Author Topic: Worse wedding you experienced/seen (Part 2)  (Read 157791 times)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Worse wedding you experienced/seen (Part 2)
« Reply #520 on: July 12, 2015, 03:02:32 pm »
^While I agree that there is such a thing as too much in receptions, I would have to disagree that receptions are about guests. The reception is actually a tradition of formally receiving the man and woman as a married couple. While the guests of course play an important part in the lives of the couple, the event is not about them.

Personally, whenever I attend a wedding I do know that it is the couple's day and I do expect the program to be about them. I actually look forward to seeing the prenup and same day pics and the SDE. There are also some weddings with few but very nice speeches made by the family or selected entourage members, so i like that.

The part that oftentimes becomes too much is when the couple feels that every member of the family, the entourage, the sponsors, and even they themselves need to have an AVP talking about (who else?) them. I've actually attended a wedding where this happened, and the program was about 3 hours 45 mins (yes, it was so long I timed it). While all the AVPs were professionally made, tipong interview style and very nicely done, it just seemed a tad too vain na. It included a part where the bride and groom were interviewed individually about how they met, impressions of each other, what's the best thing about the partner, etc etc hehe they filled up the program so much! I think they didn't want any free time kasi baka walang magawa mga tao. There were also way too many performances----dancing, children's choirs, etc etc. I'm not a fan of many performances hehe. Amazingly people didn't leave until after the program ended, even though out of town wedding sya, but the oldies left before the after-party. The after-party lasted another 5 hours because they had a party DJ and the yuppies were game to dance all night. So good for them.

But personally I will keep to a 2-hour program, and over dinner, so i don't starve the guests. And while we'll have a party DJ too, it will depend nalang how many yuppies will be staying, 2 hours or even less of that is fine. I think ok lang for the reception to be about the couple, as long as it is balanced and not 4 hours of vanity. Kawawa din oldies especially since out of town wedding.

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Worse wedding you experienced/seen (Part 2)
« Reply #521 on: July 12, 2015, 04:07:17 pm »
3 hours wait time? Wow, so inconsiderate.. I wonder what time the eating actually started kasi most programs put it in the middle?

Ang sama ng feeling na you're all dressed up but all you can think about is food. I've experienced this in the past where only nuts were served during cocktail hour :(


3 hours is too much talaga tapos guests pa are hungry. Did they spend the whole time for photoshoot? Wow.  Sinusulit ang natural light pero di naisip ang guests.

karenmaechua

  • Guest
Re: Worse wedding you experienced/seen (Part 2)
« Reply #522 on: July 14, 2015, 12:22:54 am »
Yikes! Ang tagal nun. Ok lang siguro kung maraming food. Happy naman ang guests pag may food. I have a lot of friends who got a very popular photographer and videographer na super tagal talaga ng photo and video shoot. Pero sinabihan na rin talaga ang guests about it kasi alam ng couple (and other guests too) na matagal ang photo and videoshoot kapag pinag sama ang photo and video teams na yun. Both of them are really popular. Their work are nice naman talaga but takes time especially yung mga buwis buhay shots. Haha!

3 hours is too much talaga tapos guests pa are hungry. Did they spend the whole time for photoshoot? Wow.  Sinusulit ang natural light pero di naisip ang guests.

dcpdane

  • Guest
Re: Worse wedding you experienced/seen (Part 2)
« Reply #523 on: July 14, 2015, 03:52:23 pm »
i super agree!! to the nth level haha! nakakaloka lately kasi may mga trivias pa about the couple. i dunno, parang narcissistic na. puro na nga fez nyo nakabulagta sa venue -- may tarp na may AVP pa, pati ba naman trivias meron pa. sinasuggest sakin yan ng friends ko pero nacocornyhan ako... kasi minsan may mga tanong pang sino mas kuripot blah blah. parang di na bet yung ganun. ang reception na gusto ko, KAIN! kain tayo as in kain. haha! nakakaumay nga naman kasi. but sympre at the end of the day, "araw nila yun e" so sila dapat ang bida. yun na lang logic na ginagamit ko minsan as a guest. but sa preps ko now, napapansin ko masyado naman akong audience/guest-centered. masyado kong concern yung madali ba puntahan venue, comfy ba dress code etc etc. siguro nga dapat balanced. :) hindi rin dapat spoiled masyado ang guests kasi kami naman gagastos e, diba. may chance din sila. char. haha!

msdianne

  • Guest
Re: Worse wedding you experienced/seen (Part 2)
« Reply #524 on: July 14, 2015, 03:58:23 pm »
Yes as guest its all about foof foof food, souvenir, get together, have a photo with a couple and never care less na. Bahahaha!

dcpdane

  • Guest
Re: Worse wedding you experienced/seen (Part 2)
« Reply #525 on: July 14, 2015, 04:01:30 pm »
isa pa palang point ko: i don't think i need to include in our program avps or interviews on how we met. if we are really good friends with those we will invite, they'd already know. i prefer na really good food and drinks, some fun games na hindi na kailangan trivia-based, and really witty speeches from friends. ayaw rin namin ni fiance sumayaw-sayaw na showtime level ang production at moves. it's not us. pa-hipster lang, joke :P i just don't want to look back sa photos and vids and see "someone else who tried to conform to what was uso then". i still want to see "me" years/decades from now.

msdianne

  • Guest
Re: Worse wedding you experienced/seen (Part 2)
« Reply #526 on: July 14, 2015, 04:05:36 pm »
Yes my dear. Exactly my point too :) all I want is my guests to be soooo busog, drunk (haha!) and party the night!

