watch now

Author Topic: Need to decide: Poveda or St. Paul Pasig  (Read 35690 times)

cynth_pink00

  • Guest
Need to decide: Poveda or St. Paul Pasig
« on: March 26, 2012, 11:33:33 am »
My daughter will be in Grade 1 and I need to enroll her this week already. She passed both St Paul and Poveda.  I have been getting more positive feedback about St Paul than Poveda. I just need to find out more about Poveda so we can decide. Please help! Thanks.. :)

pinkaholic21

  • Guest
Re: Need to decide: Poveda or St. Paul Pasig
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 02:07:18 pm »
Hi, Just want to know the update. where did you enroll your child--St paul or poveda? Appreciate your feedback.

thank you

cynth_pink00

  • Guest
Re: Need to decide: Poveda or St. Paul Pasig
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 01:48:24 pm »
^ We enrolled our daughter in St Paul sis and i'm happy with the decision we made so far! :)

ADreamer

  • Guest
Re: Need to decide: Poveda or St. Paul Pasig
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 08:26:17 pm »
Hi,
Big difference ba sa tuition? My daughter is K1 in Poveda and we are not impressed with the teachers and the system.

Was inquiring on Miriam and Assumption earlier for K2 admission next year kasi we are seriously considering to transfer her next year.

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: Need to decide: Poveda or St. Paul Pasig
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 08:48:32 pm »
^Really? Why not sis? I hope you cna share your feedback. I want Poveda sana for my duaghter kaso masyadong malayo samin. Regarding tuition, I know that Poveda s a lot more expensive than St Paul Pasig.

hazelnutduchess

  • Guest
Re: Need to decide: Poveda or St. Paul Pasig
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 10:44:28 pm »
Pang young kids pala yung discussion. Baka wala masyadong place so ang observations ko talaga is based on my interaction of the students and graduates of these schools (high school and college age girls). One, both schools are good naman. Siguro mas halata lang pagdating ng high school na. Sa Poveda, may Spanish class diyan. Helpful if travelling family kayo or may balak siya maging historian (haha). Two, mas mahal ang Poveda talaga. All-airconditioned ang classrooms (actually OA sa lamig minsan) plus generally pang-mayaman kasi talaga siyang school. This could be an issue for some parents besides sa tuition kasi of course peer pressure and lifestyle, malaking bagay yan and most ng students sa Poveda are rich talaga. Of course, not a bad thing, but a thing to consider nonetheless. Sa St. Paul, mas grounded ang students din. Mas adaptable sila sa regular society. Competent and confident naman ang students from both schools as far as I can see, a big plus point for me. although if admissions to top-tier schools like Ateneo are a factor, mas maraming Povedans ang present rather than girls from St. Paul's.

Sa Miriam naman, pansin ko na for some reason mas maraming tomboy and lesbians. Not sure if this will be an issue for your family, but it is a trend there. I see this personally ha, not just hearsay. Mas grounded din sila and okay ang mix ng students socio-economically. Their graduates go on to top-tier universitites. Same with Assumption, I think karamihan doon also enter top-tier universities. Sa Assumption, I do know na very traditional ang upbringing nila sa students nila doon. My personal friends from Assumption (Antipolo) are very well-behaved talaga. Wala pa ako nakitang nagwa-wild na taga AA, not sure about Assumption San Lorenzo/AC. Ganda rin ng testimonials ng friends ko from AA. Gusto talaga nila yung system when they were there in high school.

Generally mga sis okay ako sa mga pili ninyo kasi personally ko nakikita na okay ang products ng schools na yan. Naging believer din ako sa exclusive education after ko makita yung mga graduates nila compared to a small school like mine.

TinkerBelle_81

  • Guest
Re: Need to decide: Poveda or St. Paul Pasig
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 09:34:39 am »
Poveda - generally elitist rich kids. konti lang lesbians na alam ko dito. most poveda graduates go to the top 3 universities or universities abroad. all classrooms have AC.

st. paul - more grounded students from average families, madaming lesbians. not sure about academics.

prettygirlsophia

  • Guest
Re: Need to decide: Poveda or St. Paul Pasig
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 04:11:15 pm »
@ cynth_pink00: hi sis. How's your daughter at st.paul? May I ask what made you decide na st.paul sya ipasok? Can you please share some feedbacks. I have an incoming grade 1 daughter too this incoming school year and st.paul is one of my choices na big school. May extracurricular activities din ba sila? Maradi ba silang homeworks?

