watch now

Author Topic: US TV: Girls  (Read 11417 times)

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2012, 05:19:13 pm »
Medyo nakakalungkot naman yung finale, yung story ni Hannah.

Nakakagulat din yung wedding ni Jessa.

sarsingkit

  • Guest
US TV: Girls HBO
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2013, 08:35:22 am »
so who here is watching Girls?.

While i find it amazing that Lena Dunham is the lead, writer and director, ,edyo masyadong provocative ang girls. But I still watch it. Which makes me rethink my life even more. haha.

Anyway, share your thoughts.

hisana

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls HBO
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2013, 09:04:14 am »
Watched season 1. Haven't checked out season 2...probably won't, or maybe if I have lots of free time I might. I like Hannah and Marnie, ang hindi ko talaga gusto si Adam. I find him depressing for some reason.

To be honest, the show is interesting but I don't get why it's getting top awards (though I do agree that Lena has talent). Maybe it's because it's supposed to be realistic and original, and yeah, provocative. Baka hindi ko lang talaga masyado type yung ganito, LOL.

Mindy

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls HBO
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2013, 07:33:57 pm »
I actually think Adam is the sanest character on Girls. Marnie and Hannah are the most troubled ones, emotionally. Marnie is the most hated, apparently. Shosh is crazy funny and Jessa's been set back, I mean the actress playing her, coz she just gave birth....wala masyadong scenes pa for Season 2.

I also don't know its appeal but I consistently watch and I can relate to their issues coz I do have girl friends like them na maraming hang-ups sa buhay.

_gigles_

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls HBO
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2013, 11:23:18 pm »

sarsingkit

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2013, 11:02:32 am »
i watch this show pero napapaisip din ako kung bakit ko pinapanood to. hehe. and minsan OA na yung nudity. parang minsa not needed naman pero dahil lang feeling hippie sila eh kailangan may sex or hubad. i like adam though. gusto ko yung nabangga sya "family only,see family? youre not family." saka "dont let her in, she's a monster."


dolcevitabebe

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2013, 11:22:32 am »
the show earned a few golden globes kaya im intrigued to watch this :) currently downloading it now heheh

spacemonkey

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2013, 06:25:00 pm »
i don't like Adam... i just think he's gross and creepy.

Hannah was really annoying me on the later episodes last season, but she's tamed down the whiny a bit. Marnie is still not likeable, Shoshanna, i feel terrible for, because i don't like her new boyfriend and i want so bad to believe that Jessa has changed, because shes my favorite, but...

The seasons looking pretty good. I was about ready to drop it mid-season it last time.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 02:35:27 am by spacemonkey »

terriblegallantsex

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2013, 10:44:14 pm »
I love Adam. In defense, I'll share this comment on an episode review I read a while back:

Quote
And that brings us to Adam. He has classic Game. During the second episode my wife pronounced him a Sigma male. I agree; he is a fellow who is highly confident and almost self-contained. He does what he does and isn’t dependent on the approval of others at all. But he likes and enjoys people, he’s open with them, and reads them instantly. He has few illusions, but he isn’t disillusioned.

Adam is also a strange mix of qualities. At first glance he is a hopeless, skinny geek and *censored*, but then you notice that he’s not only a big guy, but he’s hard as a rock. He is in excellent, excellent physical condition. That actor could easily play a little against character as a very hard man.
He also has an extremely manly air about him, and whenever he and Hannah are together, he makes sure she is having fun too. He doesn’t just use her. As Alan mentioned, he is as emotionally available to her as he thinks she wants. And he likes her. He takes her as she is and fits her into his life based on that.

Hannah seems to want him to be all worshipful and tragically clinging, but the show makes it clear that that is not the ticket to a “Girls" heart.

I thought it was really powerful when Adam lost his patience and demanded to know if Hannah wanted him to be her boyfriend. He’ll be a good one I think. He’ll leave her alone to do her thing and yet be available without rearranging his life around her. Will Hannah be happy with that? Stay tuned for next week’s episode.

