I attended a seminar of sorts at IMG. Actually, it was a special arrangement just for me, so it was a one-on-one thing. I thought it'd be more in-depth since it was just me and the agent, but, haay, she talked to me as if she was speaking to a large group. So disappointing; wasted opportunity for her and waste of time for me. Hindi man lang niya inalam kung ano financial knowledge/background ko, even though I tried to tell her so she can personalize her spiel. Basta go siya sa dun sa power point presentation niya na I guess okay naman, but it's for people who don't even know the formula "income - savings = expenses." Kung ganito yung group seminar ng IMG, I don't think it's worth attending for people who have the basics of financial knowledge down.
I didn't want to interrupt her at first, but nainip na din ako and basically told her to cut to the chase, skip, skip, skip, and just present to me what I contacted IMG for: the Philam-IMG insurance and the Kaiser HMO. She did show me the tables, but andami niyang weird claims, like yung insurance covers critical illness daw (eh it clearly says on her table that it only covers terminal illness, which is totally different), and that Kaiser will pay 100% daw if you are confined/brought to a non-accredited hospital for an emergency case. Sinabi ko talaga sa kanya, "Hmm, maniwala ako, walang HMO ang nag-co-cover sa non-accredited, kung meron man, hangggang P5,000 lang." Claim pa rin siya ng claim na 100% daw, no questions asked, and even called one of the higher-ups to confirm. Now look what I found what it says right on the Kaiser website: "For Emergency care at non-designated hospitals: KAISER will reimburse 80% of the total hospital bills inclusive of professional fees... but not to exceed Php5,000." Haay. Kaya ang pangit ng image ng insurance agents eh, they'll say anything, even lie direct to your face, just to make a sale. Or pwede din she doesn't really 100% understand the products she herself is selling.
Anyway, no na ako sa IMG. Lalo na that the joining fee is P3,700. Ibabayad ko na lang yun sa existing term insurance ko.