watch now

Author Topic: Inexpensive Yet Very Effective Products Thread VI  (Read 265411 times)

tipay

  • Guest
Re: Inexpensive Yet Very Effective Products Thread VI
« Reply #160 on: June 21, 2012, 05:04:32 pm »
What I have is Maalox with is similar to Milk of Magnesia.  Sa Mercury Drug store meron.  Yung maliit na bottle nasa PhP100.00

I tried this and all I can say is OMG - this is such a superb product! Goodbye oiliness! Kung dati 4X a day ako mag-blot, ako maximum of 2X na lang. Ang galing talaga. Just make sure to apply thinly and to blend in well with your foundie para walang sign of the white track marks. :)

purplerae

  • Guest
Re: Inexpensive Yet Very Effective Products Thread VI
« Reply #161 on: June 21, 2012, 07:22:07 pm »
^talaga sis? hindi kaya ako magkapimples sa maalox ?

rae

  • Guest
Re: Inexpensive Yet Very Effective Products Thread VI
« Reply #162 on: June 21, 2012, 08:23:30 pm »
^^ Super noh? Pero nakaka-dry sya e. Kaya I only use it lang talaga kapag may kakausaping important client or sa future kung sakaling pupunta sa wedding or any formal function.

^ Hindi pa ako nagkaka-breakout. Pero medyo nakaka-dry sya kung gagamitin for everyday.

sima

  • Guest
Re: Inexpensive Yet Very Effective Products Thread VI
« Reply #163 on: June 21, 2012, 09:50:14 pm »
Ni-revive ko rin lang ang use ng MOM.  I have used it daily for two weeks now and noticed that the large pores on my face are not that noticeably anymore.  Hindi rin ako nagbreak-out dito AND the ones that I have when I first started using it were gone within two days.  Pansin ko lang din, my skin seems to produce less oil on its own.

Add ko lang din, I also use this as a clay mask and I can say that it works better than ANY clay mask I have used.

I have read that this also can be paired with baking soda as a scrub so I will try that as well.  My face is not oily but I just want to keep it at bay and to prevent further breakouts.

I also use it as a foot and underarm deodorant.  Many uses for just one product!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 09:56:45 pm by sima »

yellowcab14

  • Guest
Re: Inexpensive Yet Very Effective Products Thread VI
« Reply #164 on: June 22, 2012, 10:34:26 am »
^where do you buy MOM locally? And how much? Preferred brand? TIA

tipay

  • Guest
Re: Inexpensive Yet Very Effective Products Thread VI
« Reply #165 on: June 22, 2012, 02:41:54 pm »
^talaga sis? hindi kaya ako magkapimples sa maalox ?

Hindi sis. Just like the reviews of our other sisters here, na-mattify niya yung mukha ko and parang naging mas even tingnan. Puwede mo siya i-roadtest muna if you want - P98 lang yung small bottle so hindi na lugi. :)

Munchkinlander

  • Guest
Re: Inexpensive Yet Very Effective Products Thread VI
« Reply #166 on: June 22, 2012, 04:20:39 pm »
^ sisses, over-the-counter lang ba ang Maalox/ milk of magnesia? TIA sa sasagot! :)

sima

  • Guest
Re: Inexpensive Yet Very Effective Products Thread VI
« Reply #167 on: June 22, 2012, 08:33:05 pm »
Yes over the counter lang ang Maalox/Milk of Magnesia.

thea0021

  • Guest
Re: Inexpensive Yet Very Effective Products Thread VI
« Reply #168 on: June 23, 2012, 02:35:38 am »
na curious ako sa maalox so I asked the sa sa mercury ang pogi nya hahaha
he said na baka me adverse reaction if you are using antibiotics on your face as well.
On my end kase I am using eskinol with dalacin-c para hindi mag ka pimples
so ang ending hindi ako bumili  :).. Sayang!

sima

  • Guest
Re: Inexpensive Yet Very Effective Products Thread VI
« Reply #169 on: June 23, 2012, 05:12:03 am »
Better not use nga muna antacids when you are using antibiotics.  Err on the side of caution na lang.  I read that certain antibiotics will combine with metals such as calcium, iron, magnesium and aluminum and render the antibiotic useless or less effective.

lady_butterfly

  • Guest
Re: Inexpensive Yet Very Effective Products Thread VI
« Reply #170 on: June 23, 2012, 09:19:16 am »
So curious talaga ako jan sa MOM, I will buy later to test. Mga sis Maalox lang ba sasabihkn sa counter kasi may nabasa ako dito na may Maalox Plus eh...

