watch now

Author Topic: Dr Cohen's First Personal Diet - Thread 2  (Read 119434 times)

MGM13

  • Guest
Re: Dr Cohen's First Personal Diet - Thread 2
« Reply #140 on: March 20, 2012, 09:46:03 pm »
hehe. you're welcome sis HopeYa!

There is a facebook closed group. I'm not sure nga lang if pinoys abroad can join. Ang basis kasi nila to accept friend request is looking at their database for new members of cohen philippines. Pero I can ask them. Let me know if you guys want. kasi yun ang venue natin to share and get information. Ang laking tulong. :))

EgoAltered03

  • Guest
Re: Dr Cohen's First Personal Diet - Thread 2
« Reply #141 on: March 21, 2012, 12:41:25 am »
Hi everyone! How are y'all doing on the diet? :) I haven't posted much since I travelled over the weekend. Happy to report na wala na nga ang hunger pangs and headaches (tama ka sis wife2be, on the 4th/5th day gone!) and my body seems to be adjusting or have adjusted already.

Today is now Day 9 and unofficial weight loss so far is +/- 13 pounds at ganito ang itsura ko when I saw the scale --->  :o :o :o ! This diet totally blows my mind!!! I know we have been warned that this might just be water weight but it's still weight and I'm happy! :) Now trying to keep away from the scale so I can surprise myself on the first month weigh-in. For the next few weeks I shall let my clothes be the judge. :)

I think I hurdled some of my biggest challenges over the weekend. I went home (Manila) over the weekend and the sights and smells of my childhood food exploits were very very tempting. Imagine sitting in a car with everyone eating McDo french fries with barbecue sauce (former guilty pleasure) while I sipped through my liter bottle of water! BUT I kept telling myself -- mauubos din yang kinakain niyo! Haha. It really is mind over matter and the thought na it's really just food -- I won't die if I don't get it. That's what pulled me through.

Anyway hope everyone is doing well and by the way MGM13 nice blog! I've started one too but will share at a later time pag medyo naayos ko na. ;)

Chuwariwap

  • Guest
Re: Dr Cohen's First Personal Diet - Thread 2
« Reply #142 on: March 21, 2012, 01:00:27 am »
Best decision talaga to enroll to the Cohen program. This month marks my 6th month on the program. So far I've already lost 72lbs. :) Sadly, been deviating lately and ang laking setback nito sa weightloss ko. Must regain focus and stay on track para makaorder na rin ng refeed soon. Good luck to everyone!

wife2be

  • Guest
Re: Dr Cohen's First Personal Diet - Thread 2
« Reply #143 on: March 21, 2012, 01:59:30 am »
^^ o nga sis, please ask. sobrang kailangan namin ng support system. pare-pareho lang naman tayo Cohen.  ;)

francesigh

  • Guest
Re: Dr Cohen's First Personal Diet - Thread 2
« Reply #144 on: March 21, 2012, 11:55:01 am »
day 3 officially today =). kagabi natulog ako ng 11pm nagising ako ng 12am tpos 1am na ako nakabalik sa tulog T_T i wonder if that is from the multivitamin. kasi nung first day hindi ako uminom ng vitamins ok naman yung tulog ko pero kahapon uminom ako ayun nahirapan ako matulog. =( hindi muna ako iinom ng vitamins ngayon para malaman kung yun nga yung dahilan ng mapalitan ko if ever =) good day to everyone. 8am pa lang dito. work mode muna =)

wife2be

  • Guest
Re: Dr Cohen's First Personal Diet - Thread 2
« Reply #145 on: March 21, 2012, 01:44:32 pm »
Hi everyone! How are y'all doing on the diet? :) I haven't posted much since I travelled over the weekend. Happy to report na wala na nga ang hunger pangs and headaches (tama ka sis wife2be, on the 4th/5th day gone!) and my body seems to be adjusting or have adjusted already.

Today is now Day 9 and unofficial weight loss so far is +/- 13 pounds at ganito ang itsura ko when I saw the scale --->  :o :o :o ! This diet totally blows my mind!!! I know we have been warned that this might just be water weight but it's still weight and I'm happy! :) Now trying to keep away from the scale so I can surprise myself on the first month weigh-in. For the next few weeks I shall let my clothes be the judge. :)

I think I hurdled some of my biggest challenges over the weekend. I went home (Manila) over the weekend and the sights and smells of my childhood food exploits were very very tempting. Imagine sitting in a car with everyone eating McDo french fries with barbecue sauce (former guilty pleasure) while I sipped through my liter bottle of water! BUT I kept telling myself -- mauubos din yang kinakain niyo! Haha. It really is mind over matter and the thought na it's really just food -- I won't die if I don't get it. That's what pulled me through.