And this is what happened all right. And I think it was poignant, this scene:

Adam: You love yourself so much so why is it so crazy that someone else would too?!
Hannah: I don’t love myself.
Adam: You’re the f*****g worst, you know that?! Because you think you’re not pretty and you’re not a good writer and you’re not a good friend. Well, you are pretty, you are a good writer and you are a good friend.
Hannah: Well… Thank you.
Adam: Is this the game?! You chase me like I’m the f*****g Beatles for 6 months and then I finally get comfortable and then you shrug?! What the f*** is wrong with you?!
Hannah: I’m scared, okay? I’m really scared all the time. I’m like, really scared, all the time.
Adam: Well, join the f*****g club!
Hannah: No. Cause I’m more scared than most people say that they are scared.  I’m like, the most scared person alive.
Adam: You don’t have the right to be! I told you, once I commit to something, I really f*****g commit! You asked for this! And now you’re being a f*****g b****!
Hannah: Adam… Come on! You’re scared. I’m looking at you and I know you’re scared. You’re acting like you’re not but you are. I know you now, we’ve been doing this for a while.
Adam: Stop! You don’t know me. You don’t know s*** about me. You don’t know me and you don’t know yourself! You think, cause you’re what, 11 pounds overweight, you know struggle?!
Hannah: I am 13 pounds overweight and it’s been awful for me my whole life!
Adam: Holy f*****g s***! Here’s the world’s most smallest, tiny, violin play, my heart beats for you! You don’t know struggle! I’m a beautiful f*****g mystery to you!

I despise Hannah for her flaws and her selfishness, but I gotta admit that I can relate to her and I can't help sympathizing. I am scared too, and too often I forget that everybody's scared, and fear shouldn't be a hindrance to something that could potentially make me happy. Hannah's also very self-absorbed but at the same time has such high self-doubt.

mooncake and leaves

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2013, 12:04:33 am »
i inhaled the second season. i like it better than the first one. maybe because this time, i really felt sorry for the characters especially ray and jessa. i didn't end up hating marnie or hannah. i especially love that episode with patrick wilson. that was spot on re: dating/sleeping with older men.

simang

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2014, 02:34:29 am »
I love this series like love love love. It's like i'm watching my life play before me. Sobrang relate lang.

I love Adam. He's become the most human of all the characters.

Season 3 na! :-)

Myealexis21

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2014, 02:10:54 pm »
As I've written in another thread, I was surprised to like this series.

Nagulat lang ako sa mga nude and bed scenes hehe!


pandaching92000

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2014, 02:54:10 pm »
I also watched this series. I love how realistic and bold they are. Bold in the sense, they speak up on what they think

Myealexis21

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2014, 05:42:06 pm »
Just finished Season 1!
Natawa naman ako dun kay Adam when he was in the ambulance at ayaw niya pasakayin si Hannah kase relatives lang daw pwede.  Sabi pa niya monster daw si Hannah.

Of all the characters medyo kay Marnie ako nakakarelate not with her relationship but her personality.. Minsan kase feeling ko ang seryoso ko and boring and KJ hahahha!

muahmuahmuah

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2014, 06:52:37 pm »
  One reporter got attacked when he asked about the necessity of being nude all the time, apparently it sparked ire among the producers. Akala ko una he subtly asked lang "why is there so much nudity in Girls?" After searching other articles eh he singled-out Lena pala and had more to say than just generalizing the fact. Given Lena's  heft or rather rubinesque built, tama lang din she and Judd Apatow came defending the purpose for the nudity, because she can and that if you can't stand seeing her nude it's your problem not hers.  Maybe that's what makes them likeable/ relatable in a way, kasi la sila hiya and hehe and it's as raw as it gets  especially  the one episode that kinda shook viewers when it aired, it was a noted first in mainstream television, even I felt disturbed by the whole thing with matching jaw drop. While the new season seems more subtle like they somehow grew up a bit, well, shall see.

simang

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2014, 08:06:58 pm »
Haha @myealexis true enough about Marnie. Ako i can so relate to Jessa. Di naman ako addict but i feel medyo hippie and careless ang dating haha.

^oh, that. Nabasa ko rin yan. Even magazine covers ni Lena yata eh ginawang issue.

sarsingkit

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2014, 02:33:35 am »
i watch Girls. My problem with nudity here is there are scenes na feeling ko eh hindi naman kailangan na hubad sya but she still strips here clothes off. And not because she can, eh gagawin na lang nya in most scenes.

But i like the conversations. Lalo na pag si adam and hanna.

spacemonkey

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2014, 03:56:31 am »
^ yeah. i don't have a problem with her body or her nudity, but it is kind of excessive, and looks like shes doing it more on purpose to create controversy.



my other issue with this is that the guys are such... losers. the only decent guy they had, they kicked out of the show.

also, im still grossed out by what Marnie did on that last episode.

simang

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2014, 04:41:09 am »
Tapos na 3rd season. So far this most recent season is my least favorite of the three, but i liked how the ending is 'open' and sad and real. I liked the ending better than season 2 na parang naging fairy tale.

juni

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2014, 03:31:33 am »
I've heard some people rave about this show, so I decided to watch a couple of episodes.  I was disappointed.  A lot of articles I read about the show said that it was like Sex and The City with a younger cast, but I didn't get any SATC vibes even after a couple of episodes kaya I stopped watching na lang.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close