watch now

Author Topic: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2  (Read 157573 times)

cess

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #260 on: February 04, 2014, 03:23:46 pm »
^onlytechgirl, hi sis, 16k hubby donor. under ako ni doc Aleta sa Bloodworks, Katipunan. :)

sis maman, usually daw retest is after 4 sessions sabi ni doc.. pero medyo paranoid kasi ako, meron kasi akong nabasa before na after 4 sessions, 0% padin HLA nya kaya dun pa lang sya nag donor. although this is bihira lang naman daw. kaya nagparetest ako 3 weeks after my 2nd session, 20% na ako from 0%.  we're planning to retest ulit after 2-3 more sessions. 

onlytechgirl

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #261 on: February 05, 2014, 03:59:29 pm »
^thanks sis. kay doc aleta rin ako pero sabi niya wag muna daw kasi feeling niya emotionally stress pa ako sa past miscarriage ko. sayang lang yun session. binigyan niya na lang muna ako nga vitamins to boost my immune system pero if one year wala pa rin, sabi niya bumalik ako sa kanya, kaya inaaalam ko na rin yun cost para kung sakaling babalik pa ako sa kanya eh financially ready na kami.

maman

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #262 on: February 05, 2014, 09:21:00 pm »
^ i'm doing mine at AII in Makati. It's 18k per LIT session.

^^ Yung LAT is in % pala. Do you know what they are measuring in LAT? My doctor said as long as it is more than 50, I'm okay na daw.

lelaina17

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #263 on: February 07, 2014, 12:18:06 pm »


To those who are done with LIT, how soon did you get tested for LAT?

after 1 month from the last session.

grabe mahal na pala ngayon. when i underwent lit in 2012, 14k pa lang per donor plus 1k if from MEL ang donor.  all worth it though. my baby boy is turning 4mos this feb18.  ;D

side note: dr. abong doesn't do lit at MEL anymore. she does it na daw at her clinic in madocs.

maman

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #264 on: February 07, 2014, 05:23:14 pm »
^ Thanks, sis. Congrats on your successful pregnancy. You give us hope. ;) How soon did you get pregnant from your last LIT session? Also, did you do IVF?

diamond_nanette

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #265 on: February 07, 2014, 10:20:40 pm »
Hi everyone!

Very common, when I'm reading a forum and someone says they're pregnant already, I can't help but backread and try to see what treatments they have done.

If it's not too much, please share your journey to BFP.

Please answer the following:

1. What's your diagnosis? (PCOS/LAT %)
2. How many LIT sessions?
3. What meds did you take while TTC?
4. Any fertility supplements?
5. Name of OB - Hospital/Clinic where LIT was conducted
6. Message/Tips for those still TTC

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 05:24:10 am by diamond_nanette »

summerjam

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #266 on: February 09, 2014, 10:58:13 pm »
Hi! Hope someone could help me. Lat negative din po aku 0%. Ang prob ko kasi ab ang husband ko at ako ay o.. Blood type specific ba ang lit?

Thanks i'll really appreciate it! God bless everyone

syana

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #267 on: February 10, 2014, 09:46:40 am »
Hi! Hope someone could help me. Lat negative din po aku 0%. Ang prob ko kasi ab ang husband ko at ako ay o.. Blood type specific ba ang lit?

Thanks i'll really appreciate it! God bless everyone

hi sis! im done with my LIT treatments.. di naman sya blood type specific. type O din ako while my husband is type B.. un mga donors ko din ay iba ibang blood types..  i started with 0% LAT, after 5 treatments, 100% na sya:-)

diamond_nanette

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #268 on: February 11, 2014, 07:48:34 pm »
Hello po. Young LIT payment per session or per donor ?ilang donors po ang maximum per session? Thanks in advance.

lelaina17

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #269 on: February 12, 2014, 04:08:20 pm »
@maman my last LIT session was in september 2012. lat a month after. then by feb 2013 preggy na ko.  thankfully, there was no need for ivf. in my case kasi, i get pregnant easily. only prob was my immune system kaya i suffered miscarriages. good luck sis! don't worry all your sacrifices would be worth it. :)

