watch now

Author Topic: Online Dating  (Read 105399 times)

kvandenhaak

  • Guest
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #200 on: March 31, 2016, 12:39:47 am »
^LOL! I'm 45 already, I don't have plans to have kids anymore. At wala syang naging anak from ex-wife. I already have an 11-year old though. M

My concern is more like if FB is spying on us. It's not like it's not possible. But yeah, baka nga "tadhana"....LOL!

Ma.Jewel_1987

  • Guest
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #201 on: May 30, 2016, 03:44:42 pm »
Gumawa kami ng friend ko ng account sa OKCupid katuwaan lang, may nagpropose na sakin ng kasal hahahah. Nakakaloka then usually nagmemesage indians lol. Pero may mababait din na americans and hot latinos. I suggest wag nyo lang seseryosohin kasi baka mahopia kayo.

ohcmon

  • Guest
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #202 on: May 30, 2016, 04:53:11 pm »
Sisses, bumingo ako sa Tinder!! ;D

Have been swiping right 'pag bored sa bahay or pahinga dito sa office (lol). Matched with this guy, pasok na pasok sa banga! Have been seeing each other every single day since our first date. :p

Tyagaan lang, sisses. Nung naka-match ko itong si guy ang tagal before kami lumabas for coffee na muntik ko pa siya hindi siputin hahaha tapos ngayon tulog at trabaho na lang ang time apart namin, nakakaloka lang.

Ma.Jewel_1987

  • Guest
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #203 on: May 30, 2016, 04:56:15 pm »
Wow galing sis, foreigner ba yan?yun sana target market ko eh hahaha.

ohcmon

  • Guest
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #204 on: May 30, 2016, 04:59:41 pm »
^ Pinoy siya sis eh. Marami din naman AFAMs sa Tinder, though pansin ko puro Middle Eastern 'yung mga naka-base talaga dito, tapos meron pakonti-konti na Western backpackers pero syempre malamang hook up lang hanap nung mga 'yun haha.

imyourangel

  • Guest
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #205 on: June 04, 2016, 10:13:02 pm »
Never tried. I remembered back then when I was still single, puro chat lang ako then pag meetup na I never had the guts to say yes to them. Lol introvert probs
Guess it's not for me. Buti na lang I met someone personally. :P

jtansanco

  • Guest
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #206 on: June 05, 2016, 09:27:47 am »
Online dating is the only way I can "date" right now. I am currently chatting this girl I met online. We chat on Snapchat and even Skyped. She's about 7-8 younger than me -_- but we're open-minded. The thing is, I'm from San Francisco and she's from Toronto. Haha. I hope to see her in the next two months. Mukhang ang mahal ng date nato! Haha

Girltalker2

  • Guest
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #207 on: June 05, 2016, 07:26:39 pm »

^ good luck to you jtansanco, sana mahanap mo na trulab mo :))

Just curious, how come you still pursue LDR? just thought if one has an option na local sana, better at less hassle. But perhaps LDR adds excitement to the relationship din? IDK, that's why I'm asking...


amethyst028

  • Guest
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #208 on: June 05, 2016, 11:41:30 pm »
^i have a friend LDR sila, they met in bangkok and on the first night they had s*x and a year later they got married. my friend is gay who is based here yung hubby niya nasa abroad. they seem fine naman parang every 2 or 3 months my friends goes to the country of the guy or the guy comes here. my friend is already petitioned by her husband nakabili na rin si guy ng bahay pare tirahan nila.

i guess LDR is for people who couldn't find their match locally. minsan rin kasi iba ang wavelength ng mga tao sa country mo or something. it's not difficult nowadays because of the internet. and i guess it is for people who are open to move to the country of their partner eventually. it's impossible to go on forever like that.

jtansanco

  • Guest
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #209 on: June 07, 2016, 04:31:55 am »
^^ If I can find someone locally, why not? And that's where the problem lies... LDR as a form of excitement? Hell no. LDR is my last resort because it's not easy finding someone here especially as an Asian male. I kind of figured out what the stereotype is on why Asian males are at the bottom of the totem pole here. Baka may kilala ka dyan, Girltalker2?  ;)

junetwentythree

  • Guest
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #210 on: June 07, 2016, 07:13:16 am »
^ Aren't you in the Bay Area? I'm curious as to why you think Asians are at the bottom of the totem pole, bro.

