Author Topic: To all the HOUSEWIVES: What do you do to kill time?  (Read 14477 times)

Analene3

  • Guest
To all the HOUSEWIVES: What do you do to kill time?
« on: January 30, 2012, 08:06:26 pm »
To all the HOUSEWIVES: What do you do to kill time?

Aside from the usual household chores like cooking, preparing this and that, ironing, and the like..
What do you do with your spare time?

I've been a housewife for more than 4years. I often get the lonely factor at home, alone whenever my daughter is in School or when I don't know what else to do. I get depress about it, and perhaps being a Gemini has something to do with it since I love going places and its my personality to be free.

So share what are the things you often like to do to kill time. :)


purpleangel11

  • Guest
Re: To all the HOUSEWIVES: What do you do to kill time?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 02:32:25 pm »

  Hi Sis..I guess...your sign really has something to do kung bakit you get often bored while at home...ako kc is under a virgo sign and most of the virgo's i think are homebody...ako..mas secure ang feeling ko pag nasa house lang ako...i've been a housewife na din for 4 years..and wala pa kami baby..kaya trying to conceive pa din..pero ako after doing household chores...ok na sa akin ang tv..while surfing the net..yan ang pampalipas oras ko..kahit di ako lumabas maghapon..basta meron lang nian...tc and GODBLESS sis! :)
 

babyluvs_78

  • Guest
Re: To all the HOUSEWIVES: What do you do to kill time?
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 03:29:36 pm »
Hi! i'm also a housewife since i gave birth. my son is turning 3 yrs. old and will be going to school this june. sometimes i get bored too kasi everyday ganun nalang ang routine at ginagawa ko. pero i have no choice since i have no yaya so ako talaga nag aalaga sa baby ko at the same time disable pa so i can't go out anytime i want to. good thing lang nakatira kami dito sa mother ko so kung minsan alis mom ko sinasama nya kami 2 ng anak ko. every month i get to meet my friends din so parang yun na ang lakwatsa ko with friends other than that, at home or kung bored sumasama kami ng anak ko sa office ni hubby. i want to meet new friends nga din. kasi feeling ko nasaisang malaking box lang ako. :(

dunkintaba

  • Guest
Re: To all the HOUSEWIVES: What do you do to kill time?
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 04:13:22 pm »
share lang ha.plain housewife din me.house  .kids .house kids.store.yan life ko.2009  nung nagsara ako ng store.tapos nag aral ako ng mga ibat ibang course.[textspeak!] 6months lang.pra malibang.kaya nagkaroon ako maraming friends.at kakilala.nakakalabas minsan pag my budget.pero priority ko parin ang kids ko at ang bhay.wala si husband nasa abroad.sya [textspeak!] my gusto lumabas din me minsan.para malibang.
2011 dec nag open ulit me store.kaya ngyon eto store,house,kids nanamn ulit.pero masaya [textspeak!].

Macky2Heart

  • Guest
Re: To all the HOUSEWIVES: What do you do to kill time?
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 10:31:20 am »
Well i think all housewife are just the same..... getting bored with out daily routine ::)... but then and again at the end of the day, ikaw din ang mag iisip ng way ... how to get over it...

some people think if your house wife , you're not updated whats happening outside.... ??? since we are living in 4 corner of the house... nakaka sawa talaga pag ganon. Sometimes i had this feeling also that i dont have anymore friends and i need some people to talk to or rather meet new friends.. hay life :-\

Well as of now im wasting my time in baking and gardening ( start learning about it ) ... and most of the time nasa net checking and reading what's New Stuff happening around..... :)

Paperless

  • Guest
Re: To all the HOUSEWIVES: What do you do to kill time?
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 11:53:25 am »
am working so halos wala ng time for other things na ginagawa ko when I was single. but kapag naisisingit talaga, i really love photo editing. noong dalaga pa ako nauubos oras ko sa photoshop. gustong gusto ko din nakatambay sa shop ni hubby and magphotoshop ng pictures ng customers. am looking forward this coming May kasi kasama ko ni hubby magphotograph sa kasal ng cousin niya. sobrang tuwang tuwa ako kapag nakikita ko yung before and after ng photos.

fegloria1954

  • Guest
Re: To all the HOUSEWIVES: What do you do to kill time?
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 02:51:11 pm »
When I was still a young wife, I had hobbies like sewing, embroidery (especially cross stitching), knitting, and all of my projects were for our home, my husband, our child, for me.  I acquired friends in the neighborhood that time as we all shared the same hobbies.  So on our spare time, we would converge in one home - in the same block lang naman kasi - and we would all be doing our hobbies while chit-chatting, and while our kids played together.

