watch now

Author Topic: Online Dating  (Read 105155 times)

junetwentythree

  • Guest
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #180 on: March 15, 2016, 08:42:53 am »
^ You know what, YOLO! But as always, have a backup plan (which I'm sure you already do!). You sound like a small lass, so have have a blast and stay safe!

mooncake and leaves

  • Guest
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #181 on: March 15, 2016, 09:31:07 am »
The way I see it, if you cross off online dating because you think you'll only meet psychos & horndogs or because you think it's beneath you, it suggests you're desperate or ugly-- you have a very narrow view of dating. Online dating is just one of the means to meet people. It gives you the opportunity to meet people you otherwise have no chance of ever knowing. Even if it doesn't work out, at the very least, you get to know other people and get to learn what you want in someone. And who cares what other people think?  Just say, fine, I'm ugly as f*ck but I'm getting laid on a regular basis. Ain't that a win. 😅

I've gone on dates with guys I met online. My suggestion is, meet up as soon as possible. Text, talk then go out. Be smart, be safe.

badw33d

  • Guest
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #182 on: March 22, 2016, 08:01:11 pm »
^yes only on the mobile number, others, NO.

red_yesha

  • Guest
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #183 on: March 23, 2016, 06:27:04 am »
^^naku wag basta basta magbibigay ng personal info mamaya dugo dugo gang yan etc. Hirap magtiwala ngayon.

kvandenhaak

  • Guest
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #184 on: March 23, 2016, 07:06:10 am »
I only give my first name (para di ma-search sa Facebook), the city where I live. I have a Nextplus number that I use so I don't have to give my real number. I have an email I created for that purpose also. I don't give any other information other than the above.

killbill

  • Guest
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #185 on: March 25, 2016, 04:15:23 am »
If they ask for my number, ibibigay ko. Pwede ko naman sila i block anytime. Then ask ko sila anong fb or ig nila. Pag nagsabi excuses like hindi sila active sa fb etc., alam nang may tinatago. As much as possible kung i me meet ko sila gagamitin ko muna stalking skills para mag background check haha. If they ask about my work or kung san ako nakatira, generic answers lang.

Met 2 guys pa lang. Both are okay. We dated pero hindi naman nag blossom into a relationship, Lol. Nakakausap ko pa din naman sila.


TomHansen

  • Guest
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #186 on: March 26, 2016, 05:21:37 pm »
Just an FYI girls they can use your number to search for you on fb kapag nakatali yung number niyo sa mobile settings.

Girltalker2

  • Guest
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #187 on: March 28, 2016, 07:22:58 pm »
The way I see it, if you cross off online dating because you think you'll only meet psychos & horndogs or because you think it's beneath you, it suggests you're desperate or ugly-- you have a very narrow view of dating.

Ouch! Sorry naman, I think I'm one of those who think I will only meet scam peeps there. I guess it also boils down to luck. I always believed I'm not as lucky when it comes to drawing lots or by chance, so if I'm going to enter something indefinite (endless choices iyan Pag online dating), I'm sure I will not land on the right one. Tsaka mas umiiral din ang takot. I'd rather meet someone in person first (na may kakilala ako na kinalaman sya) rather than 'like' him online only to be disappointed later.

Kanya kanyang style what works for you. :))

michipoo

  • Guest
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #188 on: March 28, 2016, 08:29:51 pm »
I've been using tinder for a month, so far okay naman siya. and its fun. dami makakausap :)

amethyst028

  • Guest
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #189 on: March 29, 2016, 09:50:02 am »
@Girltalker2 noon siguro nung nag start pa lang ang online dating it had a bad stigma. but it has already evolved. most people are busy and usually work bahay lang so they don't get to meet new people. ikaw naman ang pipili ng kakausapin at ime-meet mo so you have to be discerning. same in real life you get to choose who you want to talk to.

i've met decent guys may lawyer, doctor from italy, commercial model, engineer from spain, businessmen, record executive from u.s., and may manager from bmw and executive of san miguel corp. it's fun to meet new people. mostly dinner and coffee ang meet up and public place like the mall. wala naman bastos or nag ask sakin for sex or nag scam. mukhang madami pero i didn't meet them magkakasunod. different year or months. hindi rin naman ako yung tipo na pag may na meet iniisip ko na agad na he is the one or something. as i've said before may mga ma meet ka na pwede mo maging friend or business connection if you're industry is related.

i guess online dating is just one of the ways to meet people, pwede ka may ma meet sa ibang activity like during trips, taking a class, going to bars, etc. avenue lang siya pero siyempre hindi ka naman mag de-depend dun to find love. 