Girltalker2

  • Guest
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #211 on: June 07, 2016, 02:18:04 pm »

^ actually true, dami na Asians sa California, at least last I remembered. Feeling Ko nga parang nasa Asia ka na eh. Most people black na hair hehe, unlike sa East Coast.

jtansanco

  • Guest
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #212 on: June 08, 2016, 05:42:14 am »
^ In this area, it's mostly Chinese and Latinas. It's easy to make friends but not easy to find a lover in my opinion. Introvert po. Hahaha

^^ Asian MALES. Haha. Asian girls are just below the Caucasian girls when it comes to attractiveness. They're viewed as "exotic" which is why you see a lot of White man, Asian woman couples. On the other hand, Asian males are nowhere to be found. When was the last time you saw an Asian male being the lead actor in a movie? If I understand correctly, back in the day, the Chinese were trying to migrate into the US and they were being barred to buy land. I even heard stories about US citizenship being revoked if a non-Asian woman (White, Latina, Black, Mixed, and etc) decided to marry an Asian man. Of course, this was decades or centuries ago but that's where the stereotype started. Iba lang talaga tingin sa Asian males dito. Our physique is generally smaller compared to other races and mukha ata kaming nerd. Haha

 

junetwentythree

  • Guest
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #213 on: June 08, 2016, 08:04:51 am »
^ Nah, that kind of thinking of why White males are with Asian women is passe. Maybe the older ones who are looking for young prey, yeah  ::) We live in a modern world and excuses like this no longer fly or at least it shouldn't.

I'm originally from the Bay Area, by the way. I grew up just 45 minutes north of the Golden Gate bridge. Some of my Asian girlfriends ended up with Asian life partners and I dated a bunch of Asian guys and they were all great :) It just so happens that I've switched my personal preference to Caucasians nowadays but that's just me  ;)

jtansanco

  • Guest
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #214 on: June 08, 2016, 09:44:42 am »
^ Modern world? Let's see. That's your opinion and I have mine. It's like saying if San Francisco accepts the LGBT group, then all other states (and people) should accept the LGBT group. Haha. I used to think only old White males go for exotic Asians because that's how I viewed things in the PH but that's not necessarily the case. I see a lot of those couples here. It's very rare to see the opposite considering I've been living here for 2.5 years. It's either you're handsome or you're rich. If you don't have those, don't even bother going for White girls. Asians tend to end up with Asians. That's normal. It's like the case of [textspeak!]-Chi and [textspeak!]. It's common to see a [textspeak!]-Chi guy with a Pinay but it's rare to see a Pinoy with a [textspeak!]-Chi girl. Probably because of family influence. :)

junetwentythree

  • Guest
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #215 on: June 08, 2016, 10:32:26 am »
^ Brah, getting defensive already? :o I'm not trying to fight with you here. As I said I grew up in the Bay Area and when I say grow up, I mean I spent my formidable teenage years there -- oh about 13 years of my life? So I've seen what's it's like and stated what I thought was the case.

But maybe you're right. It has been almost 12 years since I moved to NYC. So perhaps things have changed. Then again my Filipino buddy is actually dating a white girl, they've been together for several years now actually. He's the more petite stature and his girl is taller but they get along just fine anyway. He's not a rich guy by any means, hell I don't even know if he has a car (he does have a really cool bicycle -- and I mean a bike not a motorcycle). I'm just saying it could still happen -- it's not an unheard of possibility. You're making it sound like it's impossible and that it looks really bleak out there. I'm just trying to give you hope, brah. That's all.

jtansanco

  • Guest
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #216 on: June 08, 2016, 11:33:13 am »
^ Really? Do I sound defensive? Haha. This is how I normally talk/write... Anyway, you're a Pinay, New Yorker, and San Franciscan so I guess you've seen it better than I did. Considering the Internet and social media are my social life, I guess my perspective is only a tiny speck of what's out there. I'll just stick to my Filipino-Chinese mentality because it's who I am anyway. Looks like one of your friends is the rare breed. Good for him.

