Author Topic: How to Earn a Passive Income  (Read 72037 times)

mameejhy

• SuperMAMEE!
  • Senior GirlTalker
    • Mamee + Babee Bookworms
How to Earn a Passive Income
« on: January 31, 2012, 07:46:58 pm »
I got this from an online blog and I just want to share this with you ladies (and, gents?)  :) As of now, Rental of Real Estate (2-door apartment) pa lang ang (malapit na) meron ako. Target ko din ang mutual fund but the rest na nakalagay sa list walang plano or impossible hehe :P

http://learnfinancialeducation.com/how-to-earn-a-passive-income/

Ways to Earn Passive Income

1. Make Money Online

First on the list to earn a passive income is through make money online. Under this category, there are diverse ways to make money online, the most notable one is through blogging. However, you could also try to make websites for affiliate marketing in Amazon, ClickBank, or other affiliate websites.

One advantage of making money online is it requires a small start-up capital, skills and knowledge. The capital or money that you need will be used to buy your own domain and web hosting. Even you’re a newbie in website design and blogging, you can earn money online as long as you have the patience and dedication.

2. Rental of Real Estate

I have a friend who are earning a passive income from the rental of his commercial building and lot that gives him a monthly passive income of more than P20,000 each month. This scenario is one good example of a passive income. He doesn’t need to work or regularly do maintenance for his building but he earns from it through the rental fee by the current occupants.

Another best example of passive income from real estate is apartment rental. You can get a steady or second stream of income from the apartments you rented to other people as long as they are living there. After construction of the apartment, you don’t need to do anything after that, only some minor maintenance may be required after many years have passed.

3. Dividend Stocks

Stocks can be one good source of passive income but not all, only those which are paying consistent dividends. These stocks are called dividend stocks. Almost all stocks are paying dividends to their stockholders because it is a part of their profit-sharing and it is included in the company policy.

In the Philippines, all stocks included in the Philippine stock Exchange Index (PSEi) are paying dividends to their stockholders. So it will be wiser to invest to these stocks rather than to those who are not giving dividends. Some of the notable dividend stocks in the Philippines are PLDT, URC, GMA7, FPH, JFC and GLO.

4. Mutual Fund that Pays Dividends

Mutual fund is another alternative when you don’t want to invest directly in the stock market because of lack of time and experience. Only few mutual fund companies are giving dividends so you should be aware of this. In the Philippines, I know ATR Kim Eng Kabuhayan fund gives dividend to its shareholders.

Since mutual fund is managed by a professional fund manager, the investment risk is lower compared with stock investing. It has also lower initial opening deposit making it affordable and accessible by low-income earning individual.

5. Royalty Fee from Books or Songs

If you are good in writing or composing of songs, royalty fee is your source of passive income. Book authors get royalty income from every book that have been sold while composers get it through playing their music in radios, TVs or sold audio products.

From the list above, I think the easier ways to earn a passive income are through make money online (by blogging) and investing in mutual fund that pays dividends unless you are a book author or song composer.

http://learnfinancialeducation.com/how-to-earn-a-passive-income/

mameejhy

• SuperMAMEE!
  • Senior GirlTalker
Re: How to Earn a Passive Income
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 06:17:17 am »
Let's bump for others who havent come across this thread. :D

Update also, meron na akong FAMI mutual fund since February! ;D

Next target: stocks :)

jeanieous

• Monday Dreams
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 08:36:18 pm »
Thanks for the tips! Me too, I work online. Hindi naman ganon kahirap yung work kasi flexi time, but I am earning good enough since fresh grad naman. Will be working na din by June so I am planning na to save for investment. :) I think Real Estate and Mutual Funds sound good. Wanna try Mutual Funds muna siguro. :)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 08:42:52 pm by jeanieous »

simple_elegance

• Wife and mom! =)
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 07:25:00 pm »
Hi!

Kami ni hubby, when we're starting out and 1 palang baby namin, we invested our money in real estate, specifically condo units. We have relatives kasi who are part of one of the biggest real estate companies in the country, and what he does is tuwing may ilau-launch silang new projects, kami muna aalukin niya. Since nasa pre-launch stage pa, mura pa siya. So ngayon, after a few years, nag turnover na yung mga properties and we are renting them out. May mga properties din ako na minana from my parents na we are also renting out. Ito passive income talaga kasi wala talaga kaming ginagawa kumikita kami. I'm really hoping to invest in 2 more properties within the year (may pre-launch nanaman kasi na super tempting and nice to buy), kaya lang we have 3 babies na kaya medyo mas malaki na expenses, kaya naghahanap talaga ako ng active income, kahit part time. Toying with the idea of joing the agency force of a life and non-life company pati yung mga online work. Kaka-addict kasi to buy properties and after a few years rent them out and earn more passive income.

whitestarrr

• Super GirlTalker
  • KIKAY Flight Attendant
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 07:41:59 pm »
^wow this is really inspiring, want to invest in real estate din since may lupa pamana ang mom ko near sa mga schools and university, plan ko sana patayuan ng 4-5 door apartment. Hopefully next year makaipon nako :)

angelkiss

• *Proud Mommy*
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • My little angel...
    • Faith, Hope & Love
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 12:41:20 pm »
sisters, meron bang real estate  investment na 50K lang? wala kasi akong malaking pera sa ngayon. hehe.

simple_elegance

• Wife and mom! =)
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 11:37:00 am »
Sis angelkiss, naku, I don't think there is. P50k/per month siguro for the downpayment of a property na you can rent out in say 4 years. In 4 years, turnover na siya and you can rent it out. Most condos have this payment scheme, lower pa. Pag turnover nga lang you'll have to either pay off the balance through cash payment or bank loan/in-house financing. With the latter, from my computation with the new property we're eyeing to buy, magiging self-liquidating yung property, plus I'll have excess pa as my passive income.

