watch now

Author Topic: Beauty Minimalism/Tips/Techniques  (Read 56254 times)

Antigone

  • Guest
Beauty Minimalism/Tips/Techniques
« on: February 05, 2012, 09:43:27 am »
I was recently looking at my stash (also known as "altar") and I realized how much I've been spending on makeup, skincare, shower stuff, beauty needs. This, when the products I use regularly are Dove soap, Physiogel AI moisturizer (alternate with Physiogel Intensive nowadays,) Neutrogena sunblock, and Lewis and Pearl oil controlling de-taktak powder.

I do not wear makeup, but like looking at them. And buy them for that purpose. Crazy, right?

To date, I have three liquid foundations, a couple of powder foundation, several blushes, few bottles of perfumes, lipsticks and lipglosses I do not even know where I threw...still minimal compared to most of you, yes, but for me, with my kind of "beauty" (if you can call it that) routine, my collection is definitely excessive.

So I am trying this thing I'd like to call Beauty Minimalism - I will only buy what I use. Ogling at pretty stuff allowed, sure, not wallet tightly shut. Of course, I will need to have foundation, blush, gloss, mascara for special occasions, but I will try to stop this insane constant wanting to try out new stuff, buying them, and then putting it in my "altar" because they all look so pretty up there.

Wish me luck. And if there are a few of you like me, I am inviting you to join me here in this thread/ journey to Beauty Minimalism.

And maybe throw our hard-earned dough to Apple instead? (kidding! :P )
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 08:56:05 am by mama squeak! »

faghag

  • Guest
Re: Beauty Minimalism
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 04:20:45 pm »
Cheers to you! I've recently decided to do this: finish products first before buying. And only buy stuff I need, not just want. I think I am worse than you are. My dresser is crammed with products!

_gigles_

  • Guest
Re: Beauty Minimalism
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 04:56:36 pm »
I wish I can join you on that, I tried to that during the start of the year but it got to the point where make ups have been hunting my dream, I know its crazy but I was literally dreaming about make up everyday so I gave in to temptation and back to buy mode again. >.<

patriciaheart

  • Guest
Re: Beauty Minimalism
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 05:12:43 pm »
^I know the feeling! but I get over it, discipline lang, pag may nakita akong product na bago or gusto ko and meron naman sa bahay,, regardless kung anti aging or antibacterial, facial wash parin yun. I will wait talaga a month or two OR until I finished the product para narin malaman kung effective talaga or hinde.

Juricks

  • Guest
Re: Beauty Minimalism
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 05:17:54 pm »
Im still a makeup newbie and joined the bandwagon mid last year.  Now I think I have 6 liquid foundies, a couple of TMs, three powder foundies, finishing powders, lipsticks, glosses, etc. etc.

Now, I think I know what products work for me and are worth keeping.  I am letting them go one by one and decided to invest more on makeup tools, derma treatments and then back to my previous addiction which is gadgets. :)

I hardly finish one product so if ever I feel like buying something, I first finish what I have in my stash and before I know it, nawala na yung lemming ko sa bagong product. :D
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 05:21:19 pm by Juricks »

k_heart

  • Guest
Re: Beauty Minimalism
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 05:25:59 pm »
In fairness, im trying to do this. Madami na rin ako nalet-go.

lalapurplelala

  • Guest
Re: Beauty Minimalism
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 08:12:30 pm »
Madami lang akong lemmings before, bili ng bili pag may nakita. Ngaon, I just want to have my basics down tapos finish whatever I have then repurchase when something runs out. Isa nalang talaga eh - foundation. Can't find my HG yet kaya try parin ng try. I don't wear make up on a daily basis naman so I am okay with the basics.

Reading about new products are tempting. Practice restraint. :D


***my only enemy - lipsticks

sugardrop

  • Guest
Re: Beauty Minimalism
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 08:17:10 pm »
What I do to avoid having more than what I really need is sell some items before I purchase a new one (or perhaps two). That way, I won't feel that guilty. :)

runawaywithyou

  • Guest
Re: Beauty Minimalism
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 09:07:14 pm »
Nice thread bakla!

Good girl na ako, naiwasan ko na bumili ng bumili kahit alam ko namang hindi ko magagamit or di ko naman talaga masyadong type. In case may nabili akong hindi bagay sa akin, di ko na sila inaaltar. Binebenta ko na agad  ;D


daisychain

  • Guest
Re: Beauty Minimalism
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 09:45:54 pm »
I can so relate to the 'altar' thing! Yung bibilhin mo because they look pretty...but you don't necessarily get a lot of use out of it. This reminds me that it's time to sort my stash again and see what items I'm not really using, nang maibenta o ipamigay. :)

ladychris17

  • Guest
Re: Beauty Minimalism
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 11:24:25 pm »
Ako naman talagang dinidiscipline ko na din sarili ko. Though I had to take some time off GT since naging busy din ako. Not that I dont use yung mga makeup na nabili ko dati during my crazy days, pero ang dami ko din mga products na na less than ten times nagamit.

