watch now

Author Topic: Do you believe in Multitasking?  (Read 7830 times)

avesoriano

  • Guest
Do you believe in Multitasking?
« on: January 08, 2012, 09:54:06 am »
I want to believe that i can do this. Ive heard this ability its quite innate to most women. Unlike among male species who could only focus to one thing at a time..

My dad argues with me though that focus and concentration is a lot better than multitasking. He said that there is less stress and there are better results

Whats your notion about this?

chianti

  • Guest
Re: Do you believe in Multitasking?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 11:21:37 am »
I do this too a lot but I read somewhere that it takes more effort to switch from one task to another than just focusing on only one task and getting it finished. According to the article I read (and it has scientific backing), multitasking makes our brains less efficient.

I still multitask whenever the situation calls for it but I'm also trying to be conscious about it now so I could have better concentration on things I do.

avesoriano

  • Guest
Re: Do you believe in Multitasking?
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 02:21:13 pm »
^ i googled it too and i found that as well. I just dont know how not to. I wonder how many task at the same time is healthy

binx

  • Guest
Re: Do you believe in Multitasking?
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 02:33:28 am »
i multitask a lot!
I cant just focus on one thing... sumasakit ang ulo ko at madali akong mainip.
And i feel like im less productive if im just focused on one thing.
Like sa office, while im doing work, nakaopen ang GT forum though most of the time im just on reading mode. Several other tabs are open for different sites. :)
Sa house naman, while cooking, nuod ng tv and fb and ym.

The only thing i can only focus to is when im with my baby girl.
Mahirap malingat pag nag aalaga ng toddler... kailangan ng 100% energy. :)

stormy_princess

  • Guest
Re: Do you believe in Multitasking?
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 08:14:37 am »
i multitask a lot!
I cant just focus on one thing... sumasakit ang ulo ko at madali akong mainip.
And i feel like im less productive if im just focused on one thing.
Like sa office, while im doing work, nakaopen ang GT forum though most of the time im just on reading mode. Several other tabs are open for different sites. :)
Sa house naman, while cooking, nuod ng tv and fb and ym.

The only thing i can only focus to is when im with my baby girl.
Mahirap malingat pag nag aalaga ng toddler... kailangan ng 100% energy. :)

same thing with me sis. i feel less efficient pag hindi ako nagmumulti-task. at dito sa office pag hindi ka multitasking tatambakan ka at hindi mo matatapos tasks for the day. but since it makes the brain less efficient daw. ay goodluck sana mabawasan ko ito:D

Cheesecak3

  • Guest
Re: Do you believe in Multitasking?
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 03:13:09 am »
Sanay akong magmultitask. I can play with my kids, read books, checking emails, answering clients queries online and checking my phone almost all the same time everyday.

Parang hindi ko kaya kung isa lang ang gagawin ko. Sobrang sanay ako na maraming ginagawa. Kapag may araw na konti lang ang gagawin ko o kaya hindi ako busy parang laging may kulang.

azel

  • Guest
Re: Do you believe in Multitasking?
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 06:17:31 am »
hello sisses! have you watched Nat Geo's Test Your Brain? very interesting show.. if you haven't seen it, try watching it, promise matutuwa kayo & marami kayong matututunan... & in relevance to this thread, watch nyo yun 1 episode nila, topic: Pay Attention

you can also check this out :)
http://natgeotv.com/asia/test-your-brain/videos/pay-attention

better if you can watch the whole episode :D sa youtube siguro meron non ;)

avesoriano

  • Guest
Re: Do you believe in Multitasking?
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 06:59:02 pm »
Baka magalit ang mga feminist sa akin... Pero natawa ako dito

http://tunaynalalake.blogspot.com/2012/01/multi-tasking-ba-kamo.html?m=1

Nagagalit sa akin teacher ko dati whenever i am in the classroom. I cant sit still i have to
write and do something while listening to her otherwise ill get bored. Most will argue talaga to concentrate. I dont know.

i admit americans who can juggle more than two activities at a time. Driving talking to someone and applying lipstick all at the same time. Incredible

Aquacharly other things i can combo do?? And cannot?

michi247

  • Guest
Re: Do you believe in Multitasking?
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 07:51:40 pm »
multitasker ako. pag hindi, feeling ko wala ko nagawa or wala ko matatapos and nasanay na ko since bata pa ko.

cheskacruz

  • Guest
Re: Do you believe in Multitasking?
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 08:24:22 pm »
I'm a multitasker... I can't focus on one thing unless it's for a deadline and i'm running out of time or I am taking an exam... Pag weekends and wala akong event, lalo na, I can wash clothes while cooking, playing with my 3 kids and surfing the net, minsan while taking in client calls pa...  ;)

I can't focus on one task, sayang ang oras... Hehe

mikelly

  • Guest
Re: Do you believe in Multitasking?
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 05:56:56 am »
I found multitasking is a very productive way in doing tasks.  Like sa house, I can cook / wash dishes / clean the house / take care of my daughter while having the washing machine spinned. It's just that we have to see to it na we can do things better though we multitask.  If I am in the office naman, I cannot entertain client while doing something.  Kasi minsan critical yung concern, so better to give my full attention kasi pag nag kamali ako, it would be complicated naman. 