Now that I am older - I turned 58 last January, my spare time is divided among the following:
- watch movies on cable tv,
- being on Facebook where I mostly up inspirational quotes, URLs to reading materials relevant to nurturing a sound marriage and love relationship, recipes, for my 1800+ friends (some from GT)
- being on GT to post replies like this one
- answering calls of some who take note of my contact number and they talk further about a reply that I had posted on GT.
What is interesting is that I have kept myself busy, I sometimes have to tell myself to stop and take a rest.

All the best,
Mommy Fe

ishko

  • Guest
Re: To all the HOUSEWIVES: What do you do to kill time?
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 03:01:04 pm »
sis, why not have any part time job on net, yung nasa bahay lang din? para kumikita ka din kahit paano while entertaining or making yourself busy..

naranasan ko din yan wala work.. so boring talaga, buti na lang nakabalik din ako sa work after almost 3 months na maternitty leave.. God bless

lisse

  • Guest
Re: To all the HOUSEWIVES: What do you do to kill time?
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 03:14:46 pm »
  Hi Sis..I guess...your sign really has something to do kung bakit you get often bored while at home...ako kc is under a virgo sign and most of the virgo's i think are homebody...ako..mas secure ang feeling ko pag nasa house lang ako...i've been a housewife na din for 4 years..and wala pa kami baby..kaya trying to conceive pa din..pero ako after doing household chores...ok na sa akin ang tv..while surfing the net..yan ang pampalipas oras ko..kahit di ako lumabas maghapon..basta meron lang nian...tc and GODBLESS sis! :)
 

Sis, pareho tayong homebody, though ang sign ko is Taurus. I've been a housewife for 6 months palang naman and trying to conceive din. First time kong NASA bahay Lang for like 8 years na pagwowork ko. I'm 28 na btw. Anyway, I watch the news, write on my blogs, study crocheting and cross stitching, tapos I'm currently trying to maintain a mini garden dito sa house namin. I'm also trying to teach myself how to bake, and I always make it a point to get in touch dun sa mga friends ko na matagal ko ng Hindi nakakabonding. I worked abroad kasi so we really have a lot of catching up to do.

purpleangel11

  • Guest
Re: To all the HOUSEWIVES: What do you do to kill time?
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2012, 03:10:36 pm »


     Sis me thread dito sa GT about  Trying to conceive...sali ka..sulat ka sa Daily Diary of TTC women 2..andun lahat ang roller coaster ride of emotions on TTC journey :)

chefron

  • Guest
Re: To all the HOUSEWIVES: What do you do to kill time?
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 03:35:12 pm »
i busy myself with:
internet
work
kids

although i seldom move or do chores sa house, feeling ko mas draining for me yungnag iisip ka lagi. whats the menu na pwede for 2 weeks, kamusta na ba yung benta ng store may kulang bang supply, magkakasya kaya yung budget for the month etc etc etc
siguro mahilig lang ako mag isip ng kung [textspeak!] ano kaya di ako nabobore. (parang baliw lang)

i used to do cross stitching kaso lumabo mata at nastrain ang likod.
now im planning to join an exercise class, plan to enroll in baking or culinary class and driving class.

btw i also have 4 kids hehe

guilleanne

  • Guest
Re: To all the HOUSEWIVES: What do you do to kill time?
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 01:38:51 am »
I don't get bored pa naman kasi yung baby ko is just 2 years old so she occupies most of my time, I love taking care of her, I can play with her the whole day, lagi nga kami magkadikit. hehe.

I also work online pero mga 2 to 4 hours a day lang.

