watch now

Author Topic: Pressured and Stressed  (Read 2111 times)

1choi_ko9

  • Guest
Pressured and Stressed
« on: March 26, 2012, 06:05:40 pm »
I don't know if this is the right place to unload this. It is concerning my kids, myself as a mother,and my work.

The feelings I am feeling right now: Hurt, Pressured, Confused, Grateful, Ashamed in short mixed emotions.

Please bear with me medyo mahaba po ito...

I have 2 kids, both in preschool palang. Before I was a full pledged stay at home mommy. Never had the chance to work work kase according to my mom I better stay at home and look after my kids. Not unless I find a work appropriate sa natapos ko which is a Psychologist. Anyway, I opted to stay at home na lang din para masubaybayan kids ko while they are growing up. To have an extra income, I sometimes do online selling kase kung aasa lang kami sa income ni hubby, kukulangin talaga.

Then nagstart na pumasok ng eldest, then yung youngest. Since medyo mabigat na gastusin. My sister who is very mabait offered me to work for her. And since kapatid and knows my needs binigyan ako ng magandang offer with regards to income. To which ginrab ko na agad kase sayang yung opportunity and we needed extra income din naman. Yun lang mawawalan na ako time sa kids ko.

And I tell you, napakahirap iwan ang kids and hindi natutukan. :( Nag suffer grades nila. Kahit na preschool pa lang sila I can see na nahihirapan yung bunso. Compared to his kuya na natutukan ko nung early years nya sa preschool naproprogress and natuto. Whereas si bunso nahihirapan talaga. I started working nung 1st time nya in school. Although natuto naman pero needs follow up talaga which I rarely can do kase late na ako nakakauwi. Hindi ko na sila na fafollow upan. :( Naawa ako for them pero I also need to work. Buti na lang mabait sister ko kase she gives me offs unlike yung normal set-up ng employer pahirapan sa offs. I am grateful for all her offers. :) Most of the time yung offs ko na yun is to attend to my children's school events and if exam yun nag ooff ako para maturuan ko man lang. There are times they make lambing na talaga na mega iyak si bunso asking me questions like why daw nung si kuya ako naghahatid and sundo, now hindi na. Haay :(

At some point, napapaisip na ako if I still want to continue doing this work for my sister. Kase yung nga nagsasacrifice studies ng mga anak ko. But at the same time, we need the extra cash to supply also their needs. I understand I needed to sacrifice things for our family. But what if yun nga naapektuhan na yung study habits nila, and when they are at home hindi naman sila syempre mapagsabihan ng yaya pag nagaaway sila magkapatid. Basta things na dapat ako ang gumagawa hindi pwede iasa sa yaya.

One time I decided na icontinue ang work pa rin, bawi na lang ako sa kids pag no work. De sige. Thats what I did. Now in work, I am really pressured. One siguro i feel this way since I am her sister she expects me to do things na mas higit compared sa previous assistants nya. I understand that. Before I rarely see her gets angry nung hindi pa ako work for her. Now nakikita ko na sya magalit to which nappressure ako kase I don't know what Im doing is correct pa. Nahihiya ako sakanya kase hindi ko alam if tama ba mga ginagawa ko since first time ko to do this. And whatever comes our way new things I need to learn to which nappressure ako kase nahihiya ako sakanya. Ayaw ko magkamali for her kase ayaw ko sya madisappoint saakin pero ayaw ko rin maipit sa duties ko as "tauhan" nya. When Im working for her hindi koiniisip na magkapatid kami para hindi ako mahiya or what. To her clients I never tell them I am her sister para hindi sila mailang sakin. Pero may times na ang susungit ng clients ok lang tiis. Pero may times nagagalit sister ko sakin na sa mga nagagawa ko... haaaayyy hindi ko alam ngayon kung aayaw na ba ako or pano.... Please enlighten me. I want this work. But at the same time na ppressure ako and nahihiya sa sister ko. Then syempre naiisip ko rin kids ko. Haaay :(

rianne_mallows

  • Guest
Re: Pressured and Stressed
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 08:45:13 pm »
option A

you go back to being a stay at home mom
you can focus on the kids' studies
less money to spend for luxury
more bonding time with your hubby and the kids

option B

you continue working
hire a tutor for your youngest or both if the budget permits
more money for luxury/savings
less time with your hubby and kids


oh ayan.. pili ka na lang... everything has its pos and cons..  being a sahm is great, however, it seems becoming one is now a luxury itself

if you choose to continue working, treat your sister as your boss.. all bosses get angry and disappointed at some point..  just suck it up and deal with it... hindi pwede pa-baby sis... you're there to work so work.. sabi mo nga swerte ka na jan kasi kung gusto mo mag-leave ok lang at well compensated ka... bakit aalis ka pa?

sa age mo ngayon and without experience, nahihirapan ka makakita agad ng kapalit.. at sa mapupuntahan mong kapalit na trabaho, may boss din dun na pwedeng malala pa sa kapatid mo..

1choi_ko9

  • Guest
Re: Pressured and Stressed
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 12:10:35 pm »
Thanks sis. Yeah I understand that and I know there are other people na mas malala pa sakanya. Haay...hindi lang siguro ako sanay and hindi sinanay sa gantong set-up. Well you're right this is reality, its either i stay back at home or work.... gusto na ayaw. Gusto ko mag work kase yung income but less time with my kids... and i miss them na. But i do not enjoy being at home per se ha.... I just want to be with them :)

aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: Pressured and Stressed
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 12:59:20 pm »
Work on that:  your overriding desire to be very hands on with your kids.   

Try to  work out a parttime work arrangement with your sister.
See if there is any part of her business  you can do at home. There will always be time, when the kids are in school; when your family's asleep.  Or, perhaps you can work only on certain days? You have an advantage:  she trusts  you and she will bend to help you.

Do not lose sight of your priorities.  Do not get sucked into your sister's business. It is her business,  not yours -- so hwag mo sya sabayan as in ubusin mo oras mo sa work.  Your kids are your business, it is your choice... So find a better  way to serve your choice/priorities.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close