Hi Everyone,
I've been a reader of girltalk forums for a long time but I never started a forum. Just now na something is really bothering me talaga. Hope you can enlighten me with your opinions.
Actually, medyo mahaba ang istorya but I'll try to make it short. I am a 29 yr old widower with a 2 year old son. My husband died a year ago due to cancer. We were living with my in-laws since I gave birth to our baby and because ayaw ng husband ko pa-alaga sa yaya son namin as they have home-based business naman and since my in-laws are still considered young grandparents. So there we go, the "art of pakikisama" started (iba pa din kc pag kasama mo permanently sa bahay ang mga in-laws mo di ba? Unlike when you are just bf-gf when you just occasionally visit the family), may mga misunderstandings sa bahay with the in-laws but you know that with your husband by your side, malulusutan naman. Until that fateful day that my husband was diagnosed with liver cancer and worst, he was diagnosed when it was already stage 4. It was a really traumatic day kc what we thought was a usual back pain was a sign of cancer spreading na pala on his body. And what's worst is that the day na nalaman namin is tinaningan na siya ng 2-3 months. His spinal cord is little by little eaten na by cancer cells so his ability to walk and move freely was affected.So dun na talaga nagstart challenge for me as a wife and as mom of a 1 yr old. This is the first time I've known someone close who had cancer and worse husband ko pa. I can go on with my experience in battling cancer with him but It will really be a long story so I'll just cut off where I would really need your opinion.
You see po, cancer can drain you, emotionally, spiritually and financially. And the thing is my husband's family are really not that well off, so nung time na sunod sunod na gastos for hospitalization, medication and other stuff, ako talaga gumagawa ng paraan para makahanap ng resources financially. I did not stop working kc kailangan talga and at the same time I'm taking care of my husband and my son with help from my in-laws. So there we go, financially po talaga, ako nagburden sa gastos kaya lang after all the fights, we lost our battle. My husband succumbed to cancer last March 29, 2011 and joined our creator. I stayed in my in-laws house until the pa-siyam of my husband then decided to go back to my mom's house since my room naman ako dun that my son and I can use. And for me kc, if I stayed sa house where my husband and I shared almost everything, madedepressed ako ng sobra.
I don't know how it started but since I'm busy working to pay off all my debts na nautang ko during my husband's sick days, I was not able to regularly visit my in-laws and truthfully kc everytime I see the house, sumisikip dibdib ko dahil i'm just remembering everything. Then one time (4mos after my husband's death), nagtext sister-in-law ko na hihiramin daw nila son ko kc may family reunion. Parang it stabbed me, kc son ko lang iniimbitahan nila and i'm left out. Kc di ba if it's a family reunion, I should still be included, after all I'm their son and brother's wife, tama po ba? Then puro ganun na po way ng pagtext nila, na puro son ko lang iniimbitahan and sometimes, they assumed na papayag na ako na hindi man lang nila tinatanong kung ok lang ba. Like sabihin nila na ihanda na lang daw gamit ng son ko at hindi na nila ako mahihintay pag-uwi ng work.Then the finale was nung pa-1 year death anniversary ng husband ko, ang sabi nila sunduin na lang nila son ko para macelebrate sa bahay death anniversary. Ang point ko po kc dun is hindi ba dapat they should at least asked me if I have any plans for his death anniversary pero instead, son ko lang inimbite nila ulit and again I was left out.
In the end, I'm feeling confused and truthfully bad kung bakit ganun sila. As far as I know, I did everything to save their son and to make sure na last days ng husband ko sa earth will be a comfortable one. Puyat, pagod emotionally and I can't even explain lahat ng hirap ko pero now I feel na they're leaving me out of their family. Please help me. I'm not sure if telling them how I feel will make the matters sorted or worse.Will really appreciate your opinion.