@diamond_nanette
1) i had 0% lat and positive ana.
2) 7 sessions of lit
3) folic acid, aspirin and prednisone while ttc. also had follicle monitoring
4) no fertility supplements, just multivitamins and calcium
5) lit at MEL by dr. abong; asian hosp for consultations
6) don't pressure yourselves. avoid stress. just relax and enjoy ttc

lit payments are per donor. i dunno kung ilan max. sa kin dati up to 2 donors lang.

diamond_nanette

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #270 on: February 14, 2014, 09:54:42 pm »
Lelaina17,  thank you so much for taking time to answer my post, I really appreciate it. I had 3 LIT from my husband from HLA1 18 and HLA2 9 naging 45-37 after a month from the last LIT, then  2 donors ulit, yong LAT after 7mos from the last LIT now HLA1 65 and HLA2 60. Sabi nang immu koi sang LIT pa daw

maman

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #271 on: February 16, 2014, 05:25:23 pm »
Sis diamond_nanette, what are HLA1 and HLA2?

I saw this when i researched on it:

http://www.genepartner.com/index.php/science
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 05:49:55 pm by maman »

Mrs. APAS

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #272 on: February 24, 2014, 11:01:15 pm »
Hi, anyone here na patient ni Dra. Carol Gloria? Napansin ko kasi puro Dr. Aleta. Thanks sis!

diamond_nanette

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #273 on: March 16, 2014, 12:16:13 pm »
Hello Sis maman, sorry very late response. HLA genes are the main genetic determinants of the repertoire of possible immune responses of an individual. Part from this, hey have significant role in the reproduction. It play a critical roles durin different stages of reproduction. According to the study conducted by the National Institute for Research in Productive Health,   HLA sharing between the embryo patient (female partner) and the sperm provider (male partner) inevitably leads to implantation dysfunction and reproductive loss.

dimples00711

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #274 on: April 11, 2014, 07:23:06 pm »
Hi, I'm new in this forum, have my LAT done, result 0% PRA, reaction code 2, HLA positive control 1.490, HLA negative control 0.094, positive IgG OA 1.153, cut off 0.30. KCT 80, APTT 25, DRVVT 38.
Anyone know what does this result mean?

Have done 4 IUI but failed. My OB said before an negative naman ako sa alas base sa result but I'M really confuse now, nabasa ko Kasi dito na adapt 100% adapt yun PRA. Pls help me, super confuse talaga ako. I'm 32 years old and married for 5 years, never been pregnant.

GlassHalfEmpty

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #275 on: May 18, 2014, 01:59:27 pm »
Hello! I'm new to this thread and I hope people are still active here to share thoughts on my situation. I am currently 9 weeks pregnant and on bed rest so I have so much time on my hands to make myself more anxious. Sorry for the long story but I just need to vent this out.

Just to share my history - I already have a 5 year-old son with whom I had the easiest pregnancy one could ever wish for (no pregnancy symptoms, no complications, if it were not for my huge belly I wouldn't have noticed I was pregnant). Back when I was still single I was already diagnosed with PCOS but was able to conceive naturally and unplanned. I was on the pill until last year and I got pregnant 3 months after I stopped taking it (April). Unfortunately, that ended in a missed miscarriage at 9 weeks (fetus only grew until 6 weeks).

This March I got pregnant again. All my 3 pregnancies have been spontaneous - unassisted and without medications. I was happy to find out but being the pessimist and worrywart that I am I over-analyzed every symptom I had and every symptom that I didn't have. I kept on pestering my OB via text and saw her every week because I keep on getting anxiety attacks that something is wrong with the baby. I also developed gestational diabetes early on this pregnancy but my OB has assured me that this is easy to manage and so far, it really has been. I love my OB and she is very positive and patient with me and if not for her I would have really gone bonkers.

Just last week I had another one of those "anxiety visits" to my OB and just to appease me (this after being shown a nice scan of the fetus with healthy heartbeat and minor subchorionic bleeding) she ordered for me to have APAS panel because my cousin who is also pregnant has this condition. I did all the expensive tests including the tissue crossmatch and primary immunodeficiency panel. There were some findings so I was referred to an immunologist.

The immunologist explained that while I do not have the "bad" antibodies, I do not have the "good' ones and my clotting time is shortened - so I do not APAS, but alloimmune disorder and thrombophilia. The treatment is the same though - heparin injections (I am allergic to aspirin), intralipid infusions and LIT. I started all these this week.