Hope this helps!

whitestarrr

• Super GirlTalker
  • KIKAY Flight Attendant
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 02:53:51 am »
Online business sounds good, I know someone who earns 100 to 150usd per day? Di ko naman sya matanong kung pano  kasi shy ako at di kami close :P... I'm interested but completely clueless how it works.

lizziedoll

• Sexy Little Thing®
  • don't say forever
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 05:22:46 pm »
Hi Sis angelkiss,

I'm working for AvidaLand, an AyalaLand company. Regarding your question, the required DP/equity for a property is 20% but you can pay the first 10% w/c is normally around 190k for a studio unit, but if needed you can also have the entire 20%/equity be stretched up to 36mos, mga 10,700+ - 36mos or
 16,100.00+ - 24mos. By the time you start paying your Monthly investment of around 18K for the remaining 80% price ng property, turn over na and you can start having your unit rented up to 25K- 30K depende sa unit furnished mo. The good thing about Avida pa is merong Leasing Services by Avida (LSA) na maghahanap ng rerenta kung wala kang renter.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 03:09:12 pm by mama squeak! »
I don't share hassles, I don't share credits and I don't share desserts.

mameejhy

• SuperMAMEE!
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2012, 09:03:02 am »
Update: I'm now into stocks investing! ;D

_elaine_

• Probationary
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2012, 01:46:10 pm »
The article is a promotional thing that snuck in a lie.

Online Blogging is NOT a passive income by any degree.

!!UNLESS!!!

You hire people to blog for you.

Rental is ok, though it's either capital intensive or time
consuming (if you're looking for low-down deals).

Mutual Funds, ok, but don't expect high returns.

Stocks, you should know what you're doing, and IMHO,
most stockbrokers don't know either. Liars mostly just
to make a buck.

Blatant, but should keep our eyes wide open.
I Shop Almost Daily..
I have Cash Sucking Websites (I Teach This To Anyone Who Asks For Free)..
I'm Close To Getting My Own Condo..
But I'm Not Near To Being Happy :-/

annikaMreyes

• Probationary
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2012, 12:08:25 pm »
Real Estate!

Since land is fixed, you have unlimited supply for it. All u need to do is look for a someone interested to rent your place. Make sure that what you will be offering has a good location. Like, accessible to commuters.

The question lang is how cost efficient is your capital? Capital (not money but goods that used to produce goods): Condo, for example.

There's an undergoing construction of condominium in Cubao. The location is not that classy but hey, you will not be living in it. Instead, you will be renting it out.. Plus, it super inexpensive pa!

« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 03:08:46 pm by mama squeak! »

karel00

• GirlTalker
    • A scientist in the kitchen
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2012, 10:49:35 pm »
I have some online income going on for quite some time. Blogging is also, in a way, passive already for me. I have a blog that's earning well because it has been going on for several years already. I don't get to blog as much now so it's somewhat passive way to earn some decent bucks.
Signature edited.

kwang sun

• so vain
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2012, 09:18:37 am »
gusto ko po sana mag invest sa mutual funds na nagbibigay ng dividends, or yung mga stocks na nagbibigay ng dividends.. ang question is HOW?

missreese

• Senior GirlTalker
    • Pink Shoppe Online
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2012, 11:02:42 am »
^sis dito oh.. marami ka matututunan about mutual funds and stocks

Mutual Fund Thread

Stock Market Thread

justinelove

• say wuuuut?
    • Officially GIRLY-fied
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2012, 08:36:17 pm »
try reading the Millionaire Fastlane. He has a facebook page as well if you're interested. It's really a good read kasi he'll explain the difference between trying to be rich by "savings" and trying to be rich the fastlane way. It's not like other get rich quick scams out there. Ibang iba talaga... :P try niyo search via google :P

mhy_pie03

• IT Consultant, Health & Financial Literacy Advocate, Newbie Blogger and super duper CAT LOVER
  • Junior GirlTalker
    • Mumay's World
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2012, 10:53:29 am »
I invested my money on stocks subscribing to Bo Sanchez's TrulyRichClub for the monthly stock updates, I also have VUL that has an investment portfolio, multi-level marketing (soon pa siya maging passive) & internet marketing (ProfitClicking). In fairness maganda kitaan sa ProfitClicking. =D
http://mumaysworld.blogspot.com/
”For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”
Luke 14:11

Miss Charcoal

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2012, 04:03:35 pm »
Thank you for this thread sis mameejhy! :)

Balak ko magkaroon ng passive income in the future :)

evolloner

• Probationary
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2012, 10:48:23 pm »
Hi everyone,

Ako naman, I've been working online since March 2010, through odesk. But I find that sometimes, kasi nga freelance, di ganun ka-stable ang work and of course, ang earnings. Buti na lang, one of our sisses here on GT acquainted me with this program which lets me earn in many ways: either 2% daily which can be compounded, earns 7% interest daily, or 10% in 7 days.

As of now, I'm now earning passively aside from my regular work. I can share the program with you if you're interested to earn like me. Just pm me so I can send you the details.

can you pm me the details.

agape

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2012, 01:08:59 am »
I learned this from Kiyosaki thru his game Cash Flow.
It's also one of my goals. To have enough passive income to support my living expenses and some more.
Integrity, Ethics, Etiquette...

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close