watch now

Author Topic: Good School in San Juan Area?  (Read 13911 times)

sales_lady

  • Guest
Good School in San Juan Area?
« on: May 03, 2012, 07:52:09 am »
Sis pashare naman ng mga schools near this area. I think there's lasalle greenhills and OB Montessori. What else? Info on the rates na din! tIA!

sales_lady

  • Guest
Re: Good School in San Juan Area?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 07:52:51 am »
Forgot to include, pang high school po!

yndy

  • Guest
Re: Good School in San Juan Area?
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 01:14:13 pm »
Hi Sis!

Here are some schools I know of aside from those you mentioned:
St. John's Academy (coed)
Aquinas School (exclusive for boys)
Xavier School (exclusive for boys)
Phil. Cheng Kuang (coed)
Dominican College (exclusive for girls)
St. John the Baptist (coed) this is the former parochial school

Sa St. Johns I know affordable and a good one (during my time) as I'm a product of that school. Pretty strict din academics over everything else.

sales_lady

  • Guest
Re: Good School in San Juan Area?
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 02:39:00 am »
^ thanks sis! I'll check the rates na din...

hyder0926

  • Guest
Re: Good School in San Juan Area?
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 04:12:54 pm »
how much for kinder at LS greenhills? my husband is a from LS so gusto nya dun yun firstborn namin

khriseeee

  • Guest
Re: Good School in San Juan Area?
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 03:01:52 am »
How about preschools in San Juan? Any recommendations?

leletmd

  • Guest
Re: Good School in San Juan Area?
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 10:20:54 pm »
^ You can check the following preschools:

Greenhills Learning Center - located inside Greenhills west; they offer classes for kids 2 - 4 years old; nice teachers; nice facilities, most of the kids move on to ICA and Xavier for big school

ICBB - located inside Greenhills north; 2 - 5 year old kids; no uniform; most of the kids move on to ICA and Xavier after also; according to a friend of mine, most of the teachers are from ICA

Cambridge - located at Greenhills shopping center; they just opened last year so konti pa lang kids and new pa ang facilities; open enrollment sila
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 03:52:16 pm by leletmd »

wishbear88

  • Guest
Re: Good School in San Juan Area?
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2017, 04:42:10 pm »
Hello,

Any additional suggestions for good preschools in San Juan area including the tuition fees? @khriseeee, which school did you choose to enroll your child in and what are your comments on it? :)

khriseeee

  • Guest
Re: Good School in San Juan Area?
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2017, 07:52:27 pm »
Hello,

Any additional suggestions for good preschools in San Juan area including the tuition fees? @khriseeee, which school did you choose to enroll your child in and what are your comments on it? :)

I tried out two schools, though it's quite a long story!

I visited ICBB first and when I was shown the classrooms and explained their teaching philosophy I decided that it was the school I wanted for my daughter. Unfortunately they didn't have slots anymore in their morning class. Afternoon class just did not work for me. I put down her name for the following school year (yes, practically one year ahead) and made a note of when the early enrollment would open.

So I visited Cambridge and enrolled me daughter there, they allowed her to start with just 3x a week. My daughter was only 2.5 years old at the time so I thought this was fitting, gave her exposure to other kids but not too taxing on her body. Plus points too that I could enroll her on a quarterly basis, I was due to give birth to my son Nov/Dec so my daughter would be out for a month or so during my ge-lai.

Around early October, early enrollment opened up in ICBB, I made the deposit and a few weeks later payment in full. My daughter continued in Cambridge til I gave birth. She returned to Cambridge in Feb and did summer school in Cambridge as well. We then moved her to ICBB in June. She just graduated from ICBB last week and yes, she is going to ICA.

Having said as much, I love ICBB. I found it the perfect balance between progressive and traditional learning. My daughter has grown so much, from being a shy, clingy, always crying baby to being one of the leads in the moving up day musical!

My son will start attending ICBB this June, I put his name down on the list July last year  ;D Just so I wouldn't miss out on a slot again!

yannanuhbananuh626

  • Guest
Re: Good School in San Juan Area?
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2017, 07:20:02 am »
My son's going to St. John's this June for Kinder II. TF is less than 20k for preschool. The school has a good reputation since... I dunno, since my mom's time pa? Haha. They are pretty strict with academics and the use of English in school.

Ewan ko lang ah, pero parang lately they're also a bit strict as to where the student lives. My son almost didn't get in --- ilang beses kami in-ask regarding our place of residence. Eh we live in Cubao, straddling New Manila. Pumayag din naman sila eventually.

ReginaCalero

  • Guest
Re: Good School in San Juan Area?
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2017, 04:54:42 pm »
Aside from what @yndy said, she missed two more schools surrounding the area.

Immaculate Conception Academy is for girls only,  It is the sibling school of Xavier School. they are run by the Jesuits. Ica and Xavier has chinese lessons, so their Tuition can be very steep. But a lot of Suma Cum Laude's and such come from that school so its a Good school to put your child into. But there are a lot of Kalokohans too in that school but all the same its a really good school for your Kid's future resume.

The other school is Holy light Integrated Catholic school. Its a very private school with a few number of students. Its very good if you want your child to recieve quality education since the teachers can watch over your child's progress singlehandedly. This is good, In fact i came from this private school myself. they offer pre-school to grade 6/7 they have chinese lessons but unlike Ica and xavier its not compulsary. Holy light is found in P Guevarra St.

yndy

  • Guest
Re: Good School in San Juan Area?
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2017, 08:36:15 pm »
@ sis yanna - Attendance and punctuality is a big factor in SJA that is why they were asking you where you live. For late comers, you miss the 1st subject because you have to stay in the detention room. 

I remember my mom being asked to go to school and explain why my sister missed school for a couple of days when my grandfather died. We were not excused for missing schoolwork too if we failed to attend class. That was during our time, not sure now. I heard some not so good comments from former schoolmates who sent their kids to SJA now. But my cousins are still sending their children to SJA anyway. I would've too if I don't live so far.

And yes, TF is very affordable.


wishbear88

  • Guest
Re: Good School in San Juan Area?
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2017, 07:33:06 pm »
@khriseeee why not stick with Cambridge na lang since your daughter already studied there and sanay na?  But so far, wala pa akong naririnig na bad reviews sa ICBB kaya natitempt ako sobra na doon na lang ipasok daughter ko.  Steep lang sobra ang tuition kasi.  Mas mahal pa siya sa Mother Goose but the latter is more traditional. TLC rin good reviews so far if not for the traffic.

khriseeee

  • Guest
Re: Good School in San Juan Area?
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2017, 03:42:32 pm »
@wishbear88 I had already paid in full the tuition at ICBB for the following year when my daughter was just 1-2 months in Cambridge. No regrets though i the change, I found Cambridge a little too chaotic for me. They don't have classrooms, just partitions between grade levels so you can imagine how noisy it can get. There was also only 1 aide for the entire school. In ICBB there's one aide per classroom and several teachers depending on class size. in Cambridge it was just 1 teacher for each class level.

mommyxthree

  • Guest
Re: Good School in San Juan Area?
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2017, 06:35:25 pm »
If you live in the San Juan - Mandaluyong area, H.E. Montessori is highly recommended. They also have a great Advanced Class for kids who will take the entrance exams for first grade.

Louieeeish

  • Guest
Re: Good School in San Juan Area?
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2017, 10:42:05 am »
Has anyone here heard about St. Mark's learning Center in hemady New Manila? I need some opinions about the school, I've heard good things about it but i still want to have some insights. I only read here about ICBB and Cambridge. Thanks! 😊

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close