So I think it depends, as long as you can handle things you multitask with.

JINJIN:*

  • Guest
Re: Do you believe in Multitasking?
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 09:37:42 pm »
uu naman.

Im good with this.

I am talking on the phone while I am typing this message. lol

glamorosa_09

  • Guest
Re: Do you believe in Multitasking?
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 12:43:22 pm »
Haay, ako hindi magaling sa multi-tasking.

While walking at pag-iinom sa  mineral bottle, kailangan ko huminto. Kaya naaaliw saken hubby ko, sya kasi ang mahilig sa multi-tasking.

I value productivity too, kaya time management works for me.

Do multi-taskers live in the present and enjoy the moment?

mrsdee

  • Guest
Re: Do you believe in Multitasking?
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 08:49:03 pm »
counted ba ang eating chips while watching TV? hehe.
I easily get bored lalo pag monotonous ang activity kaya I tend to multi-task din. Feeling ko sayang ang oras just waiting for instance, for a food to cook, kaya I look for other things to do. I go to social networking sites while doing acad stuff. I watch a movie while chatting. Pero siguro pag medyo lengthy ang task at requires focus and I really want to get things done fast, I unplug the TV or unplug the network cable then focus on a research work or report. hehe.

blackroseMD

  • Guest
Re: Do you believe in Multitasking?
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2012, 09:34:06 pm »
Yes, doing one thing at a time is way better than multi tasking.... its easier to perform, and you can give more focus on a certain task... But MOST OF THE TIME, and I mean everytime, Multitasking is required. once you get used to it, it'll be just an ordinary single task...

While I'm studying, I'm wathching TV, eating chichirya, put down the chichirya, text my friend and study again, while listening to the TV and the cycle continues... if I don't do that I fall asleep.... haha!

O kaya naman nong intern ako, while I'm processing blood bags, I'm bleeding donors, and patagong nakikipag text... haha!

Pero pag talgang bukas na, as in bukas na yung utimate exam, Multitasking parin, 2-3 books at a time, scanning and connect the dots! haha! kaso no more chichirya :(

Dacian

  • Guest
Re: Do you believe in Multitasking?
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2014, 02:10:09 pm »
okay lang bang pinapagawa ng art work ang bata while the tv (educational video) is on?  yes or no?  and why?

kaiz

  • Guest
Re: Do you believe in Multitasking?
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2014, 07:50:31 am »
my 5 year old son, super tagal pakainin.. so while pinapakain ko siya, i make lists of what to buy, what to do, i answer text messages, etc but i don't answer calls kapag pinapakain ko my son.

ikaela

  • Guest
Re: Do you believe in Multitasking?
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2014, 08:51:07 am »
Multitasking is one thing I do not like doing. I tend to shut down when I am required to do many things as once. I'm talking about things that require brain work and/or physical exertion; syempre hindi naman yung mga things as simple as listening to music while cleaning.

Like today, I have a ton of driving, packing/unpacking, "physical" "errands to do, so I am dedicating the whole day for that. After this, I'd rather not do my writing, accounting, and bookkeeping because I will not be 100% into those things after getting tired. But I will be able to exercise and/or some housework.

Tomorrow, if I say it's a work day, I mean it -- no household chores, no errands, no work outs. Just pure thinking matters.

Okay, I just read this and maybe this isn't really NOT multitasking. But I do like to completely focus on things because I want them done according to my standards and nothing less. On the positive side, I do great work, but on the negative side, I tend to work slow.

sima

  • Guest
Re: Do you believe in Multitasking?
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2014, 01:20:24 am »
While multi-tasking saves time, quality of the product or service suffers naman.  Better siguro kung magpagtuunan ng focus ang isang bagay, see it through the end, and then start another one.

jonalynbeverly

  • Guest
Re: Do you believe in Multitasking?
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2016, 09:01:18 pm »
I do multitasking most of the time. I am an online instructor and I need to a lot of things all at the same time.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close