Gaysha

  • Guest
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #217 on: July 03, 2016, 02:40:59 pm »
^I'm gay and my partner is a white caucasian male. I have just been to the US, mostly in the East Coast. And most in rural America! I mean, rural by being an hour away from the biggest city of the state. As an Asian (male?), I would say, I'm like a celeb because literally heads turn when I enter. I thought at first its a racist thing, so I ask my partner. He said it's because they're not used to seeing so many Asians here.

Then out of boredom, I joined Tinder and Baidoo. I'm so much sought after too in those who are "nearby" in those apps. Guys like Asians and I asked them why, and they said they just do and that we have smooth skin and generally attractive. In fairness, mukha din naman akong gawpo (maganda) sa Pinas, modesty aside. Medyo may mga tumitingin tingin din dito kahit mga babae. magbuhat ng sariling bangko lol..So, I mean, for me, based on my experience as an Asian in America, make that gay asian in America, although they really can't tell if an Asian is gay BTW unless mag makeup or maging super effem, they really dig Asian men!!!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 09:20:56 am by Gaysha »

saqqara

  • Guest
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #218 on: July 08, 2016, 07:24:06 pm »
I joined this online thing  years ago po like 2012 then I met this guy on a dating site we skyped, viber2x kami I thought everything was going okay,  may pa Like2x pa siya sa akin daw lol, sabi naman niya maybe pupunta siya dito so excited ako, then suddenly nawala lang [textspeak!] na parang  bula I messaged him pero walang reply nah.
 
 Ewan ko bah anong nangyari sensitive siguro he was 20 years older than me. Last conversation we had was he called me right after he woke up so gabi yung dito , morning sa kanila he told me about his dream last night,  na pumunta siya dito sa pinas  tapos nag cook daw ako for him,my family was there pa daw , eh I told him "ME TOO I DREAMT OF YOU" sabi niya really? eh ako naman sabi ko "JOKE"  lol  loka loka ako eh at krung krung , Eh may nag knock sa door eh sabi ko sandali lang ha e open ko muna yung auntie ko, after that he put down the phone and when I called him wala na hindi na siya nag reply bah,  then after months siguro mga after 4 months pa "HI, HELLO na lang siya sa skype. Parang dun wala na masyado ako narinig after that nahiya na ako eh.
 
 Then now my problem,  I saw him sa "PEOPLE YOU MAY KNOW" on FACEBOOK, yung suggestion thingy sa fb eh wala naman kami common friends, plus bago na rin gamit ko na number, bakit kaya nandun siya napansin ko rin na he used his real family name dun, the one he told me pala was his mother's maiden name na apelyido niya that time when we chatted pa, sabi niya  wala siyang fb that time nung 2012.   I got curious when I saw his fb last week  and viewed his profile  last 2013 pala siya nag start mag fb,  ewan ko bah why do I suddenly miss him mga sis?  :-\  :'( Is it because I'm single lol I want to add him pero nahihiya ako after all that text messages I send him walang reply talaga.
Is it okay ba to message him again ba ? like HI, HELLO lang. Baka may gf na siya noh? ewan ko ang gulo utak ko to the point nag t- toss ako ng coins  lol  ;D ;D
  And when I thought I was over him bakit ganito na feel ko??  :-[ 
 I need your suggestions po. Help pls mga sis, Thanks po.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 07:30:27 pm by saqqara »

honeybunny

  • Guest
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #219 on: July 08, 2016, 09:02:03 pm »
^sis, if he wants you, you dont have to second guess it. he will reach out to you. just leave him alone. i thinks he wants it din naman

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close