watch now

Author Topic: All About Yayas (Nannies) Thread 2  (Read 30839 times)

andie75

  • Guest
Re: All About Yayas (Nannies) Thread 2
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2012, 10:48:58 pm »
I need a yaya now. Kakaalis lang ng yaya ni baby. And hindi pa naman ako sanay na ako lang and si baby mg two months palang. Sana kayanin ko na ako lang mgisa. Wala kasi akong patience... Hay..

sanchie

  • Guest
Re: All About Yayas (Nannies) Thread 2
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2012, 03:16:24 pm »
mahirap talaga kung walang yaya... kaya sobrang tiis muna kmi with my yaya who's very pricey. mabuti nalang ok sya sa baby ko...

cldy_1981

  • Guest
Re: All About Yayas (Nannies) Thread 2
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2012, 06:34:09 pm »
^sis maybi ask how much yung salary ng yaya mo? Naghahanap kasi rin ako now ng yaya, idont mind na pricey basta ok magalaga and mabait naman. Pero i want sana to at least have a benchmark of higher end na salary ng mga yaya.

khriseeee

  • Guest
Re: All About Yayas (Nannies) Thread 2
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2012, 07:01:16 pm »
^I pay my yaya 6K a month, a little on the pricey side, but worth it naman as she really knows how to handle newborns. She'll help naman with other things naman when the regular maid is on day off. When we were still looking I was considering a midwife which begins at 8K a month daw.

babiebrat26

  • Guest
Re: All About Yayas (Nannies) Thread 2
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2012, 10:00:39 pm »
hi girl i have a yaya lang for my son and at the same time nag help na din siya saakin sa bahay. small lang ang house namin and ang konti ng gagawin plus stay home mom pa ako. anyway ang prob ko lang sa kanya pag nag off siya ng sunday monday na ang balik nya at madalas hapon na or tuesday... super bait ko na nga pero mukang wala na siyang respect saakin. pag nag text ako never mag reply yan bigla nalang yan susulpot dito sa bahay na parang wala akong text. minsan pa madalas sila hindi mag kasundo ng 3 yrs old son ko??? i wonder why??? laging asar sa kanya ang inaaway ng son ko. minsan tuloy napapagalitan ko pa son ko kasi pinapalo nya si yaya.

cldy_1981

  • Guest
Re: All About Yayas (Nannies) Thread 2
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2012, 02:18:19 pm »
^I pay my yaya 6K a month, a little on the pricey side, but worth it naman as she really knows how to handle newborns. She'll help naman with other things naman when the regular maid is on day off. When we were still looking I was considering a midwife which begins at 8K a month daw.

Actually khrisee medyo mura pa your rate for a midwife...  When we were considering to get from agency NB yaya was 8k  & midwife was P10-12k. Exag. Did you get your currentvusya from agency too? Maube uou can point me to the right direction! Hehe :)

khriseeee

  • Guest
Re: All About Yayas (Nannies) Thread 2
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2012, 02:07:22 am »
My mother in law found her, she was the yaya of her friend's niece . My mother in law has seen her before and the alagas, very well Aiken care of and chubby. Luckily she wasn't employed so my mother in law got her na. I was resounding myself to get from an agency na, though I've heard a lot of horror stories about that. Wish I could be of more help

ishko

  • Guest
Re: All About Yayas (Nannies) Thread 2
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2012, 04:00:40 pm »
sis, ang room ba ng yaya nyo ay airconditioned? my yaya wanted a/c kasi mainit daw...

so sad, ang mahal pa naman ng kuryente ngayon

aceofhearts

  • Guest
Re: All About Yayas (Nannies) Thread 2
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2012, 04:22:45 pm »
^ sosyal ni yaya mo sis. hehe! ;D ours is not air-conditioned. she can stay inside our room during day time para malamig but she sleeps in her own room with a fan.

ishko

  • Guest
Re: All About Yayas (Nannies) Thread 2
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2012, 05:41:05 pm »
^yes sis, first time ko nagkaroon ng yaya/katulong kaya hindi ko pa alam ang do's and don'ts

so, hindi naman mandatory sa atin na magprovide ng a/c for yaya

how about food nila? what are your arrangements? unlimited food ba? as in kahit ano meron sa ref or grocery supplies pwede nila kainin? bfast/snacks/lunch/snacks/dinner/midnight snacks

my yaya eats everything she can find in our ref/groceries... then pag umuuwi ng province monthly, inuuwi nya din yung ibang groceries (nakita ng mom ko sa bag nya while she is busy preparing things going to the province)

khriseeee

  • Guest
Re: All About Yayas (Nannies) Thread 2
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2012, 08:07:52 pm »
Our yaya sleeps in my baby's room and there's an A/C there but she doesn't use when the baby isn't there. Our baby currently sleeps in our room at night, so the yaya uses a fan at night. Sometimes she doesn't even turn on the fan coz the wind is pretty strong at our condo.