120515

  • Guest
Re: Worse wedding you experienced/seen (Part 2)
« Reply #527 on: July 14, 2015, 04:18:47 pm »
as a joke, i told my friends here that we'll just have a math quiz since my husband and i are both in math-related fields...they said they'll just hide! hahaha! kidding aside, we are also not doing this quiz thingy. the host will have to think up of some another way to entertain the guests ;D

msdianne

  • Guest
Re: Worse wedding you experienced/seen (Part 2)
« Reply #528 on: July 14, 2015, 04:28:09 pm »
Math quiz! Funny! Pero why not if its related to you I don't know Lang how you'll execute but that would be kakaiba and fun! Bawiin nalang sa prizes!

Oh yeah invest in prizes too sa games para mag participate lahat. Because as guest most of the time I participate pag maganda prize ;p

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Worse wedding you experienced/seen (Part 2)
« Reply #529 on: July 14, 2015, 04:43:37 pm »
dcpdane, I agree with you -- it's possible I've gone too far in the other direction, because I'm having no video/SDE/slideshow at all, lol. We're having a couple of speeches by friends who are great public speakers, and we'll have a first dance, but that's it for the program (no cake cutting, no games, no bouquet or garter toss). We're splurging on a top-notch caterer, top-shelf booze and a great DJ, because those are the elements I've enjoyed the most at other weddings :)

lovemeagain30

  • Guest
Re: Worse wedding you experienced/seen (Part 2)
« Reply #530 on: July 14, 2015, 07:23:43 pm »
^^ Couple did MTV lip syncing video? Utang na luob!  ;D

Minsanan talaga yung mga frustrations/dreams mo nung mga bata kayo ilalabas niyo through other outlet like your wedding. Though it's a couple thing.. wala bang pumigil sakanila?? nyahaha.  :P
I hope the effort we put so much in our wedding preparations will also reflect on how we want to manage our married life. madalas kasi people neglect to be ready for the marriage itself but put so much effort only on the event.

edna_mode

  • Guest
Re: Worse wedding you experienced/seen (Part 2)
« Reply #531 on: July 14, 2015, 07:40:19 pm »
lol sis lovemeagain30 true sis I agree, minsan talaga yung frustrations ng ibang tao nung mga bata pa sila, madalas mag manifest when they get older.  my mom was a ninang at a wedding where the bride had a fairy-themed wedding.  yung giveways are "princess tiaras" and sa mga logo daw, napaka laki ng name ng girl while yung sa husband daw super liit. Parang naging debut ang dating because it was all about the bride. And I also agree with what you said, talaga namang the couple should put more effort on the marriage itself :)

disclaimer lang ako, hehe nothing against couple wanting to have an all out production during their wedding, but like what the other sisses here have mentioned, dapat balanse din naman kahit papano :)

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Worse wedding you experienced/seen (Part 2)
« Reply #532 on: July 14, 2015, 08:30:37 pm »
Lol!! Natatawa ako sa mga kwento dito :) that's why I'm a firm believer talaga that every wedding is unique in it's own way. what is good for them might not work well for others. I guess we all just have to respect what they want in life. :) cheers ladies!

I agree, msdianne. The better the prizes are, the more competitive the guests will be..your reception mood is livelier and happier too. :)

lovemeagain30

  • Guest
Re: Worse wedding you experienced/seen (Part 2)
« Reply #533 on: July 14, 2015, 09:02:58 pm »
Sensya na po pero susmio mahabagin hindi maka get over ang Amor powers ko sa mala MTV video ng couple.lalo na kung isasali ko pa entourage ko sa MTV namin? naku naman kasumpa sumpa. ahahaha! :o

This is unsolicited advice and might get cruel reactions pero sana sa mga brides to be, though it should be your day and you can do whatever you want -- medyo pag isipan mabuti (kahit konti lang naman) like your guests and what you really want to your wedding. Right balanced ika nga.

 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 09:05:43 pm by lovemeagain30 »

lovemeagain30

  • Guest
Re: Worse wedding you experienced/seen (Part 2)
« Reply #534 on: July 14, 2015, 09:40:25 pm »
Me and my hubby are Zumba dancers..during wedding preps I asked my entourage if they're willing to do Zumba dance for us as intro..some are not comfortable, so we scrapped it out! They also asked me to change the color motifs kasi I want sana coffee brown pero dahlia morena silang lahat- they would look like kakanin or tablea chocolate kung yun ang suot nilang kulay..so we adjust also. ang pananaw ko kasi nuon, if the people around me will not be happy to do what we asked them then why push it? we were very considerate instead of telling them "it's our day do it for us!". Gagawin nga nila pero hindi sila happy Kaya wag nalang.

