watch now

Author Topic: Beauty Minimalism/Tips/Techniques  (Read 56350 times)

chiqmom

  • Guest
Re: Beauty Minimalism
« Reply #260 on: April 12, 2013, 10:32:52 pm »
dati din i love collecting makeup pero since lagi lang natatapon and hindi nauubos, i started buying stuffs that i really need na lang. 

here's what i have now:
2 tubes of BB creams
3 lipsticks
2 powder foundation
2 powder blushes
1 loose powder
a maskara

meron din ako 1 palette of eye shadows that i use when i attend a meeting or a party. on normal days, i just wear bb cream, powder, and lipstick.


ladychris17

  • Guest
Re: Beauty Minimalism
« Reply #261 on: April 12, 2013, 11:57:02 pm »
^ganyn din ako Ali. Ang masama pa, lagi ko nakakalimutan bumili ng bubblewrap! Hahaha! Will definitely destash next week :)

Yes! Lippies! Haha

k_heart

  • Guest
Re: Beauty Minimalism
« Reply #262 on: April 13, 2013, 12:17:39 am »
^ang daming lippies ni sis Caren kaya lang karamihan red.ha!ha! pag may 3 red lippies kasi ako
feeling ko sobra na. one actually is enough for me! : )

junepets

  • Guest
Re: Beauty Minimalism
« Reply #263 on: April 15, 2013, 03:51:34 pm »
I have a bb cream, foundation and finishing powder..

a blush, and a lipgloss.. pag sinisipag... drawingan ko rin eyebrows ko..

pag may occasion... eyeshadow and lipstick lang nadagdag... ;)

sakura_bloom

  • Guest
Re: Beauty Minimalism
« Reply #264 on: April 15, 2013, 09:44:11 pm »
I should practice this more. Kaya lang pag may bago na collection or item na bre-break eh.. :(

sweet.trish

  • Guest
Re: Beauty Minimalism
« Reply #265 on: April 16, 2013, 05:13:06 am »
Sa make up hindi na masyado. Wala na ko time mag make up. Ang marami ko ngayo eh soap. Sa banya may blue, white, at orange bars hehe. Iba pa yung asian secrets at dove body wasg. Lotions din pampuno ng tokador kahit natatamad ako maglagay ngayon kasi ang init. I have a lot of facial masks and moisturizers in fairness nakatulong nawala yung pimple marks ko. Lakas kasi maka impluwensya ng gt kaya kung ano ano gusto ko itry

sweeterthansweet

  • Guest
Re: Beauty Minimalism
« Reply #266 on: April 16, 2013, 05:22:04 pm »
i've been into make up since college and now that i'm already working, mas nagiging wise ako sa mga pinag bibili ko. before, kung anong bagong labas, hala sige! bili! (haha)

what i have atm:

revlon colorstay foundation for combo skin (2 bottles i mix to achieve the perfect shade)
mac studio fix powder foundation
naked palette 1
2 mac blushes
brow powder
brow gel (girl boy)
dark brown eyeliner (nature republic)
lipsticks (2reds, 2corals, 2 pinks)
lipliner
concealer
highlighter

hanson15

  • Guest
Re: Beauty Minimalism/Tips/Techniques
« Reply #267 on: May 22, 2013, 01:09:34 pm »
i need this list of products for makeup. Wala pa rin akong makeup kit kahit pang everyday makeup lang.

Ano ba mga need nahirapan ako sa dami tama ba to:

1. moisturizer or toner
2. bb cream
3. loose powder
4. eyeliner
5. eye shadow
6. blush
7. lipstick

Ireneeeeee

  • Guest
Re: Beauty Minimalism/Tips/Techniques
« Reply #268 on: May 23, 2013, 10:15:34 am »
for 7 years na nagmemakeup ako.. eto ang mga basics ko para magmukhang presentable.