I have a household help along with the yaya and as for food - I buy them mainly fish and veggies. Though most times whatever we eat, we give to them as well (if there are leftovers) as my hubby and I don't like eating leftovers the next day. They cook their own meals for lunch since I normally have brunch and don't cook na. I buy them bread, peanut butter, milo, coffee, luncheon meat, sardinas, pancit and noodles and put them on a shelf in the kitchen. I told them basta anything I put on that shelf is theirs. They don't touch our other food unless I tell them they can have it.

sis ishko I don't think it's appropriate that your yaya eats anything she can find in the ref, what if she eats your expensive food dba? Or food that's meant for others and she should definitely not be taking anything home  >:(

ishko

  • Guest
Re: All About Yayas (Nannies) Thread 2
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2012, 01:40:43 pm »
^yes sis, agree.. my sister gave me canned goods from US, so tinabi ko muna kasi nga kakainin ko pag bakasyon dahil mostly hindi na kami kumakain ni hubby sa bahay tsaka special yun dahil not readily available sa supermarket dito kaya gusto ko 2 kami ni hubby kumain.. kinain nila ng son nya na nagbabakasyon sa amin  :o

hays.. ang hirap pa kasi ang selan sa food, if they don't like the food, they will not eat

my mom cooks for them at naawa na din ako sa nanay ko.. pagod sa pagserbisyo sa kanila

having a yaya makes me sick



cldy_1981

  • Guest
Re: All About Yayas (Nannies) Thread 2
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2012, 04:32:59 pm »
I have a household help along with the yaya and as for food - I buy them mainly fish and veggies. Though most times whatever we eat, we give to them as well (if there are leftovers) as my hubby and I don't like eating leftovers the next day. They cook their own meals for lunch since I normally have brunch and don't cook na. I buy them bread, peanut butter, milo, coffee, luncheon meat, sardinas, pancit and noodles and put them on a shelf in the kitchen. I told them basta anything I put on that shelf is theirs. They don't touch our other food unless I tell them they can have it.

Khrisee when you buy fish & veggiesfor them how donyou segregate it from your own food? I mean do you hve a separate fridge? Or parang you just give instructions na ayan, these are yours & these are ours? Medyo im shocked kasi at our food consumption now my hh is a bit matakaw, she eats as much as my hubby eats and he's 220lbs, haha! TApos favorite pa nya meat and beef! Haha!

babiebrat26

  • Guest
Re: All About Yayas (Nannies) Thread 2
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2012, 10:54:34 pm »
woa!!! grabe naman ang mga  yayas nyo sis???? and mas malaki pa sa sweldo ng mga regular office workers???? sila ba yun nirerequired nyo na naka uniform tapos pag nasa mall parang mga nurses naka buntot sa mga amo??? my gulay grabe ang mga pinoys. apir!

khriseeee

  • Guest
Re: All About Yayas (Nannies) Thread 2
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2012, 11:06:02 pm »
Khrisee when you buy fish & veggiesfor them how donyou segregate it from your own food? I mean do you hve a separate fridge? Or parang you just give instructions na ayan, these are yours & these are ours? Medyo im shocked kasi at our food consumption now my hh is a bit matakaw, she eats as much as my hubby eats and he's 220lbs, haha! TApos favorite pa nya meat and beef! Haha!

When we're unpacking the groceries I tell the HH which fish is theirs to eat (ie. cream dory, seabass and salmon are not for them to eat!) and so far they follow naman. Hotdog too I show them which is theirs (CDO) versus ours (santis). I'm thinking of segregating their food and dedicate a shelf in the freezer and a drawer for their veggies in the ref . For veggies I ask them what they want before I go to the grocery (or take the HH with me) and I only buy what they ask for. The more expensive veggies (broccoli) they don't touch either unless I tell them they can eat it.

What i'm trying to get used to is how much rice and bread they eat! Imagine a 25kg bag of rice was consumed within 1 month whereas when it's just hubby and I it takes us a month to finish 5kg. I don't want the hassle of having different rice so I just buy cheaper rice nalang. Hubby isn't picky and I stopped eating rice as I'm dieting na hehe

cherrhys

  • Guest
Re: All About Yayas (Nannies) Thread 2
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2012, 08:19:19 am »
woa!!! grabe naman ang mga  yayas nyo sis???? and mas malaki pa sa sweldo ng mga regular office workers???? sila ba yun nirerequired nyo na naka uniform tapos pag nasa mall parang mga nurses naka buntot sa mga amo??? my gulay grabe ang mga pinoys. apir!

