watch now

Author Topic: US TV: Girls  (Read 11440 times)

spacemonkey

  • Guest
US TV: Girls
« on: April 18, 2012, 01:22:25 am »
New HBO series that looks like something i will be following from now on.

the first episode was pretty funny to me. check it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_L52eExAHU

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 01:43:22 am »
Palabas na pala to? Thanks for the heads up. Matagal ko na to inaantay :)

twelve5

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 06:14:12 am »
I watched the premier episode too and it was ok.

Kaloka mga parents na ganun, IMO.

spacemonkey

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 07:01:15 am »
Kaloka mga parents na ganun, IMO.

i dunno, man. i'm just waiting for my parents to do the same thing to me right now.

twelve5

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 11:26:16 am »
^ aww. I hope not before you're ready.


Mindy

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 09:46:30 pm »
Pretty clever series. Though it's more Entourage to me than Sex and The City (which is what the press has been saying).

This is one chick show even guys will get....and some chicks actually won't. Hehe.

It's real and frank. Like for instance, the sex doesn't come with romantic mood music and lights, it's what sex actually is --- awkward.  ;D

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 09:51:21 pm »
I saw the premiere din, check ko pa next time kung ok. So-so palang premiere sa akin.

Buti nalang hindi ganun ang parents ko hahaha

mooncake and leaves

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 04:14:35 am »
Just saw the pilot. I loved the honesty of the show. I thought the mom was dead on-Hannah is so spoiled. Well, our generation naman talaga is spoiled and we have huge egos but I love that they make fun of it all. ;D

Available ba on iTunes yung episodes? I don't know if I can stand to wait for the DVDs.

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 01:10:54 pm »
^Wala sa iTunes :(

mooncake and leaves

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2012, 08:41:12 am »
^sayang. thanks though. :)

i watched the pilot again hehe. i even like it better the 2nd time. i love jessa. sobrang cute. and her cousin, the satc addict, she was the lesbian in mad men, right? :)

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2012, 09:57:37 pm »
At magaling si Hannah (Lena Dunham) kasi she starred, wrote, directed and produced the pilot and a couple more episodes.

FOURever

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 04:38:17 pm »
nagulat naman ako sa pilot episode. May ganun talaga? Hahaha! Mag rerevolve ba yung story kay Hannah or parang iba ibang story/characters after few episodes?

spacemonkey

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2012, 05:26:31 pm »
i like Lena Dunham's writing. its smart and witty.

i finally saw Tiny Furniture because of this... its basically a long version of Girl's pilot, and all about her whining, which I didnt mind, because I found it mildly entertaining...

and no, the series won't be all about Hannah. its an ensemble cast, like Sex and the City was. if she still makes the entire series all about her, that'd be way too self-indulgent.

pandaching92000

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, 03:25:27 pm »
I expect it to be like SATC but hindi pala. But I like to continue watching and see what will happen next. I like Marnie, she looks like Jennifer Connelly.

twelve5

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2012, 04:10:22 pm »
Watched the 2nd episode. Hmm, it was kinda meh for me. I dunno, maybe i cant connect?

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 04:30:46 pm »
I find episode 2 funny lalo na dun sa Women's Clinic at ang revelation ni Shoshana tapos sabi pa ni Marnie na I killed a puppy hahaha

sakura_bloom

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2012, 03:22:14 am »
^Ako I somehow relate.. kasi I'm still studying and is considered a "girl", not yet a woman.. LOL.. Anyway, I can relate to starting your life and depending on your parents, and they sometimes want you to be independent na.. to unburden them financially since they are getting old.. but you can't coz you are just figuring out who you are, and what you want in life.. :) I'm hooked!

^^Actually mas naka-relate ako dito keysa sa sex and the city.. Masyado fabulous ang buhay nila carrie! Manolo Blahnik shoes and all..  ;) Parang dream ko lang yun! :)

Mindy

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2012, 10:03:30 pm »
The 2nd episode is craaazy!  ;D I have to remember I have a 14 year old in the house! I forget cause Lena Dunham and those girls on Girls? Hardly what I would associate with bed scenes.

And yup @mooncake and leaves one of them is Peggy Olsen's friend on Mad Men.  :D

twelve5

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 03:06:21 am »
^^ dun sa second episode ako di maka relate. Im abnormal. Hehe

spacemonkey

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Girls
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 08:21:34 am »
i feel so bad for charlie... especially since most of the time, i kept confusing him as kit harington (Game of Thrones' Jon Snow)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close