Shadow Angel

  • Guest
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #190 on: March 29, 2016, 06:37:54 pm »
^tama ka dyan. Before i got married to my hubby now. Dami ko rin na meet na businessman can't imagine that marami sa kanila busy. May na meet pa nga ako na medyo nalula ako sa sobrang yaman ayaw ko ng ganun out of my circle. Marami rin taga bank and engineer. So far during my journey sa online dating wala naman ako na experienced na scam or anything be conscious and follow your instincts hindi naman kailangan ibigay ang lahat ng full details mo. Or. Private life

kvandenhaak

  • Guest
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #191 on: March 29, 2016, 10:11:38 pm »
Yes, there's a lot of decent guys online. They just don't have the time to go out.

Question though sa Tinder. Di ba your location is determined by the GPS? I am just wondering why the guy I am dating right now appeared in my list eh nasa Mexico sya when we met. Also, I set my limit to only within 100 kms. Even if he was home, he's 150 kms away from where we live. Also, after we met, Facebook suggested him to me. Something weird happened there. Not that I am complaining. We're doing so well right now!

TomHansen

  • Guest
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #192 on: March 29, 2016, 11:45:23 pm »
^ there are 2 ways to change your location in tinder, either you get tinder plus(paid version) or spoof your phone's gps using an app. Sa fb, did you try searching him before pa kayo magkita? When i was still using tinder ganyan din nangyayari sinusuggest yung sinearch ko days after.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 12:58:05 am by TomHansen »

kvandenhaak

  • Guest
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #193 on: March 29, 2016, 11:52:24 pm »
^No, I never tried searching him on FB kasi di ko naman alam ang last name nya. And of all the people I met, first time nangyari sa akin yun.

mooncake and leaves

  • Guest
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #194 on: March 30, 2016, 12:12:06 am »
^^ never used tinder but i'm assuming if he was in mexico at the time you guys met but his permanent residence is within your area, tinder may have overlooked that/ remembered his original location.

as for fb, as soon as you have him on your contacts, he will show up talaga as a friend suggestion.

Girltalker2: no, the post wasn't about you in particular. i understand your apprehensions. my thing though is online dating is easy, convenient. It expands your network and you never have to worry about the awkwardness of telling your friend that they paired you with a complete letdown. The upside of online dating far outweighs the down. And to completely remove the possibility of finding someone worth knowing out of fear or prejudice about the method is not the most reasonable approach to dating.

There are clowns out there, sure. I've met guys who would love nothing but to send me pictures of their junk. 😅 Guys who would use me as a beard. Guys who used my messaging bubbles as Instagram. But I've met good men online, too. Just like offline, there are losers and there are winners. 🙂

kvandenhaak

  • Guest
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #195 on: March 30, 2016, 12:37:22 am »
^No, he lives 150 kms away. Contacts in my phone? FB can see who are in my phone?

jtansanco

  • Guest
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #196 on: March 30, 2016, 07:01:30 am »
^ I think what she meant was your mobile number is connect on FB. If you typed a mobile number on FB search, the owner's profile will show up.

jbailey

  • Guest
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #197 on: March 30, 2016, 09:59:36 pm »
Update us your love story in the making

kvandenhaak

  • Guest
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #198 on: March 30, 2016, 10:15:22 pm »
^^But I didn't search him whatsoever in FB. I wasn't that interested that time kasi. So, nagulat na lang nung sinuggest ng FB. I asked him last night, btw, if he is a paid subscriber in Tinder. He said nope!

TomHansen

  • Guest
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #199 on: March 31, 2016, 12:13:33 am »
^ wala na rin akong maisip baka masyado lang magaling magspy ng info ang fb.. Hayaan mo na lang sis isipin mo na lang na tadhana yan para someday kiligin mga anak niyo kapag kinwento mo how you met their father. :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close