Inexpensive products

Nichido mineral kohl eyeliner
F21 Trio eyeshadow #5
EB Love that Red and Off beat Pink

stronger_me

  • Guest
Re: Inexpensive Yet Very Effective Products Thread VI
« Reply #171 on: June 23, 2012, 03:11:14 pm »
ganda ng shawill blush in #01, yung parang pearlized finish... glowing dating.. it's more on the peachy side... only P138 at watsons...pati yung black eyeliner nila, P69 o P59 ata yun, no smudge on me... o nga pala, cute din ng packaging nila

rae

  • Guest
Re: Inexpensive Yet Very Effective Products Thread VI
« Reply #172 on: June 23, 2012, 06:32:21 pm »
Lady_butterfly, yung iba mas preferred nila yung maalox plus kasi may simethicone added.

Kaso sa 2 mercury drug na napuntahan ko, walang maliit na bote ng maalox plus. So, I just bought the regular one. Masyado madami e.

lady_butterfly

  • Guest
Re: Inexpensive Yet Very Effective Products Thread VI
« Reply #173 on: June 23, 2012, 07:28:34 pm »
Lady_butterfly, yung iba mas preferred nila yung maalox plus kasi may simethicone added.

Kaso sa 2 mercury drug na napuntahan ko, walang maliit na bote ng maalox plus. So, I just bought the regular one. Masyado madami e.

Ah ok. Excited na nga ako eh.

eleynskii

  • Guest
Re: Inexpensive Yet Very Effective Products Thread VI
« Reply #174 on: June 23, 2012, 07:37:55 pm »
Lewis and Pearl - hanep sa oil control as in tuwang tuwa ako sa kanya. The sad part is hindi ako hiyang. pimples galore ako. sad :( super effective pa naman at sobrang mura lang.

rae

  • Guest
Re: Inexpensive Yet Very Effective Products Thread VI
« Reply #175 on: June 23, 2012, 09:32:25 pm »
Lewis & Pearl na cologne - Chill. I bought it kasi I ate somewhere na sobrang nag-amoy food yung damit ko. But usually, I don't use colognes and perfumes.

Para sa cologne, ang tagal mawala yung amoy nya. It also smells like a signature perfume na I can't remember.

jeninajenina

  • Guest
Re: Inexpensive Yet Very Effective Products Thread VI
« Reply #176 on: June 24, 2012, 12:57:00 am »
well for me it's

Fashion 21 Cake Foundation with Tea Tree Oil Foundation in Shade No. 4
Maybelline Clear Smooth All in One Shine Free Cake Powder in Honey
Saizen [Daiso] Eyebrow Pencil in Gray
Saizen [Daiso] Nose Contour and Highlighting Powder
Avon Simply Pretty Lip and Cheek Tint

:)

Sissies Suggest naman kayo ng Eyeliner na Good Enough not to smudge sa waterline :) Thanks

yelo

  • Guest
Re: Inexpensive Yet Very Effective Products Thread VI
« Reply #177 on: June 24, 2012, 12:57:21 am »
Tiny Buds rice baby powder - IMHO this is better than lewis and pearl and krave's oil eliminator. Expensive for a baby powder but super affordable naman if your going to use it as a finishing veil. 50g costs less than a 100 bucks. I really swear by this powder, hindi na ko nagreretouch pag gamit ko to sa duty.  :) With lewis and pearl 4hrs lang nya kaya icontrol oilies ko, with krave's oil eliminator naman 6hrs, with tiny buds 8hrs! For reference, I'm really oily, specially sa t-zone.  ;)

rae

  • Guest
Re: Inexpensive Yet Very Effective Products Thread VI
« Reply #178 on: June 24, 2012, 06:25:23 am »
@jeninajenina, how much is Saizen eyebrow pencil in grey and does it last all day?

miss_dibly

  • Guest
Re: Inexpensive Yet Very Effective Products Thread VI
« Reply #179 on: June 24, 2012, 07:03:16 am »
^Ang alam ko, all saizen products retails at 85php.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close