Recently I decided to not replace the yaya who went home to get married, ayoko na kasi ng konsumisyon mula sa mga helps eh, so mas lumiit ang me time ko pero medyo lumiit naman ang bilbil kasi exercise din pala ang household chores eh. hehe

since I got pregnant to date, never pa ako naka gimik, even watch a movie, the longest time I was away from my baby except nung na hospital ako 3 days was when I had my hair rebonded so that was 6 hours, nagmamadali pa ako nun.

pero kung siguro wala kang pagkakabusihan na chikiting, internet ang pagkakabusihan mo.

crazycoolchic19

  • Guest
Re: To all the HOUSEWIVES: What do you do to kill time?
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2012, 02:44:26 pm »
24/7 nakaonline standbye mode,kids, dogs, cooking, watching tv, reading,shopping, biking, badminton

anjeli

  • Guest
Re: To all the HOUSEWIVES: What do you do to kill time?
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2012, 10:12:02 pm »
pa -3 pa lang daughter ko  kaya once a week lang internet surfing ko, pero naiinip  pa rin ako sa house medyo matagal na akong nag stop ng work kaya twice or thrice kami ng anak ko mag mall . i-playhouse ko sya, window shop kami or snack lang  kami .

ri-anne

  • Guest
Re: To all the HOUSEWIVES: What do you do to kill time?
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2012, 11:16:07 pm »
Pareho kami ni TS, a gemini... Pero i don't get bored naman... I've been a housewife for almost 7 yrs now (minus 6 mos when i worked saglit. then went back to being fulltime mom coz less than 1yr old pa lang 2nd baby ko that time hirap makahanap ng yaya)

My kids were taking up most of my time kaya i dont get bored. I teach them, read to them, play with them, sing songs & dance with them... ;D housechores lang na ginagawa ko talaga is cooking and washing dishes and clothes. Cleaning pag tulog na sila. Or during nap time chaka lang ako may "me"-time...pag gabi, si hubby naman kelangan asikasuhin..

Now my kids go to school na, so i get to surf the net, watch koreanovela, movies, tv series...
Ayun, dun ako nabobore...

i bake cookies, cakes and cupcakes din pala, yun mejo kinahiligan ko.
Lately nagkaka-interest ako sa artcrafts. I plan to learn how to make hair accessories so ill just make them for my daughters instead of buying pa...

mrs.S.

  • Guest
Re: To all the HOUSEWIVES: What do you do to kill time?
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2012, 12:12:57 am »
Isa lang din anak ko and 8-3pm school niya, hatid sundo ko siya. What I do in between is i go to the gym, run errands, do the chores and keep in touch with my friends online or see my friend who is closeby kung hindi pa siya busy. Ganito lang talaga routine ko everyday.

Iba naman pag weekend kasi hubby wants us to got out of the house or even go out of town.

Honestly sa dami ng gawain and gusto ko na gawin I wish I still have more time to kill.

If marami ka pang time sis, pick up a hobby. Kung mahilig ka mag luto, try a new challenging recipe that should keep you occupied. And if online ka palagi, marami ka din pwede gawin like watch movies, tutorials, news etc.

glamorosa_09

  • Guest
Re: To all the HOUSEWIVES: What do you do to kill time?
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2012, 04:20:14 pm »
Sa ngayon that my baby is only 13 months, hindi pa ako bored. Lack of "me time" pa nga eh. Pero ok lang, it's for my baby. But whenever I'm not doing anything, I read books, blogs, and dito sa GT.

As for social life, I and hubby belong to a prayer community, kaya we still meet with friends and meet new people.

I don't know lang what will happen once we start homeschooling. But surely, if my baby is not too dependent on me na, I will pursue my calling.

design21

  • Guest
Re: To all the HOUSEWIVES: What do you do to kill time?
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2012, 10:35:27 pm »
lagi naman ako nasa labas:) pag d ko feel umalis nagbabasa lang ako, blog, play with my dog, play with my son, i write, nagsisimba.

Msfi

  • Guest
Re: To all the HOUSEWIVES: What do you do to kill time?
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2012, 08:24:20 am »
More than 5 years din akong nag stay at home wife, wala pang baby non kaya wala talaga akong ginagawa at halos babad lang sa internet at cable tv.  3x a week punta ng mall (shangrila, megamall, galeria) kasi gusto ni hubby na sunduin ko sya, ayaw kong sa office nila maghintay so ikot lang ako sa mall.  Pinag-aral din nya akong maglaro ng online games, kaya kahit mag out of the country siya dun ang bonding namin, sinasabayan ko yung time nya maglaro. Pero with or without spare time, reading ang ultimate hobby ko na
naisisingit kong gawin.

Nakakamiss din mag stay lang sa bahay, lalo na pag nakaka stress sa office.


pinkpotato

  • Guest
Re: To all the HOUSEWIVES: What do you do to kill time?
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2012, 01:37:04 pm »
facebook can kill a lot of time. pero i think more useful kung magbasa or mag exercise.


 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close