Anyway hope everyone is doing well and by the way MGM13 nice blog! I've started one too but will share at a later time pag medyo naayos ko na. ;)

Wow, sis EgoAltered03! that is one big weight loss! At ang galing ng discipline! big hug! I was waiting for your updates. nakakatuwa! Yes, please share your blog!

Sis Chuwariwap, talga in 6 months---72 lbs? that's a dream. Nakakinggit ang numbers and figures. Yes, let's focus. No more deviation!

Sis francesigh, observe your reaction sa vitamins. Dapat after breakfast mo sya inumin.. Pag hindi bagay sayo, go find another one. mag-Biotin din for the hair.. it doesn't help na sobrang harsh ng water dito sa UAE.

----update:
Lately, hindi ako makatulog ng early din. Tapos I am having trouble eating everything on my plate. busog na. and yesterday, I slipped! Omg, I ate 1 bite of chocolate. :( Birthday kasi ng student ko ang he was handing out sweets.. He was boasting how good sweets from Switzerland are. Na-bully ako as he stood there watching my reaction of ohhhhs and ahhhhs for a Swiss chocolate. wahh. :'( :'(

I haven't been on the scale yet. Ang mahal ng digital scale, sa sweldo na! So, I haven't been weighing myself. But, my clothes are loose and I needed to use a belt for the first time in my life. Kahit 15 pounds, I'll be so thankful.

Nag-iisip ako na mag-walk around after dinner. I think it will be ok since hindi naman hard-core exercise. I just plop in my bed every night.

Nga pala sisses, share lang. I have been downloading The Biggest Loser episodes. Kasi I need to feed my brain and motivation din. Nakakahelp ng willpower, kasi alam mo real people go through the same emotions of being fat and then, being more in-charge of their health. Since, grabeng exercise naman yun, i was jut like  :o with their weight loss. But more than that, ang ganda lang ng hope factor and the strength of the human spirit sa show na yun.

Hala ang haba na.. See you again, sisses!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 08:13:30 pm by wife2be »

francesigh

  • Guest
Re: Dr Cohen's First Personal Diet - Thread 2
« Reply #146 on: March 21, 2012, 07:42:55 pm »
thanks sa advice sis wife2be =). i joined the new you forum also, ang daming tao dun hehe.

discovery for today: ang sarap ng water biscuit =) dati hindi ko to kinakain kasi walang lasa. ngayon masarap na kasi ito lang ang pwede kainin eh haha

wife2be

  • Guest
Re: Dr Cohen's First Personal Diet - Thread 2
« Reply #147 on: March 21, 2012, 08:10:51 pm »
what's water biscuit?

francesigh

  • Guest
Re: Dr Cohen's First Personal Diet - Thread 2
« Reply #148 on: March 21, 2012, 09:32:09 pm »
yun yung kinakain kong cracker. JACOBS WATER BISCUIT yung name. nabili ko sa spinneys. yung recommended ingredients dun sa guide medyo similar sa biscuit na to =) tapos ang maganda pa 1 pc ng biscuit = 1 cracker equivalent so hindi ko na kailangan hatiin hehe =)

francesigh

  • Guest
Re: Dr Cohen's First Personal Diet - Thread 2
« Reply #149 on: March 21, 2012, 09:34:59 pm »
kaya pala water biscuit ang tawag kasi water daw ang ginamit na pang moist instead of oil so mababa ang fat content nya (yan yung explanation sa label)

ito lang kasi yung nakita kong biscuit na available sa market, yung suggested sa site na nabisco premium yun yung biscuit na nakaserve kasama ng soup sa chilis kaso tinanong ko san nila binibili imported pa daw from US =(

francesigh

  • Guest
Re: Dr Cohen's First Personal Diet - Thread 2
« Reply #150 on: March 21, 2012, 09:40:52 pm »
by the way, ask lang mga girls yung throat ko medyo nagsisikip epekto ba to ng diet? or baka ng aspartame, kasi sinubukan ko uminom ng coke light today yung 300mL can pero 1 lang naman. tapos ganito na naramdaman ko mga 30mins after ko uminom nung coke. dapat hindi ko na talaga ininom sumama lang tuloy pakiramdam ko. super takot pa naman ako sa aspartame =(

psyche18R

  • Guest
Re: Dr Cohen's First Personal Diet - Thread 2
« Reply #151 on: March 21, 2012, 10:58:59 pm »
how much do you spend in preparing your food?

