Just sharing - warning: long read. these are some of things where we were able to save. We did splurge on some items - ie the venue, but we sticked to our budget.

I became a practical bride because of my practical groom!
1) No band/DJ - My fiance is very particular with the music. We thought band is very expensive plus we weren't really impressed with the youtube clips of the bands so out talaga. DJ - he said why get a DJ if we will give him a playlist. So, we will play music from the ipod (my fiance got this idea from his friend). The AE in our resort said they've done this in the past. Putting up a playlist is actually a fun process.

we are enjoying it. He would say, 'I have a song for you...' we'll youtube it, and normally its awww.. nice.. and will end up in the playlist.
2) Shoes - I live in Dublin and very seldom that i can use open-toed shoes (dahil whole year malamig). So even if i saw this very nice designer shoes, fiance said no. I ended up buying a €26 white wedge sandals.

And i got a customised one too from Marikina - Php1,400.

3) Fireworks - a very nice to have. pero fiance and I agreed, we dont neet it. we will use sparklers (lusis) instead and chinese skylanterns. Hopefully weather will be nice so we could light up the lanterns.

4) No SDE, AVP slideshow, etc sa wedding. - I opted for parents album than the SDE. I know I could DIY an album but professional album are still much nicer than what i can DIY. And i wanted our parents to have a very good souvenir especially for me because I live abroad. The videographer said we will get a clip of wedding highlights anyway so we have something to watch after the wedding.
5) Ento dresses and prep dress - I opted for a dress that they could use again.

Preps dresses - not going to buy one. I'm going to use dresses that i've used in weddings. okay naman na sya.
6) No prenup - we are fortunate to have traveled together a lot so we have used those pictures sa photobook and DIY Save-the-date video.

To practice
[textspeak!] shots in front of pro photogs - i bought a deal from groupon for studio shot, cost me €24. ok sya meron pa kming picture in canvass.

great deal. We did some DIY 'prenup' shots too care of my fiance. he's into photography din.