On our wedding day the videographer asked my hubby to lift me up on the dance floor (like Pangako Sayo ni Katniel may Kasamang Liyad pako nun!) Thought it was fun Kaya ginawa namin..the following day, my hubby got back problem!nyahaha. we laughed about it until now but we have it removed in our wedding video.we realized we don't want it there for our kids to see in the future.ahahaha. So bride's to be wag padalus dalus.. Isipin Kung ang Gagawin sa kasal ay hindi nakakahiya pag usapan in the future! 
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 02:41:11 am by lovemeagain30 »

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Worse wedding you experienced/seen (Part 2)
« Reply #535 on: July 15, 2015, 12:28:56 am »
Kaloka ng MTV! I was literally laughing out loud haha edna_mode and Chili1113, you were both in that wedding?! Small world lol. Sana di sya member ng FN hehe

I've also attended a wedding na hindi naman MTV pero the couple pre-recorded a song number in a studio tapos they lipsynched it rin sa reception. My god, it was so dragging kasi everyone knew the performance was fake. How did everyone know? Yung prenup pic slideshow nila, may pictures of them recording in a studio. Hahaha. Plus may times the sound system wasnt perfect and would be obvious.
I guess they just really wanted to sing?




sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Worse wedding you experienced/seen (Part 2)
« Reply #536 on: July 15, 2015, 01:09:47 am »
sparklingjewel, omg. How showbiz! lol. Chili, so funny, nadamay pa talaga the bridal party for the MTV!

I did attend one wedding where the bride and groom sang a duet for their grand entrance... but they're both really good singers (one of them was a music teacher) so it seemed natural and very "them". I think the problems begin to arise when it's pilit and not really something you do together.

jheajen

  • Guest
Re: Worse wedding you experienced/seen (Part 2)
« Reply #537 on: July 15, 2015, 03:12:08 am »
Natatawa din ako sa mga may mtv or something na video na umaarte sila..pangarap ba talaga nila magartista?lol pero yun nga kanya kanya naman talaga ng trip yan pero for me kasi masyado na oa..may nakita panga ako na schoolmates ko nagcacamping pa sila kunyari then may mga drama drama tapos muka nila may mga uleng pa,natawa talaga ako kung ano ba talaga gusto nila palabasin..anong connect non.haha.btw they look inlove naman so carry na pero di ko kaya umarte kung di naman ako artista.

cheezums

  • Guest
Re: Worse wedding you experienced/seen (Part 2)
« Reply #538 on: July 15, 2015, 04:33:56 pm »
Thanks for the tips, girls! :) I will keep these in mind. We actually do not want to seat in front, we want to eat with our guests. Siguro we'll seat there for a while, but we'll have dinner sa VIP table tog with ninongs and ninangs. We also do not want to have a long & dragging program, we'll keep it short and sweet, for more time partying. No silly games! I totally hate it.  I appreciate some posts who said they went around to interact with guests while dinner, we'll do that! 

How about the group photo op right before each table goes to the buffet table, did you guys do that?
 I know it's kind of dragging and awful for the guests to wait for their turn to get food, but what can we do, managed buffet yung style ng serving sa wedding party namin eh. :(

Also, I do not know how to go about throwing of bouquet and garter kung walang game?
I am thinking do it sa party (after prog) para naka-loosen up na lahat and casual lang and fun.

hermione28

  • Guest
Re: Worse wedding you experienced/seen (Part 2)
« Reply #539 on: July 15, 2015, 06:08:56 pm »
Sobrang dami ko ng nakita na umaarte sa Engagement Videos. Sorry ah, I beg to disagree na pagtawanan sila. Kasi they have their own unique way. E diba mas boring nga na kasi nung lakad lakad, holding hands, tinginan, wala lang. Wala akong naririnig na feedback sa mga guest na "ang ganda naman ng prenup nila" kapag ganun lang yung videos. At least sila may plot. Tapos minsan suggestion din yun ng mga videographers. So sana lang wag pagtawanan yung mga ganun. Parang hindi naman sila pasok sa thread na to na Worst Wedding You Have Seen?

Do we really classify them as the Worst?

Sorry talaga sis for this pero I just can't help it din not to comment.

Natatawa din ako sa mga may mtv or something na video na umaarte sila..pangarap ba talaga nila magartista?lol pero yun nga kanya kanya naman talaga ng trip yan pero for me kasi masyado na oa..may nakita panga ako na schoolmates ko nagcacamping pa sila kunyari then may mga drama drama tapos muka nila may mga uleng pa,natawa talaga ako kung ano ba talaga gusto nila palabasin..anong connect non.haha.btw they look inlove naman so carry na pero di ko kaya umarte kung di naman ako artista.

Sabi mo nga sis di mo carry kung di ka artista, eh yung couple na napanuod mo, eh carry nila?


 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close