watch now

Author Topic: Party Planner Dilemma...please help!  (Read 8551 times)

workinmom

  • Guest
Party Planner Dilemma...please help!
« on: March 03, 2012, 12:38:47 am »
I've started preparing for my son's 1st birthday party and since I wanted to prepare early for it, I started  contacting the reputable planners and one PP responded promptly to my inquiries. And because of that, I was in constant communication with this PP and had even asked her to pencilbook an entertainer na for me. Then after about two weeks, another party planner sent their pricelist to me and I saw how much cheaper this other party planner's rates are. Since I'm on a tight budget, I really think that this second PP would be more practical to purchase from. So now I'm faced with the dilemma on whether I should just push thru with the first PP that I was communicating with or transfer to the second PP since I have not signed any contract with the first PP. Please please help me choose as I am having difficulty deciding. I don't want to be bastos but at the same time, being able to save money is very important to me too. Thanks!

iluvmysoldier

  • Guest
Re: Party Planner Dilemma...please help!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 08:01:08 am »
super laki ba ng difference? explain na lang to PP1 that you're on a tight budget talaga i'm sure she'll understand. since there's no contract pa naman, i think it's still ok to change PP pa. nasa maayos na paguusap lang yan...  :)

workinmom

  • Guest
Re: Party Planner Dilemma...please help!
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 10:52:31 am »
Oo e...malaki diff nila e...i want to tell PP1 nga kaya lang grabe na naging paguusap namin. Baka mabash ako sa net pag biglang di ako kumuha sa kanya...

smm_0411

  • Guest
Re: Party Planner Dilemma...please help!
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 09:03:11 pm »
^hi sis, can you pm the contact details for your PP2 kasi am starting to organize for my daughter's first bday.  Thanks.

key_of_G

  • Guest
Re: Party Planner Dilemma...please help!
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 11:56:21 pm »
^^ You can explain to your first PP na may budget constraints ka. I think if she's professional, she won't take it against you kung lilipat ka ng PP especially kung wala pa naman kayong contract. Ganun naman talaga sa business, kaya ang pinanghahawakan ng mga may business is yung contract or something that is written. Or kung talagang nahihiya ka, you may opt to get one to a few services from your 1st PP but the major ones sa new PP na lang.

workinmom

  • Guest
Re: Party Planner Dilemma...please help!
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 06:46:41 am »
@smm_0411 - kindly pm me your email add so I could send you her packages coz PP2 takes quite along time to respond to sms. This is also one reason why I like PP1 coz she repsonds promptly to emails, what more to Sms queries diba?

@key_of_G - sige siguro I could just get foodcarts from her ifever. Yun nga lang, mas mabilis magreply si PP1 ergo, mas gusto ko service nya. Kaya rin siguro sya mas mahal dahil efficient sya. Hehe.

cristina_diche

  • Guest
Re: Party Planner Dilemma...please help!
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 07:31:51 am »
You can also try being honest to your PP1 of your dilemma. 

Been through the same dilemma before and i chose to be honest to him.  And to my surprise, he gave me a discount and help me be able to save on other items by giving me tips on how i could DIY them.

Also, i found out that the other supplier is cheaper than my first choice because they are not same in quality.  The big difference on their rates is also the same difference on quality. 

Like on the styro thing, on the picture, they have the same quality.  But on the actual, totally different.  Way, way different.

workinmom

  • Guest
Re: Party Planner Dilemma...please help!
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 12:31:03 pm »
^really?....i'm so tempted to name the two PPs so I could get your honest comparative opinions of the two. Both PPs have good feedbacks but I think PP1 has more reviews than PP2. Although I read somewhere that PP2 helps out in looking for sponsors for those which venues which require it whereas PP1 only suggests venues to me when I ask her about them and describes what it looks like and all but about the sponsorship, she can't help me with it daw.  :-[

iluvmysoldier

  • Guest
Re: Party Planner Dilemma...please help!
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 01:59:27 pm »
pwede pa-pm kung sino yang 2 PP baka isa diyan yung nakuha kong PP for my son's birthday din..hehe

