Author Topic: St. James The Great Parish in Alabang  (Read 46382 times)

chinkyaise

  • Guest
St. James The Great Parish in Alabang
« on: January 18, 2012, 12:42:48 pm »
Hi sisses, anyone who got married here recently? I want to know the procedures of making a reservation here and please give me feedbacks. Thanks.

butter_finger

  • Guest
Re: St. James The Great Parish in Alabang
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 04:22:14 am »
hello chinkyaise!

just go to the parish to make inquiries, you could reserve at the same time. i think its a 50% downpayment, basta i remember, we've paid 11k for the reservation. church fees are different with the flowers. they have an in-house florist which has a minimum of 15k. im not yet married... coming palang, but the church was great!

chinkyaise

  • Guest
Re: St. James The Great Parish in Alabang
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 12:39:12 pm »
Hi sis butter_finger, thanks for the reply, paguwi nga namin sa october check ko iyong place, I read that it's difficult to get in touch with them by phone.  Kelan ka ikakasal sis?  Wala silang packages na available iview online kasi. Thanks, saan ang reception ng wedding niyo? 2013 bride pa naman ako pero mas ok na ang early planning.  ;)

leigh_md

  • Guest
Re: St. James The Great Parish in Alabang
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 12:23:09 am »
Hi! i strongly suggest you drop by the church when you inquire. I was awestruck when I entered it for the first time. It was the only church I went to for ocular and I immediately fell in love with it. Im hoping to get married there too, by 2013 din! Drop by the church office and look for Ms. Aycie Ropa, she's very accomodating. She'll give you a quotation of wedding fees, plus lots of tips. Good Luck!

chinkyaise

  • Guest
Re: St. James The Great Parish in Alabang
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 11:52:16 pm »
Sis leigh, can you pm we the wedding fees please. thanks. When will you get married sis? Planning stage pa lang kami and we're thinking of a wedding on December...

Abbyccruz

  • Guest
Re: St. James The Great Parish in Alabang
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 03:35:02 pm »
does anyone have an existing map to the church and going to portofino? :) TIA

Baby Madeline

  • Guest
Re: St. James The Great Parish in Alabang
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 04:43:22 pm »
does anyone have an existing map to the church and going to portofino? :) TIA

Hi Abbyccruz! By any chance, is Passion Cooks your caterer?  :) I'm considering her to be our caterer and when I asked her to recommend a reception venue with no additional fees if non-accredited ang caterer, she suggested Portofino. And she also asked me if I can drop by sa Portofino because she will be catering a wedding there on March 17. Wala lang, naisip ko, baka wedding mo yun. :D
Anyway, we are eyeing St. James the Great as our church. When is the best time to go there kaya for an inquiry? Thanks!  :)

anaMD

  • Guest
Re: St. James The Great Parish in Alabang
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 01:48:00 pm »


It's 28K if you're not a parishioner. 23k if you are a parishioner. plus at least 15k worth of flowers. :) very beautiful church. :) very approachable staff. you'll be oriented when you get there. :)

Baby Madeline

  • Guest
Re: St. James The Great Parish in Alabang
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 05:47:27 pm »

It's 28K if you're not a parishioner. 23k if you are a parishioner. plus at least 15k worth of flowers. :) very beautiful church. :) very approachable staff. you'll be oriented when you get there. :)

Hi! Thanks for the update! :) We recently attended a wedding there and I have to agree that the church is so beautiful. We plan to drop by the church sometime this month but I just want to confirm if the flowers is charged separately from the 28k/23k? Ang mahal! :-\

rossing1203

  • Guest
Re: St. James The Great Parish in Alabang
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 01:38:48 pm »
Hi! Thanks for the update! :) We recently attended a wedding there and I have to agree that the church is so beautiful. We plan to drop by the church sometime this month but I just want to confirm if the flowers is charged separately from the 28k/23k? Ang mahal! :-\

pasali po. ;D

Hi Baby Madeline,

The flowers are charged separately from 28k/23k, their minimum flower arrangement is 15k..
Yep, mahal nga sila.. Pero maganda talaga ang St. James The Great Parish. :)

