watch now

Author Topic: US TV: Girls  (Read 11452 times)

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2012, 10:46:51 am »
^Onga no haha

I was hoping to see the artist dude from last week's episode, yung kasama ni Marnie.

terriblegallantsex

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2012, 02:46:27 am »
For all the criticism it's getting, the show is still very funny. Episode 2 was great! The Gatorade scene and Marnie's abortion rendezvous are both comedic golds.

didyay

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2012, 07:16:38 am »
May episode 4 and 5 na pala.  I am glad that even though hindi masyadong sikat ang show na ito, HBO renewed the series for 2nd season. 

terriblegallantsex

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2012, 02:41:23 pm »
I feel bad for Marnie's boyfriend. "Act like my life is real" is a very desperate and sad thing to say to a lover.

rae

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2012, 08:05:25 am »
Just watched the pilot and I wasn't able to finish it. I got bored. Not my type. But will be sticking around this thread if it's worth giving another shot.

Pero naka-relate ako dun sa parents ni Hannah. Pero I didn't need to stick around naman. Moved out of the house when I went to college kahit 1 hour from the house lang yung uni. Tapos nung nagka-work ako di na din ako nag-move back. I rented my own place na lang.

twelve5

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2012, 05:05:55 am »
Ok, im officially dropping this show from my list. Cant relate talaga ako. The last episode i watched was about her parents' anniversary.

Mindy

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2012, 06:25:25 am »
This show has a strange effect on me. I'm gonna use this word a lot. Strange.  :D

Lena Dunham is NOT a good actress and I cringe at her scenes, and sometimes her delivery (she has this sing-song when she delivers her line, it should get irritating sooner for me).

But strangely, I am still liking the show's rawness and honesty. There's two pretty girls by Hollywood standards (Jessa & Marnie), but the show portrays them like regular (but beautiful) chicks with flaws. Hannah is so bratty and unlikeable, and that doesn't happen very often in movies & TV, yung lead character na FEMALE na you can feel strongly against (usually lalaking LEAD lang ang ganun, who can say or do the wrong things), but I'm still drawn to her.

I think what defined her as being a bratty "b*tch" was that episode with her diary. That was really awkward to the highest level, and she didn't even apologize for it. LOL! And that, I think is typical with people her age, yung characteristic na parang....I dunno, may sense of entitlement sa lahat.

I find her relationship with Adam strangely cute.  ;D Ewan ko weird na siguro ako. But last night's episode was an "awww" moment for me, with the two of them on the phone and he called her "kid".

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2012, 10:12:46 am »
I still like this show and I agree with sis Mindy, strange nga siya haha But I don't know, I'm drawn to the storyline. I don't need to get related to the story kasi honestly, GoT, VD, etc... na pinapanuod ko na series, di rin naman ako nakaka-relate pero pinapanuod ko pa rin haha

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2012, 09:21:57 pm »
"Shoshanna! I'm your crack spirit guide!" hahaha

Mindy

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2012, 11:16:58 pm »
^Cracked me up!  ;D

This episode was really funny. I think if all the girls have their equal parts of screen time, the show is really, really good.

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2012, 11:29:31 pm »
^I like today's episode lalo na yung ending. Nakakatawa si Hannah and Adam lalo na yung nasa cab na silang 3 ni Marnie. At hindi lang pala sex habol ni Adam eh, onga naman, nung pinaliwanag niya yun, naintindihan ko siya na si Hannah nga talaga may tama sa utak haha

spacemonkey

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2012, 03:46:56 am »
heh. i liked this episode more than the others... my favorite part was Marnie's face with Charlie's new girl.


_gigles_

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2012, 12:00:33 am »
"Shoshanna! I'm your crack spirit guide!" hahaha

sobrang tawa ako ng tawa dito.

for some reason I dont like Lena Dunham's acting, pero natutuwa pa rin ako panuorin ito.

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2012, 12:15:40 am »
^Si Shoshanna ang gusto ko. Ang cute cute niya lang, sobrang inosente haha sana gawan siya ng kwento, madalas kasi yung 3 ang ginagawan.

_gigles_

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2012, 08:44:44 am »
^ako din, tawang-tawa ako sa kanya. si Marnie gusto ko kasi nagagandahan ako sa kanya pero medyo boring ng kwento niya now.

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2012, 10:03:49 am »
^Si Marnie anak ni Brian Williams, yung reporter hehe I like Jessa's accent, ganda pakinggan.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 06:11:10 pm by Heatherette »

pandaching92000

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2012, 06:09:24 pm »
I like Marnie and lately I like Hannah. The series is funny.

_gigles_

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2012, 06:36:38 pm »
^^ako din I like her accent. Nakakatawa sila sumayaw nung daddy na may midlife crisis.

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2012, 06:38:39 pm »
^Ang tanders na kasi nung tatay na yun haha Nagdala pa ng alak.

_gigles_

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2012, 07:12:51 pm »
^haha ang weird ng sayaw niya tapos biglang nasapak haha

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close