watch now

Author Topic: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2  (Read 157507 times)

lelaina17

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #240 on: July 02, 2013, 04:45:01 pm »
^hi! 2012 for me was a year full of treatments. i had 7 sessions of LIT, 3 of which were from 2 donors. then pinag aspirin and prednisone ako in addition to folic acid prescribed by my ob. nag-calcium din ako. we were given the go signal to try for a baby again during the latter part of 2012. i'm now 21 weeks preggy. :) daming meds na nadagdag like innohep, duphaston, utrogestan and vitamins. and since i'm on steroids, tumaas ang blood sugar ko so i inject insulin din twice a day. i'm on bed rest din since my 7th week until i give birth. tiyaga lang talaga. i'll do anything basta ok ang baby ko. :)

lelaina17

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #241 on: July 03, 2013, 03:16:19 pm »
^thanks! ako noon sis nagpa-LIT muna ko. then nung tumaas na LAT ko saka kami nag-try ulit. masyado kasi aggressive immune system ko. i even had to undergo IVIG during my 7th week coz nagkaroon ako ng subchorionic hemorrhage. ask na lang dr. abong. ang alam ko lang kasi dapat magpa-LIT na habang di pa buntis. case to case basis siguro.

re donor, you can bring your own. ngbblood screen naman sila sa MEL. pwede din sila magprovide. mag-add ka lang 1k sa LIT fee. during my first 3 LITs, si hubby donor ko but minimal increase lang LAT ko so nag-add kami ng donor (friend namin) dun sa 2 sumunod na LIT. then for my succeeding LITs, inavail ko na yung donor nila. maganda naman result. tried and tested na kasi mga donors nila.

jdantes

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #242 on: July 06, 2013, 01:04:18 pm »

Hi there mga sis,

I agree that you should finish your LIT sessions first as much as possible before getting pregnant as advised by my immunologist, Dr Aleta too. I did my LIT sessions with her in BloodWorks lab in QC.  The MTs there specialize in Reproductive Immunology tests.

Goodluck! :)

34m4nth4

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #243 on: October 25, 2013, 04:51:53 pm »
hello mommyontop: where can I get the magic bandage?

newbeymum

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #244 on: November 05, 2013, 06:36:55 am »
Hello everyone, its been quite sometime since I last logged in here in GT for the reason I got so busy. Anyways I want to share about my LIT therapy. Just to cut the long story short last Oct of 2010 I got pregnant but it ended and had DNC bec the pregnancy was blighted. After that I had an aggressive work up i had Hsg then 6 all ib all failed iui. I was supposed to under go IVF but then someone told me to check my LAT and the APAS panel and was suggested to visit an immunologist. I asked my OB/RE about it but was discouraged. My diagnoses was unexplained secondary infertility. Again i had my Apas panel tests and was advice to undergo the LIT treatment. I had 3 sessions of it in 2 weeks interval plus of course accupuncture once a weeks the following month I found out i was pregnant. Now my baby girl is already 5  months okd turning 6 abd thank God she is a healthy baby. I actually dont know if I got pregnant bec of my LIT treatment bec i didnt checky lat anymore after the 3 LIT treatment since I got preggo. But nevertheless im thinking it could be one of the reason why i got pregnant plus the prayers. Good thing I insisted to go to an immunologist bec i cant accept my diagnoses unexplained infertility there should be a reason for everything right???

onlytechgirl

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #245 on: November 08, 2013, 08:15:21 pm »
hi mga sis, i'm a newbie here sa thread na to. My LAT results is 0 and 8 %, and my OB refer to an immunologist Dra. Aleta. Hindi pa ako tapos backread dito, nexr week I will visit her. Saan ba mas mura check up at LIT sa kanya sis? Thanks sa reply mga sis ;)

fae678

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #246 on: November 27, 2013, 05:01:26 am »
Hi Everyone, I've been a lurker on this thread for a while and now finally found the courage to ask questions. We've been diagnosed with unexplained infertility and it's been 3 years since we've been trying. Never a BFP...period is very regular.

My hormones are fine and based on test/scans I ovulate regularly. Hubby is ok. My first HSG showed my right tube was blocked. My RE did a laparoscopy on me and he said I had mild endo but he was able to clear it out. After my laparoscopy my RE did another HSG and he said he was able to unblock my right tube so after that everything seems fine according to him. I had 5 cycles of femara and 1 IUI cycle but unfortunately we didn't conceive. The place where we are right now have very limited options as far as seeking second opinion or further testing. They don't do immunological testing for TTC here and I am suspecting this is what is preventing us from conceiving as my very first blood work done by my family doctor I tested positive 2 for ANA but my RE said it shouldn't affect our chances.

Now we are going for a 5 weeks vacation and I am planning to go for immunolgical testing there. Can anyone help me with my questions? And since we have limited time, I wanted to maximize the opportunity as much as possible. Do I need to see and get a referral first from an OB/Gyne for those immunological tests? And do I need to see my OB/Gyne after I get my results then have to be referred to an immunologist? I was just thinking if it's possible to cut the process short to just go for the immunological tests let us say to MEL and then once I have the result I'll go to an immunologist without a referral. Is this possible?