Thanks sis.

foxy_lei

  • Guest
Re: Need to decide: Poveda or St. Paul Pasig
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 10:21:40 pm »
hi sisses, how much ang tuition for St. Paul and poveda for grade 1? Thanks..

cLark28

  • Guest
Re: Need to decide: Poveda or St. Paul Pasig
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 09:58:14 pm »
yung sa St Paul magaganda ang non academic activities nila as long as you can pay.. and sa observation ko mas okay ang st paul students in terms of their social abilities.. sa poveda kase i just don't get their language.. lol :P

Cheenyv

  • Guest
Re: Need to decide: Poveda or St. Paul Pasig
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 09:22:14 pm »
Magmamahal pala yung tuition sa st. Paul daw. Sana naman hindi matuloy

Mum_A

  • Guest
Re: Need to decide: Poveda or St. Paul Pasig
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2013, 07:53:00 pm »
Poveda  ;)

cynth_pink00

  • Guest
Re: Need to decide: Poveda or St. Paul Pasig
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2013, 09:23:53 am »
@ cynth_pink00: hi sis. How's your daughter at st.paul? May I ask what made you decide na st.paul sya ipasok? Can you please share some feedbacks. I have an incoming grade 1 daughter too this incoming school year and st.paul is one of my choices na big school. May extracurricular activities din ba sila? Maradi ba silang homeworks?



Thanks sis.

the main reason why i chose SPCP is because my eldest daughter is already in that school plus our youngest has really made that her first choice. I also have friends who finished in SPCP and they are all successful now. Kids are sociable din and they have a very good curriculum. So far I hAve no negative feedback. Some people would say maraming tibo yung SPCP but considering my eldest is incoming seniors hindi naman sya naging tibo nor naging issue yan. I think in every all girls school meron talaga yan and phase lang yan ng mga bata and they will outgrow it too...  when it comes to extra curricular, yes they have a lot and they offer a GIFT program which is very good...  May homework din. Sa totoo lang yun lang mahirap coz they sometimes have a lot... Im happy with the school and have no plans of transferring my girls . If that time comes ill let you all know but malabo ata. :)

Angelme

  • Guest
Re: Need to decide: Poveda or St. Paul Pasig
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2015, 10:11:25 am »
I don't have kids yet. But in the future St. Paul will be one of my consideration. Just to share.. a new family just moved in our condo (same floor). I noticed their kids were so well-mannered, and very friendly. For their age (around 14 or 15 i guess) its not typical for them to initiate a friendly conversation with other people.  I got so curious if what school they go to and told myself i wanted my kids to grow-up like them. Then one time, i saw them with their classmates wearing St. Paul's uniform!
I remember too, a daughter of someone i knew went from this school. Before, i am expecting her to become brat basing on the way she was raised. But now, she ended up a very simple, humble, and career-oriented lady. Kudos to SPCP. I wish to have a daughter someday.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 10:18:08 am by Angelme »

tealover

  • Guest
Re: Need to decide: Poveda or St. Paul Pasig
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2015, 06:06:15 pm »
My friend sends her girls to Poveda and I can see that they are well mannered and smart.  The parents are successful doctors so true nga that most kids who go there are from well off families pero I think naman it's how you teach your kids that would ultimately be the deciding factor how they will turn out to be when they grow up.  Parents now a days are more generous to their kids, but i'm sure they would also want them to value hard work more than anything.

cldy_1981

  • Guest
Re: Need to decide: Poveda or St. Paul Pasig
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2015, 08:19:43 am »
Personally I've had interactions with girls from St. Paul and Poveda and the main difference I see is that the girls from Poveda seem to be more confident and eloquent the SPCP are more down to earth and "cowboy" but personally if I had a daughter and had to choose between the 2 schools might have to go with Poveda. I don't really know anything about the academics of these schools but Im basing my decision on the possible "influence". I know kasi that there are more "lesbians" in SPCP than in Poveda. So that's my only hesitation lang, i just want to be able to lessen that exposure or influence on daughter if ever.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close