Right now before ako magpurchase iniisip ko muna when I will use it, for what occasion, and for what type of look - thus measuring how often I will get to use it.
Pwede din namang katulad sa lemming ko right now which is a certain chanel quad eyeshadow, iniisip ko if ang binili ko ba is a cheaper variant na hawig lang yung colors, malaki ba yung difference. I can convince myself that chanel eyeshadows have the sort of shimmer that is out of this world pero i'm not being photographed naman or anything professionally, so how much difference would it make if I opt for urban decay or too faced palettes nalang?

k_heart

  • Guest
Re: Beauty Minimalism
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 11:32:04 pm »
Note to self: Minimalism! : )

ladychris17

  • Guest
Re: Beauty Minimalism
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 11:39:00 pm »
Note to self: Minimalism! : )

I saw your collection before and I have to say it was very commendable. Hindi nakakalula sa dami pero ang gaganda din talaga. Like I said before, it was a quality over quantity sort of collection :)

k_heart

  • Guest
Re: Beauty Minimalism
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2012, 11:56:43 pm »
^^he!he!he! Thanks sis Ladychris! Yes, quality over quantity ang mantra ko. Lean but mean collwction.ha!ha! Wala akong local brand (no offense meant, di lang talaga kami magkasundo ng local)!

So, mukhang pwede na ako dito, Beauty Minimalism! he!he!

sofistikada_1230

  • Guest
Re: Beauty Minimalism
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2012, 11:57:52 pm »
Much of my makeup stuff were given to me by my mom, sis and my mom's bf... I only put on makeup when necessary like when i'm meeting my clients, attending parties, and going to interviews. as much as possible i maintain a nude look. siguro ang pinaka nilalagay ko na is a bit a powder, eye liner, and lip gloss. iba kasi yung nanonotice ng mga tao at ikaw mismo na maganda ka lalo pag walang make up :) tsaka nagrarashes ako pag nagmimake up ako... :(

_gigles_

  • Guest
Re: Beauty Minimalism
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2012, 12:12:40 am »
I wish walang expiration ang make up that way I wouldn't feel bad from buying too much, but somehow in a way its a good thing for my wallet, that also is one thing that sometimes restrain me from buying.

Antigone

  • Guest
Re: Beauty Minimalism
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2012, 12:46:48 am »
^^he!he!he! Thanks sis Ladychris! Yes, quality over quantity ang mantra ko. Lean but mean collwction.ha!ha! Wala akong local brand (no offense meant, di lang talaga kami magkasundo ng local)!

So, mukhang pwede na ako dito, Beauty Minimalism! he!he!

Pwedeng umapila? :D

Thanks girls for humoring me err posting. Pinasaya ninyo ako, promise. =) Gayahin ko kayo, I will dispose muna items before buying new ones. Para less clutter.

calin22

  • Guest
Re: Beauty Minimalism
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2012, 10:46:47 am »
Isa magandang tip for beauty minimalism ay wag magGT.. I mean wag muna magbasabasa ng raves.. kasi ang hirap magcontrol pagnakabasa ka ng magandang raves kasi instant reaction mo is dumaan sa rustans makita ko or maghanap ng reviews.. :)

This is nice thread.. :) I plan to control my impulse buying habits.. kasi sawain kasi ako sa mga bagong binibili ko at madalas may flavor of the month ako.. kumbaga this month gusto ko lipsticks.. so puro lipstick binili ko.. then next month blushes.. and then month liquid foundation.. or minsan gadgets, bags or shoes naman.. :| kawawa naman ang wallet ko kaya sa pagkain sobrang tipid ako para lang sa luho..


_gigles_

  • Guest
Re: Beauty Minimalism
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2012, 11:02:19 am »
^agree ako sis, sobrang nakaka-BI dito sa GT and also reading beauty blogs. Though hindi ko naman hindi magawa hindi magbasa. haha

ako naman parang addict lang, gusto ko lang talaga bumili ng bumili, parang I get a natural high whenever I buy something then after that wala na. There are some items bibilhin ko try ko then wala na hindi ko na ginagamit or most of the item mga online purchases ko, dahil matagal ang shipping from US to here madalas nakakalimutan ko na may binili pala ako haha pero I know the feeling of tipid sa pagkain para lang sa luho haha

toxicity

  • Guest
Re: Beauty Minimalism
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2012, 11:16:36 am »
In case may nabili akong hindi bagay sa akin, di ko na sila inaaltar. Binebenta ko na agad  ;D

ayun puro naka altar lahat yung mukaps mo na nasa sa akin. haha. untouched by me pa din yun iba.


 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close