And just in case I can go straight for my immunological tests without the need to see/referred by an OB/Gyne, some say AII is better than MEL as it is more effective and thus shortens the process, is it true? And also, is Dr. Aleta affiliated with AII? I'm planning to see Dr. Aleta if ever.

Thanks in advance for those who will respond to my questions. Any response is greatly appreciated.

Baby dust to all!

Jeannef

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #247 on: November 27, 2013, 04:47:09 pm »
hi! ask lang ako if anyone knows yung clinic and schedule ni dr. abong. hindi ko kasi mahanap, basta tues and sat tapos extraction ng blood sa mel... sa pgh ba? saan ang clinic niya kapag lit treatment? and how much? pati na din contact number. many thanks!  :)

maman

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #248 on: November 29, 2013, 11:00:56 pm »
Hi sisses, I noticed that almost everyone here had a miscarriage before turning to LIT. I've never been pregnant but was advised to take immuno tests and LIT. I'm new to this treatment and I'd like to know if there's any success for those like me who never had any pregnancy prior to LIT.

^ I'm not a patient of Dra Abong but my friend told me she holds clinic in Asian and Madoc. I don't know her clinic hours but i think you can check it at the hospital's website.

^^ I think you could just go straight to an immunologist and ask referral for the tests. She'd be the one to interpret the results for you. I am not sure if Dra. Aleta is still affliated with AII. Please check with her na lang. :)

fae678

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #249 on: November 30, 2013, 12:54:43 am »
Thanks maman for your reply. I'll probably just go straight to an immuno. Anyway, we have the same case, I've never been pregnant. I'll try my luck with the immuno testing and I hope we can both have the answer to this difficulty and hopefully a BFP real soon:).


maman

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #250 on: November 30, 2013, 09:18:55 am »
Sis fae678, good luck sis. I suggest you go see an immuno within your first week of vacation para makapag 2 LIT ka pa dito sa pinas.

mizizlim

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #251 on: December 01, 2013, 10:14:56 pm »
here's dra. abong's clinic sched in asian: Tth 10-12, S 8-10. we did our LIT sessions at MEL 1pm saturdays.

fae678, you have to go to an immuno first before testing. and ask na din agad the tests your hubby has to take also if he's going to be your donor. medyo tight yung 5 weeks kasi merong ibang tests na 5 days before you get the results.

cess

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #252 on: December 10, 2013, 10:44:49 am »
hi sisses! I read the whole thread last night... starting my first LIT session this week, just waiting for my hubby's blood screening results.. grabe ang mahal pala nito.. I'm scared but I'd do anything for us to have a baby..

brief history namin:
I had 2 failed IUI's and 1 failed IVF w/ ICSI.. All normal on my side, hubby has low morph lang but count is 70m+.. My OBRe didn't recommend Immuno tests kasi nga I never got BFP's pero I consulted an Immunologist on my own (hehe, kulit noh?), ayun ang taas ng NK cells ko (20-should be around 12 lang daw if you want to be preggy) and 0% LAT as in both :(


maman

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #253 on: December 11, 2013, 10:55:22 am »
^ Sis, same case tayo. Failed IUIs and IVF din ako. Unexplained ang case namin. Saan ka magpa LIT? Good luck sis.

cess

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #254 on: December 11, 2013, 08:58:14 pm »
hi sis Maman.. kay doc Aleta ako..:)  I started it kanina, balik kami after 2 weeks.. okay naman pala, feeling ko tumaas na threshold ko sa pain sa dami ng injections and blood extractions ko nun sa IVF. hehe

nagpa LIT ka na sis?

Jeannef

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #255 on: January 24, 2014, 07:11:26 am »
hi! ask ko lang nagpapa-lit ba kayo mga sis kahit may menstruation kayo that day? kasi matatapat yung session ko nun.

thanks in advance!  :)

maman

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #256 on: January 24, 2014, 07:25:39 am »
Sis cess, I just started with my LIT this month. Pinalipas ko muna ang holiday rush hehe. Buti mataas ang threshold mo. How long ka mag-LIT?

Sis jeanef, wala naman problem if it falls on your mens day as far as i know. Mine fell 2-3 days before my CD1. Ask your OB if you have doubts.

cess

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #257 on: February 02, 2014, 09:40:46 pm »
^hi sis maman, mga 4-5 sessions lang sana.. nakaka 3 sessions na ako.. hopefully mag 80% man lang kasi ang mahal magpa LIT hehe.

maman

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #258 on: February 04, 2014, 07:45:10 am »
^ Good luck sis cess.  :)

To those who are done with LIT, how soon did you get tested for LAT? Also, what do class I and class II mean?

onlytechgirl

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #259 on: February 04, 2014, 12:00:56 pm »
^hi mga sis, how much na po yun LIT session ngayon? tsaka saan kayo nagpapaLIT? thanks

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close