I'm almost done preparing for my daughter's 7th birthday. Glad to announce that I've now decided on the venue. I knw I have asked you sisses before to help me how to go about preparing for a fancy dress party, with 80 guests and oh so little budget. And yes, you were all right-- it's impossible. We went a little bit over the set budget, but juuust a little. (Surprisingly, yes, just a little bit over.)
I decided on having the party at Shakey's Restaurant, in Delta, QC. The place is nice, the ambience is pleasant, the staff is very courteous and the food is not too expensive.
Now, in order to pull off the fancy dress theme, we'll ask all the guest kids to come in their favorite costume, and the adults to wear their silliest hat.
Since my daughter would love the theme to be closely similar to that of Alice in Wonderland's, then she would be Alice in Wonderland. Her older brother will be the mad hatter and I'll be the white queen. (Hey don't give me that look, nope, I don't have any plans of wearing a ball gown like the white queen's at Shakey's. I'll probably just wear a white casual dress. Let say, I'll be more of a modern version of white queen. Okay. Settled.)

We also plan to have mini cupcakes/choco candy bars on every table bearing "eat me" labels.
We decided to get the most late party schedule so there won't be a problem extending.
I'm delighted. My daughter has never been this excited!
As a result, here are what I got for a budget of less than 25k for 80 guests:
2 Magicians
unlimited face painting
party popper
photobooth
party favors and prices (diy)
table set-ups (diy)
alice in wonderland invitations (diy)
balloons
food (pizza, pasta, chicken, mojos, ice cream, drinks)
party venue
costumes for my 2 kids
Not bad huh! Now, it's time to work on the party program. I have some ideas, but has not collected my thoughts yet on how to put them all together. 7 wishes, 7 gifts, entertainment, magic, serving of food, chit chats with the guests, photoboot and face painting--how do you put these altogether in 3 hours?
Hmmm.