stolich18

  • Guest
Re: Party Planner Dilemma...please help!
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 04:26:15 pm »
Hi workinmom! Can you also kindly PM me both PPs? Parang may idea na ako kung sino si pp1. heheh bka nga sya [textspeak!] kausap ko na isa na super bilis magreply and very accommodating. Super bait nya. Kaya ko lang sya di kinuha kase di nya kaya magsponsor ng venue. Perhaps in the future that pp can add sponsorship in his/her services. hehe
You can send me a PM na lang here sa female network. Thanks!  :)

iluvmysoldier

  • Guest
Re: Party Planner Dilemma...please help!
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2012, 01:06:58 pm »
sis si PP1 lang ang kilala ko kasi nakapaginquire na din ako sa kaniya before..  suggestion ko lang sis check mo muna yung mga pictures nung previous parties nila para macompare mo kung alin ang mas ok sayo bago ka talaga magdecide. kasi mahirap naman yung mura nga tapos hindi pala sulit. siyempre naman di ba as mommies we want to get our money's worth pagdating sa mga ganyan...

workinmom

  • Guest
Re: Party Planner Dilemma...please help!
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2012, 01:24:49 pm »
oo nga e...although pictures can be deceiving din kasi at times e especially in terms of quality...pero marami ring good reviews tong si PP2 pero mas marami lang yung kay PP1

iluvmysoldier

  • Guest
Re: Party Planner Dilemma...please help!
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2012, 01:30:53 pm »
si PP2 sis parang hindi pa masyado kilala kaya siguro mas mura?

workinmom

  • Guest
Re: Party Planner Dilemma...please help!
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 02:24:46 pm »
Di ako sure pero dito ko rin sya nalaman e so I'm guessing kilala na rin sya na and when I googled for reviews on PP2 e and ganda din ng mga reviews sa kanya...

iluvmysoldier

  • Guest
Re: Party Planner Dilemma...please help!
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2012, 03:14:32 pm »
so decided ka na talaga sis kay PP2? inform mo na agad si PP1 para hindi naman siya aasa at para d niya mablock yung date na kinuha mo sana... matagal pa ba party mo? hindi naman siguro yun magagalit basta iexplain mo lang yung side mo ng mabuti.  :)

sleepy_grfld

  • Guest
Re: Party Planner Dilemma...please help!
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2012, 03:54:29 pm »
hi..pwede rin pong pa-pm ako ng contact details both ni pp1 and pp2..thanks..

workinmom

  • Guest
Re: Party Planner Dilemma...please help!
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 11:15:57 pm »
so decided ka na talaga sis kay PP2? inform mo na agad si PP1 para hindi naman siya aasa at para d niya mablock yung date na kinuha mo sana... matagal pa ba party mo? hindi naman siguro yun magagalit basta iexplain mo lang yung side mo ng mabuti.  :)

nov pa naman...pero sige just like what evilwoman told me e try ko kumuha ng ibang studf pa rin for her para nga naman di nakakahiya. Hehe

stormy

  • Guest
Re: Party Planner Dilemma...please help!
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2012, 03:13:05 pm »
@TS, yes sis satisfied ako sa serbisyo nya kasi 2x ko na sya naging PP. D ko alam na mahal pala yun isa na namention mo dahil naging PP na yan ng friend ko 2 yrs ago at simple lang naman yun decor.

D ako maka-komento sa dilemma mo kasi nga client ako nun isang PP na involved. D yata maganda na magsabi ako ng opinyon kasi definitely may bias ako :)


Goodluck sis

workinmom

  • Guest
Re: Party Planner Dilemma...please help!
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2012, 08:29:08 pm »
Shocks! Sabi sakin ni PP2 sakin i have to get full venue setup n host/magician from her if she's going to help me with my venue. This would totally be fine with me but i asked PP1 na to book my entertainer for me even before I got in touch with PP2. I really don't know what to do na with PP1 nyan....

robinemz

  • Guest
Re: Party Planner Dilemma...please help!
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2012, 01:52:18 pm »
if you don't have issues communicating with PP2 (like di na sobrang delayed ang response nya) and kampante ka na sa kanya, then just explain to PP1 that you want to stick to your budget  kaya you can't get her service na. im sure she'll understand sis.. pero if she'll respond back and say she can work with your allotted budget, at mas dami nice feedback kay PP1, siguro stick with her na lang :) naku nakagulo pa ata ako  ;D

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close