I attended and even hosted one of the worst weddings I've ever been to, sadly wedding to ng college friend ko.
Well, what can I say, she only planned this weeding in less than a month. They had a civil wedding na before and they sort of rushed the church wedding cus her sister is migrating somewhere and paalis na. Oh well, so yun nga less than a month ang preps pero gusto nya magpatahi ng cocktail dresses (she provided the fabric) pati ako na host ng reception. I told her, host naman ako why do I need to follow your entourage theme? In short dahil 1 week before the wedding eh saka nya nabigay ang design and fabric saken, naturally, wala ko mahanap na kaya mag-execute ng dress na malapit samin. I wasnt willing to look elsewhere anymore cus I work on weekdays and I just dont have the time. I finally talked to her and asked her to just have me as a guest. Ayun, papayag din naman pala na hinde ako mag-follow sa theme and dress. Jeez.
I only got the script the night before the wedding. I've never hosted a wedding before so I was literally clueless. That really upset me.
On the day of the wedding, monday, may bagyo and the reception was at the Guest House of La Mesa Dam. Yes, the day na naka-red alert sya cus on the verge of overspill, andun kame. Buti na lang, the day before yung maulan and mahangin. Serene naman and hinde umuulan nung wedding, although gloomy. Sa church, she expected us pala to organize everything. Kameng walang alam sa weddings. Super gulo, late nag-start and nagagalit na mga principal sponsors. I was really upset pero I held my mood cus wedding naman nya to. I just found it really inconsiderate na her lack of planning was our sense of urgency.
At the reception, migosh, super sikip. Yung isang table hinde nagamit kase pag nilagyan ng chairs, wala ng tao na makakadaan. People cant walk around all at the same time cus it just wasnt possible at all. But, at least masarap ang food and madame ang food. I think yun ang redeemer nya, thank you Albergus. Yung kasama ko na nag-host ng wedding, aside from halos takpan na ang face nya dahil sa pagbabasa ng script, eh kahit na naka-mic saksakan ng hina ang boses, as in as if she was reading to herself. Take note, comm arts grad yon. Sana ako na lang mag-isa and hinde nagdagdag ng pampagulo pa.
Anyway, in fairness natapos naman ang wedding but I barely enjoyed myself if not for the food and seeing my old college friends. Pinagbigyan ko na kase wedding naman nya yon and I hope nag-enjoy sya kahit na lahat kame na-stress dahil sa kanya.