1. moisturizer para kumapit makeup (pwede na dito sunblock)
2. a nice foundation. oily skin ako kaya i found that i do better with powder foundi
3. brow makeup (pencil or powder)
4. lip and cheek tint (para double purpose na and really is more long lasting than powder)
5. mascara
6. eyeliner
7. concealer
8. lipbalm/ lipstick.

ayan.

kung arte artehan mode tsaka lang ako nageeyeshadow and bronzer :)

basic tools sa kikay kit ko..

1. mascara/ brow brush
2. brush for powder retouch
3. eyelash curler.

sugardrop

  • Guest
Re: Beauty Minimalism/Tips/Techniques
« Reply #269 on: January 14, 2015, 05:12:17 am »
I'd like to bump this thread as this is my beauty goal for this year. Medyo nag-stray ako dito but to be fair, I'm no longer as impulsive as I was before when it comes to makeup. Medyo effective yung letting go of something before buying either by giving it away or selling it.

Edited to add:

And I don't check out holiday collections or whatever new collection a brand launches.

If I think I want something, I look for negative reviews or contemplate if I have something quite similar to it on my stash. If it doesn't work, I repeatedly look at swatches on blogs and if I get bored looking at it, I pass on it. Means I don't really want it.

Hindi na rin ako nagpapadala sa pag napanaginipan ko eh I must have it.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 05:20:57 am by sugardrop »

tiggerlily

  • Guest
Re: Beauty Minimalism/Tips/Techniques
« Reply #270 on: January 15, 2015, 05:01:26 am »
Buti na lang napadaan ako dito bago pa ako maadik ng tuluyan. I just started learning about makeup last november. Napilitan ko aralin since wala ako mabook na MUA for 2 december weddings. And that os the start. I hanced upon lots of makeup sales since then nd ang dami ko nabili. Altbough sale naman. Sayang pa din if hindi ko magamit lahat. There's these 2 maybelline items pa that I want to throw away because of paraben content. Planning to buy a traincase pa because of the clutter it is bringing to my vanity table. Maybe I should unfollow those ig sellers of makeups and traincases?

I'm stopping the hoarding na from now on. Unless may maubos na makeup. And will just concentrate on improving the skin within - derma ang gastusan. Hahaha!

So lucky with a husband who is very generous when it comes to my any luho. :)

rae

  • Guest
Re: Beauty Minimalism/Tips/Techniques
« Reply #271 on: January 15, 2015, 05:36:44 am »
Something new I'm doing na sobrang effective: I subscribed to active personal finance and investment blogs, tapos yun yung palagi kong binabasa (everyday). Na-pprevent ako magpunta sa mall para "magtingin" and na-pprevent ako magcheck out ng bagong launch na products. Para syang daily reminder. :)

WickedWitchOfTheWest

  • Guest
Re: Beauty Minimalism/Tips/Techniques
« Reply #272 on: January 15, 2015, 01:05:40 pm »
Lately behave na ako sa makeup purchases. I'm quite happy with what I have, after all I reach for more or less the same things everyday. I realized I can actually live with 5 shades of lipstick, 1 blush, 1 bronzer, 2 kinds of foundation, and 1 eyebrow product, 1 eye palette for special occasions and mascara. Skincare-wise, I have my staples na din. I've also quit trying whatever new technology comes along since my skin usually can't tolerate it anyways.

Finding what works and being content with that helps. Wag magpapadala sa mga claims and advertisements! Hahaha! Kahit na raves by bloggers and by the online community, there's a very good chance what works for others aren't going to work for you. Yun lang. Hehe.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 01:08:55 pm by WickedWitchOfTheWest »

lyrahs

  • Guest
Re: Beauty Minimalism/Tips/Techniques
« Reply #273 on: January 15, 2015, 05:03:56 pm »
Buti na lang din huminto na ako sa ka-adikan ko sa make-up, lalo ngayon na may financial goal talaga ako. Pag napapadaan ako sa mall at parang tinatawag ako ng mga make up store, iisipin ko lahat ng make up na meron pa ako at sasabihin ko sa sarili ko na dapat maubos ko lahat ng make up na meron ako.

