healthy Options - Thread 3
« Reply #551 on: April 15, 2015, 10:58:17 am »
^ Mga 400+ tanda ko sis

imhoturnot

  • Guest
Re: Healthy Options - Thread 3
« Reply #552 on: April 28, 2015, 09:14:11 am »
Hi I bought mother's support Yogi tea..
support for milk supply.. I am still preggy. safe po kaya to hehe
TIA

meimei

  • Guest
Re: Healthy Options - Thread 3
« Reply #553 on: June 08, 2015, 05:08:00 am »
I love Healthy Options. Being a pilates / yoga enthusiast, I buy my supplements here.

hi sis! magsisimula pa lang ako i-try ang Pilates. what supplements do you buy from Healthy Options and what is it for?

rae

  • Guest
Re: Healthy Options - Thread 3
« Reply #554 on: June 09, 2015, 02:20:16 am »
The Yogi Women's Health tea is good. I opted for natural miscarriage and may natira pang blood thickening inside, I feel like the teas help with the discomforts I'm experiencing and sometimes nakakatulong sya para mas lumabas yung blood. When I take just the meds that the OB GYN gave me, parang cramps lang pero wala namang lumalabas.

Anyway, I guess this means bawal sya for pregnant women.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 02:22:44 am by rae »

Pink_Sugar

  • Guest
Re: Healthy Options - Thread 3
« Reply #555 on: June 10, 2015, 03:15:54 pm »
I love the A La Maison soap in coconut milk! Kahit 250 php per bar of soap eh malambot effect sa skin ko. :-)

jesusadusa

  • Guest
Re: Healthy Options - Thread 3
« Reply #556 on: June 10, 2015, 04:51:41 pm »
there was a time when the witch hazel was super uso.  buy naman ako in healthy options.  hahaha!  now i go there to buy quinoa and some supplements for my daughter and husband.  but personally, wala akong binibili dun for myself.  namamahalan ako.

prinzesin

  • Guest
Re: Healthy Options - Thread 3
« Reply #557 on: June 11, 2015, 07:00:01 pm »
I usually buy my chips here for a lesser guilt  ;) and pica pica for my daughter. :)

hunny_ally

  • Guest
Re: Healthy Options - Thread 3
« Reply #558 on: June 12, 2015, 07:56:15 am »
^^quinoa in healthy options is soooo expensive. I usually get ours from snr.

usual buys from HO are the Bob's Red Mill products (wheat flour, cous cous, corn meal etc). although meron na din in Robinson's supermarket and rustan's, selection is not as wide as HO's. I also like their flavored couscous (can't remember the brand now).

I also get my once a day multivits, glucosamine for my hubby, and medications and vitamins for the kids. 

Their prices though have gone up considerably. I remember getting my kids' probiotics before at a little over Php 500. Now, it has more than doubled the price!

sushisundance

  • Guest
Re: Healthy Options - Thread 3
« Reply #559 on: June 14, 2015, 08:13:00 pm »
^what's the price diff of bob's red mill bet HO and rustans?

lately, laging OOS ang ACV nila plus the price got higher too.  :(

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close