watch now

Author Topic: Best Gel Polish, Where?  (Read 24076 times)

VannyVanvan

  • Guest
Re: Best Gel Polish, Where?
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2012, 09:59:03 pm »
Ok ba sa Posh nails?

megumiii

  • Guest
Re: Best Gel Polish, Where?
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2013, 01:37:12 pm »
Had my nails done at Lunula, Robinsons Magnolia. I was thinking of just opting for the regular mani/pedi but I finally gave in and tried gel polish cause the promise of 2-3 weeks of no-chip polish is simply too tempting. I opted for Orly Hawaiian Punch. Unfortunately, my very expensive gel polish only lasted for 3 days and they already started to chip. The chips started at the sides, and by day 5, some of my nails had half of the polish peeled off. I'm shocked and disappointed; it was a complete waste of cash. I went back to Lunula to show them my nails and they agreed to re-do the gel polish (on my fingernails only, since the polish of my toenails are still intact). And now, exactly 2 days after I went back to the nail salon, it's starting to chip again... at the sides. I swear, I am already running out of patience with the gel polish. For the record, regular polish usually lasts me 3-5, and I don't really wash my hands as often as I should whenever I have a manicure. I would never, ever waste cash on gel polish again. I would be better off with acrylics.

little_princess

  • Guest
Re: Best Gel Polish, Where?
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2013, 02:12:07 pm »
^ that happened to me as well with different brands. my manicurist explained to me that Orly is one of the best but it also depends on the technician. the trick with gel polish is that it shouldn't touch the cuticle so that it wont peel or chip off.

VannyVanvan

  • Guest
Re: Best Gel Polish, Where?
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2013, 04:16:51 am »
^ true it depends  on the nail tech. I would alchemy nail lounge in lilac marikina for gel polish. Its cheap and affordable. 300 for gel pedi. Pullido sila gumawa but I recommend weng who always does my gel pedi. 2 weeks na my gel polish and its still intact and shiny. I just hope they will have more gel colors.

ApollosMom

  • Guest
Re: Best Gel Polish, Where?
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2014, 04:24:48 pm »
Hello, i have read the thread and i can't help but comment, anyway i just wanna share one nail spa na i have tried it is Fabulous Me hair nail and body spa but they specialize in nails. they have a sister company in Timog Ave. i have tried their Polygel Nails and it was the best i've tried so far my nail tech was named Jack. They use the TruGel brand i think it's from US and super shiny and it does not chip off also it never damaged my nails though pinapahinga ko nails ko efter every three months. binalikbalikan ko na sila ever sice i tried their service. hmmm. iba na ang name ng branch doon kasi sister compnay lang. i also like her metallic nails. a bit price don but compared sa ibang nail spa and salon sya yun na try ko na best i brought my friends there and hindi ako napapahiya. i hope this will help.

also using pure acetne to remove the polish may damage our fingers kas super tapang non try using the reg acetone with cotton then wrap it with aluminum foil. once hilahin mo yun foil sasama na sya but i have asked Jack and ang trick daw don is to break the polish first. meaning i break mo mismo yun gel by using nail file, rub it sa top and middle part ng Gel polsih.

thank you. if my memor serves me right the cost for mani and pedi is only 900 hands and feet na yun kasama na din ang cleaning. my boyfriend pays for it kaya im sorry if mali. or if nagtaas na sila.

i hope this will help.

pandapple

  • Guest
Re: Best Gel Polish, Where?
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2014, 10:47:01 am »
Piandre for me too sis! But for gel nail art (as in nail art applied with gel polish), Optima in front of gb 5.

yanmae

  • Guest
Re: Best Gel Polish, Where?
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2014, 09:02:04 am »
Hi sisses, try nyo sa nailaholics 1 month yung gel polish ko sa kanila. Mas cheaper pa kasi sa pagkakatanda ko 600+ bayad ni hubby doon :)

sassy_gal18

  • Guest
Re: Best Gel Polish, Where?
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2014, 09:28:35 am »
Ako sa Sweet nails jennifer lynn tatak nun kanila 450 lang tumagal saken ng 3weeks ang ganda sa nails hindi nga sya nakakacrack or yellow. Kaso hirap alisin, ginawa ko na lang binakbak ko ng pusher. Ang hard ko sa nails ko haha kaso TO ako sa may ari masyadong pushy.

little_princess

  • Guest
Re: Best Gel Polish, Where?
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2014, 05:22:10 am »
I tried the OPI gel polish and I must say I like it compared to Orly. Had mine done at Posh Nails Morato

snowflakes08

  • Guest
Re: Best Gel Polish, Where?
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2014, 03:41:08 pm »
Ok for me ang Nail Tropics and the brand na ginagamit nila is Jessica. Naglalast sa akin ng 3 weeks siguro tama ang ibang mga sis natin depende din sa pagawa ng nail technician. I wear close shoes from Mon-Fri din at hindi nagchip off.  :)

Reynamargallo

  • Guest
Re: Best Gel Polish, Where?
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2014, 05:39:45 pm »
the BEST for me is Acasi in Magallanes. WORST is St. NAILS.

VainDoll

  • Guest
Re: Best Gel Polish, Where?
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2014, 07:39:19 am »
^^ sis magkano OPI sa Posh Nails Morato?

Reynamargallo

  • Guest
Re: Best Gel Polish, Where?
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2014, 06:45:08 pm »
Just a tip lang po sa mga magpapa-gel mani pedi. Medyo mahal ang pagpapa- tanggal ng gel mani pedi. Sa St. Nails is Php200, sa Acasi is Php100 then sa California Nail Spa is Php250. The rate is for mani pa lang ha. iba pa ang rate sa pedicure gel removal.

Medyo nadala ako sa huling pagpapatanggal ko ng gel mani pedi sa Californina Nails Spa sa MOA. 250 pesos x 2 = Php500 just to have my gel mani pedi  removed. aray sa budget :D

vain_kixie

  • Guest
Re: Best Gel Polish, Where?
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2015, 11:04:14 pm »
Had my nails done before using gelish and it lasted for a week lang. Then went to posh nails and tried orly gel and it lasted for 8 or 9 days lang but thats with frequent hand washing. I wanna try it again pag less than 2 weeks lang give up na ako sa gel polishes.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close