Sa ngayon ang gamit ko lang primer, highlighter, concealer, eyebrow pencil, eyeliner, blush (minsan meron, madalas wala) at lipgloss

Antigone

  • Guest
Re: Beauty Minimalism/Tips/Techniques
« Reply #274 on: January 16, 2015, 04:02:58 am »
Mga teh, sa sobrang minimalist, napanisan na ko ng mokap!

moningapao

  • Guest
Re: Beauty Minimalism/Tips/Techniques
« Reply #275 on: January 16, 2015, 10:47:42 am »
bb cream, tinted lipbalm and mascara  :) almost na obsess ako sa make-up sa kakapanood ng make-up gurus sa youtube but in the long run, it's better to focus more on skincare products and routines.

nixmusic

  • Guest
Re: Beauty Minimalism/Tips/Techniques
« Reply #276 on: January 16, 2015, 12:12:23 pm »
I stick to a routine para hindi ko maisip na mag hoard. For skincare, I make sure that I only have one of each on my bathroom counter:
-facial wash
-facial scrub
-toner
-moisturizer and sunblock

My vanity has a little bit more stuff:
-2 tubes of BB cream
-2 pots of cream foundation
-1 concealer
-1 compact face powder
-1 compact eyebrow powder
-1 gel eyeliner
-3 lipsticks
-1 mineral powder blush
-1 eyelash curler
-1 tweezer
-1 travel brush set

I'm not a fan of eyeshadows so I don't have any. I promised myself not to buy anything new muna so kahit may bagong labas na products, hindi ko nata-try agad unless maubos yung ones I currently use.

sugardrop

  • Guest
Re: Beauty Minimalism/Tips/Techniques
« Reply #277 on: January 16, 2015, 10:41:04 pm »
Earlier I was tempted to buy some Too Faced and Tarte makeups. Luckily, I fought the urge to buy them as I just pre-ordered something. Then I decided to organize my makeup in such a way that I'll see everything I have which will remind me of how much or little I still have. While it's nice to look at lotsa makeup, it's impractical to have such a very huge anount of makeup.

Dati excited ako manood ng makeup collection videos and even wanted to have drawers and drawers of makeup. While hindi totoo yung shelf life na naka-indicate, if you have hundreds of makeup, chances are at least half of it eh mapapanis lang if you are not a mua or you don't do other people's makeup. I still watch collection videos but appreciate those who have "realistic" amount of makeup.

iwannabeasupermodel

  • Guest
Re: Beauty Minimalism/Tips/Techniques
« Reply #278 on: January 18, 2015, 10:57:30 am »
ako dati mej makeup horder na everytime i go sa mall pag uwi may something ako. and i buy blushes and foundies like crazy (as in sa foundie minsan kakabili ko palang nung isa and i buy another kind of foundie kaagad).

now i just stick na lang sa ginagamit ko muna. they work for me and i'm pretty happy and contented with how they look like sa akin so ayun. i think i become more "mature" sa pagbili ng makeup starting the later part of last year. plus my i've learned valuable tips and tricks and improved my technique immensely kaya din siguro ganun. tsaka i live on two different places, so i only bring yung "essentials" ko sa condo and leave all others (to rot lol) dito sa bahay ko talaga. nacocontrol ko na sarili ko and i can talk myself out of it kahit na may sale man.

now i only use 2 bb creams na i alternate, one blush, one setting powder, a highlighter, a mascara (but on times i want to put mascara), eyeliner (if i want and added "omp") and yung lip gloss/balm that i use.

pocahontas

  • Guest
Re: Beauty Minimalism/Tips/Techniques
« Reply #279 on: May 16, 2016, 01:46:14 pm »
up ko lang to mga sis. how's your journey to beauty minimalism? I'm having a hard time sticking to my plan. lalo na pag may sale sa  watson at sa avon   :(

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close