Abbyccruz

  • Guest
Re: St. James The Great Parish in Alabang
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 01:45:29 pm »
Hi! Thanks for the update! :) We recently attended a wedding there and I have to agree that the church is so beautiful. We plan to drop by the church sometime this month but I just want to confirm if the flowers is charged separately from the 28k/23k? Ang mahal! :-\


hi sis! :) yep it is charged separately. the basic is 15k and i saw the 15k setup na, it is almost bare. we upgraded to the 25k package. sulit naman because the church looked so nice then :) we used all asters for the flowers then added tassels for the pews and meron i think 4 birdcages. :)

appleberrycream

  • Guest
Re: St. James The Great Parish in Alabang
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 04:11:54 pm »
I want this church before since my reception will be at fernbrook, kaya lang it's too expensive. Actually okay na sana kung papayag lang sila na hindi indoor florist nila ang kukunin namin kaya lang they won't allow other florist, naka-book na kase ako sa scenta flora, so I opted for Notre Dame de Vie. Much cheaper and mas malapit sa reception since fernbrook na din sya hehe! Sad lang kase if I am to choose, I really like St. James the Great sayang.

MaitaOfMakeupOnDemand

  • Guest
Re: St. James The Great Parish in Alabang
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2012, 12:52:10 am »
Can I get feedback from those who got married in St. James in December regarding decorations? If I don't have the church decorated with flowers (since they only allow the inhouse supplier) will the church's christmas decor be enough? I need to know lang if kakayanin na sa 15k package yung flowers.

Also, the 15k flowers, sa church palang yun right?

design21

  • Guest
Re: St. James The Great Parish in Alabang
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2012, 03:37:55 pm »
^ yes sa church palang yun you cannot take them home. back in 2006 its 20k for non parishoner with aircon and 17k ata with out aircon before.

muy003

  • Guest
Re: St. James The Great Parish in Alabang
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2012, 08:40:08 am »
So minimum cost would be 43k, mabigat... Hubby said no to the 40k package, good luck with this one.


leynathan

  • Guest
Re: St. James The Great Parish in Alabang
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2012, 08:47:04 am »
^that's too much. i'm an alabang bride but ceremony won't be in st. james. sayang lang, maganda talaga dito.  :)

chupa_chups

  • Guest
Re: St. James The Great Parish in Alabang
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2012, 07:22:59 pm »
I honestly think that St. James looks great even without the flowers because the altar is really nice and the structure is relatively new and still well-built.

The best part about St. James is the garden/fountain. When the door opens for the bride before her walk down the aisle, ang background yung garden and fountain! So nice talaga!!!

design21

  • Guest
Re: St. James The Great Parish in Alabang
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2012, 10:27:34 pm »
yes and if may kasabay ka na wedding naghahati nlang brides to be. like if mornibg wedding nila sayo 3pm you guys can talk pwede naman sa altar lang flowers maganda na din

Baby Madeline

  • Guest
Re: St. James The Great Parish in Alabang
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2012, 01:59:21 pm »
^Oh, I didn't know na pwede palang maghati about the flowers? I'll ask Ms. Lucille, sayang din kasi e.  ;)At sana may kasabay akong bride sa morning, 3pm wedding namin e.  ;D Thanks for the info! :)

Agree! Ganda nga ng altar and the garden.  :) When we booked this church, napa-"this-is-it" talaga ako, as in, "This is it, I'm really getting married! "  :)

wahmproject

  • Guest
Re: St. James The Great Parish in Alabang
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2012, 07:51:32 pm »
i got married here four years ago. ang tagal na! haha. And yes the church flowers are not part of the church fee. December din kami and although festive ang decors, baka wala namang flowers sa venue if you dont get the florist. so medyo bare pa rin. IF flower arrangement is not a priority for you (ie. while walking down the aisle, sa altar) , then dont get it na lang. Maganda naman ang altar nila eh, may xmas tree din sa pagkaalala ko. :)  I didnt think of contacting the other couple to share the cost. sayang! haha. but during our time, the minimum is 10k. 

So kung iisipin mahal but consider also that your wedding will be quiet/solemn and you will not be rushed bec there's no wedding scheduled immediately after you. hehe.  WE also wanted an airconditioned church and unfortunately konti lang naman sila.  And after I saw yung facade pa lang ng St. James during our ocular, iba din ang naramdaman ko. Sabi ko rin, this is it! haha.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close