I realized though that right after my intralipid infusion, my belly and whole body felt really heavy, but the days after that I felt light as a breeze, and an alleviation of the symptoms that I had from the beginning - no more nausea and headache, no heavy feeling in the belly, no more aches and pains. At first I felt relief but now I am beginning to panic again as I am utterly convinced again that something's wrong with the baby that's why I am feeling better. I want to go to the OB again but to be honest I am trying to resist doing so as my husband is getting wary of my panic attacks and I have another ultrasound scheduled next week anyway. I don't know how I can last until then without losing my mind.

If anyone can share their experiences with the treatments, please do so. Thanks for taking the time to read my long post. :)

barbiebaby28

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #276 on: June 05, 2014, 06:58:56 pm »
Hi sis glasshalfempty, most of of apas moms here is active sa facebook group . I suggest you look it up and join there, mas madami makakpagreply sayo dun, mrs apas, i am also patient of dra carol gloria. Succesful pregnancy. :)
Facebook group name all about apas and immuno-reproductive cases

Jeannef

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #277 on: June 24, 2014, 11:29:29 am »
First LAT ko last year sa MEL: Reaction HLA1= 2 19% HLA2= 2 11%

fast forward 2014

after 3 LIT session husband + 2 donor
LAT ulit after a month from the last session sa AII Makati (March 2014)
Reaction: HLA1= 2 11% HLA2 = 1 0%

bumaba ang score ko after ko magpa-lit

so denial ako... na depressed ako and then nagpaaccupuncture ako kay Sis Regina Lui upto now

natagalan bago ko nagpa-LAT ulit dapat sa hi-precision kaso matagal walang reagent

gusto kong magpa-lat ulit para maverify... at bago ko magpa-LIT treatment ulit.

June 6 2014 nagpa-LAT ulit ako this time sa MRL PGH... sabay silang nagkaroon ng reagent.

5,000 sa hiprecision vs  3,500 sa pgh parehas lang 2 weeks ang result.
pagdating ko pgh... may taga hiprecision na nandun sa MRL Lab na may bag for transit ng specimen... I don't know if nagdadala lang sila ng mga test dun. hindi ko naverify. ang sabi lang ng MRL sa akin sa phone minsan may 5 or by batch dumadating na magpapaLAT.

after 2 weeks... REACTION: HLA1= 6 57% HLA2= 2 15%.

gulat na gulat talaga ako.

possible bang ang bagal ng pagtaas ng Lymphocyte antibody ko? or what?

magpapa-LIT na ulit ako and sana next time na magpatest ako eh 80-100% na.

PinkyLou

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #278 on: July 02, 2014, 04:23:36 pm »
Goodpm.  I'm new to this thread. Brief history about me, I had 2 m/cs both no fetal hearbeat, no D&C. I'm positive for Cat I and V. Just found out yesterday so I am new to immunology issues. Im under doc cervantes of asian. I'll undergo LIT with her but I'm thinking baka merong clinic/lab na pwede dun na blood extraction of hubby and LIT at the same time? With Doc Cervantes kasi, blood will be extracted at Makat or Taft tapos dadalhin pa white blood cells sa asian dapat within 2-3 hours either by messenger or si hubby na mismo, which is hassle. I've been backreading, I understand meron bloodworks sa Q.C... any other clinics/labs?

Please help and kung pwede with the cost already para I can compare..   Thanks po in advance!

appleberrycream

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #279 on: July 24, 2014, 07:55:28 pm »
Hi pinkylou, I'm seeing dr. Ed Lim at Manila Doctors. May laboratory din sya dun katabi lang ng madocs.

LIT per screening of donor is 3800, then pag infuse na ng whiteblood cells sayo that's 13k per person. So prepare 25k per screening and another 52k for the infusion of whiteblood cells. 4 pax kase yun including si hubby.

Pag nag ivig ka naman prepare 105k for one dextrose. I know it's very expensive. The first time I heard about it na depress ako talaga and ni ready ko na baka maubos savings namin ni hubby. But my husband told me na ang pera kikitain mo naman yan ulit but having a child of your own is priceless. Na diagnose ako with apas when I am 7 weeks pregnant na. Ngayon I'm on my 15th week already.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close