magnolia94

  • Guest
Re: Dr Cohen's First Personal Diet - Thread 2
« Reply #152 on: March 22, 2012, 07:36:01 am »
Psyche18, I computed this before na. On average, I spend 275 per day.  Nagmamahal because I included softdrinks (which optional lang), and the yoghurt I buy is the low fat greek thats so yummy but pricey.  If I wanted to save more, there are cheaper yoghurt options or I can eat egg na lang. also, I get to save because I prefer eating chicken to beef.

psyche18R

  • Guest
Re: Dr Cohen's First Personal Diet - Thread 2
« Reply #153 on: March 22, 2012, 12:07:20 pm »
^thanks for replying. That sounds like a reasonable cost. :)

francesigh

  • Guest
Re: Dr Cohen's First Personal Diet - Thread 2
« Reply #154 on: March 22, 2012, 01:37:48 pm »
could be more inexpensive, if puro leaves ang kakainin mo like pechay, kang kong tapos partner mo sa fish like tilapia or tuna mura lang diba? =) ang pinaka maganda sa diet na to pwede ka maging creative =)

francesigh

  • Guest
Re: Dr Cohen's First Personal Diet - Thread 2
« Reply #155 on: March 22, 2012, 06:10:38 pm »
confirmed nga, yung aspartame ang reason bakit nagsisikip at dry ang throat ko. i'll eliminate aspartame from my diet =) fruits nalang ang source ng tamis =)

magnolia94

  • Guest
Re: Dr Cohen's First Personal Diet - Thread 2
« Reply #156 on: March 23, 2012, 10:54:57 am »
Francesigh, scary naman yung allergy reaction mo.  Pero aspartame nga can be dangerous.  Pero I thought with cohen, its Spenda (sucralose), not Equal (aspartame).  Anyway, best nga will be natural sweeteners in fruits.  Good na you are better.

Pink*ladybug

  • Guest
Re: Dr Cohen's First Personal Diet - Thread 2
« Reply #157 on: March 23, 2012, 10:59:06 pm »
do they have statistics kaya, on how many successful graduates they have vs how many drop outs?    i have no doubt this diet is effective, i just want to see how people are keeping the weight off once they reach maintenance.

germaine

  • Guest
Re: Dr Cohen's First Personal Diet - Thread 2
« Reply #158 on: March 24, 2012, 09:40:47 am »
hi mga sis. I'm getting inspired by your stories, planning to start with Cohen. Nahirapan kasi ako to lose weight after giving birth sa 2nd boy ko. June 2011 pa ako nanganak via CS but I still look preggy hehe.
Me substitute ba sa mga salty food sa diet? Di ako mahilig sa sweets but I can't let a day pass without corn bits or boy bawang. hehe

quian

  • Guest
Re: Dr Cohen's First Personal Diet - Thread 2
« Reply #159 on: March 24, 2012, 09:16:37 pm »
^sis, please don't be offended ha but if now pa lang you're thinking of cheating when you're in the program better not enroll na lang kasi masasayang lang pera mo.  :(  When you join the program you have to be 100% commited to changing your lifestyle. It is hard to do that but kung kakayanin madali lang talaga. All your hardships in the beginning will be worth it kung nakita mo na naglo-lose ka na ng weight.  :)

Re the installment, they offer 6 months 0% interest. I used my Citibank card not sure lang if they have a tie-up with other cc companies.

i came from another diet kasi may list ng free foods na you can take once in awhile like coke zero. sa cohen din ba may version na ganito? grabe i've been delaying for 3months to get in this program, dine dread ko kasi ang preparation. i live alone so i find it so time-consuming sa daily preparation. hindi kasi siya parang southbeach diet na maraming nag cacater. hehe. but keep it up girls, your stories are all inspiring. =)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close