Author Topic: Healthy Living❣ ☺  (Read 3655 times)

green-aholic

• Enjoying everyday of my LIFE.
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • I only got ME. ME. ME. && I Luhhhveet!! ♡♡♡
Healthy Living❣ ☺
« on: February 14, 2012, 10:39:33 am »
I wanted to be as healthy as possible. Eating less processed foods is what I wanted now. I want to change my eating habits. but how?

Any suggestions mga sis that you do to maintain healthy living and lifestyle? What foods or drinks are taken that are very beneficial to the body, for example tea, soy milk, etc.

Pls post sisses. Iwas processed foods tayo dito. :) Lets start living healthy now! :D
Fly with Me to that Happy Ever After ...
♡♡♡♡
♡♡♡
♡♡

shera

• Junior GirlTalker
    • the buddy builders
Re: Healthy Living❣ ☺
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 02:36:20 pm »
low fat milk is more often than not better than soymilk. soymilk tends to have more sugar and less protein content.

yellowpie

• GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 04:57:37 pm »
I believe it depends on individual's health condition..like me i have PCOS mas maganda ang full cream milk kesa low fat milk..in general, the best will be less sugar and carbs..para iwas diabetis and high blood.

Sa coffee ko i started using brown sugar. And im using olive oil for saute and canola oil in frying. I also make sure na meron kaming vegatable and seafood dish na menu sa isang linggo. I don't stock hotdogs,tocino, longanisa etc. na rin. [textspeak!] sa isang buwan swerte na nakakain kami ng processed meat ng 2x- maximum na yun. Yung pambili ko ng processed food i allotted sa fruits and egg with omega-3 (medyo expensive kase [textspeak!] egg w/ omega 3 eh!).

Isip pa ko ng iba..so far, yan yung mga practice ko sa bahay.

green-aholic

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 07:53:42 pm »
thanks for sharing mga sis. naku, di ko pa naeliminate ang hotdog sa bahay! basta i learned that low fat milk is better than soy milk and that its always best to have less sugar and low carbs content when eating.

sana madagdagan pa! :)
♡♡♡♡
♡♡♡
♡♡

ms_ldr

• GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 07:55:38 pm »
skimmed milk naman ang sakin.

my parents are health concious.
my mom starts making fruit shakes and then later on hinaluan na rin nya ng veggies like celery (stem and leaves), bell pepper, carrot, tomatoe. ok to samin kasi if hinde makaluto ulam na may gulay, at least merong intake ng veggies at fruit in a day.

hinde pa maiwasan yung processed foods, hotdog, chicken nuggets, canned foods, pancit canton, life saver kasi namin yun pag walang maisip na pambaon ng anak ko sa school. dati kasi may time ako to make chicken sandwich, tuna sandwich, tuna and salad, or spag, may new baby kasi so hinde pa nakaka adjust.

si hubby health concious rin, mas gusto fish ang ulam. so madalas fish ulam namin iba ibang luto. 

lonelymiss28

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 08:19:20 pm »
I dont believe that you need to spend a lot of money on being healthy.

Here are my suggestions:
*minimize stress in your life, do things that makes you happy (yung hindi ka gagastos like instead of shopping do window shopping, or go to a park etc.),
*be positive in life,
*eat lots of fruit and veggies (this make sound expensive but buy only whats in season para makasave ka,
*be with positive people,
*laugh a lot,
*get enough sleep (at least 6-8 hrs.)
*drink lots of water.
*exercise (walk pag malapit lang, take the stairs kahit 2 floors lang everyday.)
*if you have a problem share it with someone you trust or here sa gt.
*do something that will make you look good (as simple as putting on your favorite lipstain or lipstain, put on a little cologne kasi if we think we look good, we feel better).
*make someone happy (like smile to a total stranger sa subway, or compliment somebody sa work or even your mom.)

I try to live healthy but then sometimes pag wala tayo nito or something nadi-discourage na tayo but healthy living is not just about eating or exersice but a combination of small things that we can incorporate in our lives.

green-aholic

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 09:17:28 pm »
♡♡♡♡
♡♡♡
♡♡

jappsie

• The Globe Trekker
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 05:51:00 pm »
I'm a vegetarian so no meat at all though I still include fish in my diet for the good cholesterol.
I do vinyasa and ashtanga yoga regularly
Only brown rice, wheat bread, skim milk, and brown sugar
Said goodbye to coffee and fastfood for 2 months now... Yay!  :D

I take supplements (antioxidants, minerals, calcium, fish oil,  lutein and for liver detox). Our liver kasi is the most neglected organ in our body. It takes in all the toxins but we never get to cleanse it. No matter how much supplements and healthy foods we take, they won't have any effect if our liver is inflamed.  Bad news...the liver is a silent organ. We won't feel any symptom of inflammation until it's too late. 

Sweets are only for treats and special occasions  ;D
No to sodas and other flavored drinks
No smoking
No beer and hard drinks.  Only red wine
 :)
The Earth is a book. If you do not travel, you have read only one page - St. Augustine

ms_ldr

• GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 06:33:30 pm »
^curious lang ako sa mga supplements? hinde ba liver rin natatamaan nyan if taking a lot of meds?

jappsie

• The Globe Trekker
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 02:24:41 am »
Not if you take natural supplements  :) Problem is with synthetic medicines especially potent ones like maintenance drugs and antibiotics. The liver takes a lot of beating. The supplements I take naman are all natural, mostly made from antioxidants and as 'natural' denotes,  plant based.
The Earth is a book. If you do not travel, you have read only one page - St. Augustine

maman

• GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 02:01:01 pm »
Here are some tips:

Avoid inflammatory foods like processed meat, chocolates, alcohol to avoid cancer.
Drink salabat. Ginger daw has anti-inflammatory benefits.
Use brown sugar or honey as sweetener.
Iwas sa fastfood.
Drink at least 8 glasses of water.
Buko juice daw has lots of health benefits, we try to drink at least once a week.
Exercise regularly. Walking, yoga or dancing help blood circulation.
Iwasan ang stress. Kung pwedeng taguan, taguan siya hehe. Major cause daw yan ng illness nowadays.
Pray a lot.
Have a positive outlook in life. Smile and laugh more.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close