Ano ba dapat gawin kapag kasama sila sa mall/labas???  Ano rin naman ang masama sa uniform??  Their scrubs are usually what the hospital nurses and caretakers wear too.  Mas ok ba na sheer shirts with plunging necklines and tight jeans ang suot nila?

As for the sweldo, usually agencies ang nagdidictate nun not the amos.  Meron din namang mga lower salaries, ito yung mga thru referrals not from agencies.  Also these yayas with higher salaries are usually midwives or unlicensed nurses.

khriseeee

  • Guest
Re: All About Yayas (Nannies) Thread 2
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2012, 01:25:54 pm »
I wanted a uniform for my yaya but my hubby refused, he said I'm so maarten daw. Lo and behold when our yaya arrived she requested for a uniform! But she only uses it for going out. At home she wears t-shirts with long shorts or jogging pants, but she'll wear her uniform if she knows guests are coming. I specifically told her I don't want her wearing sleeveless or spaghetti straps when she's caring for my baby. Gross naman if my baby's face is near her exposed armpit right?

cldy_1981

  • Guest
Re: All About Yayas (Nannies) Thread 2
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2012, 01:49:59 pm »
What i'm trying to get used to is how much rice and bread they eat! Imagine a 25kg bag of rice was consumed within 1 month whereas when it's just hubby and I it takes us a month to finish 5kg. I don't want the hassle of having different rice so I just buy cheaper rice nalang. Hubby isn't picky and I stopped eating rice as I'm dieting na hehe

Were the same! We used to buy the jasmine rice from s&r na 5kg & it would last us a month then when my hh came na, the 5kg was good for a week & a half 2 weeks max. Imagine just one person came in pero the consumption was doubled. I honestly dont know where they put it, hahaha. I also started asking my husband to buy cheaper kind na rice para di na donle yung ruce that we buy plus di doble yung pagsaing.

As for uniforms right niw wala pa sila as i havent had the chance to go out & buy yet but i plan to have the hh wear one kahit sa house as well as the yaya. Para they also dont have to use their personal items sa house & di maluma.

I dont think maarte if we ask them to wear uniforms, i guess part din sya ng hygiene right? Well at least that's how i view it :)

khriseeee

  • Guest
Re: All About Yayas (Nannies) Thread 2
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2012, 02:37:55 pm »
Well better that they eat more rice than ulam! That would be even more expensive hahahaha I don't want to limit the amount of food they eat either since they do manual labor (my baby wants to be carried and walked around a lot) so I can't also limit their food or they won't have energy. So cheaper rice nalang.

I'd like for them to wear uniform rin at home but again hubby is against it. He thinks its demeaning. Well in their household the HH wears whatever she wants - even boxer shorts w/ spag straps! My point is hygiene plus I want them to be properly clothed, I don't think I can demand what they wear if I don't provide the clothing. Buti nalang my HH came from my mom who's strict about clothing also. I'll probably buy my HH some clothing to wear at home rin - just not uniforms. I hate seeing HH or yayas who wear tight fitted clothing, spag straps, halters, or sleeveless. For me it's not appropriate.

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: All About Yayas (Nannies) Thread 2
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2012, 03:00:45 pm »
Ishko - Your yaya is sobrang echosera naman, ang daming requirements. Remind mo sya kung ano role nya sa house nyo. If umarte, let her go. She's supposed to help you, and not add stress to your life. Kung saken yan, hinde magla-last ng 1 day yan, baka hinde pa sya magkaron ng chance na mag-unpack ng bags nya.

On malakas kumain na maids, well buti na lang yung 2 helpers namin, parang ibon kung kumain. My previous yaya mahina din kumain pero yung kasabay nyang helper namin non na may bitbit pang anak nya, saksakan ng lakas kumain. As in never kame naka-tikim ng fried rice sa umaga the whole time they were there kase walang natitira na rice. Poor hygiene pa yon kaya nakakainis.

We're never madamot when it comes to food, whatever we eat, they eat din. Pero pag umaabuso and nakakapanira ng budget jan kame naghihigpit. Like now, ang problem lang sa isang helper namin, ginagawang milk ang creamer namin. At ilan beses pa nahuli na kumukuha ng milk ng mama ko. So what we did was buy their own 3-in-1 coffee sachets. Nagreklamo pa nung una matapang daw masyado, sabe ko ehdi dagdagan mo ng hot water. Wala silang magawa kase hinde nila mahanap kung san namin tinago yung creamer and other stuff na samin na lang.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 03:07:37 pm by twelvth_goddess »

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close